Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #2041
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer

Hi, I know this is not a CSR specific question but how far ahead of time should I place my order with Garden Grocer. I've noticed that a few people on here have used them and recommend them. We won't need a lot but as we won't have a car I think it might be better to have some essentials.
TIA

Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #2042
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Whew!! I made it through the entire thread!!! I feel like I have already stayed at CSR for a week. Thanks for all the awesome information and reviews from everyone. I. am. so. excited!!!!!! I requested top floor and Casitas. I just think that area is so pretty. I know it's weird, but I think the Ranchos would be my second choice. We arent pool people so a spot near Dig Site would be wasted on us and I would rather be a little further away in a more peaceful spot. I just hope for top floor. I hate hearing people walk above me!!! Only 7 more months!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #2043
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
aubriee--are you back? Did you get to stay in the Cabanas???
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #2044
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismamx2 View Post
Hi, I know this is not a CSR specific question but how far ahead of time should I place my order with Garden Grocer. I've noticed that a few people on here have used them and recommend them. We won't need a lot but as we won't have a car I think it might be better to have some essentials.
TIA
We usually order about 3 weeks in advance and have no trouble getting the delivery time we want. The longer you leave it you chance there delivery times filling up for the day you want.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #2045
Capn
Former Jungle Cruise Skipper

DanceAmerica competition

Hello all!! Just subscribed as our fam is headed to CSR the first week of July for my Daughter's dance competition. Just wondered if anyone has been there for this specific competition and how well it is organized. Also how crowded/busy the resort may be. I am not a huge fan of crowds, but don't have a choice this go round (we have usually gone in February or May for our trips to WDW)

Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #2046
marielynn724
DIS Veteran

thanks for the info about disney not accepting requests by fax - i had no idea, so that was a big help! so now i have called disney to request a room in the casitas section. how likely is it that they will honor the request? just curious. also, there is no convention scheduled during our dates.
May 2007 - Disneyland Paris
October 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2010 - Grand Floridian
August 2012 - Coronado Springs
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #2047
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielynn724 View Post
thanks for the info about disney not accepting requests by fax - i had no idea, so that was a big help! so now i have called disney to request a room in the casitas section. how likely is it that they will honor the request? just curious. also, there is no convention scheduled during our dates.
We have always gotten close to (if not exactly) what we requested; it comes down to how busy the resort is. With requesting Casitas, you would be in Casitas 4 or 5 if you get it (our favorite buildings).

Just because there is no convention listed, does not mean there isn't one. The convention list is comprised from research and people sending the information to stitchandpooh'smom who runs this thread.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #2048
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielynn724 View Post
They have been pretty accomodating with us. It depends how full they are when you check in. If there is no convention chances are half the rooms are empty and should be no problem.

We go at roughly the same December dates everytime we go. The dates are strategically picked for a few reasons. One of them is the check-in date. We went Dec. 14th-28th last year. The 14th was a wednesday and well before the Christmas crowds arrive. Meaning the resort was most likely half empty. We requested Casitas 4, top floor, and we paid for waterview. When we arrived they had us in Casitas 5 top floor. I politely stated that we were going to be there for 14 nights (alot longer than most guests) and would really appreciate having our request honored, especially given the length of our stay. The CM checked the computer and 2 mins later gave me a choice of 6 different rooms with waterview on the top floor of Casitas 4. We ended up in a great corner room facing the lagoon which had a beautiful view including viewing the EPCOT fireworks (high ones anyway) nightly at 9:30pm. Great location and great stay at CSR!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #2049
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
We usually order about 3 weeks in advance and have no trouble getting the delivery time we want. The longer you leave it you chance there delivery times filling up for the day you want.
Great thank you, I had better place my order in the next day or so as we will be here in 2 weeks. We won't land until 5 pm so it will be well after 6 pm when we arrive at CSR, I'm thinking maybe they don't deliver this late? I might be better to request delivery time earlier so it will be there when we arrive?
Thank again

Old 05-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #2050
MisWal
Mouseketeer

Just arrived yesterday! Requested Cabanas but ended up in Casitas 4, which, as it turns out, is perfect! We are right around the corner from the quiet pool and really close to bus stop 2. The resort is absolutely gorgeous and not nearly as big as I expected. It is big, but I was expecting ginormous!
Nov 2014- Royal Pacific Resort

Old 05-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #2051
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisWal View Post
Just arrived yesterday! Requested Cabanas but ended up in Casitas 4, which, as it turns out, is perfect! We are right around the corner from the quiet pool and really close to bus stop 2. The resort is absolutely gorgeous and not nearly as big as I expected. It is big, but I was expecting ginormous!
You are in my all-time favorite section! Enjoy your time (and, yes, people make it seem bigger than it is).
Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #2052
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismamx2 View Post
Great thank you, I had better place my order in the next day or so as we will be here in 2 weeks. We won't land until 5 pm so it will be well after 6 pm when we arrive at CSR, I'm thinking maybe they don't deliver this late? I might be better to request delivery time earlier so it will be there when we arrive?
Thank again
They will hold your order at bell services. They even have a cooler for milk, etc. We have always had top notch service from Garden Grocer and Bell services at CSR.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #2053
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You are in my all-time favorite section! Enjoy your time (and, yes, people make it seem bigger than it is).
Mine too!!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #2054
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
aubriee--are you back? Did you get to stay in the Cabanas???
Yes, I got back late Saturday night. Sure wasn't ready to come home either. lol When we checked in May 5th, we had been placed on the second floor in Ranchos 6A and told there was not a room currently available anywhere in my beloved Cabanas. At least not until the next day.:banana : We spent one night in Ranchos 6A (the furtherest building from anything). Then went over the next morning and was assigned a perfect room in Cabanas 8B (the only Cabanas building I have never been in). I loved the new location. The first night we were in a second floor room in Ranchos 6A facing a courtyard area (right where the AED sign is if you look at the map). Our new Cabanas room was on the very end of Cabanas 8B facing the walkway between Cabanas 8B and 9A. Our window looked straight out at the Cabanas laundry, so we were just steps from the Cabanas quiet pool. We loved it. For some reason I didn't even realize there were rooms on the very ends of those buildings. I've always been on either the lake side or the parking lot side (in other words the long side of the buildings, not on a short end).

We had a great trip (still don't care for the Ranchos though). I ate lunch at the Pepper Market buffet my last day and also ate dinner there twice. It was very good each time. Housekeeping was fine and the resort was very quiet. No problems at all. I can now say I have stayed in all three sections at CSR and also in all four of the Cabana buildings
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #2055
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
They will hold your order at bell services. They even have a cooler for milk, etc. We have always had top notch service from Garden Grocer and Bell services at CSR.
Perfect, thanks again

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: