Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #2176
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

Just got back Saturday! We loved CSR! Here are a few points of our stay..good and bad.

We got connecting rooms and ground floor we requested! We were in Ranchos and a bit scared at first but ended up loving it there. It was a bit of a walk but nothing too bad and it's really not that far from the Dig Site, which we used several times and LOVED it. It's one of my favorite pools by far!

Our room wasn't the cleanest and they never would leave toliet paper even when we were clearly low. The floors always seemed a bit dirty. It did get better toward the end of the week though.

Pepper Market staff was rude and not worth the tip they wanted. The food was good and we loved the lunch buffet though. Cafe Rix was awesome...still dreaming about the pecan roll.

Beds super comfortable! Overall we loved the room and the resort and would stay there again. The buses were regular too.

Can't wait for our next Disney trip!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #2177
Robundrh2o
Mouseketeer

We saw kids with Beach Balls in the pool but didn't really notice any noodle or other toys. While I didn't mention it in my prev post. i too found the servers at Peppers slightly on the rude side (at least by Disney standards) we were there this past sunday night. I guess they figure they are getting their 10% either way.
As far as locations we were in building 6B on the back side so it was very quiet. We were about a leisurely 10 minute walk to the Dig Site with dd10, dd7 and dd2 and about 20 minute walk to El Centro. While the resort is huge it didn't seem that big. Having the Bus Stop right outside the 7A/7B building was nice on the return trips. I'd have to say it was closer to get dropped off at Stop 3 than having to get dropped off at one of the Value halls and schleping across the resort to your room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #2178
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

We returned yesterday from a weekend stay at Coronado Springs.

We were in connecting rooms, ground floor, in Ranchos, right around the corner from the quiet pool. We were in 7B and although I was dreading the walk with my physical struggles lately, it ended up being no problem. I just packed what I needed for the day in a beach bag and made the Dig Site my home base. Walked to El Centro for meals and then spent the rest of the days at the Dig Site before heading back to the room at night.

As far as the rooms themselves, we were not impressed. When we first walked in they smelled like cheap hotel rooms - musty & dirty - and they were rather dark and gloomy... not at all what I've come to expect from Disney resorts. We had a roll in shower with a shower seat that had mildew spots all over it, a door frame near that was rusted in several places near the floor, and a light switch/vent control that was falling apart. The linens and towels seemed to be bright & fresh... appeared that maybe they added a bit of newness rather than rehabbing the entire room? The outside of the buildings looked like they needed some attention too... we saw many places where paint was peeling.

We were on the QSDP and had one dinner, one lunch, and two breakfasts at Pepper Market. We were not at all impressed with dinner - DS & I had the ribs which were dry and lacked flavor, DD has the quesadillas which were extremely bland - pretty much shredded chicken and cheese with no seasoning, and DH had the nachos which were cold - the buffet lunch was a bit better - we all loved the panini and the mexican dishes at lunch were actually seasoned - and we all loved everything on the breakfast buffet.

We had one meal at Siestas Cantina - buffalo wings, which were great, but they don't come with fries or chips, the only bottled beverage choices were apple or orange juice, and the only things they were offering for dessert were a fruit cup or chips (?!) - no ice cream or even cookies.

And we had one meal at Cafe Rix which we were all impressed with - DH had a club sandwich, DS had a Cuban, DD had pizza and I had a meatball sandwich - all were great and we had so many dessert choices we all got something different so we could share & try all! We were allowed to choose from many different bottled beverages to go in addition to filling our mug.

While the staff at Cafe Rix were great and we only had one issue with the staff at Siestas (forgot to put in my order so I waited a good 15 minutes) we found the majority of the PM wait staff to be rude and less than helpful. At dinner, on the dining plan, we were told that our mugs could be refilled as much as we liked but the only beverage we could take with us was bottled water. (Cafe Rix is right next door with many bottled beverages... why couldn't we be given the same choices as there?)

One morning I was standing beside the "Order" sign at the left side of the grill waiting to order while the cook finished up omelets for two other folks standing in front of her. Another man walked up to the right of the folks getting their omelets and the cook asked him what he'd like as she handed the first guests their omelets! I said "Excuse me, I've been standing here waiting" to which she rudely replied "The line forms here" pointing to the man standing in front of her. I then pointed to the sign and said "This sign says 'Order' and you saw me here and didn't say anything?" She turned back to the man and again asked what he'd like and he refused to order, telling her I was there first. I was shocked and I think he was as well!

Also, they all seem to like to circle and draw an arrow pointing to the line on the receipt saying tips are not included. We found this to be extremely rude, especially when it was done by wait staff who brought us drinks once and never returned!

We loved the Dig Site and were happy to spend two full days there. We found a solution to the no umbrellas issue - we pulled two loungers over to a table and used the shade from the table umbrella to shade our loungers. Throughout the day we had to adjust them... first both on one side, then one on each, then both on the other... but it worked and gave us shady loungers all day.

All in all, although we had an overall relaxing stay, the end vote is that we will not go back. We've stayed at Values, Moderates, and Deluxes and been happy with all of them except this one - it just didn't live up to the Disney standards we are all used to.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #2179
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiqChic99 View Post
Just got back Saturday! We loved CSR! Here are a few points of our stay..good and bad.

We got connecting rooms and ground floor we requested! We were in Ranchos and a bit scared at first but ended up loving it there. It was a bit of a walk but nothing too bad and it's really not that far from the Dig Site, which we used several times and LOVED it. It's one of my favorite pools by far!

Our room wasn't the cleanest and they never would leave toliet paper even when we were clearly low. The floors always seemed a bit dirty. It did get better toward the end of the week though.

Pepper Market staff was rude and not worth the tip they wanted. The food was good and we loved the lunch buffet though. Cafe Rix was awesome...still dreaming about the pecan roll.

Beds super comfortable! Overall we loved the room and the resort and would stay there again. The buses were regular too.

Can't wait for our next Disney trip!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
We returned yesterday from a weekend stay at Coronado Springs.

We were in connecting rooms, ground floor, in Ranchos, right around the corner from the quiet pool. We were in 7B and although I was dreading the walk with my physical struggles lately, it ended up being no problem. I just packed what I needed for the day in a beach bag and made the Dig Site my home base. Walked to El Centro for meals and then spent the rest of the days at the Dig Site before heading back to the room at night.

As far as the rooms themselves, we were not impressed. When we first walked in they smelled like cheap hotel rooms - musty & dirty - and they were rather dark and gloomy... not at all what I've come to expect from Disney resorts. We had a roll in shower with a shower seat that had mildew spots all over it, a door frame near that was rusted in several places near the floor, and a light switch/vent control that was falling apart. The linens and towels seemed to be bright & fresh... appeared that maybe they added a bit of newness rather than rehabbing the entire room? The outside of the buildings looked like they needed some attention too... we saw many places where paint was peeling.

We were on the QSDP and had one dinner, one lunch, and two breakfasts at Pepper Market. We were not at all impressed with dinner - DS & I had the ribs which were dry and lacked flavor, DD has the quesadillas which were extremely bland - pretty much shredded chicken and cheese with no seasoning, and DH had the nachos which were cold - the buffet lunch was a bit better - we all loved the panini and the mexican dishes at lunch were actually seasoned - and we all loved everything on the breakfast buffet.

We had one meal at Siestas Cantina - buffalo wings, which were great, but they don't come with fries or chips, the only bottled beverage choices were apple or orange juice, and the only things they were offering for dessert were a fruit cup or chips (?!) - no ice cream or even cookies.

And we had one meal at Cafe Rix which we were all impressed with - DH had a club sandwich, DS had a Cuban, DD had pizza and I had a meatball sandwich - all were great and we had so many dessert choices we all got something different so we could share & try all! We were allowed to choose from many different bottled beverages to go in addition to filling our mug.

While the staff at Cafe Rix were great and we only had one issue with the staff at Siestas (forgot to put in my order so I waited a good 15 minutes) we found the majority of the PM wait staff to be rude and less than helpful. At dinner, on the dining plan, we were told that our mugs could be refilled as much as we liked but the only beverage we could take with us was bottled water. (Cafe Rix is right next door with many bottled beverages... why couldn't we be given the same choices as there?)

One morning I was standing beside the "Order" sign at the left side of the grill waiting to order while the cook finished up omelets for two other folks standing in front of her. Another man walked up to the right of the folks getting their omelets and the cook asked him what he'd like as she handed the first guests their omelets! I said "Excuse me, I've been standing here waiting" to which she rudely replied "The line forms here" pointing to the man standing in front of her. I then pointed to the sign and said "This sign says 'Order' and you saw me here and didn't say anything?" She turned back to the man and again asked what he'd like and he refused to order, telling her I was there first. I was shocked and I think he was as well!

Also, they all seem to like to circle and draw an arrow pointing to the line on the receipt saying tips are not included. We found this to be extremely rude, especially when it was done by wait staff who brought us drinks once and never returned!

We loved the Dig Site and were happy to spend two full days there. We found a solution to the no umbrellas issue - we pulled two loungers over to a table and used the shade from the table umbrella to shade our loungers. Throughout the day we had to adjust them... first both on one side, then one on each, then both on the other... but it worked and gave us shady loungers all day.

All in all, although we had an overall relaxing stay, the end vote is that we will not go back. We've stayed at Values, Moderates, and Deluxes and been happy with all of them except this one - it just didn't live up to the Disney standards we are all used to.
Thanks to both of you for your reviews. There was another report recently about dirty rooms in Ranchos. I know housekeeping is hit or miss at all resorts, but it is frustrating to read about dirty rooms. Rooms should be clean in all categories of resorts.

While I have never found the PM employees to be rude (and we have actually had some wonderful servers at PM), I also don't find most of them to be particularly cheerful, particularly the ones in food prep. I would have been pretty annoyed with the omelet lady!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #2180
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We eat at the Pepper Market frequently. I think many of them recognize us, so maybe that's why we always find everyone so friendly. I was talking to one of the chefs one evening on our May stay. She was telling me that most of the chefs are from Mexico and are in culinary school and this is part of their schooling.

When we ate lunch at the PM yesterday, I was standing at the side to get guacamole. I waited a little, but the chef didn't take notice. So I said excuse me loud enough that she couldn't miss me standing there. That station is by far the busiest and most demanding. I wanted to make sure she saw me before she ran off to the back to get more food. I also asked her what was in the burrito thing with the green sauce and if it was spicy. She said it wasn't spicy, but to me it was. It was actually quite good! I prefer that and the chicken enchilada to the chicken quesadilla I use to always eat there!

I have found Wivy to be the most attentive server, she works the lunch shift. I have never had to ask for a refill as she has continued to keep them coming, same with used plates. David is another attentive server. At night there is a server we love but his name escapes me. He is very attentive but only works nights and weekends. His name starts with an A. He lives in Kissemmee, but his name tag says a middle east country. Hermalinda is also a good night time server.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #2181
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
Just wondering what was acceptable to bring in terms of pool toys for the kids.I didn't want to pack some of their swimming toys if we wouldn't be able to use them. Are they allowed any inflatables?

We leave for CSR in two days!!!!!!
While I have never swam at the Dig Site, I can tell you at other Disney resort pools, they did not allow us to have snorkels at the main pool that has lifeguards. We did take balls to throw and dive sticks and even small toy boats in both the main and the non-lifeguard pools. We have never tried to take a noodle or larger inflatable in a Disney pool so I can't comment on that.

Thanks to all who are posting reviews, I like to read all the pros and cons.

Funny but I've never found housekeeping at Disney to be all that great so it doesn't put me off when a resort gets comments about it (unless it is atrocious).

As for Pepper Market, we won't be eating there at all and after the comments, I'm glad. If we were on the dining plan, I'd consider it since it sounds like a good use of a counter service credit but we aren't.

I'm glad to hear the good reviews on Cafe Rix as that will be a place we will go a couple times while we are there.

Thanks again everyone for your help in planning!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #2182
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

A few more questions

Someone posted this question a few weeks ago but didnt see a response.

Can you buy cases of water or soda in the Panchitos store? We really don't have to get a lot of stuff (water, soda, Gatorade, milk and cereal) so I don't know if using Garden Grocer is really worth it for us. I don't want to order stuff I don't need just to make the min $40 order plus $14 for delivery $12 + $2 gas surcharge)

Thanks!!

I had the same question. I was also planning on shipping a box down but then read they will actually charge you because it's a convention resort even if you arent staying there for a convention. Has this actually happened to anyone?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #2183
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Someone posted this question a few weeks ago but didnt see a response.

Can you buy cases of water or soda in the Panchitos store? We really don't have to get a lot of stuff (water, soda, Gatorade, milk and cereal) so I don't know if using Garden Grocer is really worth it for us. I don't want to order stuff I don't need just to make the min $40 order plus $14 for delivery $12 + $2 gas surcharge)

Thanks!!

I had the same question. I was also planning on shipping a box down but then read they will actually charge you because it's a convention resort even if you arent staying there for a convention. Has this actually happened to anyone?

(Edited with correct info from lovethattink and Buzz:

Panchitos does sell cases of water. They are $16
.)

There is a Hess station within walking distance of Boardwalk that sells cases of water, but it wouldn't be easy to get back to CSR with it using Disney transportation (I'm not sure how much a cab would cost).

I haven't shipped anything to CSR, but my understanding is that packages shipped Fedex or UPS go to the business center, and there is a charge. As far as I know, packages shipped USPS do not incur a charge. I think someone posted a long time ago that they were charged a $10 fee for a case of water.

Does anyone have a recent experience with shipping to CSR?

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 05-30-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: correct info about cases of water
Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #2184
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I don't think Panchito's sells water by the case. There is a Hess station within walking distance of Boardwalk that sells cases of water, but it wouldn't be easy to get back to CSR with it using Disney transportation (I'm not sure how much a cab would cost).

I haven't shipped anything to CSR, but my understanding is that packages shipped Fedex or UPS go to the business center, and there is a charge. As far as I know, packages shipped USPS do not incur a charge. I think someone posted a long time ago that they were charged a $10 fee for a case of water.

Does anyone have a recent experience with shipping to CSR?
Panchitos does sell water by the case, but it's very expensive.

Sorry, I don't have any experiences with shipping to CSR.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #2185
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to add my experiences regarding servers at the Pepper Market. Last fall
dh and I had a young fellow who basically ignored us after bringing our drinks, and he
got NO additional tip. Recently though, my friend and I got Mavelis for our breakfast
server, and she was very attentive and friendly. Our lunch server was Analia, and she
was an absolute delight! She took such good care of us, and wanted us to return and
ask for "the little one from Argentina". She and Mavelis got very good tips!
I'm hoping they will both still be there when I return in September.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2186
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Panchitos does sell water by the case, but it's very expensive.
Thanks to lovethattink for the correction.

And thanks to Buzz for knowing that cases of water at Panchitos are $16.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 05-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #2187
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Which building and view should I request if I want to be in the Casitas overlooking a fountain, with a King bed room?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #2188
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Question about doing on line check in...this is our 3rd trip to WDW but our first stay at CSR. I haven't done the on line check in before because we always stay somewhere different and like to get all the info at check in. Our request for room type & location is noted on our reservation. I know there are different theories as to whether doing on line check in ahead of time makes a difference or not as to meeting your requests and having the room ready upon arrival. We arrive at MCO at 3:00 so the room should be ready either way. I'm sure we could find our way around if we simply grab our packet and go but wondering if I should do the on line check in or wait. I always read the excitement in others posts when they've done the advance check in. Wondering if I should give it a try? btw--we're 11 days out!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #2189
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Question about doing on line check in...this is our 3rd trip to WDW but our first stay at CSR. I haven't done the on line check in before because we always stay somewhere different and like to get all the info at check in. Our request for room type & location is noted on our reservation. I know there are different theories as to whether doing on line check in ahead of time makes a difference or not as to meeting your requests and having the room ready upon arrival. We arrive at MCO at 3:00 so the room should be ready either way. I'm sure we could find our way around if we simply grab our packet and go but wondering if I should do the on line check in or wait. I always read the excitement in others posts when they've done the advance check in. Wondering if I should give it a try? btw--we're 11 days out!
I am a fan of the online check in. I've been doing online check in since it started. Either way you choose, when you get your packet and room assignment they will give you a map that shows where you are at El Centro and which way to head for your room.

The tricky part comes when you get to your building. There have been some rooms we've been assigned to where we walked all around the building to get to our room because signage says to go one way when a different way would have been quicker.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #2190
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Which building and view should I request if I want to be in the Casitas overlooking a fountain, with a King bed room?
Have you already booked? Most of the fountains are near the preferred buildings (casitas 1, 2 and 3), so you would book a waterview, preferred king room with a request for a fountain view.

If you booked a standard king waterview, casita 5 also has a fountain.

Waterview and king are both booking categories. Waterview can be lake, quiet pool or fountain at CSR, so you can request a fountain view, but you can't book a fountain view.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: