Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #1876
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog2owl View Post
Just back. We were in casitas 3 waterview which we didn't book 2ndfloor which would have been okay except my elderly mom needed elevator and we weren't close. Too bad our stairwell was much closer to bus stop than the elevator. I am glad we got Castias because bus stop 2 was always the first to be picked up and by the time it got to #4 and El Centro it was a little full in the morning. Except on one bus ride, #2 was always the first pick up and drop off and El Centro last like I said only once on the way home did the bus drop off at el centro first

We got 'aqua' scented bath stuff first 3 days, grapefruit burgemont the last 3 days.
Sorry for weird typing on my phone at airport
Welcome back! That's weird about the toiletries - were both scents the H2O+ brand? I wonder if they are switching to new toiletries.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1877
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I'm pretty sure a few pages back someone posted who is currently at CSR said that there is no indication of sidewalk construction.
Oh good. thank you I missed that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #1878
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

Hi guys

Two questions please if anyone would be nice enough to answer them!

Firstly, how busy is the main pool likely to be? Any times of day to avoid?

Second - is Ranchos REALLY so bad? I actually think the theming looks lovely, but I don't want to be stuck there if its awful.

Thanks
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 05-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #1879
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Question for anyone who uses the fitness center: what times is it open, and also is there a link to the jogging map somewhere? Or perhaps a notation of the jogging area on Google Earth?

Working towards running the 10 mile TOT in September and hoping not to give up my training.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #1880
hedgehog2owl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Welcome back! That's weird about the toiletries - were both scents the H2O+ brand? I wonder if they are switching to new toiletries.
I will look at my pictures when I get home
Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #1881
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Hi guys

Two questions please if anyone would be nice enough to answer them!

Firstly, how busy is the main pool likely to be? Any times of day to avoid?

Second - is Ranchos REALLY so bad? I actually think the theming looks lovely, but I don't want to be stuck there if its awful.

Thanks
We found the pool empty at opening ceremony until around noon. Busier in the afternoon until around 6pm. Then very busy once the movie started. This was when we were there in August.

When we stayed in March it was kind of cool out and there weren't many people in the pool any time of day. Same with October as it was kind of cool then as well.

We stayed in Ranchos 7A. It wasn't bad. But I would have preferred being in 7B with the quiet pool. We were lazy, we drove to El Centro to eat. The only time we walked to El Centro was our last night. We went to get a Gelato at Cafe Rix. Our timing was awesome, we mananged to see all 3 fireworks. 2 on the way to El Centro then Hallowishes on the way back to the room. Trees and buildings blocked the view, but it was still kind of cool!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #1882
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Question for anyone who uses the fitness center: what times is it open, and also is there a link to the jogging map somewhere? Or perhaps a notation of the jogging area on Google Earth?

Working towards running the 10 mile TOT in September and hoping not to give up my training.
Unless it's changed, you can sign a waver to use the fitness center 24/7 with your room key.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #1883
kandb
DIS Veteran

Can we get a cot at CSR? We have 3 children and our 2 year old will not sleep in a crib, he will sleep with one of us, so I would like one of my two older children to be able to sleep in a cot. Can we reserve one? We are going in Sept. Thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #1884
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Unless it's changed, you can sign a waver to use the fitness center 24/7 with your room key.
Thanks! That's the way it worked at the Beach Club, and I had every intention of going last year. But I didn't. But this summer I have to stay on target if I'm going to run that race. I'm hoping for a bounceback rate for the room while I'm there.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #1885
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Here at the Coronado finally! We are in Cabanas 9B with a water view, and our room
over looks the quiet pool. My friend and I went to the Pepper Market for the lunch
buffet yesterday, and thought it was very good. Had dinner at The Maya Grill this evening to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...complete with margaritas, of course. Hoping to have some gelato later. This is such a pretty resort!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #1886
hedgehog2owl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I just looked, yes both were H2O+ . Very different shaped bottles though
Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1887
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is 24 hour access with your room key, there was no waiver. I think it's is staffed until 8pm. All the cardio equipment is brand new, actually a nice little fitness center for a hotel!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #1888
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Here at the Coronado finally! We are in Cabanas 9B with a water view, and our room
over looks the quiet pool. My friend and I went to the Pepper Market for the lunch
buffet yesterday, and thought it was very good. Had dinner at The Maya Grill this evening to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...complete with margaritas, of course. Hoping to have some gelato later. This is such a pretty resort!
Cool, wish I was there!! You must be in Cabanas 9A if you are over looking the quiet pool.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #1889
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
There is 24 hour access with your room key, there was no waiver. I think it's is staffed until 8pm. All the cardio equipment is brand new, actually a nice little fitness center for a hotel!
How about weights? I run outside (sort of an idiosyncrasy--I just can't run in), but I lift three days per week.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #1890
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How about weights? I run outside (sort of an idiosyncrasy--I just can't run in), but I lift three days per week.
The weights and machines are all new as well. There is a smith squat/bench rack with about 400lbs of free weights. Dumbells up to 55lbs. Easy curl bar. There is about 8 different machines. We stayed there Dec 2010 and again Dec 2011. Everything was replaced in between those trips. It's definitely not like the gym I'm a member of at home, but was ok for a vacation. Used it 6 times last trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: