Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #166
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Believe it or not... I use a lot of the zip-loc bags too... They really do come in handy. I always carry a couple of empty ones, I don't normally put my phone into any unless I am going on a wet ride though.

D~
I used to only put my phone in if we were going on a wet ride...but I kept forgetting! So now I keep it in a plastic bag and all is right in my world! (this is coming from the same person that becomes completely unreachable on Sundays because I forget to turn my phone back on after church services!)

I have some sort of a cold thingy going on. All the yucky sinus stuff, chest congestion and pain, but zero fever! Since I am extremely susceptible to pneumonia, I have to watch it. Yesterday was spent in my jammies on the sofa, napping and surfing the web!

I did manage to get my spreadsheets started (nothing fancy like others!) but a quick guide to let me know what is on what day etc. Since I have to make 2... well it kept me busy. Of course, I really have to wait for the park hours to come in so I can really get the rest of it done, but it feels good having it at least started. So far I have used the info from this year's park hours and info to make a tentative plan for next year. It also has my info for first and second choices for ADRs for both dates. I added a line for the shirt/outfit to help with the planning.

My son and DIL have announced that they will be going to Disney at about the same time we are...just a few days earlier, staying for Thanksgiving day and leaving a couple days after we get there. I was very good and did not offer to plan her stuff...and truthfully, I am not sure if she was waiting for me to volunteer that or not!

My Daughter and SIL have announced that they are postponing having a baby by a few months (my daughter is needing some surgery on her wrist and wants to get it taken care of before they have a baby) so the only thing standing in our way of going on our preferred dates of November / December is free dinning being offered during that time frame!

I will now be stalking the Disney sites looking for info on when that will be released (I am refusing to say 'if').

I did see a rumor that the new Be Our Guest restaurant 'might' be opened as soon as this summer. If so, I will be one of those crazy people trying to get in there for our trip. Which of course will be a completely different set of customs!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #167
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I finally got a finished t shirt for this trip, so I thought I would attempt to post it here.

I also finished (sort of) the mannequin form for the AG doll. It is not perfect by any means...but it is my first try at something like this and it is workable. I'm hoping to get some time to make a better one soon.

Nini

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #168
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I finally got a finished t shirt for this trip, so I thought I would attempt to post it here.

I also finished (sort of) the mannequin form for the AG doll. It is not perfect by any means...but it is my first try at something like this and it is workable. I'm hoping to get some time to make a better one soon.

Nini
I love shirt.

I also love the dressform so cute.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #169
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Nini!!! I love that AK shirt!!! That is super cool!!!

And great job on the AG dress form - they are really nice to have.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #170
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nini
The shirt is amazing. I the embroidery.

I'm still looking for a headless AG doll for the same reason.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #171
babynala
DIS Veteran

Love the AK shirt and I can't wait to see what your AG dress form will be wearing this season. That came out really nice.

Did you see the All Ears Net newsletter this week? It mentioned a bounce back offer and listed some dates in there. That might be a good indication of what dates will be open for free dining.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #172
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Love the AK shirt and I can't wait to see what your AG dress form will be wearing this season. That came out really nice.

Did you see the All Ears Net newsletter this week? It mentioned a bounce back offer and listed some dates in there. That might be a good indication of what dates will be open for free dining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
The shirt is amazing. I the embroidery.

I'm still looking for a headless AG doll for the same reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Nini!!! I love that AK shirt!!! That is super cool!!!

And great job on the AG dress form - they are really nice to have.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I love shirt.

I also love the dressform so cute.
Thanks everyone. Seeing the pictures of the dress form show me it is not stuffed enough. I'm not sure I want to stuff some more or wait until I get some 'real' stuffing and try again on another one!

Since my sewing studio is done in Classic Mickey colors (red, white, black and yellow with lots of dots!) I wanted the dress form to have those colors... but wanted it light so that it wouldn't clash with the dress colors that might be on it...I'm not sure the yellow dots is the best choice. Still working on the color and fabric choice of my next one!

My second shirt with the same design did not turn out the way I expected. The fill stitch made a couple of holes in the shirt. Not terribly noticeable, but I don't want to have those holes in MY shirt. So I have to work on it a bit to see what I can do to prevent it in the next shirt. I'm thinking I should add some solvy to the top and that should work fine. Just VERY upsetting!

Time to visit the dreaded grocery store today! Plus I get to go by Sams and get a couple of Disney Gift cards for the trip....

Nini

Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #173
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

THAT was weird! I Swear your quote wasn't there a minute ago...and now I see it was on the top of my multiquote....

My dates are currently listed as the bounce back for 35% off...so hoping that is a good sign for free dining! (although it seems unlikely that they would offer two different options for the same dates...)

If that is the best they do I would prefer them to continue the military salute for another year...it has better % off!

Still hopeful!

Nini

Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #174
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Time to visit the dreaded grocery store today! Plus I get to go by Sams and get a couple of Disney Gift cards for the trip....

Nini
I don't mind going to the grocery store so much, what I don't like is planning the meals so I can make a list.

I did pretty well at the church quilting group yesterday. They make fairly small quilts for children to be distributed at "crisis" centers. I think your tip about pinning the seams really helped, plus I'm using cotton this year, not flannel. Flannel s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s- so much.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #175
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Tell me more about these "chilly pads". I don't think I ever heard of them.

Quote:

Nini
Love the AK shirt. The color of that shirt is perfect. And I think you did a good job on the AG dress form. It looks really cute.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #176
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
I don't mind going to the grocery store so much, what I don't like is planning the meals so I can make a list.

I did pretty well at the church quilting group yesterday. They make fairly small quilts for children to be distributed at "crisis" centers. I think your tip about pinning the seams really helped, plus I'm using cotton this year, not flannel. Flannel s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s- so much.
Glad my 'cheats' helped! And you are sooooo right about flannel! But, still I line my quilts with flannel??!!

...I never did make it to Sam's. so I STILL have to go into town on MOnday to get the Gift Cards for the Disney trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Tell me more about these "chilly pads". I don't think I ever heard of them.

Love the AK shirt. The color of that shirt is perfect. And I think you did a good job on the AG dress form. It looks really cute.

Chilly pads are my new favorite thing for touring in the heat! They are from a company called Frogg Toggs. Basically a chamois-type fabric that is stiff when dry, but cold to the touch when wet. They work best in places with low humidity, but still work pretty good in the humid Florida late summer.

I first heard of them from a friend. Her daughter has mitochondrial disease and has problems over heating. They keep a couple in their car at all times. A quick wet and they give you a feeling of instant cool. We carry ours in a zip plastic bag to keep other things from getting damp. LOVE them. I took them when they were still slightly damp and embroidered our names on them....not that MY kids fight over things!

About a year ago, GolfSmith had them on sale. They are usually around 15 a piece...but a misprint on their website was selling them at 2 a piece. So I ordered 4 of them. Even with shipping it was less than the price of one. I really didn't expect to get them. I was sure that once they saw the misprint they would apologize, but I wouldn't get them...WRONG! They stood behind their advertised price.... I now feel guilty that I have never bought anything else from them.

Thanks....I really like the way the shirts turned out...with the exception of the holes the fill stitch made...grrrrr....and I already know how the next dress form will look a hundred times better... (better sewing and better stuffing! LOL!)

Today, we are off to spend "Christmas" with my Dad and step Mom down in South GA. We are taking the whole gang with us (except for middle son... who is anti family gatherings!) I have finally put the new DVD players in the van (to replace the ones that were stolen the day we left for Disney) and the kids are excited about watching movies on the two hour trip! I 'think' hubby has bought my Dad his gift certificate to WalMart (my Dad won't let us give him a present...and we know he is struggling financially, so we always give him WM gift cards so he can buy whatever he needs). I need to get my kids up and showered and dressed...maybe even fed if they are good!

It has been so long since we have traveled anywhere in the day time it is going to be interesting!

Nini

Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #177
cogero
DIS Veteran

Have fun celebrating with your family Nini. I love Frog Togs.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #178
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Enjoy your day with family today.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #179
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Chilly pads are my new favorite thing for touring in the heat! They are from a company called Frogg Toggs. Basically a chamois-type fabric that is stiff when dry, but cold to the touch when wet. They work best in places with low humidity, but still work pretty good in the humid Florida late summer.

Today, we are off to spend "Christmas" with my Dad and step Mom down in South GA. We are taking the whole gang with us (except for middle son... who is anti family gatherings!) I have finally put the new DVD players in the van (to replace the ones that were stolen the day we left for Disney) and the kids are excited about watching movies on the two hour trip! I 'think' hubby has bought my Dad his gift certificate to WalMart (my Dad won't let us give him a present...and we know he is struggling financially, so we always give him WM gift cards so he can buy whatever he needs). I need to get my kids up and showered and dressed...maybe even fed if they are good!

Nini
The chilly pads sound interesting. The last couple years I've had the opposite problem --

Hope you had a good day with your father and step mother.

In car DVD players must be such a godsend. They weren't around when my kids were young. (We never drove to WDW, but went to the Jersey shore, Maine, etc. and family trips.)

Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #180
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I am going to have to check those Chilli Pads out.

Cherly ---> Nintendo DS are a life saver too Great for the airplane or trips to Maine

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: