Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #2206
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!
Have a great trip! I did take a picture of the inside of the coffee maker, but I don't think I took one of the outside when we were there a couple weeks ago.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #2207
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
We arrive today too!!! DH has us rolling through Jacksonville now! We are so excited!

Hope you both have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
A coworker saw the picture of CSR on my pc desktop and said is that at Disney? I said yes, it's Coronado Springs. We are staying there in December. He said he stayed there a few years ago. I asked how it was and he said it was the best hotel he has ever stayed in. Period. I know things can change over time, but I thought that was a pretty good endorsement.

The PM buffet prices include a drink, right? Trying to decide on DDP or not and cant decide if we would buy the refillable mugs OOP anyway.
Yes, the buffet includes a drink.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #2208
milleali
Mouseketeer
 
milleali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 227

Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
__________________
MEDH DS(11) DSD(5)
milleali is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #2209
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,983

We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!
__________________
Jamie

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #2210
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52

At CSR now

We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
Stlhawkeye is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #2211
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
Congrats on requests met! Sweet on the upgrade!! Enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
Great location! Enjoy your stay.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #2212
NewfieMom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 419

We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.
__________________
Halloween On The High Seas October 25, 2008!

- I've been boo'ed!!
NewfieMom is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #2213
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
LOVE Cabanas 8A; have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!
The pool is one of the best features -- it's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
So glad to hear you are loving CSR. Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post
We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.
We've never stayed in the Ranchos (it's the only section we've not stayed in during our nine stays), but I have walked it a number of times. My estimate (and I'm 54 years old) is that it is about a 12 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I hope you love it half as much as we do.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #2214
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
Cabana 8A is our favorite spot! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!
We love the cabanas, and our kids love the pool and slide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
Have a great time! Glad it has started off well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post
We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.
Welcome to the CSR thread! I'd estimate 10-15 minutes depending on your walking speed and which ranchos building you are coming from.

The coffee makers are Cuisinarts. I think someone posted that they are not the same as k cups. I think they are soft pods. I don't drink coffee, so I know I am not much help.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I hope you love it half as much as we do.
So happy to see you posting on this thread again lately! Feel free to take over any time!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #2215
cecilia
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 97

what room do you get if you want to be near the parking lot or food court ?
cecilia is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #2216
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
So happy to see you posting on this thread again lately! Feel free to take over any time!
You are doing a great job!

I'm back to visit though.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #2217
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly
 
creativeamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398

In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

It's been raining most of the day. I'm watching the rain hit in the water.

Oh, yeah. it looks as if we were upgraded to waterview.
__________________
Disney Trips: Jan 2007 (POP); Oct 2008 (POR); June 2009 (POR); Dec 2009 (POFQ); June 2010 (POR);
June 2011 (POR/BC); June 2012 (POP/CSR); Feb 2013 (CSR/BWV); Jan 2014 (POP); Dec 2014 (POP)

creativeamanda is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #2218
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

It's been raining most of the day. I'm watching the rain hit in the water.

Oh, yeah. it looks as if we were upgraded to waterview.
about the rain, but that you love the resort.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #2219
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

It's been raining most of the day. I'm watching the rain hit in the water.

Oh, yeah. it looks as if we were upgraded to waterview.
8A is our favorite spot. Enjoy your stay!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #2220
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
what room do you get if you want to be near the parking lot or food court ?
The food court is closest to casita 1 (preferred) and cabana 9B (not preferred). Preferred rooms are casitas 1, 2 and 3 and will keep you close to the food court.

The parking lot extends around the perimeter of the resort, so all rooms are reasonably close to parking.

This map may help:

StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: