Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #2356
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
just back from a 3 night stay at Coronado. We had a great but exhausting trip. Just DD and I to celebrate her college graduation . We didnt spend much time at the resort itself since we were in the parks much of the time. (In retrospect, we probably should have stayed at a value to save money because of the little amount of time we actually utilized the resort, but Coronado was one resort DD really wanted to try out) The grounds were so beautiful and very well themed.

As posted the other day, we had done online check in, requesting Casitas, but ended up with Ranchos 7A, room 7296. For such a short stay I wasn't going to ask for another building, but I would have rather had a building closer to El Centro. I wanted to get coffee and lemonade for DD in the AM, and the walk took about 8 minutes each way. Not a big deal, but I had to allow for the time to walk there, sit and drink my coffee, refill the coffee again, and walk back.

Used that time in El Centro to get online, check my email etc. We could not connect to the wifi from our room, and also had no 3G or cell service in the room either. I figure it must have just been the room's location. The wifi was perfect from El Centro and The Dig.

We were very close to bus stop 3 which was nice. Bus service was great. Hardly had to wait at all for a bus any of our days.

Housekeeping was fine for us. No issues with things not being cleaned etc. I made no special requests for anything; beds made and toiletries, coffee pods retocked each day etc. DD was using an old, old, old park hoppe rticket with 1 day left on it. After it was used, I tossed it inthe room's trash basket. The housekeeper must have seen it in there and thought it was tossed in error, so she put it on the desk for me. I thought that was pretty nice; I woud have really appreciated it if I had thrown my still unused ticket away by accident!

Ate at pepper market last night before our bus back to MCO. Got in right at 4:30, got seated quickly. I had chicken fajitas and DD had fish tacos; both were really good. No refills on drinks while we were there, but we weren't there long (maybe 1/2 hour) and we didn't need refills so no big deal. A CM came over and asked us how everything was etc(not a server, more like a manager of some kind)

Spent a couple hours at The Dig yesterday before our ME departure time. Pool was good, not too crowded. Had a couple drinks from Siestas and just relaxed after 3 exhausting days in the parks! Used the showers there and it worked out fine. Thanks for that info, whoever it was that answered my question the other day.

Had to use luggage services to store our bags for the day and when we got them out to leave, the CM said he could not accept tips is that new or exclusive to Coronado? I've tipped before at other resorts when picking luggage up from storage.

The resort was great, I loved the landscaping and the feel to it, but I think we decided it's not for us. I don't like how spread out it is. We've stayed at Carribean Beach and POR before and same thing...nice but too spread out for us. Staying at POFQ in August so maybe that will be the mod for us since it's a little more compact.
Thanks for the resort review! I hope that CSR works on better wi-fi connections for the rooms. I'm surprised that the connections are not better since it is a convention resort.

I know we have tipped bell services several times at CSR (2010) and they accepted the tips.

It is a pretty resort, but there is more walking involved at CSR than POFQ. If compact is what you'd like, POFQ may indeed be the top choice for you.

Glad to hear mousekeeping was good. There have been too many negative mousekeeping reviews lately, though I think mousekeeping is hit or miss at any resort. The cleanest room we ever had was at AS Music.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #2357
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I had great wi-fi reception from our room in May. We were in cabanas 9A, so maybe
it's the buildings further out that aren't getting good reception?
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #2358
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

I had good reception in cabana 8a as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #2359
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
I had great wi-fi reception from our room in May. We were in cabanas 9A, so maybe
it's the buildings further out that aren't getting good reception?
I was in Casitas 5 and had great reception. My only issue was during high traffic times of the day I couldn't get connected. I'd wait an hour or two later and everything would be fine.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #2360
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
I was in Casitas 5 and had great reception. My only issue was during high traffic times of the day I couldn't get connected. I'd wait an hour or two later and everything would be fine.
maybe...I would try in the morning (between 6:00 am and 8:00 am) get nothing, walk over to El Centro and get it no problem, but I believe the wifi at El Centro is a different connection than the one in the rooms. Also, tried at night, anywhere from 7:30 - 11:00 and nothing. Never tried from our room during the day.

I was thinking it was our specific room that was the problem, since I couldn't get 3G service either
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast

Last edited by cepmom; 06-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #2361
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
maybe...I would try in the morning (between 6:00 am and 8:00 am) get nothing, walk over to El Centro and get it no problem, but I believe the wifi at El Centro is a different connection than the one in the rooms. Also, tried at night, anywhere from 7:30 - 11:00 and nothing. Never tried from our room during the day.

I was thinking it was our specific room that was the problem, since I couldn't get 3G service either
I was having issues with my 3G service in the room too, but intermittently.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #2362
Makcarly
Mouseketeer

We stayed as CSR in April in Cabana's 9B (or maybe 8B) and I never had any wifi issues on my iPad or iPhone.
Mom/son getaway: September 2014- POP

Old 06-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #2363
pooki1
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post a quick report of our stay, May11-20th. We really enjoyed CSR, and definitely will be back! Our mousekeeper Omy was wonderful. She left us cute towel animals and lots of toiletries everyday. We were in 9A, 9230,close to the quiet pool and not too far from bus stop 4. We were offered a ride from the golf cart guys 3 times! Each CM we talked to was kind and helpful. I thought the grounds were gorgeous and well kept. Gardenias were blooming and smelled wonderful, I picked a couple and kept them in water in our room, such a nice memory,smelling them when we opened the door after a long day at the parks! My DS 8 loved the panninis on the buffet at PM and is still talking about them! My DH liked the comfortable beds and the privacy door ( great so he could sleep in while I got ready!) No complaints, glad though that we waited a few hours for 9A instead of taking Ranchos 7A that was ready when we got there (8 am Sat. morning!) I think the walk to El Centro every morning for coffee from 9a was just long enough to wake me up!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #2364
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1 View Post
Just wanted to post a quick report of our stay, May11-20th. We really enjoyed CSR, and definitely will be back! Our mousekeeper Omy was wonderful. She left us cute towel animals and lots of toiletries everyday. We were in 9A, 9230,close to the quiet pool and not too far from bus stop 4. We were offered a ride from the golf cart guys 3 times! Each CM we talked to was kind and helpful. I thought the grounds were gorgeous and well kept. Gardenias were blooming and smelled wonderful, I picked a couple and kept them in water in our room, such a nice memory,smelling them when we opened the door after a long day at the parks! My DS 8 loved the panninis on the buffet at PM and is still talking about them! My DH liked the comfortable beds and the privacy door ( great so he could sleep in while I got ready!) No complaints, glad though that we waited a few hours for 9A instead of taking Ranchos 7A that was ready when we got there (8 am Sat. morning!) I think the walk to El Centro every morning for coffee from 9a was just long enough to wake me up!
Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad everything went well for you and that you enjoyed your stay at CSR.

Just another indication that it really depends on the person "assigned" to your room to clean it -- it is the luck of the draw (although it should certainly NOT be that way).

I can't wait to be "home" in December.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #2365
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
We are debating staying here or CBR. Going back to read all the information so I can hopefully make up my mind.
I was at CBR a month ago for my first visit there. I was by myself. I am going to CSR next month with my family but have never stayed there. I see your kids are 9 & 10 so I'll give you my thoughts on CBR. CBR was pretty and very relaxed (except for the food court of course ). The pool area is very nice but it is really geared toward the younger kids. The water play area is great for the tots but I didn't think it would be as fun for older kids. The pool is a nice pool and has 2 slides but one of them is definitely for the small children while the other is a fun slide for the older kids and adults (I tried it!) The pool for me was ok and not what I would prefer. And it definitely would not have been one of the pool favorites for my kids either if they had come - although still lovely, just not the best for older kids.

At CBR, I also felt like there was little to do there. The food court was great and I did enjoy that! The shop was nice too. But other than that, I just didn't get the feeling of activity and fun going on. There is no lounge, although there is a pool bar. And they do have the pirate cruise at CBR so it is convenient to do that if you stay here. I felt CBR was best for a family with young children that would appreciate the water play set and food court and that wouldn't want to sit in lounges or restaurants or do much after sun-down.

I am so glad I tried out CBR by myself but I'm also glad that I booked CSR for the big family trip due to all the other amenties they offer and the HUGE pool slide. My kids are going to LOVE IT!!!

Anyway, just my two cents - good luck on your decision!

[QUOTE=cmhguy;45162418]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
If you ever have any problem, I always recommend actually visiting the Front Desk of the resort rather than calling from your room phone. All calls are directed to call centers and the person you're talking to is not at the resort even though the call is answered that way. Another good option is to speak to a housekeeper in person.
QUOTE]

I was aware of this, but we were back in Ranchos 7B so I tried calling first. Interestingly, someone was at the room in under 5 minutes when I called. I was shocked by this, really! Once, I hit the housekeeping line by mistake...someone at CSR's housekeeping picked up - I could tell by the background noise...

I just became so frustrated. For exmple, I showed them the dirty beds - they changed one and not the other. ugh... It just appeared that no one cared... This is why I kept getting so frustrated and finally gave up for my own peace of mind and enjoyment of my vacation.

I was afraid of what housekeeping could do to our room and stuff while we were out because of the complaints - and that freaked me out a little! I'm not one to complain at restaurants - if it's really bad, I politely send it back - I know first hand too many stories of what happens when you complain.... ...I will admit - I began keeping my toothbrush wrapped up in the safe when we left for the day....

Comparing the reviews on this thread and other sites, CSR has really been taking hits on their housekeeping. I'm a witness. I haven't seen this on POR threads and reviews.

It felt like there was a different person in our room every day too - nothing was the same from day-to-day. On our last night there, housekeeping finally left a card with their name on it. I've recieved these at Pop and POR. On our final day, we were resting on the beds - curtains open so you could clearly see us - and at 10:30 a.m. housekeeping knocked on the door. I didn't answer, and she knocked again only longer and harder. I got up and answered the door - she asked if we were leaving...I said, yes at check out time, 11 a.m. She said she would be back then and was visibly not happy. WHAT!!??? I had to calm down after that one.....
I've had horrendous housekeeping experiences (and maintenance) at Beach Club and CBR (where they were knocking on my door - and yes, even attempted to enter my room while I was dressing - AT BOTH RESORTS!!!) So I hear ya, it really put a sour note in my mouth about both resorts. I was at BC in 2008 and have had no desire to go back since then although I might be willing in another couple of years. CBR was just last month and based on the totality of my experience there, I don't ever see myself going back - I'd go to other moderate resorts first.

Unfortunately, housekeeping is a HUGE part of your resort stay and if they don't do well, they lose out on return customers. At check in, you talk to the folks for 5 to 10 minutes but usually never more than that and many times less than that! Check out is automated typically so no interaction there. But once you are in that room, you have the most contact with housekeeping - even if you never see them. They are in your room with your personal things and attending to a room where you sleep and consider 'home' while you are on vacation. It astounds me that any resort would allow these negative trends to continue.

But on a positive note, I have had wonderful experiences with housekeeping at several Disney resorts and these outweigh the negative. I'll stick with Disney, but only at the resorts where I am treated well (Poly, WL, POR, & AK were all great!!!)

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #2366
aladams2
DIS Veteran

We left CSR this AM and we also had internet issues. I called the front desk and they said that they were having issues. So, hopefully, it's not all the time.
Molly 8

2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #2367
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

Planned on downloading books to the kindle for the ride home. Guess we'll load enough books before we leave home for both ways of the trip.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #2368
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

The concierge wouldn't take our tip either. He printed our boarding passes for us. But outside at the ME desk, the lady we checked our bags with accepted our tip.

We had good wifi connection in Casitas 5 in January. Can't wait until they open the reservations for next January! CSR here we come! This time we're booking a preferred location. We loved Casitas.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #2369
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1962 View Post
Planned on downloading books to the kindle for the ride home. Guess we'll load enough books before we leave home for both ways of the trip.
Not sure which Kindle you have, but mine is the one with 3G and WiFi (this one:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...famstripe_kk3g). I didn't have any trouble downloading books from either the main pool, Cabanas quiet pool, or from inside my rooms in Cabanas 9A or 8B when was there in Nov/Dec or when I was there in early May.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #2370
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

Thank you.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: