Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #1516
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto8 View Post
We are staying at CSR at the end of April and both DH and I are coffee drinkers. We are trying to plan what kind of coffee to bring as we always bring our own since we don't like what they provide. I've just recently heard about the coffee makers with the pods and am assuming they have them in all the rooms now at CSR. Do you know if that is correct or are they still switching them out?

Also where did you find the pods? I've looked at Wal-Mart but they don't have them at ours.

Thanks!
After looking at 2 grocery stores and the closest Walmart at home, we finally found pods at another Walmart near my work.

My wife has a coworker that has a pod coffee maker. She reports the pods are getting harder to find.
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #1517
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hello, I have a question regarding room location. Which area do you think is best for 2 adults, no kids, with no interest in pool at all, wanting a quiet and romantic spot? I want to make a request when I add my package on in June. TIA -Amanda
I think the casitas are the most romantic with the fountains and the courtyards, especially at night. Casitas 4 and 5 are non-preferred and are close to the first stop picked up on the way to the parks (bus stop #2), as well as the fitness center, spa and salon. There is also a quiet pool and laundry near casita 4. Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred rooms. Ranchos are also very quiet and a bit more remote. Cabanas are very popular with families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom06 View Post
My boys would like to know if they can go up for seconds at the breakfast buffet like they do at CP. Is that allowed at Pepper Market?
Yes, as much as they want.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #1518
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

Also want to confirm that wifi is up and operating.

The Dig Site pool is nice and large. The kids love the water slide. First night we were here, the CMs started a fire in the fire pit and let the kids, and us big kids, roast marshmallows.

Also, yesterday noticed our refrigerator wasn't cooling well. Called front desk and within 5 minutes someone came to look at it.

It was then that he informed me that it wasnt a refrigerator, but a cooler/chiller. But he agreed it wasn't as cool as it should be and they replaced it. It started cooling a bit. Haven't opened it since then. Will check in a bit to see how it does.

One note, the control for it is in the very back on the left hand side in the bottom corner. But, since it's located in a cabinet, you'll have to pull it out to get to it, then by putting your arm along the right side, you can find the control.
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #1519
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Also want to confirm that wifi is up and operating.

The Dig Site pool is nice and large. The kids love the water slide. First night we were here, the CMs started a fire in the fire pit and let the kids, and us big kids, roast marshmallows.

Also, yesterday noticed our refrigerator wasn't cooling well. Called front desk and within 5 minutes someone came to look at it.

It was then that he informed me that it wasnt a refrigerator, but a cooler/chiller. But he agreed it wasn't as cool as it should be and they replaced it. It started cooling a bit. Haven't opened it since then. Will check in a bit to see how it does.

One note, the control for it is in the very back on the left hand side in the bottom corner. But, since it's located in a cabinet, you'll have to pull it out to get to it, then by putting your arm along the right side, you can find the control.
Not sure if the CM mentioned it to you, but it will get colder if you leave the cabinet door open.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #1520
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Thanks for the info StichandPoohsMom, I put the request in for Casitas 4 or 5. The CM said the resort is very accommodating so hopefully we will get it. Plus its so far in advanced. Thanks again -Amanda
Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #1521
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Can I use the coffee maker to just heat up water and use my own instant coffee like Stabucks via?
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #1522
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Can I use the coffee maker to just heat up water and use my own instant coffee like Stabucks via?
Yes you can do this. If you just run a cycle without a pod in there you can heat up water.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #1523
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Can someone give me a crash course? I am doing a splity stay at ???? for 3 nights and 3 nights BC CL in June. I am torn between POFQ (have stayed there before and found it nice) and for a change of pace CSR. I am concerned the resort is crazy huge. I need to be able to walk to hte food court and pool. DD13 is an only child so she is traveling with me and DH.

Is this a good resort choice for us? We plan to use the pool 2x during our stay and have 2 foodcourt meals. What area would be best suited for our needs? I have a 35% off pin that is available at CSR but not POFQ..grr...so thought I would investigate CSR.

We ate at PM last year, I don't know why we drove over here, can't remember but I have to say I didn't LOVE IT or think I wanted to stay here. It didn't grab me but I was only in the food court.....

Thoughts? I am a YC BC expert but in the dark over here! thanks much.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #1524
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Can someone give me a crash course? I am doing a splity stay at ???? for 3 nights and 3 nights BC CL in June. I am torn between POFQ (have stayed there before and found it nice) and for a change of pace CSR. I am concerned the resort is crazy huge. I need to be able to walk to hte food court and pool. DD13 is an only child so she is traveling with me and DH.

Is this a good resort choice for us? We plan to use the pool 2x during our stay and have 2 foodcourt meals. What area would be best suited for our needs? I have a 35% off pin that is available at CSR but not POFQ..grr...so thought I would investigate CSR.

We ate at PM last year, I don't know why we drove over here, can't remember but I have to say I didn't LOVE IT or think I wanted to stay here. It didn't grab me but I was only in the food court.....

In reality, the resort is large. But, the grounds are beautiful. If the distance form the food court is super important, I would suggest booking a preferred category room. This places you in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. The Casitas are beautiful with all of the fountains. It also has a great quiet pool! PM has really delicious food. You can also order food from the main pool at Siesta's or from the Laguna Bar, which is closer to the main building.

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #1525
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:

Well, we are slightly biased toward CSR on this thread.

I haven't stayed at POFQ and don't care much for the theming, so I am not sure how much help I can be. I do have a DD12 (and a DD9), and I do think CSR has a much better pool for elementary and older kids than POFQ. DD12 ranks the CSR pool second only to Stormalong Bay of all the pools at Disney. Both of my kids have enjoyed CSR a lot.

POFQ is much smaller than the other three mods, so any of the others will feel large compared to POFQ. The pool and the food court at CSR are not in the same place - you can be close to one but not the other, or you can be a 5-7 minute walk from each if you are in the middle. We prefer the cabanas section because it is close to the Dig Site, but less than ten minutes to the food court. CSR has four bus stops, while POFQ has one. Your room will not be far from a bus stop - there is one in each section and one at the main building. CSR doesn't share buses, and the transportation is usually very efficient. Park buses travel from casitas to ranchos to cabanas to the main building, so you could ride a bus from your room to the food court or to another area of the resort, but it is not that big unless you have mobility issues. Preferred rooms are casitas 1, 2 and 3 - close to the food court but about ten minues to the pool.

Pepper Market has changed since last year. It is a buffet for breakfast and lunch, but it is still quick service. It is a great value on the DDP and not a bad value when paying OOP. For dinner, PM is still a la carte.

CSR has other food choices if you don't want a buffet. Cafe Rix is open all day and has grab n go items, some breakfast sandwiches, sandwiches, salads and pizzas. Laguna Bar is an outdoor bar with tables, but it is family friendly. It is open for lunch and dinner and has sandwiches and pizza. Siesta's is at the pool and also has some lunch and dinner choices.

The CSR rooms are very comfortable. There are sliding wooden doors between the room and the vanity, which are great for privacy or for getting ready without waking everyone up. CSR has a fitness center, spa, salon, and room service. Toiletries are similar to the deluxes instead of the other mods - shampoo and conditioner are separate instead of being a combo like the other mods and values.

We're happy to help if you have any questions!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #1526
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Although I have not stayed at POFQ (theme and pool do not appeal to me but the rooms pics are lovely), I have stayed at YC. I will try to compare a few things.

Bus Service--We found it excellent. Nice bus stops with covered seating, ceiling fans, vending machines, piped in music. Only had one wait over 10 minutes. Very comparable time wise to parks as YC/BC but found the bus less crowded at CSR.

Food--Better CS choices BY FAR over YC/BC although CSR TS cannot hold a candle to YC/BC choices. Very nice having lunch and drinks right at the pool without leaving the eyesight of your party. Quicker service than HH too.

Pool--Obviously SAB is bigger with more bells and whistles but CSR dig site is awesome. Your DD will love the slide here. It is really fun and you don't have to walk accross a public walkway for the entrance LOL. The pool is huge and has loads of seating and tables. Never crowded. The quiet pools are very nice and we used the one in the Casitas a few times.

Rooms--Smaller rooms than YC/BC but not by much. Furnishings are impressive and in great condition. Desk and chair but no daybed/couch. They have the light duvets like YC/BC that really brighten the rooms and the beds are VERY comfy. Also found the room to be very quiet. Never heard a neighboring room but only the occasional hum of rolling luggage on the outside walkway. Also liked having the central AC unit. I don't care for the wall unit type of the other mods/values.

Resort Size-- It is a large resort (not as big as many claim) but because you are walking outside instead of long interior corridors, it doesn't feel like a big deal. There is so much to look at with the beautiful landscaping. If you are eating at PM, I would suggest a room in Cabanas or preferred in Casitas. We stayed preferred Rm in Casitas 3 and loved the location. We went to El Centro usually 2 times a day or more but to the pool only once a day so preferred was a great spot for us. Apx 3 minutes to PM/Gift Shops/Front Desk, Apx 4 minutes to bus stop #2, Apx 3 minutes to Casita quiet pool/fitness center/spa, Apx 6-7 minutes to Dig Site.

HTH

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #1527
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Although I have not stayed at POFQ (theme and pool do not appeal to me but the rooms pics are lovely), I have stayed at YC. I will try to compare a few things.

Bus Service--We found it excellent. Nice bus stops with covered seating, ceiling fans, vending machines, piped in music. Only had one wait over 10 minutes. Very comparable time wise to parks as YC/BC but found the bus less crowded at CSR.

Food--Better CS choices BY FAR over YC/BC although CSR TS cannot hold a candle to YC/BC choices. Very nice having lunch and drinks right at the pool without leaving the eyesight of your party. Quicker service than HH too.

Pool--Obviously SAB is bigger with more bells and whistles but CSR dig site is awesome. Your DD will love the slide here. It is really fun and you don't have to walk accross a public walkway for the entrance LOL. The pool is huge and has loads of seating and tables. Never crowded. The quiet pools are very nice and we used the one in the Casitas a few times.

Rooms--Smaller rooms than YC/BC but not by much. Furnishings are impressive and in great condition. Desk and chair but no daybed/couch. They have the light duvets like YC/BC that really brighten the rooms and the beds are VERY comfy. Also found the room to be very quiet. Never heard a neighboring room but only the occasional hum of rolling luggage on the outside walkway. Also liked having the central AC unit. I don't care for the wall unit type of the other mods/values.

Resort Size-- It is a large resort (not as big as many claim) but because you are walking outside instead of long interior corridors, it doesn't feel like a big deal. There is so much to look at with the beautiful landscaping. If you are eating at PM, I would suggest a room in Cabanas or preferred in Casitas. We stayed preferred Rm in Casitas 3 and loved the location. We went to El Centro usually 2 times a day or more but to the pool only once a day so preferred was a great spot for us. Apx 3 minutes to PM/Gift Shops/Front Desk, Apx 4 minutes to bus stop #2, Apx 3 minutes to Casita quiet pool/fitness center/spa, Apx 6-7 minutes to Dig Site.

HTH
Thank you so miuch! That was a great help. I really appreciate the insight and time! Off to study the facts!!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #1528
Momto8
Proud Grandma to Abigail, Iris, Heather, Emma, Gabrielle, Daniel, Stephen, Michael, Grace & Madelynn born 5-28-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
After looking at 2 grocery stores and the closest Walmart at home, we finally found pods at another Walmart near my work.

My wife has a coworker that has a pod coffee maker. She reports the pods are getting harder to find.
Thanks RobertLC! I'll check a couple of other Wal-Marts near us to see if they have them. I'll also check Kohls and Target too.

Did you try the coffee pods they supplied at the resort? Just wondering if they are strong or weak in case I can't find any pods (we like strong).
CBR 1/2015, AKV Jambo House 5/2014, POP 1/2014, US/IOA/WDW 5/2013, POP 1/2013, ASMo 8/2012, CBR 4/2012, SSR 2 BR Villa 12/2011, POP 5/2011, POP 10/2010, CBR 8/2010, POP 5/2010, POP 1/2010, POP 9/09, POP 9/08, POP 9/07, POP 9/06, POP/POR 6/05, ASM 12/04, POR 6/04, CBR/AKL 6/03, ASM 12/02, RPR 7/02, POR 6/02, USF/IOA 12/01, Dolphin 6/01, ASM 3/01, Dolphin 12/00, CSR 7/00, ASMo 12/99, BWI 6/99, DXL 12/98, ASM 12/98, YC 6/98, DXL 6/97, ASM 7/96, Offsite 8/95, 3/85, 5/79, FW 4/75, DL 8/64
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #1529
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersgram View Post
They have two pin books at Ponchitos. You just have to ask one of the CM's. There is a book in the front and a book in the back where you pick up packages.
Thank you so much!
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #1530
FBandA
How do I get to go back again?

Leaving tomorrow for CSR I will be taking the train and getting a taxi to CSR will I be able to get help to take my luggage to my room? Just DS16 and I, DH has had enough of Disney wait till he sees what he is missing out on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: