Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2311
KatMark
DIS Veteran

The "carts" used to take people from one end of the resort to the other. However, they did away with that a few years ago and it is basically only offered to convention guests. However, on occasion, you will get a nice CM who will stop and ask if you want a ride....but it is very rare (don't know if it is an insurance thing or what?).
Old 06-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #2312
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman1 View Post
@CityGirlLost, we have stayed at CSR several times (last Sept being the most recent). We have nearly been ran over countless times by the carts speeding by but have never been offered a ride or help
When we stayed two years ago there was a sign somewhere mentioning that the carts were for convention guests. They sorta had a little bus stop set up so i figured they weren't for the regular vacationing people. Yes one night one came very close to us on the path - they were going quite fast.

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #2313
andieb0602
Mouseketeer

We rode on one of the carts but it was when we called bell services to help us with our bags on check out day. Maybe they can't carry you on the cart unless you call to request help? I agree that they do drive them really fast!

Our Anniversary trip is an excuse so we can book a bounceback!

Me, DH, DD(7) DS(4)
5/2012 - Our first ever, super-surprise trip to the World at CSR!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #2314
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

We arrive TODAY!!! (not excited or anything!) Have been watching the radar--not looking great for the weekend. We've encountered a few afternoon scattered showers on past trips. Our arrival day last year was an absolute downpour (so much for swimming our first evening ) Looks about the same for today. Hoping we can get some good weather this week.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #2315
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

If you have luggage and need a ride, all you have to do is call bell services and they will pick you up. That's what the elderly couple did. I use them all the time. And like the PP, I've had nice CM's offer a ride when they are empty.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #2316
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
We arrive TODAY!!! (not excited or anything!) Have been watching the radar--not looking great for the weekend. We've encountered a few afternoon scattered showers on past trips. Our arrival day last year was an absolute downpour (so much for swimming our first evening ) Looks about the same for today. Hoping we can get some good weather this week.
I am hoping for no rain and lots of sunshine. Have a magical time.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #2317
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Arriving one month from today!

We've probably stayed a dozen times at CSR and can't wait to go "home." we're traveling with friends that have stayed at CSR but never been to the parks (crazy, right?) so it should be a blast showing them around. Will be a quick trip- I'm kinda Disney-ed out from living in Orlando the last few years. Hoping to spend a lot of time by a quiet pool and maybe fireworks a night or two.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #2318
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the arcade has Donkey Kong and/or Ms. Pacman?? Need something to amuse DH while DB and I enjoy the pool on our rest day.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 06-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #2319
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
Arriving one month from today!

We've probably stayed a dozen times at CSR and can't wait to go "home." we're traveling with friends that have stayed at CSR but never been to the parks (crazy, right?) so it should be a blast showing them around. Will be a quick trip- I'm kinda Disney-ed out from living in Orlando the last few years. Hoping to spend a lot of time by a quiet pool and maybe fireworks a night or two.
We've missed you around here; glad you are going "home" (I can't wait to be there in December).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Does anyone know if the arcade has Donkey Kong and/or Ms. Pacman?? Need something to amuse DH while DB and I enjoy the pool on our rest day.
I haven't been to the arcade in years so I can't help. Hopefully, someone else will chime in who has been recently.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #2320
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

We are debating staying here or CBR. Going back to read all the information so I can hopefully make up my mind.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #2321
guillotmgmt
Earning My Ears

Csr king preferred question

Hi all! I have a question. My wife and I are going to CSR this week and have a King Preferred Room. Has anyone stayed in these rooms before? If so what is in the room and where is it located. We just paid the extra amount to move to this room and we want to know if it is worth it. Also if u have a picture that would be nice! Thanks !

Last edited by guillotmgmt; 06-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #2322
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

How much is the breakfast buffett at CSR?

Trying to decided if QS should be added back to our plan.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2323
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1962 View Post
Trying to decided if QS should be added back to our plan.
I seem to remember that the breakfast buffet was $14.95 plus tax and gratuity...we were on QSDP and the buffet is a good value...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #2324
KJay
DIS Veteran

I remember reading that a wheelchair lift was installed for the digsite pool. Does anyone happen to have a photo of where it was installed?

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2325
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillotmgmt View Post
Hi all! I have a question. My wife and I are going to CSR this week and have a King Preferred Room. Has anyone stayed in these rooms before? If so what is in the room and where is it located. We just paid the extra amount to move to this room and we want to know if it is worth it. Also if u have a picture that would be nice! Thanks !
A King preferred will be in either Casitas 1, 2 or 3. The rooms are the same as all the others, just a king bed rather than two queen beds, the desk with chair, etc.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: