Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #151
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
It was at lunch on our arrival day which was last Saturday. It was very crowded and took a long time just to order the food at the stations. The wait for preparing the food was even longer. The meal took about an hour which I thought was surprising for a "quick service". Me and DBF really prefer the quickservice places with the touch screen ordering, and wound up going to the contemporary for breakfast on MK days bec the food was better and it was much quicker. Again, this was the only negative about our stay at CSR. I loved the resort so much!
That's very ironic. We ate at the Pepper Market last Saturday too! But we got there about 10 minutes before it closed at 2. It wasn't very busy then. But the wait for a fajita is ALWAYS long. We ended up getting chicken quesadillas because it's half the wait.

Promptly at 2 those gates went down. But they continued to serve those inside.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #152
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

25 Days here!!!

saskdw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #153
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
That's very ironic. We ate at the Pepper Market last Saturday too! But we got there about 10 minutes before it closed at 2. It wasn't very busy then. But the wait for a fajita is ALWAYS long. We ended up getting chicken quesadillas because it's half the wait.

Promptly at 2 those gates went down. But they continued to serve those inside.
We were there around 12:30 so that's probably why it was so packed. I got the chicken quesadilla also and dbf had a burrito. I thought the food was alright at lunch but did not care for my cold french toast and bacon for breakfast.
Did you try Maya Grill? It looked like such a pretty restaurant and hardly anyone was ever eating there. We just never had the time to try it and we wish we had.
By the way, wasn't the weather beautiful last week? It was by far the best weather I have ever had on any of my Disney vacations
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #154
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
We were there around 12:30 so that's probably why it was so packed. I got the chicken quesadilla also and dbf had a burrito. I thought the food was alright at lunch but did not care for my cold french toast and bacon for breakfast.
Did you try Maya Grill? It looked like such a pretty restaurant and hardly anyone was ever eating there. We just never had the time to try it and we wish we had.
By the way, wasn't the weather beautiful last week? It was by far the best weather I have ever had on any of my Disney vacations
If we ate there, it would have been back in the late 90's. I remember seeing signs for the buffet breakfast there years and years ago. I know we didn't do the breakfast there, but we may have eaten there once.

Last Friday was cold to me, especially in the morning and evening. The afternoon was nice and cool. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were beautiful!! We stayed at POP, but ate at the Pepper Market twice.
lovethattink is online now  
Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #155
DisneyEsther
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyEsther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 53

Smile Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
If you do on-line check-in there is a seperate line that is generally shorter and they already have your room assigned, keys made, park passes, and everything else ready to go. It's usually very quick. We don't use on-line check-in because we are particular about our room assignment. When using on-line because everything is already made-up it's a long procedure to change everything to a different room. Where as without they just need to find an available room if there is one because they have to make the KTTW cards anyway.

Downside for us is we might have to wait in a longer line and check-in takes longer. But we go for 14 days we don't want to be stuck in a room we don't like.
Well, we are in no rush once we get there. So I think regular check in will be fine. Especially since we are requesting connecting rooms. I know its just a request, but as long as my mother is right next to us we are fine. Thank you for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
We usually do online check-in, and we have changed oour room assignment there without any issue. But since this is your first trip to CSR (and to Disney), I'd probably do regular check-in. The CMs in the regular line will spend more time going over the information in your packet and will explain more about transportation, extra magic hours, and the resort in general. Have a great trip!
Yes, regular check-in sounds like the way to go for at least this trip. Alot to learn and see. Can't wait to see my son's face when he realizes we are not going to drop him off at school Thank you


25 Days Left until our First Trip
__________________
Me(32) DH(34) DS(13) DD(3)



Beach Club Villas: 09/07/14-09/13/14 My Mom's Birthday Surprise!
Yacht Club Resort: 08/11/13-08/17/13 Celebration for my son's tumors going away, soooo thankful!
Coronado SpringsResort: 12/14/11-12/21/11 First Visit!
DisneyEsther is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #156
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran
 
thesupersmartguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 3,008

Hola Everyone!

The new thread looks great! I'm working Front Desk/Resort Runner at Coronado so I am glad there is a place I can come see everyones opinions of this wonderful resort!

A quick update, they just finished redoing the floors in the lobby adding tile that looks like wood. It turned out great!
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.



Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #157
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
Hola Everyone!

The new thread looks great! I'm working Front Desk/Resort Runner at Coronado so I am glad there is a place I can come see everyones opinions of this wonderful resort!

A quick update, they just finished redoing the floors in the lobby adding tile that looks like wood. It turned out great!
Thanks for the update! And lucky you for working at CSR!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #158
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
Hola Everyone!

The new thread looks great! I'm working Front Desk/Resort Runner at Coronado so I am glad there is a place I can come see everyones opinions of this wonderful resort!

A quick update, they just finished redoing the floors in the lobby adding tile that looks like wood. It turned out great!
Wow...lucky you working at our "home away from home." Enjoy!
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now  
Old 11-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #159
pjhootch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 322

Well I just went ahead and completed online check-in, which means I'm 10 days away. Man do I need a vacation!

I figured online check-in was fine for us since we just aren't picky about room location at all. As long as we have 2 queen beds and a toilet we can walk wherever we need to be. It's been quite a few years since we stayed at CSR, but the last time we were WAYYYYYY out in the Ranchos, just about as far from the main building as we could get. We mostly loved walking around the resort despite the distance, so I decided there was no reason to make a room request and it will be nice to have tickets ready for us when we get there.

We were thinking about heading to MK for a couple of hours after checking in, but they close at 7 for the party and I don't think we'll get to the resort until 2:30, so we might go to Epcot instead.

Does anyone have an idea how crowded it might be before the MK party on 11/30?
pjhootch is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #160
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
Hola Everyone!

The new thread looks great! I'm working Front Desk/Resort Runner at Coronado so I am glad there is a place I can come see everyones opinions of this wonderful resort!

A quick update, they just finished redoing the floors in the lobby adding tile that looks like wood. It turned out great!
Thanks for the info. Any idea what the weather's supposed to do in the next couple of weeks? I packed today, but had a hard time deciding what to pack. I round up deciding to wear a pair of jeans on the plane with a light jacket. I also packed one pair of shorts, 2 prs of capris, and the rest long pants with five short sleeve tees and five long sleeve tees. I also threw in a sweat shirt, a thin windbreaker, a pr of thin silky thermal underwear, a pr of thin gloves, and a crocheted scarf/hat combo, along with one swim suit and a coverup. Too much? I never know what to pack for late Nov/early Dec trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhootch View Post
Well I just went ahead and completed online check-in, which means I'm 10 days away. Man do I need a vacation!

I figured online check-in was fine for us since we just aren't picky about room location at all. As long as we have 2 queen beds and a toilet we can walk wherever we need to be. It's been quite a few years since we stayed at CSR, but the last time we were WAYYYYYY out in the Ranchos, just about as far from the main building as we could get. We mostly loved walking around the resort despite the distance, so I decided there was no reason to make a room request and it will be nice to have tickets ready for us when we get there.
I'll be checking in next Sat (just 6 days). Can't wait. Like you I really, really need this vacation. I decided not to do online check in this time, because I'm so afraid of getting stuck out in the Ranchos. I'm hoping for Cabanas 8A (or at least somewhere in the Cabanas). Plus I had to book a split stay with the first night under the AP discount and the next seven nights under a bounceback deal I booked when I was there last May. I'm hoping I can stay in the same room for the whole trip though.
aubriee is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #161
pjhootch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I decided not to do online check in this time, because I'm so afraid of getting stuck out in the Ranchos. I'm hoping for Cabanas 8A (or at least somewhere in the Cabanas). Plus I had to book a split stay with the first night under the AP discount and the next seven nights under a bounceback deal I booked when I was there last May. I'm hoping I can stay in the same room for the whole trip though.
We didn't mind being in the Ranchos last time. I loved the bridge across the lagoon. There was one night when the walk back from El Centro seemed really really long, but otherwise it was nice and peaceful back there. The place was overrun with cheerleaders that trip during spring break. Oddly, there will once again be cheerleaders this trip because they are staying there for parade taping! lol. They weren't a problem at all, but it was funny having a bunch of giggling teenage girls in the hottub. Thank goodness it is a huge hottub.
pjhootch is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #162
szubieta
DIS Veteran
 
szubieta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 878

28 days here!! WOO-HOO!!!
Hoping for Ranchos by bus stop #2, and not too far from the Digs hot tub.
__________________




Dme DH DS8 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
szubieta is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #163
richkorn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 113

6 days!

Hoping for Cabanas 8a for the boys (ok, me too)

Haven't even started packing yet, starting tomorrow & will finalize Friday when we get more concrete weather report.
__________________
richkorn is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #164
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,032

24 days to go now. Seems like there will be a few of us DISers there at the same time. We paid for a waterview, I love my waterviews! requested Casitas 4 top floor. A room overlooking the quiet pool or the lagoon would be great and we use the fitness club so perfect location for us. Second choice this time would be waterview in any of the Cabanas. We had a nice pool view room in Ranchos 7b last time which we really enjoyed, but would like to try a different area this time.
saskdw is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #165
szubieta
DIS Veteran
 
szubieta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 878

Keep an eye out for us guys. I will have some DIS Green Mickey Heads in our window with some Tink and others Christmas things. I made so many for our Disney cruise I know I have lots of extra. DS 8 makes friends really easy and will love to have some pool buddies.
__________________




Dme DH DS8 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
szubieta is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: