Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #1846
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
We're going for Memorial Day weekend - the 25th through the 28th - and most likely just enjoying the resort, not the parks.

I've been debating whether or not to get the QS dining plan - is there enough QS variety at the resort to make the QSDP worthwhile?
I think CSR gives more bang for the buck with the quick service dining plan than any other resort does. There is a lot of variety in the food (especially the buffet lunch and breakfast), and several places within the resort you can use your credits.
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #1847
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
We're going for Memorial Day weekend - the 25th through the 28th - and most likely just enjoying the resort, not the parks.

I've been debating whether or not to get the QS dining plan - is there enough QS variety at the resort to make the QSDP worthwhile?
You can look up the menus at Allears, Buzz's site, or the Pepper Market's wall on Facebook. The Pepper Market has a much more diverse menu than Cafe Rix. The PM is buffet for breakfast and lunch, ala carte for dinner. Unless you are getting free dining, you'd probably want to figure out if it's worth it to buy QS or pay out of pocket. For us, out of pocket is more economical since we have TiW, though we can only use it on TS at CSR.
lovethattink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #1848
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
You can look up the menus at Allears, Buzz's site, or the Pepper Market's wall on Facebook. The Pepper Market has a much more diverse menu than Cafe Rix. The PM is buffet for breakfast and lunch, ala carte for dinner. Unless you are getting free dining, you'd probably want to figure out if it's worth it to buy QS or pay out of pocket. For us, out of pocket is more economical since we have TiW, though we can only use it on TS at CSR.
Thank you! I didn't know the Pepper market was on FB! Is that menu updated? It lists the breakfast buffet at $14.99 for adults and I thought I read elsewhere that it was $16.99? How much is the lunch buffet? Do you know the meal hours?
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #1849
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 7,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Thank you! I didn't know the Pepper market was on FB! Is that menu updated? It lists the breakfast buffet at $14.99 for adults and I thought I read elsewhere that it was $16.99? How much is the lunch buffet? Do you know the meal hours?
I believe the hours for lunch were 11-2. I'm certain it closed at 2, but not definite on the opening time. Not sure of the cost as we used the dining plan.

We really enjoyed the buffet lunch.


.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #1850
ciera321
DIS Veteran
 
ciera321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
Posts: 4,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktharee View Post
there are a lot of people who like the Ranchos too. If you want a more serene experience and you love to walk for exercise, that's where you would request.
We prefer the Ranchos area. We don't use the restaurant all that much and we're already walking o much a little more is no big deal for us. We really love the quiet in Ranchos, too. There's enough crowds, hustle and bustle in the parks, I don't need it when we get back to the resort. We've stayed in all 3 areas, but prefer Ranchos. It's nice to have 3 differently themed area for everyone's tasted.
__________________
RobinTim Alex RyanPixieWinnieAKL02*10 BC06 CBR96 CR89*97*07*08 CSR99*04*09*12*14 Poly08 POR05 WL04*06 POP11*14 FQ13

ciera321 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #1851
pooch
I feel so special now!!
 
pooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: enfield, ct
Posts: 3,383

look for my LGMH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
When I did online check in a few days ago it wouldn't let me pick a certain building, just a section like Casitas, Ranchos, or Cabanas. If that's not working now, I'd just call and make sure the room request was listed on the reservation in the computer. I know mine is ('first floor Cabanas with a preference for Cabanas 8A'). I don't believe any of the resorts are accepting faxes anymore. CSR was the last one to stop accepting them.

I've got to work one more night, then at 0715 Friday morning I officially start my vacation and will be arriving at CSR on Saturday.
We are arriving Sat evening and have also requested Cabanas 8a. Keeping my fingers crossed! Poor DH and I are currently recovering from "pneumonia-like symptoms" which is what the dr calls it cuz he says we had pneumonia but the x-rays don't. Been coughing up our lungs for 2 weeks!! Don't care, better to be sick at WDW than at home!!!!
__________________
POOCH
4/84 Off Site, 10/89 CBR, 9/99 DxL, 8/06 WL, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 POFQ, 9/09 Pop, 9/10 Pop, 8/11 Pop, 5/12 CSR, 11/12 At DD's, 12/13 POFQ
pooch is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #1852
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?
 
Wendy&Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gotha, Florida
Posts: 1,383

Current mug colors?

Thanks everyone for the dining and QSDP info!

I think we're gonna go with the QSDP, so I have one other question - what color mugs are available currently?

Are the purple & green ones available everywhere now? Are there at least 4 different colors so the 4 of us can each have a different color?

Thanks!
__________________
Etsy/Ebay: PixieDustedStitches

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #1853
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 7,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Thanks everyone for the dining and QSDP info!

I think we're gonna go with the QSDP, so I have one other question - what color mugs are available currently?

Are the purple & green ones available everywhere now? Are there at least 4 different colors so the 4 of us can each have a different color?

Thanks!
Unfortunately we were a group of 4 also, and only had 3 color options during the first week of April. Blue, Black and Pink. We had no trouble keeping the 2 blue ones differentiated.

Someone else chime in if they know anything different.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #1854
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!
 
vettegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 5,496

2 more weeks until check in!!
__________________
vettegirl is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #1855
pooki1
Mouseketeer
 
pooki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 121

So excited!
__________________
pooki1 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #1856
westgrove
Mouseketeer
 
westgrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 253

I leave tomorrow morning and check in in Orlando in 1 week,

I'll post a full review on my return and may well see some of you disers whilst im there!!!

Thank you for answering my questions and all the great info on the first page

Laura x
__________________
Oct 2010 - Disneyland CA (offsite)
May 2012 - WDW (CSR)
Oct 2013 - WDW (CSR)
westgrove is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #1857
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Thanks everyone for the dining and QSDP info!

I think we're gonna go with the QSDP, so I have one other question - what color mugs are available currently?

Are the purple & green ones available everywhere now? Are there at least 4 different colors so the 4 of us can each have a different color?

Thanks!
Great question about the mug colors!!! I am interested in knowing this too. We have 4 going and it woul be great if we could easy get a different color to prevent getting them mixed up. When we were at POP is Sept tit seemed liek they only had black, pink and blue there, but i saw people with yellow, green and purple around the parks. I really want the purple one ans DS wants green! Fingers crossed those colors are available when we arrive next Friday!
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #1858
mieshie75
Mouseketeer
 
mieshie75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 219

Quick Question,
Hubby and i are coming wdw May18-22nd. It is our 2nd time staying on property (first was POR last July).
We have heard that this is the biggest resort. But yet all the rooms are close enough 5-10 mins from a bus stop. Also we are going for the honeymoon we never took(six years later lol) Is it hard to get a little pixie dust upgrade to I ask for it or just pray to god I get it.
__________________


I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #1859
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Thank you! I didn't know the Pepper market was on FB! Is that menu updated? It lists the breakfast buffet at $14.99 for adults and I thought I read elsewhere that it was $16.99? How much is the lunch buffet? Do you know the meal hours?
Those were the prices the last time I was there. Lunch was 11:30 to 2. They closed promptly at 2, and shut down all the food stations about 10 minutes later. Our server let us know right before they were closed.

The menu on FB is the same as what it was when we last ate there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
We are arriving Sat evening and have also requested Cabanas 8a. Keeping my fingers crossed! Poor DH and I are currently recovering from "pneumonia-like symptoms" which is what the dr calls it cuz he says we had pneumonia but the x-rays don't. Been coughing up our lungs for 2 weeks!! Don't care, better to be sick at WDW than at home!!!!
I sure hope you are doing way better by the time you arrive and that your pneumonia isn't contageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Unfortunately we were a group of 4 also, and only had 3 color options during the first week of April. Blue, Black and Pink. We had no trouble keeping the 2 blue ones differentiated.

Someone else chime in if they know anything different.
We were at AKL last week eating at The Mara and it was still those 3 colors there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Great question about the mug colors!!! I am interested in knowing this too. We have 4 going and it woul be great if we could easy get a different color to prevent getting them mixed up. When we were at POP is Sept tit seemed liek they only had black, pink and blue there, but i saw people with yellow, green and purple around the parks. I really want the purple one ans DS wants green! Fingers crossed those colors are available when we arrive next Friday!
MK sells mugs with a purple handle, but they aren't refillable in the parks or at the resort. Haven't seen any green. Saw orange, I think it was from All Star Sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieshie75 View Post
Quick Question,
Hubby and i are coming wdw May18-22nd. It is our 2nd time staying on property (first was POR last July).
We have heard that this is the biggest resort. But yet all the rooms are close enough 5-10 mins from a bus stop. Also we are going for the honeymoon we never took(six years later lol) Is it hard to get a little pixie dust upgrade to I ask for it or just pray to god I get it.
To me it doesn't feel any bigger than POR.

When we went for our 20th Anniversary, I had that mentioned on the reservation when they asked if we are celebrating anything. That was the stay we were upgraded to water view from standard! Other than that, I didn't say anything at check in. We stay at Disney alot and in all our stays this was the first we ever got an upgrade.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #1860
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,588

We got an upgrade but we did not ask for it. We truly were very excited to be there and it showed on our faces. We got there VERY early in the morning. There were a lot of convention people there and the lady said she was glad to see some disney folks. She had a room in mind that was perfect for us but it was not ready yet soooo she kept looking to she got us a preferred room, water view. It was absolutely the perfect room for us. Because she felt bad taking so long, she gave us a voucher for a taxi to the MK to get us there by rope drop. I would pay for what you have to have, and then let the magic fall where it may. We have also gotten an upgrade at WL, not asking. When we have stayed other places in chain hotels, I often ask for free upgrades and more often than not get them free or for a small fee. Once we were upgraded from a standard room to a suit and she said it would be 10.00 a nite charge, in a several hundred dollar a night room. Never charged us that extra money. It was heaven.....our favorite upgrade.
MSSANDRA is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: