Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #2116
emcclay
Mouseketeer
 
emcclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL
Posts: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Hope both your weeks go better and you fully enjoy your stays at CSR!!

I just took the survey Disney sent me about our stay at CSR. One of the questions asked about how I felt before our vacation and to rank those, stress, care free, anxious, confident, etc.
Are the surveys new?
__________________
Pastry Chef in the making!


December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #2117
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
Are the surveys new?
No, not new. They may be random though. I got one 3 out of 4 stays at CSR.
lovethattink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #2118
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!
 
Ktharee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,472

I got one too for our visit 5/11-5/19
__________________

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland
• 2009 Coronado Springs • 2010 Disneyland • 2010 MVMCP offsite

2009 Free Dining at Coronado Springs Trip Report



Ktharee is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #2119
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,353

Arrived tonight. Took a little over 90 minutes to get to resort after our plane landed, but that was mostly because we just missed a bus and were the first ones on the next bus so we had to wait around for a 1/2 hour while other people boarded. We were the last stop on the route. The bus went to ASSports and ASMusic first.

Did online checkin. CM at checkin was super friendly and really talkative with DD, who is a super-extrovert. He told her he had a surprise for her and disappeared for a few minutes. When he reappeared, he had a balloon and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie for her. What a nice way to start the trip with a little bit of pixie dust!

We booked a standard view room and requested Casitas. We got an upgraded waterview room in Casitas 5. We got here so late (checked in at 9pm) that I haven't been out to admire the view. I just put some stuff away and got our park bag ready for tomorrow. Our luggage from ME still hasn't made it to our room. I'm beginning to wonder if they are holding it for delivery tomorrow. But it's only been 2.5 hours since checkin so far. I hope they will deliver it tonight because I messed up and packed a couple things in the checked luggage that I really should have backed in our carryon. Nothing too vital, but just stuff that I'd like to have tonight.

So far so good with this trip. We're off to the MK tomorrow!
Maggie'sMom is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #2120
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer
 
Dismamx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 128

Have a great time Maggie'sMom
Not long for us now woohoo!!!
__________________
Dismamx2 is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #2121
dtstampz
Mouseketeer
 
dtstampz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 467

Well, just popping in to cry a little. DH's MUSE convention trip was CANCELLED yesterday
by corporate office! No travel allowed, even though his boss really went to bat for him.
It's been a pain to cancel everything, and we are losing $$ on airfare & park tickets.
Good thing I have a free dining package booked for September....I will be SO READY!
Thanks for listening, and have FUN if you are headed to CSR or already there. sniff.
__________________
Debra--Dreaming of Disney!
CR-May 1997 CSR-Sept 2010 CSR-May 2011 Sports/CSR-Sept. 2011 ASMo/CSR/Poly-Nov/Dec 2011
May 2012 - Pop/CSR/Polynesian Sept 2012-AKL/CSR Jan/Feb-2013 Pop Century/CSR May 2013 Pop/POR RGR/CSR
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**



dtstampz is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #2122
mamamary
DIS Veteran
 
mamamary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Well, just popping in to cry a little. DH's MUSE convention trip was CANCELLED yesterday
by corporate office! No travel allowed, even though his boss really went to bat for him.
It's been a pain to cancel everything, and we are losing $$ on airfare & park tickets.
Good thing I have a free dining package booked for September....I will be SO READY!
Thanks for listening, and have FUN if you are headed to CSR or already there. sniff.
Awwwww sorry to hear this.
__________________
CBR - November 2006
CSR - May 2010
POFQ - June 2012

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #2123
Disney Sheri
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Sheri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
Arrived tonight. Took a little over 90 minutes to get to resort after our plane landed, but that was mostly because we just missed a bus and were the first ones on the next bus so we had to wait around for a 1/2 hour while other people boarded. We were the last stop on the route. The bus went to ASSports and ASMusic first.

Did online checkin. CM at checkin was super friendly and really talkative with DD, who is a super-extrovert. He told her he had a surprise for her and disappeared for a few minutes. When he reappeared, he had a balloon and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie for her. What a nice way to start the trip with a little bit of pixie dust!

We booked a standard view room and requested Casitas. We got an upgraded waterview room in Casitas 5. We got here so late (checked in at 9pm) that I haven't been out to admire the view. I just put some stuff away and got our park bag ready for tomorrow. Our luggage from ME still hasn't made it to our room. I'm beginning to wonder if they are holding it for delivery tomorrow. But it's only been 2.5 hours since checkin so far. I hope they will deliver it tonight because I messed up and packed a couple things in the checked luggage that I really should have backed in our carryon. Nothing too vital, but just stuff that I'd like to have tonight.

So far so good with this trip. We're off to the MK tomorrow!
Thanks for the information! Have a super vacation! We will be there in 9 days! I requested Casista's too-I hope we get a little Disney magic like you did!
__________________


Sheri
Disney Sheri is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #2124
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Well, just popping in to cry a little. DH's MUSE convention trip was CANCELLED yesterday
by corporate office! No travel allowed, even though his boss really went to bat for him.
It's been a pain to cancel everything, and we are losing $$ on airfare & park tickets.
Good thing I have a free dining package booked for September....I will be SO READY!
Thanks for listening, and have FUN if you are headed to CSR or already there. sniff.
I'm curious as to how you're losing money on park tickets.
EpcotBill is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #2125
dtstampz
Mouseketeer
 
dtstampz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I'm curious as to how you're losing money on park tickets.
Dh bought group tickets/convention attendee. They only good for
the person whose name is on them, for a limited time frame, and of
course non-refundable. We also purchased 2 special event tickets
through the convention (dessert party at Epcot) and those are non-
refundable as well. Good thing I have an AP so we aren't out park
tickets for me.
__________________
Debra--Dreaming of Disney!
CR-May 1997 CSR-Sept 2010 CSR-May 2011 Sports/CSR-Sept. 2011 ASMo/CSR/Poly-Nov/Dec 2011
May 2012 - Pop/CSR/Polynesian Sept 2012-AKL/CSR Jan/Feb-2013 Pop Century/CSR May 2013 Pop/POR RGR/CSR
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**



dtstampz is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #2126
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Dh bought group tickets/convention attendee. They only good for
the person whose name is on them, for a limited time frame, and of
course non-refundable. We also purchased 2 special event tickets
through the convention (dessert party at Epcot) and those are non-
refundable as well. Good thing I have an AP so we aren't out park
tickets for me.
Sorry to hear this. It's bad enough to have DH's employer cancel the trip but then to lose money is even worse!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #2127
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly
 
creativeamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,392

One week from today I will be checking into CSR! I am so excited--can't wait to get there.
__________________
Disney Trips: Jan 2007 (POP); Oct 2008 (POR); June 2009 (POR); Dec 2009 (POFQ); June 2010 (POR);
June 2011 (POR/BC); June 2012 (POP/CSR); Feb 2013 (CSR/BWV); Jan 2014 (POP); Dec 2014 (POP)

creativeamanda is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #2128
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran
 
HANDYMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alabaster, Alabama
Posts: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
What was "not nice" about my response?

The poster appeared to be new (only 30 something posts?) and seemed to think booking a preferred room gave her the option of choosing a room/location she wanted, which those of us more seasoned know to not be true.

I explained what booking preferred does and does not mean and suggested booking a category she'd be happy with. How is that "not nice"?
I'm sorry if I misread the tone of your post, but telling someone they should cancel their preferred room so someone who really wanted it could have it, sounded very harsh. It sounds like you meant it in a more informational way, but when I read it and the OP explanation that there were no other rooms to choose from, I thought your comment jumped to a conclusion that a Disney novice might not understand

The only good thing about a bad week is that it can only get better. I hope yours improves
__________________
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR


[/url

Last edited by HANDYMOM; 05-25-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: add more
HANDYMOM is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2129
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,353

All checked in!

We are in Ranchos 7B, and although it's not what we requested, it doesn't seem too bad. We're right around the corner from the quiet pool and the bus stop to get to El Centro isn't too far away either.

Here's to 3 days of fun & relaxation!!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #2130
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
All checked in!

We are in Ranchos 7B, and although it's not what we requested, it doesn't seem too bad. We're right around the corner from the quiet pool and the bus stop to get to El Centro isn't too far away either.

Here's to 3 days of fun & relaxation!!
Enjoy your stay! I think 7B is a great location, if you've gotta be in the Ranchos that's the one I'd want.
lovethattink is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: