Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #2131
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Loved CSR!!!

Just now getting the chance to post. We stayed at CSR from May 12th - 16th.

I loved the resort - at least the part I got to see

I booked a preferred room. When I checked in I asked if my room was ready. The CM said no but he would check to find a room that was ready.

I was so happy to be put into Casitas #2 in a room on the first floor!! The room was beautiful.

I have been having issues with my arthritis lately so walking can be difficult. So since I had a rental car, we drove to and from the bus stop (which wasn't very far from our room) everyday.

The next time I return to WDW, I would love to stay at CSR again. Hopefully I will get to see the pool.
1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR & MNSSHP - Homebased Travel Agent Forum, 12/2014 - All Star Sports & MVMCP

Angela

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
Old 05-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #2132
MaddieC
Earning My Ears

Hello all,
Just wondering if Disney does any magical suprises for graduations (particularly 8th grade)
Also, are towel animals, and magic moments like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom
CM at checkin was super friendly and really talkative with DD, who is a super-extrovert. He told her he had a surprise for her and disappeared for a few minutes. When he reappeared, he had a balloon and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie for her. What a nice way to start the trip with a little bit of pixie dust!
common at CSR?
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #2133
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Dh bought group tickets/convention attendee. They only good for
the person whose name is on them, for a limited time frame, and of
course non-refundable. We also purchased 2 special event tickets
through the convention (dessert party at Epcot) and those are non-
refundable as well. Good thing I have an AP so we aren't out park
tickets for me.
That sucks.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #2134
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Since the Ranchos don't seem to be desirable, I have a question for those of you who have stayed at both Port Orleans-Riverside and Coronado Springs: How do you compare the distance of traveling with CSR in Ranchos to the very back of POR in Alligator Bayou?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #2135
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

I stayed in Ab 38 (?), next to a quiet pool, and the walk was further than the ranchos. Rancho 7b is a great spot.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #2136
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Since the Ranchos don't seem to be desirable, I have a question for those of you who have stayed at both Port Orleans-Riverside and Coronado Springs: How do you compare the distance of traveling with CSR in Ranchos to the very back of POR in Alligator Bayou?
I never measured distances, but the walk at CSR seems shorter to me because of the central lake. I like that panoramic view of the resort.

Also, unlike at POR, the park buses always stop in the same order at CSR. You can hop on any park bus to get to El Centro.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #2137
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin123 View Post
I stayed in Ab 38 (?), next to a quiet pool, and the walk was further than the ranchos. Rancho 7b is a great spot.
Thanks--That's what I thought looking at the maps, but I was not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
I never measured distances, but the walk at CSR seems shorter to me because of the central lake. I like that panoramic view of the resort.

Also, unlike at POR, the park buses always stop in the same order at CSR. You can hop on any park bus to get to El Centro.
Thanks a bunch! I actually like having a distance to walk int he morning for coffee. I go, refill my mug, grab a pastry, and sit in the room for a bit before I get ready for the day.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #2138
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieC View Post
Hello all,
Just wondering if Disney does any magical suprises for graduations (particularly 8th grade)
Also, are towel animals, and magic moments like this:

common at CSR?
Well, we haven't gotten any towel animals yet, but it's only been 1 day. We've had magical moments like the one I described happen from time to time at various resorts so I don't think one resort is necessarily better than another at dispensing pixie dust.

When I stayed here at CSR in December 2010, my only complaint was about the bus service. It was my number one concern staying here again, and I almost rented a car because of my concerns. But I decided to chance it with Disney transportation again. Partly due to my poor planning, we ended up having to go to El Centro this morning and went to that bus stop rather than the Casitas bus stop. A bus to the MK arrived shortly after we got to the bus stop, but it was packed to the gills and no one could get on. So we waited until the next bus, which was 25 minutes later. It wasn't a horrible wait, but I really wish they'd run buses more frequently in the morning when people are trying to get to the parks and buses are having to leave people behind because they are full. We were able to get on the second bus, but we were standing. We should be fine to go to the Casitas bus stop tomorrow so we won't have to worry about the buses being full when they get to our stop.

Just a couple comments on the resort room... Someone mentioned a while ago about there not being any hooks in the room to hang things on. I had never really thought about it before, but whoever you were, you are so right. I am really missing having some hooks. Also, there's only 4 hangers in the room. Granted, it's not like I brought a lot of clothes that I would hang up, but a few more would be nice, especially since there aren't any hooks.

Also, I wish the lights above the beds weren't so bright, or that they would operate on a dimmer switch. The last two resorts I've stayed at with DD were the Poly and the WL. Both had lamps above or beside the bed that were either not really bright or on dimmers (I can't remember which). But that was super nice for when DD goes to bed and I'd like to stay up reading. I tried turning on the light over my bed last night and it was bright enough she couldn't fall asleep with it on.

Last comment, someone mentioned that they preferred a table and chairs over the desk and I agree with that as well.

But overall, we're enjoying the resort. We went to the pool tonight and had fun on the slide. We have a really nice view of the lake from our room.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #2139
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Paying for a preferred room doesn't mean you get to choose whatever room you "prefer" when you get there.
Paying for a preferred room at CSR means you'll be assigned a room in Casitas 1,2, or 3.

If that's not what you want, maybe you should change your reservation to standard and allow someone else who does want preferred (Casitas 1,2, or 3) to book it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
First, let me clarify - I realize just because I pay for a preferred room doesn't mean I can pick whatever I please - my writing that was more a play on words.

Second, when we changed our reservation from a value to a moderate, CSR was the ONLY mod resort available and the preferred room was the ONLY room showing availability to use with our pin code. I didn't request a preferred room - that was the only thing open so in order for us to upgrade that's what we had to take.

If, and all requests are an if, we should happen to be able to move to a cabana room, then hopefully this will allow someone else to have some pixie dust on their trip and get moved to that building without having paid for the upgrade. would make everyone happy
I wanted to add here that I totally understand about the huge variety of "preferred" rooms. esp at the value resorts, the meaning has changed.
we booked a preferred rom at movies a few years back, thinking we would get fantasia. didn't realize how things had changed, and go a parking lot view in dalmations.

we really can't stand the touchdown section of sports, but the surf's up is really pretty, as is the pool.. we would book there, preferred, but some of the touchdown rooms are also preferred. yuck! hate the noise, the spongy "floor" etc. not willing to risk it.

I think a lot of people think some preferred rooms are not so great. you could get a 4th floor, parking lot view in the 50's. on the very end, and still have to walk back, away from the food court, bus stops, to get to the elevator. but a standard room on the 4th floor in the 50's could be one room down from the elevator, and a closr walk to the food court.

there are just SO many room categories now!!! you have preferred view, pool view, preferred AND pool view. in the moderates, you have the pirate rooms, the royal guest rooms, as well as water view, king, etc. (if you book a king room, royal guest, water view, your moderate resort is almost deluxe priced!!! )

anyhoo, I understand this posters angst. hate to pay preferred price (which she didnt' want anyway) and then get stuck with a parkig lot view, which is hard to get to!.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #2140
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I can't compare yet since my first CSR visit will be in September, but I was in bldg 17 at Riverside and it was about 3 building (maybe 4) from the main building. I didn't mind the walk at all because there were bunnies and chipmunks, birds and lush landscaping to look at.

I'm guessing I'll feel the same way if I'm in Ranchos. My 13 year old wants to stay in that section.

I always tell my Disney clients that if you don't have a physical limitation, then the farthest walk is still not a big problem. Disney World resorts are fun and beautiful!
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 05-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #2141
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

We will be staying with a large group of people in July in 4 rooms at CSR. It will be my first time staying there. It's really interesting to hear all the different recommendations and experiences. I stayed for the first time at CBR last week and now I understand what everyone means by the large resorts and walking distances - HOLY BEANS! I'm a runner and love to walk but geez, some of those walks are ridiculous. And then going around the entire resort to get to a park because you make multiple stops - ouch. Well, I'm better prepared for CSR AND I am so happy we decided to do CSR for the family trip and not CBR. While I liked CBR (I went solo for a conference and wanted to stay somewhere I hadn't before), it had barely anything extra. There was the pool and the food court in the central location. I'm happy to hear that CSR has more places to eat, drink, and do things. Although I am disappointed to hear the marina has not been in service for over a year

Anyway, just wanted to say I was excited for our stay and appreciate everyone's comments - ALL of them!!! I NEED to hear both the pros and cons - it helps me to prepare. If all is so fluffy and happy, I will be disappointed if one little thing goes wrong. Anyway, thanks everyone!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #2142
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

Cafe Rix/Pepper Market Question

Hey again,

Quick food questions!

Is the Pepper Market now closed for dinner or does it revert back to CS at night?

The menu for kids at Cafe Rix looks limited to only three or four items - is that accurate?

Finally, pizza! Can this be delivered to the room? And do you have to pay regular price or can you use QSDP credits?

Thanks as always!
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 05-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #2143
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Hey again,

Quick food questions!

Is the Pepper Market now closed for dinner or does it revert back to CS at night?

The menu for kids at Cafe Rix looks limited to only three or four items - is that accurate?

Finally, pizza! Can this be delivered to the room? And do you have to pay regular price or can you use QSDP credits?

Thanks as always!
Pepper Market is the tradional non-buffet style for supper. Not sure about the kids menu our kid is 17 now and definately eats like an adult, maybe 2. Pizza can be delivered and I think you can use he credits.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #2144
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

I believe it's 2 TS credits for pizza delivery.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #2145
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDYMOM View Post
I can't compare yet since my first CSR visit will be in September, but I was in bldg 17 at Riverside and it was about 3 building (maybe 4) from the main building. I didn't mind the walk at all because there were bunnies and chipmunks, birds and lush landscaping to look at.

I'm guessing I'll feel the same way if I'm in Ranchos. My 13 year old wants to stay in that section.

I always tell my Disney clients that if you don't have a physical limitation, then the farthest walk is still not a big problem. Disney World resorts are fun and beautiful!
I don't have a problem myself with walking (I'm a runner) but my daughter has exercise-induced asthma. I'm concerned about her walking too far in the humidity of late days.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: