Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #2251
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
Campfire was at 7pm and the movie started at 9pm.
I think it depends on the time of year. When we were there at Christmas I think the movie was starting at 5pm.
saskdw is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #2252
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I think it depends on the time of year. When we were there at Christmas I think the movie was starting at 5pm.
True. I'm sure they'd start earlier in the winter. I guess I wasn't thinking about that since Gibbygirl is leaving in one week.
Maggie'sMom is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #2253
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,968

Does anyone have a pic of a room with a rollaway or air bed in it? I'm thinking we will have plenty of room for a twin air bed but want to be sure. From the pics i've seen it looks like one could easily fit in front of the windows.
__________________
Jamie

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #2254
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!
 
cepmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,391

did online check in last week! Requested Casitas, but really it won't matter much to me where we end up. I don't want a crazy far walk to El Centro...I usually send DH to get our coffee in the morning but he's not going to be with us this trip! So coffee run is on me this time, but if we end up in Ranchos, I'll just deal with the walk. No big deal...it's only for a few nights anyway.

I'm so looking forward to arriving and checking out the resort! Our plane lands around 7:30 pm so I hope to have a little time to check things out that night after we check in. Can anyone comment on approximately how long it takes to get from MCO to Coronado via Magical Express? I figured about an hour travel time.
__________________
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #2255
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
Can anyone comment on approximately how long it takes to get from MCO to Coronado via Magical Express? I figured about an hour travel time.
Once the bus is moving its only 20-30 mins. We've had really good luck with ME. We've never had to wait more than 15 mins for the bus and CSR has always been the first stop. We have literally been at the resort 1 hour after landing, but that would be best case scenario.
saskdw is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #2256
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
Does anyone have a pic of a room with a rollaway or air bed in it? I'm thinking we will have plenty of room for a twin air bed but want to be sure. From the pics i've seen it looks like one could easily fit in front of the windows.
I don't have a picture, but you can definitely fit a twin air mattress by the window. We have used a twin mattress and a queen mattress at CSR (not at the same time). The twin fit easily, but the queen required sliding the dresser down a few inches, then sliding the desk all the way down against the dresser. The air mattress blocks the door for the most part, but we stood it up when we got ready to leave in the morning.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 06-04-2012 at 05:38 PM.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #2257
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
did online check in last week! Requested Casitas, but really it won't matter much to me where we end up. I don't want a crazy far walk to El Centro...I usually send DH to get our coffee in the morning but he's not going to be with us this trip! So coffee run is on me this time, but if we end up in Ranchos, I'll just deal with the walk. No big deal...it's only for a few nights anyway.

I'm so looking forward to arriving and checking out the resort! Our plane lands around 7:30 pm so I hope to have a little time to check things out that night after we check in. Can anyone comment on approximately how long it takes to get from MCO to Coronado via Magical Express? I figured about an hour travel time.
I'd say about 60-90 minutes, depending how long you have to wait for the bus to fill. Our one trip with ME took 75 minutes from the time we got off the plane to when we arrived at the resort.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #2258
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I don't have a picture, but you can definitely fit a twin air mattress by the window. We have used a twin mattress and a queen mattress at CSR (not at the same time). The twin fit easily, but the queen required sliding the dresser down a few inches, then sliding the desk all the way down against the dresser. The air mattress blocks the door for the most part, but we stood it up when we got ready to leave in the morning.
Thanks! The aero bed i'm looking at has a built in pump so we could easily air it up at night then deflate every morning.
__________________
Jamie

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #2259
Disney_Gram
Mouseketeer
 
Disney_Gram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 164

My daughter and her family just checked into CSR.. and was in the Ranchos... room was musty smelling and mildew. Was looking to switch to another resort but they moved them to the Cabanas.. which I think the room must be better she said they were staying. Hope the room is better, I would not pay to stay in a room that looked or smelled. Certainly not what one expects from Disney for the money you pay, or any where for that matter.
Disney_Gram is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #2260
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!
 
cepmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Once the bus is moving its only 20-30 mins. We've had really good luck with ME. We've never had to wait more than 15 mins for the bus and CSR has always been the first stop. We have literally been at the resort 1 hour after landing, but that would be best case scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I'd say about 60-90 minutes, depending how long you have to wait for the bus to fill. Our one trip with ME took 75 minutes from the time we got off the plane to when we arrived at the resort.
thanks!
__________________
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #2261
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Gram View Post
My daughter and her family just checked into CSR.. and was in the Ranchos... room was musty smelling and mildew. Was looking to switch to another resort but they moved them to the Cabanas.. which I think the room must be better she said they were staying. Hope the room is better, I would not pay to stay in a room that looked or smelled. Certainly not what one expects from Disney for the money you pay, or any where for that matter.
Glad she was switched. I hope her room in the Cabanas is good!
lovethattink is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #2262
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran
 
heyitsmejosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,078

i stayed here a couple weeks ago (may 18th-22nd) for the first time i must say it was a fun stay. anyway i checked in online and chose cabanas when i got there and was told we got picked to trying out their new lounge area. the lounge was pretty nice it was set up with tvs video games things like that, but the best perks were free breakfast in the mornings and beer wine and snacks in the afternoon, so it was a pretty sweet deal imo. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or had gotten it themselves?
heyitsmejosh is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #2263
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
i stayed here a couple weeks ago (may 18th-22nd) for the first time i must say it was a fun stay. anyway i checked in online and chose cabanas when i got there and was told we got picked to trying out their new lounge area. the lounge was pretty nice it was set up with tvs video games things like that, but the best perks were free breakfast in the mornings and beer wine and snacks in the afternoon, so it was a pretty sweet deal imo. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or had gotten it themselves?
There is mumblings that an announcement will be made some time in the near future about this. What it is will be anyone's guess.
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #2264
Disney_Gram
Mouseketeer
 
Disney_Gram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 164

After a 6 hr drive, being stressed out over the room was not what they wanted. I guess my SIL was disappointed in the check in, just not as friendly as WL or POFQ . I reminded them that was also a convention center as well, although this should never be a excuse for lack of good or excellant customer service,but after 40 mins trying to relocate and even with military disc. 1,000 more, they did move them to the Cabanas Bldg 9. I always say, First impressions are lasting ones. Hoping Disney Magic has begun for them in DTD.
Disney_Gram is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #2265
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Gram View Post
After a 6 hr drive, being stressed out over the room was not what they wanted. I guess my SIL was disappointed in the check in, just not as friendly as WL or POFQ . I reminded them that was also a convention center as well, although this should never be a excuse for lack of good or excellant customer service,but after 40 mins trying to relocate and even with military disc. 1,000 more, they did move them to the Cabanas Bldg 9. I always say, First impressions are lasting ones. Hoping Disney Magic has begun for them in DTD.
Unfortunately you can have an unfriendly CM at any resort (our worse experiences were at the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge--where the CM actually lied to my face--twice). But you are right, there is no excuse for rudeness or "an unfriendly attitude." I hope things get better for them soon.
KatMark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: