Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1576
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootuzy View Post
we are returning to CSR for my DD sweet 16 birthday. Last time we went I was 7 months pregnant with my now 12 year old! I know we have a water view room, but after reading some posts realize this could mean a myriad of things. Anything I should request specifically? Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =)
The ranchos are the quietest, but I think the prettiest area is the casitas. We like the cabanas best, though, since they are close to the Dig Site and not that far from the main building. Not very helpful, I know . . .
Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #1577
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

Quote:
Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =)
The wife and I usually have a rental so we prefer the quite and peaceful area that are offered at the Ranchos 7B with the quite pool. With teens, they might prefer the Cabanas 8 A or Ranchos because of the pool and dig site with the slide.
Even when we walked to the El Centro it was not as bad as many make it out to be. We are both over 65 and not had a problem the the distances. Its not like being in the parks all day. What ever you close I 'm sure you will love it. I'm pleased that so many like the other area, it makes getting our request each time.
May 2005 Disney Cruise Lines (7 Day Western Carib)
April 2008 W.D.W (CBR)
April 2008 Disney Cruise Line ( 7 Day Eastern Carib)
December 2009 W.D.W - POFQ
December 2010 - POFQ
September 2011 - CSR
March 2012 - (7 Western Caribbean Cruise)
September 2012 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #1578
FBandA
How do I get to go back again?

At resort now, buses have been great for me to and from. Does not even seem like there are a lot of people here. Very happy with CM. Sad to be going home tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #1579
britfish
DIS Veteran

I am so bummed, we had to change our dates for our trip and now the only thing availbale is waterview. I just can't spend the extra $ for the waterview so we are now booked at CBR.
What are the chances a regular room will open during the free dining dates?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #1580
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
we are returning to CSR for my DD sweet 16 birthday. Last time we went I was 7 months pregnant with my now 12 year old! I know we have a water view room, but after reading some posts realize this could mean a myriad of things. Anything I should request specifically? Last time we stayed we were in Cabanas 8 and it was wonderful being close to the bus stop. Now that the kids are older and able to walk I am thinking a quieter spot might be preferred. Any thoughts? Would love to hear others' feedback and opinions! Thanks =)
Request either Casitas or Ranchos. The Ranchos are very quiet. But, close to the Dig Site. Casitas 5 has a water fountain. If you don't like your room location, just ask if anything else is available.

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #1581
TerrytownGrl
Mouseketeer

Peppermarket breakfast??

I had not realized that the Peppermarket is now a buffet for breakfast and lunch.

My DH and I are headed to CSR on April 21....question is this:

I had read that in the past, you were able to get a meal from the Peppermarket and eat it outside. Is this still true at the breakfast buffet? Can we fill a plate and eat it outside?

Not sure if I like the idea of $14 per adult for breakfast!!!

CSR - 25th Anniversary trip 2012
POP - Thanksgiving 2010 and POP - Thanksgiving 2008
POFQ - June, 2007 (Magic Music Days with DD dancing School)
Swan - May, 2003 CBR - May, 1989
Disney Inn - May, 1987 (honeymoon)
Offsite - May, 1992, August 1983, August 1982 & June, 1979
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #1582
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrytownGrl View Post
I had not realized that the Peppermarket is now a buffet for breakfast and lunch.

I had read that in the past, you were able to get a meal from the Peppermarket and eat it outside. Is this still true at the breakfast buffet? Can we fill a plate and eat it outside?

I did not see anyone taking their food to go.. nor did I ask to. There were no more trays or food containers out, that I saw at least. I have to admit, I missed eating outside for breakfast.

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #1583
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The price for breakfast was $14,99 per person plus tax and there is also suggested gratuity...they seat you and a waitress brings beverages...I did not see anyone taking trays to go...not to say you can't, I just didn't see anyone doing it...because it is a buffet people were going back and forth more more food or courses whih would be more of a hassle if you were sitting outside..

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #1584
DisneyMomma1
Mouseketeer

We are headed to CSR in a couple of weeks - do they provide microwaves on request?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #1585
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:

You cannot take breakfast or lunch to go. You can still take dinner to go. Cafe Rix has some breakfast items. I think the buffet will be much more popular with convention people than with leisure guests - CSR may need to increase breakfast options at Cafe Rix for leisure guests. We rarely eat breakfast at the resort, though, unless we eat food we brought in our room. Convention people would be likely to eat at PM every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma1 View Post
We are headed to CSR in a couple of weeks - do they provide microwaves on request?

Thanks!
Yes, you can ask at check in. They are first come, first served, and there is no charge for a microwave.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #1586
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:

Not at breakfast or lunch anymore. I was there Nov 26th-Dec 4th when the change was made. I got my favorite fruit plate to go one day for lunch and took it back to the Cabanas quiet pool (next to my room) to eat and read. The very next day (Dec 4th), not knowing it was changing to a buffet, I tried to do the same thing. The CM at the check in desk informed me that they were no longer doing carryout for breakfast or lunch. I told her I had just done it the day before. She told me it had changed to a buffet that very day and they now could only do take out for dinner.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #1587
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

8 Days Until We Arrive!

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #1588
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

34 more days!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #1589
TerrytownGrl
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=StitchandPooh'sMom;44574036]You cannot take breakfast or lunch to go. You can still take dinner to go. Cafe Rix has some breakfast items. I think the buffet will be much more popular with convention people than with leisure guests - CSR may need to increase breakfast options at Cafe Rix for leisure guests. We rarely eat breakfast at the resort, though, unless we eat food we brought in our room. Convention people would be likely to eat at PM every day.

Thanks everyone for your replies about breakfast. You guys are the best and this thread has been so helpful in getting me psyched up about our upcoming stay at CSR! We will be arriving in 1 week, 1 day!! Can't wait!!

CSR - 25th Anniversary trip 2012
POP - Thanksgiving 2010 and POP - Thanksgiving 2008
POFQ - June, 2007 (Magic Music Days with DD dancing School)
Swan - May, 2003 CBR - May, 1989
Disney Inn - May, 1987 (honeymoon)
Offsite - May, 1992, August 1983, August 1982 & June, 1979
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #1590
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
8 Days Until We Arrive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
34 more days!
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your replies about breakfast. You guys are the best and this thread has been so helpful in getting me psyched up about our upcoming stay at CSR! We will be arriving in 1 week, 1 day!! Can't wait!!
So jealous of everyone going soon - June cannot get here fast enough for me! I hope everyone has a magical time!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: