Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #1621
audrey13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
They don't call themselves Mousekeeping. It's possible they didn't know who those envelopes were for.
Ahh, good to know!

1970s and 1980s - numerous trips as a child
Oct 1997 - off-site, May 2006 - CBR, Feb 2008 - CSR, Feb 2010 - AKL, Sept 2010 - AKL and Universal, April 2011 - off-site, April 2012 - CSR, April 2013 - Wonder Western Caribbean

October 11-15, 2013 - princess trip with DD4
April 5-13, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #1622
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

As I am reading through the over 100 pages of this thread, I thought I might introduce myself.

I'm Lisa Marie, and I admit I am the obsessive planner for our trips. We are headed to CSR for our first moderates stay in September. ( I don't think of the cabins as a moderate, even though that's how they are listed! )

We usually go value with free dining, but upgrade our dining to the DDP. I checked, and CSR is only $250 more with the free DDP. we thought it would be worth the money for the larger beds ( tall hubby and squirmy kids ), the pool/waterside, and a little bit bigger room.

I'm an Excel spreadsheet planner! I have a tab for our costs and deposits ( since we change things up a few times!), one where I plan out our daily parks from a crowd calendar, ( usually easyWDW), our ADRs, our packing list, a list of don't miss snacks and ones we haven't tried, and then one for misc reservations - BBB, Pirate's League, etc.

Last, I usually get a subscription to Ridemax right before we go and use it on my phone.

I also start packing a month out - pull out my Disney Box, suitcases, etc. we also pack outfits in a gallon bag for each day for each person - socks, underwear, shirts and shorts.

As I type this all out, it almost seems excessive. However, I ENJOY all the planning. And we always get to do the rides we want without waiting more than 15 minutes.

I was hoping everyone could tell me their favorite part of CSR so we can make sure we get to check it out while we are there!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #1623
heidia
Mouseketeer

Just checked in, casitas 5, ground floor, just like we requested. Even lucked out and got a corner room! Resort is even more gorgeous in person! So pleased with our choice so far!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #1624
semo233
DIS Veteran

Ticker

Last edited by semo233; 04-16-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #1625
semo233
DIS Veteran

Last Try!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #1626
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
They don't call themselves Mousekeeping. It's possible they didn't know who those envelopes were for.
LOL, I'm picturing a hardworking housekeeper looking at the envelope and saying, "what, they tip the exterminator but not me?"!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #1627
AllieV
DIS Veteran

I watched some guy's 15 minute video tour and have more questions now. I did read a bunch here, but since the search is disabled, asking is faster:

1) I see there are 3 types of housing. I think Casitas are only in the front and cost more. What about Rancheros and Cabanas locations? And does the map clearly show which is where? Are they mixed together? I can't seem to get a clear map up on my laptop.

2) The big cool pool looks to be directly across the lake from all the restaurants, etc., so kinda far. In September, would it be better to walk to the pool or walk to the restaurants? I have a 4-yr old.

3) I'm looking at a map that shows a 9B on it and that seems to be the most convenient to both the big pool and the front. Yes? is the building 9B?

4) The Mayan pyramid at the pool has steps but I never see a pic of people climbing it. Is it off limits?

5) Finally . . . which way do the busses go when they come in? To the right and around?

Thanks much.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #1628
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
I watched some guy's 15 minute video tour and have more questions now. I did read a bunch here, but since the search is disabled, asking is faster:

1) I see there are 3 types of housing. I think Casitas are only in the front and cost more. What about Rancheros and Cabanas locations? And does the map clearly show which is where? Are they mixed together? I can't seem to get a clear map up on my laptop.

Casitas do not cost more. You can book a preferred room which definitely puts you in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. But, you can also book a water view and end up anywhere on the resort for more money, too. The map should have the three sections labeled. From the main building going clock-wise: Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas.

2) The big cool pool looks to be directly across the lake from all the restaurants, etc., so kinda far. In September, would it be better to walk to the pool or walk to the restaurants? I have a 4-yr old.

The pool is really not a long walk from the main building. Each section has their own pool, which makes a total of 4.

3) I'm looking at a map that shows a 9B on it and that seems to be the most convenient to both the big pool and the front. Yes? is the building 9B?

Yes. 9B is in the Cabanas section.

4) The Mayan pyramid at the pool has steps but I never see a pic of people climbing it. Is it off limits?

Yes, it is off limits except for the first three steps. If guests were allowed to climb the pyramid that would be a huge liability!

5) Finally . . . which way do the busses go when they come in? To the right and around?

Buses do not go to the right first- that would put them in the opposite lane from the bus stops. Park buses enter from the entrance on Western Way. They stop at Bus Stop 2 first, (Casitas) Bus Stop 3 second, (Ranchos), Bus Stop 4 third(Cabanas), and Bus Stop 1 fourth(Main Building). Downtown Disney Buses start at Bus Stop 1 and continue on to 2, 3, and 4.

Thanks much.
Replies in red

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #1629
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey13 View Post
Ahh, good to know!
Mine were marked "For Mousekeeping" and they took them. So, I think some of them might know the public's term for them.
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #1630
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
Buses do not go to the right first- that would put them in the opposite lane from the bus stops. Park buses enter from the entrance on Western Way. They stop at Bus Stop 2 first, (Casitas) Bus Stop 3 second, (Ranchos), Bus Stop 4 third(Cabanas), and Bus Stop 1 fourth(Main Building). Downtown Disney Buses start at Bus Stop 1 and continue on to 2, 3, and 4.

does that mean by the time a bus gets to bus stop #4 it will be very crowded and keep on going instead of stopping?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #1631
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
does that mean by the time a bus gets to bus stop #4 it will be very crowded and keep on going instead of stopping?
That's exactly why I was asking. If I stay in the Cabanas, what are the chances of not catching a bus?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #1632
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

In my 4 stays at the Coronado, I have always used bus stop #4. There was only 1 time
when the bus was full, as I recall. So I don't think it's an issue!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #1633
audrey13
Mouseketeer

We were there the week before Easter, which was a very crowded week, and we found that there wasn't a problem getting on at bus stop #4 (cabanas) but that sometimes the bus would fill up when it got to bus stop #1 so not everyone waiting at stop #1 was able to board. There seemed to be more people waiting at stop #1 than stops #3 or #4 (we were at stop #3). We generally headed out about 30 minutes to an hour before the parks opened in the morning and we did not go to EMH parks so the experience may have been different a little later in the morning or with more "popular" parks (although we never saw anyone not able to board from stop #3).

1970s and 1980s - numerous trips as a child
Oct 1997 - off-site, May 2006 - CBR, Feb 2008 - CSR, Feb 2010 - AKL, Sept 2010 - AKL and Universal, April 2011 - off-site, April 2012 - CSR, April 2013 - Wonder Western Caribbean

October 11-15, 2013 - princess trip with DD4
April 5-13, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #1634
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
That's exactly why I was asking. If I stay in the Cabanas, what are the chances of not catching a bus?
Bus stop #4 (cabanas) will be the third stop picked up on the way to the parks, then the bus will continue to El Centro. We almost always use the cabanas stop, but we have caught the bus at El Centro as well. I have only stood once on a CSR bus in four trips, and it was leaving MK after Wishes.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #1635
serene56
DIS Veteran

How will the bus work for an early morning reservation at Chef Mickeys;

any idea of what a cab would cost?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: