DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

BWV standard veiw?

Hi, I have been to BWV alot of times with a PV...but this trip is standard..

I know there is a map that shows the veiws, but I can't find it now...

was wondering if anyone has it..and if I request near lobby would that be good?

thanks
amy
corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

I'm sure someone will come along with the map. My only advice to you would be be careful with a standard view request that is close to the lobby. That could put you right in front on the RAC desk & bell services. It could be noisy in the morning. We prefer quiet & the long hallways don't bother us so we ask for away from the elevators. The CM at check-in said that is a request they don't hear too often! We had a lovely room all the way at the end of the 3rd floor overlooking the canal & the corner of the parking lot. It was very convenient for parking because we just came in from the back entrance & walked up the stairs. We also had a double balcony since we were the last room on the corner. If you want quiet ask to be away from the elevator. If you don't want to walk far than close to elevator is for you. If you could somehow manage to get a room about 1/2 way down I think that would be just about perfect. HTH.
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Thanks,

So it is just the rooms overlooking the entrance that are standard? any one of those rooms would be OK...

We wont have a car, so we would prefer near the lobby.

thanks
amy
Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Just know that BWV doesn't always honor your request.

We requested near the lobby, and were given a room 5 doors from the very end. However, hubby explained that we needed that room closer to the elevators because of my feet...and wasn't too picky (I just wanted something in the first bend...not the second) ...and got something closer.

As long as you pass at least 5 doors on one side...you'll be ok.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
deedisneydream97
Mouseketeer

We once got a standard view 1 bedroom on the 4th (I think) floor. It was directly above the spot where you can get your boarding passes and drop off your luggage for MME and airport. The beeping of the trucks backing in started really early in the morning, but was okay towards evening (which is our favorite time to sit on the balacony and people watch.....and watch illuminations! It was nice being close to the elevator, but it was far from the parking lot and the quiet pool (our preference). I do request certain rooms, but those requests aren't always honored (understandable). We actually enjoy our standard view one-bedroom....unless we get stuck with one that has a tree blocking the whole view from the deck. They really need to start doing something about those trees!!! I see alot of the preferred view rooms overlooking the quiet pool also have tree issues. I'd be pretty peeved to pay for preferred and end up looking at a tree. I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.
deedisneydream97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisneydream97 View Post
We once got a standard view 1 bedroom on the 4th (I think) floor. It was directly above the spot where you can get your boarding passes and drop off your luggage for MME and airport. The beeping of the trucks backing in started really early in the morning, but was okay towards evening (which is our favorite time to sit on the balacony and people watch.....and watch illuminations! It was nice being close to the elevator, but it was far from the parking lot and the quiet pool (our preference). I do request certain rooms, but those requests aren't always honored (understandable). We actually enjoy our standard view one-bedroom....unless we get stuck with one that has a tree blocking the whole view from the deck. They really need to start doing something about those trees!!! I see alot of the preferred view rooms overlooking the quiet pool also have tree issues. I'd be pretty peeved to pay for preferred and end up looking at a tree. I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.
Yep, this is the exact reason I NEVER request near the lobby. There is a price for this view. I prefer as far away as possible. We were there last week and I has the last studio near the exit for the Studios door. Only once did they try to put us near the lobby/elevator. I walked into the room and looked out the window and realized where I was and I slowly backed out of the room without touching anything and luckily for me, they gave me another room.

I agree about the trees. Just last week while at the BWV I was on the third floor and the tree was blocking our view even that high up...! Then later I moved to a 1 bedroom and had ground floor facing the bus terminal, which was a great spot. It was ground floor, but that has many pluses too! Great for zipping out the exits and to the pool. Not a great view of any type of fireworks.

As mentioned getting a request here is not an easy task. I seldom get any requests here and we stay at the BWV at least 3 times a year. However, I did use online checkin for both reservations and got into my room upon checkin. One was at 8:30AM for a 1 bedroom. So I weigh my options....requests or room ready.....I seldom get both.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisneydream97 View Post
I've also wondered why they only have the one bank of elevators.
DVC admitted at the annual meeting I attended a few years ago that it was a design error. They said it could not be fixed but they would keep it in mind for future resorts.

They have had a "design error" at almost every DVC resort. OKW the initial units did not have a second entrance into the master bathroom in a 1 or 2 bedroom. At VWL, there's a studio without a balcony. At BCV, some of the dedicated 2 bedrooms were built too small to hold 2 queens in the second bedroom. BLT had the issue with the bathroom sink in the kitchenette.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
JWG
DIS Veteran

These tools may help:

1) Room finder at DVC News
http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...able&tableid=6

2) Resort Map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

The standard views are on the outside (facing the driveway) along the purple, green and yellow parts of the map.

We just returned from a stay in the yellow. While a mile from the lobby - it was great for us. The exit was literally underneath us. We could easily walk to the bus stop or DHS. We had no noise or disturbance. Our view was the waterway between us and valet parking. We were kitty corner from the Luna pool. Great location. And, on the 3rd floor.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

thanks for all the replies

I just don't want to be near Jelly Rolls...so I guess no chance of that...with the standard veiw.

thanks again
amy
Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
saopaulo
Earning My Ears

subs
saopaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY

I will be going to dw and staying at the bwv in January in an 1 bedroom standard. I requested top floor over looking the bus stop-buses that o to the parks, should I change this request will we hear the loading and unloading of the magical express?

[
[IMG]http://i31

Last edited by dis2cruise; 11-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
I will be going to dw and staying at the bwv in January in an 1 bedroom standard. I requested top floor over looking the bus stop-buses that o to the parks, should I change this request will we hear the loading and unloading of the magical express?
If you're overlooking the bus stops to the parks, you're 1/2 down the hall, and the ME busses and luggage people shouldn't be bothering you.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
If you're overlooking the bus stops to the parks, you're 1/2 down the hall, and the ME busses and luggage people shouldn't be bothering you.
Thanks let's hope they will honor our request

[
[IMG]http://i31
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
2binak
DVC Owner

Here's a link to a thread that contains a nice map showing the different room views.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hlight=bwv+map

I agree with others that a standard view, close to lobby request could result in your room being very close to main entrance where there's lots of car & bus activity & it could be quiet noisy. I remember saying to DH as we were getting our boarding passes, "I'd hate to be in one of those rooms" as I pointed to the rooms that were right above the airline check-in desk.

There is an entrance & sidewalk at the end of the building that is closest to the parking lot. You could use to get to/from the bus stop. Use Google satellite to get a close-up view of that area of the resort.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
Thanks let's hope they will honor our request
Sometimes your request is just not available, it's not really a case of "honoring" your request or not. Most DVC resorts run close to full.

Anytime I have requested "across from the bus stop", I've been there or farther down the hall (one time scored the corner 1 bedroom). Never been close to the entrance, many people request close to elevator so they are probably happy to see someone requesting not close.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: