Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #1906
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
Sorry but I haven't read through all the pages but I was wondering if your party of 3 goes to the buffet in the morning but only 2 eat (I don't eat breakfast - just give me plenty of coffee) would I be charged for 3 buffets or just 2?
I think all buffets charge per person no matter how much or little a person eats.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1907
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Cool, wish I was there!! You must be in Cabanas 9A if you are over looking the quiet pool.
Yes, you are correct--Cabanas 9A.

And I am so very happy to be here
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1908
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I got an update from Buzz about club level - unfortunately, there are no plans for CSR to offer it as a booking category.

He says " if you are lucky enough to stay in cabana 9b, the CM's can upgrade you to the club level lounge (if a convention is going on) but CSR has no intention of making it a room category for all guests."
Further update from Buzz:

CSR is currently testing club level for certain guests.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #1909
kandb
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if we can get a rollaway when we stay at CSR? If so, what is the fee? Thanks
Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #1910
semo233
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Further update from Buzz:

CSR is currently testing club level for certain guests.
I knew I'd get the info here.....always. Thanks! This is what the CM told me, but I had heard so many conflicting reports from others.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #1911
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Anyone know if we can get a rollaway when we stay at CSR? If so, what is the fee? Thanks
They do have rollaways - I think they are about $15 per night.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #1912
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Does the resort have "real coffee"?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #1913
rhul
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I've never stayed at a Super 8, but you must have found a nice one in Savannah. We thought the beds at CSR were more comfortable than the beds at Poly, Beach Club, OKW and AKL; we had very clean rooms; the water pressure was great; the A/C worked very well; and the rooms were very quiet. If there is a Super 8 that can deliver all that, I need to reconsider that chain of hotels!
Actually most Super 8s aren't that great but that one is the highest ranked Savannah 2 1/2 star hotel on TripAdvisor.com, & I can see why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Did you physically see the mold? Do you think the breathing problem could have been caused by the Zephaire Mountain Mist deodorizer they use? My oldest son is somewhat allergic to that smell and his nose clogs up pretty much right away. But I just love that scent!!
Yes we saw it, the dark grout was fully black on most of the the tub surround tile. And the mold was in toilet area, not in the main room. The second room was the one I could tell they had sprayed the deodorizer & that didn't bother me.

BTW my thanks to the board for the heads up about the switch to pod coffee machines in the rooms. I brought an electric kettle & french press to do my own. Which was a good thing since houskeeping only gave us regular coffee on day 2 of our stay. (When I'd left a note asking for it.) Which even with bottled water was still not that great.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #1914
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Oh good. thank you I missed that.
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Hi guys

Two questions please if anyone would be nice enough to answer them!

Firstly, how busy is the main pool likely to be? Any times of day to avoid?

Second - is Ranchos REALLY so bad? I actually think the theming looks lovely, but I don't want to be stuck there if its awful.

Thanks
The main pool is AWESOME!!! My guess is mid-day especially on the weekend the pool could be crowded. Even in the evenings it tends to be hopping! But honestly the Did Site is so big, I wouldn't be worried!

Ranchos really isn't that bad we stayed in that section on our 1st visit it CSR and we were close to the bus stop and Dig Site. It is a far walk to El Centro though.

I think it all depends on what you want to be closest to. For us, I prefer the Cabanas or Casitas b/c we like to be close to Pepper market.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1915
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Hi guys

Two questions please if anyone would be nice enough to answer them!

Firstly, how busy is the main pool likely to be? Any times of day to avoid?

Second - is Ranchos REALLY so bad? I actually think the theming looks lovely, but I don't want to be stuck there if its awful.

Thanks
We are staying in Ranchos at the moment, whilst it is a long walk (5 minutes?) to El Centrino we're close to the Dig Site & a bus stop. We eat at PM every morning & it's a nice stroll then we simply get on the bus at the stop at El Centrino.

The Dig Site is busy around lunchtime, 12-2. Weekends it's heaving & we were unable to get a sunlounger at that time over the weekend, but yesterday we did. It's BIG so it never feels that crowded. I actually prefer the quiet pools just to chill in.

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #1916
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Yesterday we stopped by the PM for lunch. Once again, there was a change or two. The icecream is now soft serve at lunch. (Not sure about for the evening meal.) The churros are now round in shape. (At first I thought my dh came back with onion rings and icecream!) Wivy, our server was excellent!! We ate at 11:30, the PM wasn't busy and the food was very fresh. I tried the chicken enchiladas for the first time and wow were they great! Very hot though, I burned my finger when some sauce dripped on it.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #1917
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Hey, Tink! Those churros look yummy!. Do you know if they're available ala carte? Or are they only available with buffet purchase? Would love to get some for a late night snack or to enjoy while watching the pool side movie!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #1918
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Hey, Tink! Those churros look yummy!. Do you know if they're available ala carte? Or are they only available with buffet purchase? Would love to get some for a late night snack or to enjoy while watching the pool side movie!
I haven't been to dinner time at CSR since October. But back then they had a full size churro available ala carte. I think you could either get 2 churros or 1 churro and a scoop of icecream. Not sure if the hand dipped icecream is available at dinner time or not, now that there is a soft serve machine there.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1919
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

For dinner at Pepper Market... is bottled white milk an option for the drink?

With the QSDP we'd like to use the mugs for dinner drinks and grab bottled milk to take back to the room for breakfast if possible?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #1920
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

9 days away from my 4 th stay at CSR, I hear the dig site pool and bar calling my name

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: