Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #256
Lidian
DIS Veteran
 
Lidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
LOL! As if your thread hasn't been hijacked a few times! I now feel like I belong! "You like me, you really like me!" (said in my very best Sally Field impersonation.)

Nini
If you'd like, we can all take turns hijacking your thread! I have a class in a few moments, so I'll try to come back later with something hijack-worthy.
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS8 DS8months Stormy
2009 - June 6 - 11 @ AS Movies ~*~*~ 2010 - April 24 - May 1 @ CBR Pirate ~*~*~ 2011 - May 22 - 27 @ CSR & 28-29 offsite ~*~*~ 2012 - March 3 - 9 @ CBR ~*~*~ 2014 - October 1-10 @ POR

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)


Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #257
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,210

Nini, super glue?! I hope your machine can still be fixed. Sorry getting a new machine didn't work out. I hope you are able to set a date soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
Sorry you are so stressed. I know what you mean about him knowing something one day and then having trouble with it the next. I could have written that post. School is frustrating for us too. It is hard to teach someone who constantly has to relearn.

I wish I had some great advice but like you, I am muddling through. I am always willing to listen though.

Nini and Lora, I'm right there with you. One step forward and two steps back. Never doubt homeschooling for a minute. Where else would our children get undivided one on one tutoring/mentoring/life skill practice/etc. all day on a daily basis?

JJ lost reading, addition, and subtraction over our New Years break. I gave him from Dec 27 when he had his 48 hour EEG til Jan 3, and that was too much time and he lost it. Little by little he is getting it back, but he's having to add and subtract actual objects on his table. He lost all he had memorized. The reading is more of a challenge. Here he retained all the phonics he memorized, what he lost was the ability to blend them together to sound out a word.

I guess we just have to tackle each challenge as it comes, and help them overcome their obstacles. I'm so proud of our little overcomers! They are thriving so much better than in the public school system!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #258
cogero
DIS Veteran
 
cogero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 4,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
LOL! As if your thread hasn't been hijacked a few times! I now feel like I belong! "You like me, you really like me!" (said in my very best Sally Field impersonation.)

Nini
okay this one really really made me laugh.
__________________
Chiara
DVC Member since 7/08 Cast Chiara , Gerard , Chiara Michelle (12), Jimmy (6) Sami (6/5/13)

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #259
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

OMG Nini I can't believe he superglued it

Is he the only repair person that you can take it too
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #260
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
LOL! As if your thread hasn't been hijacked a few times! I now feel like I belong! "You like me, you really like me!" (said in my very best Sally Field impersonation.)

Nini
ROFL... I know I've hijacked here before. I agree, I think my thread is just one constant hijacking... Maybe I should take up residence over here?

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #261
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,702

Well, today I am FINALLY going to get my machine to the shop. I don't like to drive ...I have complicated migraines. Stress has been known to bring them on. Anyone that knows Atlanta traffic knows driving in Atlanta can be very stressful! You put all that together, (along with the fact that I have been getting migraines a lot lately) and driving for an hour and half one way is not a great idea.

Hubby is off today, so we will take a trip to the other side of Atlanta. Mr D is happy, because that means he gets to eat lunch out!

The good news...I sold one of my baby quilts! I am so excited! They got a deal....It is half price...and when you consider the amount of time I put into it...it was priced low to start with!

Now I have a bit of extra cash to breathe a bit.

===========

My Disney plans for today did include putting the down payment on a trip with Nov/Dec dates, but now I have to wait to see if the machine is going to make itself available to purchase...('cause you KNOW they just wait around until I have no money to spend before they show up!).

I actually found a refurbished one for a little over $500. Reading their definition of refurbished gives me confidence that it is a good machine. Still am not 100% sure I want to buy vs fix the one I have... but I can't afford the one I really want, so those are my only options this year!

HOWEVER...next year you will be seeing me jump up and down, screaming all the way...as I have been promised the income tax refund will be MINE to get a new machine! (of course, as we all know, life happens and something all ways happens to get in the way.)

So...some good news...and a wee bit of Disney news... right?


Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #262
cogero
DIS Veteran
 
cogero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 4,432

Safe Travels Today Nini and I hope that things work out with the machine
__________________
Chiara
DVC Member since 7/08 Cast Chiara , Gerard , Chiara Michelle (12), Jimmy (6) Sami (6/5/13)

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #263
aboveH20
DIS Veteran
 
aboveH20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
===========

HOWEVER...next year you will be seeing me jump up and down, screaming all the way...as I have been promised the income tax refund will be MINE to get a new machine! (of course, as we all know, life happens and something all ways happens to get in the way.)

So...some good news...and a wee bit of Disney news... right?


Nini
<-----------helping with the jumping
__________________
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the oceans' depths submariners are protecting our freedom.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #264
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,278

Yay that the tax $$ is yours! I hope you have a great trip today and it isn't too stressful for you. I also hope they are able to fix your machine - if they can't, due to the super glue - I would make sure they give you a GREAT deal on a new machine.



D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #265
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer
 
GrammytoMany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 159

Nini,
That nice that your DH will be able to drive you to the repair shop. I hope he is able to fix it..and if he can't I hope he compensates you...since he used super glue on your machine.

Nice news that you sold one of your quilts...always nice to have extra $ on hand. (One of my granddaughter's is looking over my shoulder and wanted to know if I could use the banana man in my 'e-mail' because she likes him. So I'll show her this message if it goes through. I keep getting messages that the server is busy.

Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:26 AM   #266
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,702

No Disney news today.

But Bubba is now at the Spa.

I really wish the people at the Spa were nicer.

Or maybe if they just had better customer service.

I guess that is what happens when you have a captive audience!


When we dropped Bubba off, I was told I could not speak with the repairman because he was too busy. The woman filling out the form listened to me ramble for about 15 minutes with her eyes glazed over and wrote down..."tension". Oh well!

Then I spied my husband giving the Super Big Boy Bubba the eye. The sales lady was not the friendliest in the world. Considering that my family, the sales lady, the lady that wrote tension and the repairman were the ONLY people in the store, you would have thought they would be more chatty! They seemed to be more interested in their pot of coffee that it evidently took all three of them to make! (hubby said we should have brought our Keurig and showed them a good cup of coffee and then they might have spoken to us!)

I could not get a demonstration of the machine. They gave me very little information. Told me no, never, ever will they give a sale on the prices, they do not offer any extras (like most dealers do), they do not give classes on the machine, and they do not have any in stock. (It would take about 3 to 6 weeks to get a machine in.)

I was so upset that Super Big Boy Bubba had to remain in that environment I was begging hubby to let me bring him home. I mean SBB Bubba promised to be very well behaved and not cause too much trouble...but that adoption fee was just a bit too steep yesterday.


Of course, hubby like the way he looked. Even he could see the advantage of him over little Bubba.

I was told that when I decided I had enough money to get SBB Bubba I am not allowed to adopt him from the Spa. I will make the plunge and have the adoption done across state lines. There is a really nice Spa in AL that offers free shipping as well as some extras thrown in.


(now I think it will be interesting to see if anyone can de-cifer my whole story above! LOL)


Worked on our income tax last night. Another few hours doing some fine tuning and I will be ready to send it off. When hubby saw the amount we were getting back, he sighed a big relief sigh and said he was glad we had enough to pay for Disney...(we are getting less than we normally get, but still almost double what we need to pay for Disney....) And I reminded him that next year I get the whole amount for SBB Bubba. (at what point he reminded me that both cars are about to be paid for...I think he is planning on getting me the machine a bit earlier than income tax refund time!)



See, I did manage to at lest get a reference to Disney in here!


Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #267
cogero
DIS Veteran
 
cogero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 4,432

I don't blame you for going across state lines instead of dealing with that shop. I can't believe how rude they are.

Yeah for income tax refunds.
__________________
Chiara
DVC Member since 7/08 Cast Chiara , Gerard , Chiara Michelle (12), Jimmy (6) Sami (6/5/13)

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 AM   #268
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer
 
GrammytoMany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 159

That's awesome that DH seems to be thinking about helping you get Big Bubba earlier than next year.


I'd love a small simple machine to leave here at my daughter's house (I don't like to use her's in case she is working on a project or if it breaks while I was using it) but my DH thinks it's silly to have 2 machines when you can only use them one at a time. I just don't like dragging my back and forth which I haven't done lately...too much of a pain.

Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #269
aboveH20
DIS Veteran
 
aboveH20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
No Disney news today.

But Bubba is now at the Spa.

I really wish the people at the Spa were nicer.

Or maybe if they just had better customer service.

I guess that is what happens when you have a captive audience!


When we dropped Bubba off, I was told I could not speak with the repairman because he was too busy. The woman filling out the form listened to me ramble for about 15 minutes with her eyes glazed over and wrote down..."tension". Oh well!

Then I spied my husband giving the Super Big Boy Bubba the eye. The sales lady was not the friendliest in the world. Considering that my family, the sales lady, the lady that wrote tension and the repairman were the ONLY people in the store, you would have thought they would be more chatty! They seemed to be more interested in their pot of coffee that it evidently took all three of them to make! (hubby said we should have brought our Keurig and showed them a good cup of coffee and then they might have spoken to us!)

I could not get a demonstration of the machine. They gave me very little information. Told me no, never, ever will they give a sale on the prices, they do not offer any extras (like most dealers do), they do not give classes on the machine, and they do not have any in stock. (It would take about 3 to 6 weeks to get a machine in.)

I was so upset that Super Big Boy Bubba had to remain in that environment I was begging hubby to let me bring him home. I mean SBB Bubba promised to be very well behaved and not cause too much trouble...but that adoption fee was just a bit too steep yesterday.


Of course, hubby like the way he looked. Even he could see the advantage of him over little Bubba.

I was told that when I decided I had enough money to get SBB Bubba I am not allowed to adopt him from the Spa. I will make the plunge and have the adoption done across state lines. There is a really nice Spa in AL that offers free shipping as well as some extras thrown in.


(now I think it will be interesting to see if anyone can de-cifer my whole story above! LOL)


Worked on our income tax last night. Another few hours doing some fine tuning and I will be ready to send it off. When hubby saw the amount we were getting back, he sighed a big relief sigh and said he was glad we had enough to pay for Disney...(we are getting less than we normally get, but still almost double what we need to pay for Disney....) And I reminded him that next year I get the whole amount for SBB Bubba. (at what point he reminded me that both cars are about to be paid for...I think he is planning on getting me the machine a bit earlier than income tax refund time!)



See, I did manage to at lest get a reference to Disney in here!


Nini
The women at "my" repair shop aren't very friendly either. When I took my PE-770 last year while it was under warranty they saw I bought it from Amazon, not them. Since they charge $100 just to look at the machine I'd think they'd be glad to get a lot of repair business no matter where it was purchased.

I wonder if the stores get so many more lookers than buyers they've become jaded over the years. "My" store had a couple used machines that I was mildy interested in seeing, but didn't dare ask because of their non-friendly nature. Ironically they have a VERY friendly ad on the radio.

We're waiting for one more 1099 so we can do our taxes. [ ] <------ insert little yellow guy tapping his foot

PS I hate to be asked what's my favorite anything, because it takes me too long to process, review, eliminate, so I'm not asking YOU what your favorite restaurant at WDW is, but what is ONE you especially enjoy???
__________________
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the oceans' depths submariners are protecting our freedom.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #270
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
The women at "my" repair shop aren't very friendly either. When I took my PE-770 last year while it was under warranty they saw I bought it from Amazon, not them. Since they charge $100 just to look at the machine I'd think they'd be glad to get a lot of repair business no matter where it was purchased.

I wonder if the stores get so many more lookers than buyers they've become jaded over the years. "My" store had a couple used machines that I was mildy interested in seeing, but didn't dare ask because of their non-friendly nature. Ironically they have a VERY friendly ad on the radio.

We're waiting for one more 1099 so we can do our taxes. [ ] <------ insert little yellow guy tapping his foot

PS I hate to be asked what's my favorite anything, because it takes me too long to process, review, eliminate, so I'm not asking YOU what your favorite restaurant at WDW is, but what is ONE you especially enjoy???
You would think that my husband asking if they took his credit card would have tipped them off hat we were serious buyers...especially when he pulled it out!

See, my favorite restaurant changes each year! LOL! As a family we love Crystal Palace (lots of sentimental reasons there); Garden Grill (another sentimental favorite); and CRT (the BOYS asked to go last year!). My husband and kids love Biergarten...me...not so much. A bit too noisy for me. It had all the things I hated about Germany...but at least had the food which I loved! My favorite from lat year was Coral Reef, and it is the one I am looking forward to this year the most.

How's that for a brief answer?


Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: