Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #2161
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Gosh, if I don't get sleep soon, I'm going to be in for it.

I drive out in 3 days for 8 hours by myself (dd13 is riding shotgun). Those hammocks at CSR are sounding really good right now.

Only problem is, I'm so excited, I just toss and turn when I lay down!

Old 05-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #2162
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
A couple of other options that give you two bathrooms and sleep five are one bedrooms at Bay Lake Tower or AKL-Kidani, but rack rate is over $500 per night. We will have five on our trip next month and wanted two bathrooms - we ended up renting points for a 2BR at BWV for less than the junior suite at CSR. But you have much less flexibility renting points than booking through Disney.

The All Star Family Suites also give you two bathrooms and would be a little less than Art of Animation, but AoA looks like it will have the better pool.
Yes the pool at Finding Nemo looks great. I would request that section. If we go down to a value I prefer NEW!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #2163
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

A little update

We ate at Cafe Rix tonight-
cuban sandwich was good, pizza was undercooked and watery.

used bus service to MK and AK, it was good, longest wait was approx 20 min leaving AK around 3pm
I prefer driving though.

Had drinks at Laguna bar, very nice location. Mousekeeping good, room in good shape.

Having a great time!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #2164
aladams2
DIS Veteran

So pumped. We recieved an email today for early check -in. Which means .. . . 10 more days!!! It seems so far away still. Maybe this weekend when I actually start to pack it will seem real. Looking for our first time stay at CSR and moderate.
Molly 8

2012 Coronado Springs
2008 Pop Century
1997 All Star Sports
1992 Off-Property
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #2165
smidgy
dimples

just wanted to correct something. I do beleive a pizza is 2 CS credits, NOT 2 TS credits.\ even though disney pizza is on the low end of pizzas, hubby and I thought it wasn't a bad use of 2 credits, (I think we were at POFQ? maybe) since we put all the leftovers in our fridge to munch on.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:15 AM   #2166
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
just wanted to correct something. I do beleive a pizza is 2 CS credits, NOT 2 TS credits.\ even though disney pizza is on the low end of pizzas, hubby and I thought it wasn't a bad use of 2 credits, (I think we were at POFQ? maybe) since we put all the leftovers in our fridge to munch on.
The Disney Dining brochure says that pizza delivery is 2 Table service credits. It also does not list CSR as a location where you can redeem credits for delivery.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #2167
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

yes, you can have pizza delivery at CSR. It requires 2 QSR entitlements for a 14in pizza. The menu states a $3 delivery charg, 6.5% tax and 18% gratuity will be added.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #2168
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
We ate at Cafe Rix tonight-
cuban sandwich was good, pizza was undercooked and watery.

used bus service to MK and AK, it was good, longest wait was approx 20 min leaving AK around 3pm
I prefer driving though.

Had drinks at Laguna bar, very nice location. Mousekeeping good, room in good shape.

Having a great time!
Yes, the cuban and the steak and blue cheese are awesome
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #2169
Robundrh2o
Mouseketeer

Just got back from a quick trip to DW, stayed at Pop on Sat night and then CSR on Sunday night. I am officially spoiled. This was only the second moderate we have tried and everybody LOVED it. The kids loved 'The Dig Site', DW and I loved the queen bed and extra room. The southwest / spanish / mexican theming around the entire resort was gorgeous. We had already booked our adult only trip in July here and this gave us a sneak preview and we were not disappointed. While I am not saying we will never stay at a value again, after visiting CSR it makes it's going to make it harder to justify the small difference in price. The one negative I did have was the 'Peppers Food Court'. We were not a big fan of the food options or having to wait until you leave to pay. There was a long wait as they only had one register open. But we did like Cafe Rix, and in July I think we'll try the Maya Grill.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #2170
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears

Question Dig Site Swimming Pool

Just wondering what was acceptable to bring in terms of pool toys for the kids.I didn't want to pack some of their swimming toys if we wouldn't be able to use them. Are they allowed any inflatables?

We leave for CSR in two days!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #2171
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

location, location, location

So I am one of those people that likes to try and plan everything out. I am getting slightly overwhelmed with the size of the resort. This will be our first stay at this resort and the first trip for my two kiddies age 5 and 3.5. What are your suggestions for the best location? We did not pay for a perferred room and we are staying between 9/29-10/4.
Is it better to try and get closer to the dig site, buses or main buliding? I stress out when I really stop and think about it. Did we make a bad choice picking somewhere so large? I can't imagine having to walk tired children 15-20 min. just to get a quick breakfast or to catch a bus. I would love any suggestions. Also what is the likely hood of actually getting a room where you request? Are the odds 50/50 or much less??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #2172
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post
Just wondering what was acceptable to bring in terms of pool toys for the kids.I didn't want to pack some of their swimming toys if we wouldn't be able to use them. Are they allowed any inflatables?

We leave for CSR in two days!!!!!!
We were told we could not have a pool noodle in the Dig Site pool. Swim vests and arm floaties were allowed. We also weren't allowed to use those things you throw that sink and you pick them up. At the quiet pools I've seen pool noodles and retrieve toys. Never seen any rafts or lounge type inflatables.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #2173
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
We were told we could not have a pool noodle in the Dig Site pool. Swim vests and arm floaties were allowed. We also weren't allowed to use those things you throw that sink and you pick them up. At the quiet pools I've seen pool noodles and retrieve toys. Never seen any rafts or lounge type inflatables.
Thanks for the quick response! That helps with packing!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #2174
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
So I am one of those people that likes to try and plan everything out. I am getting slightly overwhelmed with the size of the resort. This will be our first stay at this resort and the first trip for my two kiddies age 5 and 3.5. What are your suggestions for the best location? We did not pay for a perferred room and we are staying between 9/29-10/4.
Is it better to try and get closer to the dig site, buses or main buliding? I stress out when I really stop and think about it. Did we make a bad choice picking somewhere so large? I can't imagine having to walk tired children 15-20 min. just to get a quick breakfast or to catch a bus. I would love any suggestions. Also what is the likely hood of actually getting a room where you request? Are the odds 50/50 or much less??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
In the past year and a half we have stayed at CSR 4 times. Each time I put in a request for a particular area. 3 of the 4 times we got the area we requested. The funny part is the time we didn't get our request, I had asked for either the cabanas, the casitas or building 7B, we ended up in 7A.

What area would work best for you depends on what your priorities are. Which is the most important to you? Will you have a stroller with you?

We have a car, so the bus stop is not a priority for us at all. The Dig Site is our priority, roasting marshmellows is now highlight of our 8 year old's resort experience. We don't miss it.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with picking CSR. It's by far our favorite. There are so many benches and hammocks along the way to stop and rest. Or if your in the Casitas there are also the fountains to stop and admire.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #2175
Disney Sheri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
I remember carrying our kiddos back to the room after a day at the parks! I would take a look at the map and pick something close to the dig-site and close to a bus stop. This website helped me: **************************************

Also, when my girls were that age, I would go get breakfast and bring it back to the room. They would eat while we got ready since it didn't take them long to get ready. Have fun planning and an even more fun on your vacation!

Sheri
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: