Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #286
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Well, it is official. We are staying at POR this trip.

Oddly, the determining factor was the ferry ride to DTD! Hubby hates to find a parking space in DTD! Of course, I'm sure that means our room will be as far away from the ferry landing as humanly possible!

I am happy and pleased to announce that not only did I sell my baby quilt I have been trying to sell for a year and a half...but the woman that bought it LOVED it!

I am always so scared that when someone gets the item I made they will not think it is worth the money. Especially when I discovered that the buyer is a quilter! Using D~'s method of calculating...in order to pay for the dining that may or may not be free...I need to sell a minimum of 10 in the next 9 months. Since the last one took almost 2 months to make I really don't see that happening!

(My daughter reminded me this weekend that if it weren't for all the meds I take I could sell a kidney for Disney! Don't you just LOVE helpful children!)

I did talk my husband out of buying me a new car. Mine will be paid for in a couple of months. I'm sure if he saves the car payment money for a few months we could have the money for the dining plan...if only he saw it that way! He sees it as other things we need around the house.. like a rail around the deck at the pool (well, maybe he is right on that one...)

...and I DID manage to take care of my machine problem without buying that new machine I wanted....

Somehow I think I will need to come up with a better plan to pay for it! LOL

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #287
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post

Oddly, the determining factor was the ferry ride to DTD! Hubby hates to find a parking space in DTD! Of course, I'm sure that means our room will be as far away from the ferry landing as humanly possible!

I am happy and pleased to announce that not only did I sell my baby quilt I have been trying to sell for a year and a half...but the woman that bought it LOVED it!

I am always so scared that when someone gets the item I made they will not think it is worth the money. Especially when I discovered that the buyer is a quilter! Using D~'s method of calculating...in order to pay for the dining that may or may not be free...I need to sell a minimum of 10 in the next 9 months. Since the last one took almost 2 months to make I really don't see that happening!

(My daughter reminded me this weekend that if it weren't for all the meds I take I could sell a kidney for Disney! Don't you just LOVE helpful children!)

I did talk my husband out of buying me a new car. Mine will be paid for in a couple of months. I'm sure if he saves the car payment money for a few months we could have the money for the dining plan...if only he saw it that way! He sees it as other things we need around the house.. like a rail around the deck at the pool (well, maybe he is right on that one...)

...and I DID manage to take care of my machine problem without buying that new machine I wanted....

Somehow I think I will need to come up with a better plan to pay for it! LOL

Nini
Yay about POR... Even more YAY about selling your quilt - that is awesome! I am exactly the same way when I sell something - I sit there on pins and needles (sometimes to the point of crying), because I am so afraid that people won't like my stuff.

I can't imagine anyone not liking your quilts - they are amazing!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #288
cogero
DIS Veteran

Yeah on having your hotel figured out.

Also Congrats on selling the baby quilt.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #289
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, just saw that today is POR's twentieth anniversary... since I officially booked to day, I wonder if I get a prize....probably not... LOL

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #290
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
Heigh ho, heigh ho, off I go to check out the Coral Reef menu.

<---- oh, wait, escargot, that's for Le Bistro

Try this

<----- well, that's probably more for SciFi Dine In

Possibly

<----not sure if they're 3 scuba divers or 3 "friends" in the shower

How about

<-----bye, for now, gonna check out the Coral Reef menu
Quote:
MAGIC!!!

My reply to you showed up before you posted.
LOL! How'd it go with the menu?

Quote:
I just had to tell SOMEONE!!!

I missed a call from the Spa...they are ready to send Bubba home! Now, all I have to do is find a way to get the time to drive the 3 and a half hours round trip to go get him...the $150 is the easy part!

And..... I called the TA that I love and we have reserved a room at Coronado Springs for Nov 23 to Dec 3! Hubby isn't happy about the CSR part (I DID tell you about the problem we had last year didn't I?) but he is happy that I finally
have the dates I want. (now, if only free dining will appear I will cancel that bounce back for good!)

Don't get excited...this doesn't mean we have the dates set in stone...if there is no free dining we may not go....

Nini
Glad Bubba is fixed and ready to come home!

Sorry you had such a hard time with CSR. It's my favorite resort. We have been blessed to be near the parking lot each time. Even when we were in Casitas 5 lake view, we still were close to the lot. Our problem that time was finding ramps for the medical stroller in Casitas 5. We were right by 2 sets of stairs, didn't do much good though!

Have you stayed at POR before? The newly remodeled rooms look awesome! I think I like them better in look than the princess rooms. The blue skirted chairs looked so pretty.

Have you called disabilities about the room request? I'd strongly suggest doing that. While it's still not 100% garunteed, your chances are much better getting the request through them than through reservations.

I'm sending you a pm for info of a person to contact about the comp rooms who has helped me in the past.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #291
babynala
DIS Veteran

Yippie for having your Nov/Dec dates and for getting your hotel picked out. It seems that last year they started the free dining back up on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will the same for 2012.

Glad you were able to get your machine fixed and congrats on selling your quilt. Its owner is lucky to have such a beautiful piece of art.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #292
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Cheryl... Are you finally planning another trip??? Let me guess... You're gonna surprise the girls and I while we are down there?

D~
Okay, okay, I confess. While my left hand wasn't looking my right hand "clicked" so I'm going on a C.O.W.* trip Feb. 27 - March 5. (I have to be back for my mother's cardiologist appointment on March 7. We'll have to wait for the cruise to meet.)

*Cheapskates Ofthe World

Quote:
I just had to tell SOMEONE!!!

I missed a call from the Spa...they are ready to send Bubba home! Now, all I have to do is find a way to get the time to drive the 3 and a half hours round trip to go get him...the $150 is the easy part!

Nini
That was quick.

Quote:
I thought I had put this in the early pages, but just discovered (after reading the first 10 pages) that I had left out that particular instance. SO if it was in here...somewhere after the first 10 pages...or you already heard me ranting about it...just ignore this post! LOL!

Mr D weighs a little over 110 lbs. He is a big boy. He takes meds three times a day that makes him go to sleep for a couple of hours. When we go to Disney, we rent a special needs stroller. He uses it as a hiding place when he gets over stimulated; he uses it as a napping place when he needs to nap; and he uses it as a chariot! When we come back from the parks he is out cold! We usually don't come back until the parks close, so he is out and heavy to carry.

We always ask for a ground floor (he has elevator and stairs issues)close to the parking lot. We never have problems getting that since no one wants a view of the parking lot!

On our last Nov/Dec trip we had a problem. DIL checked in before we did (by a couple of seconds) and told them it was fine that they did not have a ground floor room ready. (We had connecting rooms - that makes it easier for us to babysit at night!) My CM did not speak English well at all...and she was in training. I told them the room would not work at all, and she insisted there were no other rooms available. Even if I chose to wait there would not be another room available the whole trip! (yes, I knew better!)

Well, not only was the room not on the ground floor, but it was as far away from the parking lots as possible! After seeing the room I knew it was going to be a problem. I asked to see a manager, and the best they could do was to move us after the weekend. THAT was not going to be a help, since Mr D doesn't handle change all that well. So we decided to keep it.

That was on Saturday. Monday morning, we discover there is no hot water! And the cold water was just a trickle! I called the front desk and was assured they were taking care of it. When we left for the parks, we discovered they had blocked the sidewalk to the parking lot for some 'construction' . Now let me say here... I normally do not complain a lot. At least not to managers and things like that. I complain to my husband, but basically I do nothing. The construction detour made us have to walk all around the building to get to the parking lot. When I say it took over 10 minutes to go from the room to the car ...was NO exaggeration!

This went on for the whole week! It was Friday before we had hot water again. One odd thing we did notice...we were the ONLY people in the whole building! They moved everyone else out because of the water issues!!

Can you say I was not happy at ALL!

But, before you think they didn't compensate us for our inconvenience...on our last day at the parks (Sunday) we came back to the room to find a letter of apology and two deflated helium balloons with an autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie wishing us a Happy Holiday!

When we got home, Disney got a strongly worded email ...and their response was two nights comp on any moderate room. We will probably never use the comp rooms, because we cannot add dining or tickets to it and cannot add the nights onto a package.

So, there you have it...why I do not like CSR. Are we going to actually try there again? Stay Tuned!

(reading that ....wow I do seem to be a drama mama!)
Nini
It's one of the great ironies of Disney. They can be so amazing with pixie dust SOMETIMES and so lousy other times. I've had both, and I prefer the amazing ones.

Quote:

Nini
Hooray for POR. After much research that's where I was going to stay last year but they gave me a free upgrade to OKW. Honestly, I think I would have preferred POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
LOL! How'd it go with the menu?
I checked it out.

Does it seem a bit cannibalistic (one n or two?) to be eating fish as you watch they swim by?

I also went back to the CRT menu and it looks like they dont have root smash anymore.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #293
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, okay, I confess. While my left hand wasn't looking my right hand "clicked" so I'm going on a C.O.W.* trip Feb. 27 - March 5. (I have to be back for my mother's cardiologist appointment on March 7. We'll have to wait for the cruise to meet.)

*Cheapskates Ofthe World

That was quick.

It's one of the great ironies of Disney. They can be so amazing with pixie dust SOMETIMES and so lousy other times. I've had both, and I prefer the amazing ones.

Hooray for POR. After much research that's where I was going to stay last year but they gave me a free upgrade to OKW. Honestly, I think I would have preferred POR.

I checked it out.

Does it seem a bit cannibalistic (one n or two?) to be eating fish as you watch they swim by?

I also went back to the CRT menu and it looks like they dont have root smash anymore.
I can see it now .... You pointing to a fish swimming by and then down to your plate as you mouth: This is you if you don't behave in there.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #294
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I can see it now .... You pointing to a fish swimming by and then down to your plate as you mouth: This is you if you don't behave in there.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #295
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #296
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

We love POR. Congrats on picking a resort!
sl_underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #297
DMGeurts

Quote:
You have GOT to be kidding Cheryl... You are going to miss me by ONE DAY!!!! C'mon, stay that extra day so we can finally meet! You'll still be home by the 7th.

D~
Old 02-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #298
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Cool

So glad you got your machine back. I don't understand the rudeness of that shop. But I guess when they know people will drive 1.5 hrs to see them they really don't care. I am fortunate there are two local shops that repair sewing machines and one of them actually is a Brother's dealer. If you lived closer they give all the extras and free lessons when you buy any of their machines.

Yeah for booking POR. I think it was on the DISboutique board about all your trouble you had That is just unacceptable. I can't believe they only gave you a comp for 2 nights that you can't use on days ending in "Y"

Quote:
My favorite from last year was Coral Reef, and it is the one I am looking forward to this year the most.

Nini
We are actually eating there for the first time on this trip.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #299
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
You have GOT to be kidding Cheryl... You are going to miss me by ONE DAY!!!! C'mon, stay that extra day so we can finally meet! You'll still be home by the 7th.

D~
I thought about it, but I was afraid you would lose your incentive to win the free cruise for all of us, and it just didn't seem fair to everyone else if I got to meet you and they didn't.

D~ + =

Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #300
DMGeurts

Quote:
I thought about it, but I was afraid you would lose your incentive to win the free cruise for all of us, and it just didn't seem fair to everyone else if I got to meet you and they didn't.

D~ + =
D~ - =

D~

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: