Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #2296
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielynn724 View Post
69 days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_loo View Post
2 days!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #2297
andieb0602
Mouseketeer
 
andieb0602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 152

Hi all! I just wanted to drop in and give you all my impressions on CSR. We were there May 19-26 and we loved it!

For starters service from MCO via ME was super fast! By the time we were off our plane it was around 1:25 pm. We proceeded from our gate to the ME area of MCO. One hint – make sure you have your voucher booklet with you and easily accessible when you get there. They scanned our booklet both when we arrived at the ME kiosk and just before we got on the bus. The waiting area for the ME consists of a bunch of queues bunched according to your resorts. I’m guessing that CSR guests are used as “filler” for the rest of the buses since it’s so centrally located. We only waited in our line for about 1 minute until they asked us how many were in our party and ushered us to our almost full bus. I was in the check-in line at CSR at 2:35 pm!

They had put us in room 6147 – Ranchos 6A. I had wanted Cabanas but decided to just roll with whatever room assignment we were given. The room was actually really nice – first floor and a corner unit next to a hallway. The CM on check-in did make a big deal that it *was* close to the bus stop and the Dig Site. I’m an admitted Coke Zero addict and most mornings walked to El Centro to get my fix. The walk took me about 20 minutes total but was so pretty that I didn’t mind it. The first morning we were there I was able to spot three hot air balloons off in the distance over the Casitas buildings.

Bus service was pretty good. It did seem like we always “just missed” the bus because most of our waits were around the 15 minute mark. The worst, by far, was when we waited for 45 minutes to get a bus back to MK for dinner ADRs at Crystal Palace but I think that in part was because there were two scooters on the bus which take a little bit to load and unload. It seemed like the buses to and from MK were always full. We made a late start to HS one afternoon, though, and had the bus to ourselves!

I saw a couple of people mention before that the park buses pick up at stops 2, 3, 4 and then 1. Bus stop 1 is El Centro and was almost always the busiest. (Bus stop 3 was the closest to our room – maybe a 1 minute walk.) Both MK mornings when we were trying to get to rope drop the bus had to skip bus stop 1 because the bus was already at capacity. So my suggestion, especially to those going during busy times, would be to NOT use the bus stop at El Centro. (Unless you want a DTD bus – they pick up in numerical order.) That way you have a much better chance of getting on the bus.

I lost the safe key the first night we were there at DTD. When we told them at the front desk they made sure to send someone to the room quickly since we had ADRs we needed to make. I was charged $35 for losing it, though.

We loved the Dig Site! I’ll agree with other posters that you need to guard your food. I went to get DD a life vest while DH was in the pool with DS and left our just purchased nachos on the table. By the time I got back there was a crow on the table and it was eating the nachos! My only complaint about the life vests was that there were a ton for younger kids but my 5 year old (who is over 50 lbs) needed one to go down the slide and had to wait for one. So if you have a child that isn’t a strong swimmer you may want to bring something for them to use. That brings me to the slide – it is FANTASTIC! DH and DD started out on it and my DS, who turns 3 in a month and a half, started crying that he wanted to go on it too. (He had on his puddle jumper life vest.) He was allowed to go and had a blast! I didn’t want to miss out on the fun so I put on my goggles and did it too. We had a blast and some of our favorite memories are of all four of us going down the slide. Just a note – the lifeguards left at 9 pm and the slide closes when they leave.

We ate at Pepper Market for all 3 meals. Service was hit or miss. We ate breakfast there twice – our first server was so-so but the second was fabulous. Our lunch server was not that great – drinks frequently went without refills and service was VERY slow. We were trying to make our ME bus to the airport and DH had to hunt her down so we could pay our bill. Our service for dinner, though, was also fantastic. I think we had the same man whose name starts with an “A” that a PP mentioned and he was fantastic. VERY attentive and when he saw my and DH’s birthday buttons he brought out two slices of cake for us and made sure to tell us that we also could get dessert to take back to the room since we were on the dining plan. Overall, though, we were pleased with it and, if we have the DP next time, we’ll go back.

Panchito’s is a great gift shop. They had a ton of things and I honestly think DH and I could have avoided shopping for gifts at the parks and just bought everything there. I also like that they had a little table and chairs for the kids with the castle playset and a train for them to play with. I'm guessing they keep a wide variety of things in there since it's a convention resort so that resort attendees can get Disney things without hitting the parks.

Despite what my ticker says DH and I aren’t doing a cruise next year. We’ve decided to go back to WDW and most likely will stay at CSR. I’m thinking a preferred room in Casitas. We really did love it – it’s such a beautiful resort and really seems convenient to the parks.
__________________


Me, DH, DD(8) DS(5)
5/2012 - Our first ever, super-surprise trip to the World at CSR!
andieb0602 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #2298
MPHARJ
DIS Veteran
 
MPHARJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 937

Flying out later today, will be arriving at CSR around 1700!
MPHARJ is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #2299
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyFan1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
Flying out later today, will be arriving at CSR around 1700!
Hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to hear about your stay.....
GoofyFan1515 is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #2300
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by andieb0602 View Post
Hi all! I just wanted to drop in and give you all my impressions on CSR. We were there May 19-26 and we loved it!

For starters service from MCO via ME was super fast! By the time we were off our plane it was around 1:25 pm. We proceeded from our gate to the ME area of MCO. One hint – make sure you have your voucher booklet with you and easily accessible when you get there. They scanned our booklet both when we arrived at the ME kiosk and just before we got on the bus. The waiting area for the ME consists of a bunch of queues bunched according to your resorts. I’m guessing that CSR guests are used as “filler” for the rest of the buses since it’s so centrally located. We only waited in our line for about 1 minute until they asked us how many were in our party and ushered us to our almost full bus. I was in the check-in line at CSR at 2:35 pm!

They had put us in room 6147 – Ranchos 6A. I had wanted Cabanas but decided to just roll with whatever room assignment we were given. The room was actually really nice – first floor and a corner unit next to a hallway. The CM on check-in did make a big deal that it *was* close to the bus stop and the Dig Site. I’m an admitted Coke Zero addict and most mornings walked to El Centro to get my fix. The walk took me about 20 minutes total but was so pretty that I didn’t mind it. The first morning we were there I was able to spot three hot air balloons off in the distance over the Casitas buildings.

Bus service was pretty good. It did seem like we always “just missed” the bus because most of our waits were around the 15 minute mark. The worst, by far, was when we waited for 45 minutes to get a bus back to MK for dinner ADRs at Crystal Palace but I think that in part was because there were two scooters on the bus which take a little bit to load and unload. It seemed like the buses to and from MK were always full. We made a late start to HS one afternoon, though, and had the bus to ourselves!

I saw a couple of people mention before that the park buses pick up at stops 2, 3, 4 and then 1. Bus stop 1 is El Centro and was almost always the busiest. (Bus stop 3 was the closest to our room – maybe a 1 minute walk.) Both MK mornings when we were trying to get to rope drop the bus had to skip bus stop 1 because the bus was already at capacity. So my suggestion, especially to those going during busy times, would be to NOT use the bus stop at El Centro. (Unless you want a DTD bus – they pick up in numerical order.) That way you have a much better chance of getting on the bus.

I lost the safe key the first night we were there at DTD. When we told them at the front desk they made sure to send someone to the room quickly since we had ADRs we needed to make. I was charged $35 for losing it, though.

We loved the Dig Site! I’ll agree with other posters that you need to guard your food. I went to get DD a life vest while DH was in the pool with DS and left our just purchased nachos on the table. By the time I got back there was a crow on the table and it was eating the nachos! My only complaint about the life vests was that there were a ton for younger kids but my 5 year old (who is over 50 lbs) needed one to go down the slide and had to wait for one. So if you have a child that isn’t a strong swimmer you may want to bring something for them to use. That brings me to the slide – it is FANTASTIC! DH and DD started out on it and my DS, who turns 3 in a month and a half, started crying that he wanted to go on it too. (He had on his puddle jumper life vest.) He was allowed to go and had a blast! I didn’t want to miss out on the fun so I put on my goggles and did it too. We had a blast and some of our favorite memories are of all four of us going down the slide. Just a note – the lifeguards left at 9 pm and the slide closes when they leave.

We ate at Pepper Market for all 3 meals. Service was hit or miss. We ate breakfast there twice – our first server was so-so but the second was fabulous. Our lunch server was not that great – drinks frequently went without refills and service was VERY slow. We were trying to make our ME bus to the airport and DH had to hunt her down so we could pay our bill. Our service for dinner, though, was also fantastic. I think we had the same man whose name starts with an “A” that a PP mentioned and he was fantastic. VERY attentive and when he saw my and DH’s birthday buttons he brought out two slices of cake for us and made sure to tell us that we also could get dessert to take back to the room since we were on the dining plan. Overall, though, we were pleased with it and, if we have the DP next time, we’ll go back.

Panchito’s is a great gift shop. They had a ton of things and I honestly think DH and I could have avoided shopping for gifts at the parks and just bought everything there. I also like that they had a little table and chairs for the kids with the castle playset and a train for them to play with. I'm guessing they keep a wide variety of things in there since it's a convention resort so that resort attendees can get Disney things without hitting the parks.

Despite what my ticker says DH and I aren’t doing a cruise next year. We’ve decided to go back to WDW and most likely will stay at CSR. I’m thinking a preferred room in Casitas. We really did love it – it’s such a beautiful resort and really seems convenient to the parks.
Thanks for your review! Glad you had a great time!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #2301
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,818

Quote:
Originally Posted by andieb0602 View Post
We loved the Dig Site! I’ll agree with other posters that you need to guard your food. I went to get DD a life vest while DH was in the pool with DS and left our just purchased nachos on the table. By the time I got back there was a crow on the table and it was eating the nachos! My only complaint about the life vests was that there were a ton for younger kids but my 5 year old (who is over 50 lbs) needed one to go down the slide and had to wait for one. So if you have a child that isn’t a strong swimmer you may want to bring something for them to use. That brings me to the slide – it is FANTASTIC! DH and DD started out on it and my DS, who turns 3 in a month and a half, started crying that he wanted to go on it too. (He had on his puddle jumper life vest.) He was allowed to go and had a blast! I didn’t want to miss out on the fun so I put on my goggles and did it too. We had a blast and some of our favorite memories are of all four of us going down the slide. Just a note – the lifeguards left at 9 pm and the slide closes when they leave.

We ate at Pepper Market for all 3 meals. Service was hit or miss. We ate breakfast there twice – our first server was so-so but the second was fabulous. Our lunch server was not that great – drinks frequently went without refills and service was VERY slow. We were trying to make our ME bus to the airport and DH had to hunt her down so we could pay our bill. Our service for dinner, though, was also fantastic. I think we had the same man whose name starts with an “A” that a PP mentioned and he was fantastic. VERY attentive and when he saw my and DH’s birthday buttons he brought out two slices of cake for us and made sure to tell us that we also could get dessert to take back to the room since we were on the dining plan. Overall, though, we were pleased with it and, if we have the DP next time, we’ll go back.

Despite what my ticker says DH and I aren’t doing a cruise next year. We’ve decided to go back to WDW and most likely will stay at CSR. I’m thinking a preferred room in Casitas. We really did love it – it’s such a beautiful resort and really seems convenient to the parks.
Great review!

It must be those nachos!! They sure are good!!

Yes, that must be the same "A" server I mentioned. He is fantastic and really goes the extra mile! We had chicken, onions and peppers left for our fajita one night, but had used all the wraps. He went and got us a few more wraps to finish the fajitas!!

Congrats on the next trip!! Either way, cruise or CSR it's a winner!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
Flying out later today, will be arriving at CSR around 1700!
Have a great trip!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #2302
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
Flying out later today, will be arriving at CSR around 1700!
Have a magical trip.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2303
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

We were supposed to leave tomorrow, sick kids and husband
We delayed trip for a week

I so want to be drinking daquiris by the hot tub
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #2304
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
We were supposed to leave tomorrow, sick kids and husband
We delayed trip for a week

I so want to be drinking daquiris by the hot tub
Hope everyone is feeling better really soon.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #2305
aladams2
DIS Veteran
 
aladams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 511

Arrived at CSR earlier this afternoon. Very beautiful, except for the downpour that is happening. I wanted to walk the grounds, but decided to wait. We went to Blizzard Beach earlier today and had everything done w/in two hours due to clouds, and a heavy rain prior to opening. We had a great time. Heading to Epcot tomorrow and hoping the rain will stop or at least be light. I'll answer any ?'s about CSR if I can.
__________________
Dad
Mom
Hannah 10
Molly 8


2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
aladams2 is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #2306
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Thanks KatMark!

I hope so.... at least we were able to delay for one week.... So I need to be patient for a week more..... Easier said than done... Patience is not my strong area.. LOL
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #2307
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,621

Leaving soon to start our drive to Disney, but staying at Boardwalk this time. Kathy is back on the job keeping up with the thread while I am gone . Thanks, Kathy, for the help!

And to all the regulars and newbies, please chime in to answer questions as well!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #2308
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Leaving soon to start our drive to Disney, but staying at Boardwalk this time. Kathy is back on the job keeping up with the thread while I am gone . Thanks, Kathy, for the help!

And to all the regulars and newbies, please chime in to answer questions as well!
Have a magical trip, Mary.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #2309
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran
 
CityGirlLost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reading, PA area
Posts: 635

Stayed at CSR for the first time last weekend (May 31-June 3)and for the most part we had a magical stay-- we were there for the planning session for our November wedding!

We checked in around midnight and it went smoothly. I believe the CM who set us up was named Mike. He was friendly and cheerful and joked with me when I asked if we were at the far end of the resort. We weren't. We were in Casitas 5, on the 3rd floor, with a parking lot view. I have arthritis in my ankle from an old break and by the time we got to the hotel, after schlepping around the airports, I was tired and starting to swell up. I thought I'd read somewhere that CSR had an intra-resort bus/tram/golf cart system set up recently but since it was so late, I didn't think we'd have a chance to use it.

It was a five minute walk to our room carrying our bags. The room was nice, clean, with no smells or obvious wear to the fixtures or furniture. I was pleasantly surprised by the power strip on the desk that accomodated all of our various chargers. The linens were nicer than those at the value resorts and as Pooh-sized guests, we appreciated the comfortable queen sized beds.

The bus service to and from the parks was awesome. We waited 10 minutes at most. It was really nice that at both the Epcot and MK bus area, CSR is the first depot! We usually stay at Pop and it's the LAST. We were a quick 2 minute walk from bus stop 2. Just a launt across the parking lot to the elevators. I loved that the bus stops are covered and have seating.

The Dig Site was amazing. On Saturday night we got to watch UP while in the pool and I'm really disappointed with myself that I didn't check out the slide but while we were there, I didn't see any adults using it. The hot tub was amazing and sooo good on my sore feet and legs!

We ate at the Pepper Market for breakfast on Sunday, arriving just before they shut down for lunch. The service was so-so. None of the CMs seemed to be in a very good mood. The food was okay but I attribute that more to it being the end of the seating. What was there had been sitting for awhile and wasn't going to be refreshed.

I did notice that since we didn't have to go out to El Centro for the bus, we didn't use our refillable mugs at all. It just wasn't convenient.

The only dark spot on the trip occurred as we were leaving. By the end of the weekend, I'd gotten a giant blister on the ball of my foot from walking around in wet sandals (it rained ALL DAY on Friday) and my ankle was quite sore. As we were leaving to walk to El Centro, we saw a golf cart with three rows of seating. When the cast member returned to it, he had luggage from another guest and two elderly people climbed in. As we were struggling with our bags and limping along, my fiance asked if we could ride to the Centro with him.

He responded curtly, "No, I am only helping these people." and took off.

There were two additional, unused rows of seats and plenty of cargo space.

I thought he was quite rude.
__________________

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #2310
hoffman1
Mouseketeer
 
hoffman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgetown KY
Posts: 237

@CityGirlLost, we have stayed at CSR several times (last Sept being the most recent). We have nearly been ran over countless times by the carts speeding by but have never been offered a ride or help
hoffman1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: