Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #2071
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I am of the thought that if you make requests already, then if you try to select them during online checkin that it creates an error. I checked into POP Century just fine yesterday. Made a request for 70s section.

This morning, checked into CSR, and the requests could not be saved. The only difference between the two was at POP I had no prior requests. At CSR I did.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #2072
MaddieC
Earning My Ears

Just a quick question that might seem a little silly.
the reason why we are going to Disney his summer is because my dd14 is graduating 8 grade. To many this isn't a big deal, but she has been a straight A student all of her life. Literally. We are going in August but she graduates on June, do you think this qualifies as a celebration?
thanks! And dd6 is graduating kindergarten (:
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #2073
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

Graduations count. We did the same for our daughter a few years ago.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #2074
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieC View Post
the reason why we are going to Disney his summer is because my dd14 is graduating 8 grade. To many this isn't a big deal, but she has been a straight A student all of her life. Literally. We are going in August but she graduates on June, do you think this qualifies as a celebration?
Definitely counts. Happy celebrating! We have a 5th grade and kindergarten graduation to celebrate!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #2075
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieC View Post
We have two birthdays in February - mine and DS's - and ended up buying a house in February this year and having to cancel our birthday celebration weekend (at the Contemporary! ). When I made our reservations for this coming weekend that cancellation came up in conversation with the CM and she suggested celebrating this trip.

I guess a celebration is a celebration and can be had anytime as far the CMs are concerned.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #2076
sorahl1
Pressed Pennies are a delight!

me and my friend

I'm just celebrating that we are going with our friends
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #2077
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Just back from a 9 day trip at CSR! We were a party of 15 with 6 rooms. Requested Cabanas, first floor with two sets of room adjoining and the rest connecting. Got Cabanas 9A, first floor, two sets of rooms adjoining and the rest connecting! All requests were met, so thrilled! Resort is beautiful as always. We enjoyed the Pepper Market buffets-once for breakfast and once for lunch. It's the best QS deal in WDW. We ate dinner there on our first night and the food was good as well. Cafe Rix has pretty tasty food too, but steer clear of that place during the morning rush, it's mayhem! Luckily we were just filling our mugs.

This is the first time we utilized the pool during the day so the kids really enjoyed the poolside activities while I enjoyed the sangria and pina coladas.

Housekeeping was good, no towel animals for us, though others in our party did get some.

Bus service was not the best for us, but in another thread I posted, others did not have any problem at all. Luck of the draw I guess.

I have to tell you Panchito's has such a great variety of souvenir items. On our last day we were killing some time there just looking around and I can tell you 90% of the WDW items I had purchased at the parks I could have gotten right at Panchito's.

No big conventions going on during our stay. Saw a few "professionals" but only in the mornings and really only a handful.

Requested a late checkout on our last day and got that free of charge until 1pm.

Wifi connection was great. The only room issues we had were my parent's TV was not working and the carpet in our room was wet underneath where the refrigerator sits. No big deal. Maintenance came and fixed the TV and we didn't bother to call about the carpet. It dried.

Beds and pillows were very comfortable and the rooms are a nice size. The privacy doors are great!

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland
• 2009 Coronado Springs • 2010 Disneyland • 2010 MVMCP offsite

2009 Free Dining at Coronado Springs Trip Report

Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #2078
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
If you book a preferred room, you will be in casitas 1, 2 or 3. Although I haven't heard of this happening at CSR, some DISers have reported paying for a preferred room at a resort and getting a standard room. They were refunded the difference in cost. I don't remember ever reading it happening at CSR, but it has happened (rarely) at some Disney resorts.
Are Casitas 1,2,&3 nice? Is it all conventioneers in this area?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #2079
MaddieC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin123 View Post
Graduations count. We did the same for our daughter a few years ago.
Great thanks! Did they do anything special for her?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #2080
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktharee View Post
Just back from a 9 day trip at CSR! We were a party of 15 with 6 rooms. Requested Cabanas, first floor with two sets of room adjoining and the rest connecting. Got Cabanas 9A, first floor, two sets of rooms adjoining and the rest connecting! All requests were met, so thrilled! Resort is beautiful as always. We enjoyed the Pepper Market buffets-once for breakfast and once for lunch. It's the best QS deal in WDW. We ate dinner there on our first night and the food was good as well. Cafe Rix has pretty tasty food too, but steer clear of that place during the morning rush, it's mayhem! Luckily we were just filling our mugs.

This is the first time we utilized the pool during the day so the kids really enjoyed the poolside activities while I enjoyed the sangria and pina coladas.

Housekeeping was good, no towel animals for us, though others in our party did get some.

Bus service was not the best for us, but in another thread I posted, others did not have any problem at all. Luck of the draw I guess.

I have to tell you Panchito's has such a great variety of souvenir items. On our last day we were killing some time there just looking around and I can tell you 90% of the WDW items I had purchased at the parks I could have gotten right at Panchito's.

No big conventions going on during our stay. Saw a few "professionals" but only in the mornings and really only a handful.

Requested a late checkout on our last day and got that free of charge until 1pm.

Wifi connection was great. The only room issues we had were my parent's TV was not working and the carpet in our room was wet underneath where the refrigerator sits. No big deal. Maintenance came and fixed the TV and we didn't bother to call about the carpet. It dried.

Beds and pillows were very comfortable and the rooms are a nice size. The privacy doors are great!
Thats awesome you got all your rooms together like that!! Probably wasn't easy for them to arrange with all the people that request Cabanas. I agree Panchitos is probably the best store of any of the Mod resorts. Sounds like the trip would have been perfect if they weren't training 20 new bus drivers that week!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #2081
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Thats awesome you got all your rooms together like that!! Probably wasn't easy for them to arrange with all the people that request Cabanas. I agree Panchitos is probably the best store of any of the Mod resorts. Sounds like the trip would have been perfect if they weren't training 20 new bus drivers that week!
At LEAST 20...all on the CSR route. It was darn near perfect. I was stunned that they were able to give us our requests.

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland
• 2009 Coronado Springs • 2010 Disneyland • 2010 MVMCP offsite

2009 Free Dining at Coronado Springs Trip Report

Old 05-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #2082
Merlin123
Earning My Ears

Yes, here now and bus service is terrific.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #2083
Stitch123
Earning My Ears

Just back from my second stay at CSR (with the kids in April, now with dh). I put in a room request the first time, which I got (Cabanas top floor), and left it to chance the second time, assuming they'd dump me in Ranchos. No so! We had a corner room in Casitas 4 and the view was definitely lakefront, even though I only paid for a standard room. I did online check-in both times but messed up the second time somehow, so the room was not assigned until after we arrived.

Question: What is a reasonable time to expect the room to be cleaned? We came back fromm the parks at 2:30 and I was a bit disappointed that it had not been cleaned already. Mousekeeping showed up about a half hour later but we told her not to worry about it. Just wondering if I expected too much.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #2084
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch123 View Post
Question: What is a reasonable time to expect the room to be cleaned? We came back fromm the parks at 2:30 and I was a bit disappointed that it had not been cleaned already. Mousekeeping showed up about a half hour later but we told her not to worry about it. Just wondering if I expected too much.
One day our room wasn't cleaned until 4, think they say they'll do it before 4:30pm
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #2085
tinkerbelleinRI
Earning My Ears

DH and I got back from our 8-day stay at CSR (and my first at WDW) on Saturday.

When we arrived about 10:30 a.m. On Sat, 5/12, the registration area was chaotic. We finally were brought up to the desk and the cast member we had was cordial at best. At first she couldn't find our reservation. I had to spell my last name 3 times (my name is not difficult). Then she said there was a room ready for us in Ranchos section. I looked at my husband and said i didn't want to stay there because it was too far. She said to hold on and she would check. About 20 minutes go by and she said there might be one in Casitas 4 - so we waited some more and finally just gave up and took Ranchos 7b (room 7545 to be exact). I even made references to her that it was my first time to WDW and my honeymoon and she didn't crack a smile. Another cast member who overheard me gave us Happily Ever After buttons as she walked by us. As we walked to our room, the resort was so beautiful. We ended up liking the room location.The only sucky things were being next to the elevator and hearing the "ding" every time the doors opened and whoever was above us had a very rambunctious child who liked to run around alot and jump off the bed. We could also seevthe quiet pool from our window. All in all, it was not that far of a walk to El Centro and we preferred bus stop 1 anyway.

The room itself was nice. No towel animals through our stay. I took some Clorox wipes and everything I wiped down was clean. I did Lysol all handles and the TV remote though.

We ate 1 breakfast and 2 lunches at Rix Cafe. It wad good, though not much selection. We had dinner once at Pepper Market. I didn't really care for it.

We used the pool and the hot tub at the dig site - it was very nice.

Panchitos has a great selection of souvenirs, but not much specific to the resort (only saw pins).

We walked around a lot at night and found it very nice and relaxing.

DH used the health club and got a massage - he said it was nice.

During one of our walks, we walked by Casitas 4 and I kicked myself a little bit for not waiting to see if we could have got that one - DOH!!!

Despite the positives, I don't think I'll ever stay there again. If I ever make it back, I'd like to try Pop Century or Art of animation. Especially if we have kids- I wanna feel like I'm in WDW.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: