Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #2206
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!
Have a great trip! I did take a picture of the inside of the coffee maker, but I don't think I took one of the outside when we were there a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #2207
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
I'm on my way out the door! Mission this week: to finally get a picture of the coffee maker in the room for the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milleali View Post
We arrive today too!!! DH has us rolling through Jacksonville now! We are so excited!

Hope you both have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
A coworker saw the picture of CSR on my pc desktop and said is that at Disney? I said yes, it's Coronado Springs. We are staying there in December. He said he stayed there a few years ago. I asked how it was and he said it was the best hotel he has ever stayed in. Period. I know things can change over time, but I thought that was a pretty good endorsement.

The PM buffet prices include a drink, right? Trying to decide on DDP or not and cant decide if we would buy the refillable mugs OOP anyway.
Yes, the buffet includes a drink.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #2208
milleali
Mouseketeer

Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #2209
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #2210
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears

At CSR now

We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #2211
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just checked in!!

We did online check-in at 10 days out and all our requests were met!! Cabanas 8A and were upgraded to a water view!! Now off to Magic Kingdom to ride Snow Whites Scarey Aventures for the last time!
Congrats on requests met! Sweet on the upgrade!! Enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
We are currently at CSR now. We have always stayed at POR and this is our first stay here. I have to admit that we love it already. We are staying in 7B in the Ranchos and are near the quiet pool and bus stop, both are nice and convenient. Looking forward to the rest of our stay here.
Great location! Enjoy your stay.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #2212
NewfieMom
Mouseketeer

We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.

- I've been boo'ed!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #2213
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just checked in!!

LOVE Cabanas 8A; have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
We are now booked for our first stay at CSR! We arrive the day after Thanksgiving for 8 nights. I put on my reservation a request for cabanas, hoping we get that area The kids are looking forward to the pool the most, and that slide!
The pool is one of the best features -- it's awesome.

Quote:
So glad to hear you are loving CSR. Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post
We're booked to stay at CSR for the first time in Setember. (I've stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies and Sports, CBR, and AKL before). I have been lurking here for ages, but finally wanted to say hello and ask a few questions.

1. How long does it take to walk from Ranchos to the main building/PM? Everyone's idea of a "long" walk is different, so was just wondering the time? (We'll be walking with 15 and 13 year old boys). We haven't put in a request and might just see what happens.

2. Are the coffee pods the Kuerig/k-cup types? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thanks for all the information and photos posted - it reallly helped convince my DH to try this resort. It's always "called my name" and I'm really looking forward to our stay.
We've never stayed in the Ranchos (it's the only section we've not stayed in during our nine stays), but I have walked it a number of times. My estimate (and I'm 54 years old) is that it is about a 12 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I hope you love it half as much as we do.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #2214
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Just checked in!!

Cabana 8A is our favorite spot! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
We love the cabanas, and our kids love the pool and slide!

Quote:
Have a great time! Glad it has started off well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMom View Post

Welcome to the CSR thread! I'd estimate 10-15 minutes depending on your walking speed and which ranchos building you are coming from.

The coffee makers are Cuisinarts. I think someone posted that they are not the same as k cups. I think they are soft pods. I don't drink coffee, so I know I am not much help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I hope you love it half as much as we do.
So happy to see you posting on this thread again lately! Feel free to take over any time!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #2215
cecilia
Mouseketeer

what room do you get if you want to be near the parking lot or food court ?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #2216
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
So happy to see you posting on this thread again lately! Feel free to take over any time!
You are doing a great job!

I'm back to visit though.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #2217
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

It's been raining most of the day. I'm watching the rain hit in the water.

Oh, yeah. it looks as if we were upgraded to waterview.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #2218
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In our room at CSR. We were put in Cabanas building 8A--we are close to everything. I love this room, resort, everything.

about the rain, but that you love the resort.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #2219
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:

8A is our favorite spot. Enjoy your stay!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #2220
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
what room do you get if you want to be near the parking lot or food court ?
The food court is closest to casita 1 (preferred) and cabana 9B (not preferred). Preferred rooms are casitas 1, 2 and 3 and will keep you close to the food court.

The parking lot extends around the perimeter of the resort, so all rooms are reasonably close to parking.

This map may help:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: