Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #1696
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Dh came home from work tonight and told me that he has been approved to
attend the MUSE Convention at the end of May! I'm going the first 2 weeks of
May with a friend. What to do??? Go to Disney TWICE in one month? Sounds
a little obsessive, even for me!
Why not, you only live once
Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #1697
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

28 days away from this cozy bed

Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1698
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

dtstampz - a person has to do what a person gots to do! Darn it! Pull yourself together and do it for the team!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #1699
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Great pictures and info! We've stayed at CSR 3 times, with a 4th coming in 46 days (not that I'm counting ), and your pictures have me more excited than ever!!! Thanks so much.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #1700
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Ilivetogo Great pics The images are so sharp. What camera do you use? I bought a new camera about a year ago and I hate it. Everything looks fuzzy all the time. Probably user error but I cannot figure out the dealy so looking to get another.
Semo233 Yes! They have very nice bathrooms including showers and lockers adjacent to the Dig Site pool just to the right as you are looking at Siestas. Also--there are nice bathrooms with showers at the spa/fitness center. I discovered them when I needed to use the bathroom while swimming at the Casitas quiet pool. I believe there was also an all-in-one body/hair shampoo in there as well.
Thanks! I had (notice I said "had") a Pentax Optio S12 ( http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Optio-D.../dp/B0012Q72I4 ) and I loved it!! However, on this trip it died. I had to use my cell phone for my last day and a half of Disney. Tragic!!! Anyway, I just replaced it with a new Pentax they offered on Woot last week. It's a 16MP and it's bright orange!! ha! ( http://www.bing.com/shopping/pentax-...rz18&FORM=HURE ) So far it's amazing! The shots I have taken at home since I got it are incredible.

Hopefully I can win the lottery so I can go back to Disney and try it out there!!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #1701
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

THANK YOU everyone for the nice comments on the pictures. I was more than happy to take pics while there -- thinking of my DIS buddies and what they wanted to see when I got home.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #1702
RmeDad
Mouseketeer

We can't wait either. Also 46 days to go. Our 2nd stay at CSR....LOVE THE PLACE!

1986-Buena Vista Palace, 1988-Off property Condo, 1993-Dolphin, 2004-Off property Condo, 2006-CSR, 2012-CSR, 2013-WL
, 2015-AKL Celebrating 46th year anniversary
Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #1703
Fluff724
Mouseketeer

We just got home from our first stay at CS. I didn't do any room requests and we were placed in Ranchos 6A. Not a terrible location, but not great either. We had previously stayed at all of the other moderates.

We really enjoyed the resort. Our room was so quiet and the beds were really comfortable. Did we just get lucky or is it always quiet? I found Caribbean Beach to be quiet also but the PO resorts were noisy as I recall.

My 5 year old loved the dig site and we loved the atmosphere and landscaping.

I am a big fan of the food courts at the moderates in general, but we visited the Pepper Market and found it to be kind of un-Disney in the food selection/counter area. Granted it was 9 at night, but it was kind of unkempt. I was surprised. Is it always that way? I guess I was expecting a food court similar to the ones at the other moderates.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would definitely stay there again. I'm glad we finally tried CS.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #1704
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Love your pics- Thanks sooo much:

QUESTION: Are the any of the smoothies, gelato, or cappuccino availiable as a snack credit or as part of a meal on the DxDDP? Or do you have to pay OOP for them?
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #1705
hedgehog2owl
Mouseketeer

Made our room requests for Castias 5. Only 9 days to go, eek!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #1706
cburek
Mouseketeer

We will be there tomorrow for the first time. Have always wanted to try CSR. Boys are excited to see the pool area.I am kinda hoping for a room in the Ranchos section. Just looking forward to exploring all there is to offer here.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #1707
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Thankyou for the great pics/information Ilivetogo!
I'll be at CSR in 3 weeks time for my first time at wdw and have requested anywhere in cabanas...hope i get in there even more now!

Can anyone advise if any of the below items are available as a SC on DDP? I assume not as the purple signs arent on there anywhere?

Also, in general, as the food places arent run by WDW are the DDP items at CSR sign posted as well as they are in the parks etc or if in doubt is it worth asking a CM?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
NEXT ... Cafe Rix had these menus up. (For some weird reason I didn't get the menu with the HOT choices (like pizza or omelets) but I got these.)

IMGP7137 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7138 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #1708
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
Thankyou for the great pics/information Ilivetogo!
I'll be at CSR in 3 weeks time for my first time at wdw and have requested anywhere in cabanas...hope i get in there even more now!

Can anyone advise if any of the below items are available as a SC on DDP? I assume not as the purple signs arent on there anywhere?

Also, in general, as the food places arent run by WDW are the DDP items at CSR sign posted as well as they are in the parks etc or if in doubt is it worth asking a CM?

Thanks!
When we got stuff with our dining plan, we asked (just to be sure) just about every time. At checkout, I'd just say "These are on the dining plan, right?" And just look for those little square purple dining plan icons. These were even on stuff at CSR. Like a yogurt parfait in the fridge, etc.

One time when we asked at Goofy's Candy Co., the checkout girl said Snack credits were good for items $5 and below. We noticed that the red candy apple was $6.99 (or something like that) and it was not a snack credit. The other candies, cupcakes, krispie treats, brownies, etc. there, that were like $4.95 and below, were all a snack credit.

It's no biggie just to ask.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #1709
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
dtstampz - a person has to do what a person gots to do! Darn it! Pull yourself together and do it for the team!
You are too funny, LOL! Since my boss doesn't mind if I take the week off, I
need to just go and have a great time. Again!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #1710
tinkerbelleinRI
Earning My Ears

23 days left! I've seen in some pics on one of the CSR threads that there is a vending machine(s). Is there only 1 or is there 1 in each section (casitas, ranchos, etc.)?

Though I think I am going to order from Turner Drugs. They seem to have good prices.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: