Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #31
Cin
DIS Veteran

Mom and I will be staying at POP for just 1 night and I know what I want for breakfast now. Chocolate. Pastry. YUM. That alfredo looks great too and we will be having lunch as soon as we get checked in so I think that will be something I will suggest to her we split since we are paying OOP. Thanks for the pics! We have a tea at the GF tea room and I am sooo excited about going now seeing your pics of the hotel.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post43986114
2013 Pre Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871882
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2012 - Pop Century/Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - Pop Century
Prince Charming is staying home and I'm going to Disneyworld!
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #32
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I have to tell you if we were at WCC and had a screaming kid like that we would have walked out and found another place to eat...we cannot stand screeching like that if the parents do nothing about it. When we were kids if we acted up our parents took us right outta there and that is how my sister is with her three girls. I know its WDW and there are lots of kids around and I would not care at a CS but at a TS gimme a break!

We had dinner at Tokyo Dining and it was super loud but no screaming kids until right when we finished dinner. A family with 4 kids sat next to us and the little one was just screaming her head off and the parents didnt do a thing...thank goodness we were done with our meal.

I think the noise can and crying/screeching kids that run all over the place can totally ruin a dining experience.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #33
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Mom and I will be staying at POP for just 1 night and I know what I want for breakfast now. Chocolate. Pastry. YUM. That alfredo looks great too and we will be having lunch as soon as we get checked in so I think that will be something I will suggest to her we split since we are paying OOP. Thanks for the pics! We have a tea at the GF tea room and I am sooo excited about going now seeing your pics of the hotel.
Thanks for stopping by !! You must get that chocolate croissant. And I recommend the Alfredo, too. I love the Grand Floridian and it is hard to get good photos there. So when you actually go there, it will BE much better than it looks in the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I have to tell you if we were at WCC and had a screaming kid like that we would have walked out and found another place to eat...we cannot stand screeching like that if the parents do nothing about it. When we were kids if we acted up our parents took us right outta there and that is how my sister is with her three girls. I know its WDW and there are lots of kids around and I would not care at a CS but at a TS gimme a break!

We had dinner at Tokyo Dining and it was super loud but no screaming kids until right when we finished dinner. A family with 4 kids sat next to us and the little one was just screaming her head off and the parents didnt do a thing...thank goodness we were done with our meal.

I think the noise can and crying/screeching kids that run all over the place can totally ruin a dining experience.
I agree. I would never let mine act like that either. As a matter of fact, we didn't go many places when they were little because we didn't want to get into a situation like that. Even at the ages they are at right now, we don't take them out too late. They just get too hungry and cranky. What blew me away about this particular occasion was that there were so many adults and they were just ignoring her. It was really dysfunctional. WCC is really loud anyway. I think the decibel level at the restaurant that night helped drown out the screaming. This was our 6th trip to WDW, and I think this trip I noticed more screaming kids. They were everywhere !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #34
jecskc
DIS Veteran

So I just wanted to share that our next trip to Disney will be exactly 14 days. Two weeks. A fortnight as they say across the pond.

We are staying at the Boardwalk and we are really excited and hope for good weather. We will be on the dining plan again and our ADR's are as follows:

Captain's Grill - dinner
Whispering Canyon - Breakfast
Garden Grill - Thanksgiving Dinner
Via Napoli - Lunch
Cape May Cafe - dinner
Crystal Palace - breakfast

We are looking forward to trying out some different CS spots as well. Mainly Flametree BBQ in AK. And I MUST get me a mickey head pretzel this time. Gotta have one of those !!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #35
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Kona - Breakfast

We got up early because we had a 7:30 AM breakfast ressie at Kona. We got there a little early and Kona opens at 7:30 AM, so we just hung out and took some photos.

Sorry Ö. I stink at taking dark photos.

Finally, we got in and got seated. I made a note of DDís nut allergy on our ressie. In some places, I donít have to worry at all. But here, with all of the macadamia nuts they use to cook here I didnít want to risk cross contamination. So we ordered drinks, coffee for us sodas for the kids, and waited for the chef to come out. He was really nice and smiled a lot and was very accommodating.

DH ordered this platter. It was called Two Eggs Your Way but it also came with potatoes, bacon and a biscuit Ė and a pineapple wedge.

The potatoes were good but the eggs were kinda runny. Bacon and biscuit were OK. DH didn't really enjoy this and he isn't a picky eater, so it must have been bad.

DD got Mickey waffles. They werenít on the menu, but the chef said he could get some for her, so she was really happy. So loves the Mickey waffles.

I got pancakes with sausage

I was really in the mood for these and to me they were really good. The sausage is really good, too. It was thick and moist and had a lot of flavor.

DS got French toast.

He said it was really good, better than the French toast he had at Everything Pop and ate all of it.

I really liked the breakfast here and the kids seemed to like it but DH didnít really enjoy his. And the ladies at the hostess stand were not super friendly. I really loved my pancakes and since I am now on a very strict low carb diet, I think of them often - and I miss them. But DH wasn't feeling it, so we will trying out some other breakfast spots instead of coming back here again any time soon.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #36
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 - World Showcase Food and Wine Festival !!

We decided to head in over at the Mexico side. We waited a little while Ė about 5-10 minutes and then they had a little opening ceremony and we were let in.

And then I decided that it really wasnít too early to drink, so I stopped and got a fiesta margarita. But I asked them to leave out the mango, which I donít really like. And here is DH sharing it with me.

It was yummy and since this day was still pretty warm, we were all about some frozen margarita action. It wasnít AS hot on this day as the others, but still Ö. It was high 80ís. What made it better was it wasnít as humid.

Then on to Germany.

DS wanted a pretzel and I needed a beer, so we got some. I was a little peeved that their dining plan system wasnít working and I had to pay for it instead of using a snack credit. I mean was had saved our snack credits specifically for Food and Wine.

I forgot to take photo before we ate it. It was really good and the beer, an Oktoberfest, was really cold and refreshing.

So then I went over the Karamel Kuche and got DD some chocolate covered mashmallows with caramel drizzled over them

Which she really enjoyed. I had a bite and I liked it, too. And for DH and I, I got a dark chocolate covered caramel with salt on top. Isnít is beautiful ??

This was soooo yummy. The salt made it taste good with the beer. True story. Also, this would taste amazing with a cup of coffee. The same thing happened there with the snacks credits and I had to pay OOP. Annoying !!

Moving on to Italy. I hit the food kiosk here and got some ravioli and a frozen primavera. DS snagged us a nice shady bench and we ate.

Snack credits still not working and I had to pay OOP - AGAIN !! The manager was at the register trying to solve the problem and I told her it was really BAD that we couldnít effectively use our snack credits. She said she was sorry and I knew that it really wasnít her fault, but I was very frustrated with it. I wasnít mean, though.

Anyway, I ordered two of the ravioli dishes and I got one bite. The kids LOVED these things and eat them so fast. I drank the primavera as the kids werenít into it. It was good, but could have used some booze in it. DS asked if we could get some more, but I wanted to move on.

Next up France !!

DD always wants to stop at the kiosk that serves these ice cream cones. It is vanilla and chocolate swirl and they are really good.

France is my favorite Food and Wine kiosk. Mainly because it has my favorite drink, the Parisian Cosmo slushie !!

And their food is good, too. I got the coq au vin and even though it didnít look very appetizing, it tasted really good.

I thought the short ribs that they had the last two years were better though. I contemplated getting another Parisian Cosmo slushie, but I didnít want to wait in line again. We were all getting pretty tired by this point.

We moved to Canada.

I just love the landscaping here. So pretty.

I went to the Canada Booth and got us some soup.

I just love this soup. How can you go wrong with cheese, bacon and beer ?? Sooo yummy. I got a Moosehead to go with it. Too bad that they donít serve that soup with pretzel rolls at the F&W booth. The soup is even better with those.

We had planned on eating more, but our Kona Breakfast filled us up so we werenít very hungry. And I was sad that we had not planned to do this another day because there were so many things I wanted to try or experience again.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #37
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Artistís Palette - dinner

The plan for this day was to eat dinner at the Artistís Palette for dinner. So we headed over there.

My DH is epitome of the Southern Gentleman. He ALWAYS holds the door for me.

DH and the kids got a table while I ordered. They had these little easels set up around so the kids could draw.

I thought that was nice touch.

The lights on the ceiling.

For dinner, DH and I shared the chicken toga wrap.

It was really good. The kids were disappointed that our meals didnít come with French fries. But I really loved the chips. They were yummy, crunchy, carbohydrate goodness.

The kids each got chicken nuggets

They really liked the chicken. For dessert DH and I shared the carrot cake

DS got chocolate cake

And DD got worms in dirt.

All good. No complaints.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 8 Ė Tonyís Town Square - Lunch

We spent the morning in MK enjoying the 40th anniversary with 100,000 other people and got to Tonyís for our noon ADR for lunch.

We were seated outside and since it was such a gorgeous day, we didnít mind.

We had a good view and it was fun to people watch. I donít remember our waitressís name but she was really nice and did a good job.

DH and I ordered the zucchini fries as an appetizer.

We really liked these !! We got DS to try one and he was horrified when we told him what it was. He liked it until we told him what it was. Whatever. We are trying so hard to get them to try new things and like veggies. It is slow, but we are making progress.

Some more photos of our view.

The Celebrate parade went by, but this CM with the balloons was blocking our view the whole time.

DD and DS ordered Mickey ravioli.

DD didnít eat much but DS ate all of his and the rest of DDís. They both said that they were good, but not as good as the ravioli at the Italy F&W booth.

I had the baked ziti

I liked it and ate it all. The bread was good, too.

DH got the Chicken Parmesan

He liked it a lot, but wished it had more sauce. Mine had lots of sauce, so I gave him some of mine.

For dessert DS got vanilla gelato.

DD got an ice cream sundae

DH got the cheesecake of the day. Which was apple pie or spice or something.

He said it was really good.

I got the ice cream bomb.

It was really good, too !! We really liked Tonyís and would go back again.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer

Bummer that balloonman was blocking your way!

I so want to try a parisian cosmo slushie, do they only have them during Food and Wine?
jenandjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #40
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjuice View Post
Bummer that balloonman was blocking your way!

I so want to try a parisian cosmo slushie, do they only have them during Food and Wine?
Unfortunately, yes. They are only sold at food and wine. Which is tragic, really. Those things are soooooo good !! A nice substitute is the Grey goose slushie at the kiosk there in France that is always there. Everyone talks about the Grand Marnier one, too. But I haven't tried that one.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #41
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I most certainly will. This whole trip report thing is one of new favorite pass times. We even got a new camera so my pictures will be better. 16 more days until our next trip and I can't wait !! AND I am still playing around with our ADR's. Fun stuff.
Girl you are as bad as I am! However, if you would like to share info on these ADRs perhaps you will find a friendly face in the restaurant.

ETA: So, if I had been a good little message boarder and read all the posts before commenting, I would have seen that you posted your upcoming ADRs. That's what I get for trying to post cogent messages.

Last edited by Pixie Princess; 11-11-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #42
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 6 – Whispering Canyon - Dinner

So we had a 6:25 PM reservation at Whispering Canyon. DH really enjoyed this dinner in June, so I booked it again. We hopped in the car about 5:45 PM and made our way over to Wilderness Lodge. I just love Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there on my birthday trip back in January. We really need to make a point to stay there again.

Love it too! Must make another visit!

Anyway, we got there and checked in and I took some photos of the light fixtures, which I love.

We got a buzzer and shopped some in the gift shop. I saw a puzzle that I wanted there that I sooo should have bought. Now I’m kicking myself for not buying it. It is a 1000 piece puzzle of a Thomas Kinkade painting of Cinderella’s castle. I so should have bought it. Durn.

Anyway, we waited quite a while before we got seated and we were super hungry by then. The previous time we ate there, it wasn’t quite as busy and we were seated in a quieter section. Not this time. We got seated in the middle of the action and it was REALLY noisy. So Whispering Canyon is really just a pretty name. Don’t let that moniker through you off into thinking this will be a nice quiet dinner …. Because it won’t. And to top it all off there was a large part seated right next to us. They had a little girl – not quite two – who screamed her head off the entire time we ate. Seriously, there were 8 adults at the table and they ALL ignored her for at least an hour and then finally someone got up and took her away. It was so loud in there that you noticed it, but only if you were close by. As a matter of fact, there was a screaming kid pretty much wherever we went. I mean I understand. I paid my dues with the screaming kids. I get how it is. But I would not have just let my child sit there and cry. I would have bagged dinner and gotten someone to bring me a box of food and took her back to calm down or sleep or whatever she needed. Seriously, this reflected badly on this whole table. And there was this other couple that had another little girl – about four, I think – and she spent the entire dinner under the table with her dress up over her face. Just kicking the table. At least she wasn’t screaming the whole time.

Anyway, rant over. Our server was Suzanne and she was really perky and fun. She teased DS the whole meal. She got out drink orders ….

I, of course, had to have another Magical Star Cocktail. I needed more light up ice cubes.

DH had the Margarita

There’s some yummy cornbread in the background there.

DS had soda. And DD had a chocolate milkshake.

For dinner, DH, DS and I got the all you can eat skillet and DD got chicken nuggets. Here is a photo of her meal.

It came with fruit and cookies. DH and I dug into the salad.

It was very fresh and yummy.

Then out came the skillet which we really enjoyed. There’s chicken and ribs and brisket. Corn on the cob, beans and mashed potatoes. DH LOVES this kind of food, so he was happy.

I'm telling you, you gotta put HDDR on the agenda. It is this kind of food plus a great show. It will be well worth the meal credits or cash you'll spend on it.

Seriously, the three of us barely made a dent in it. It was really good though.

While we were eating DD did the horse races. They have these horsies on a stick and they gallop all around the restaurant. It was cute.

DD was mortified by the horse race. Says she won't do it again, and was glad the place was pretty empty the time we went. LOL!

I ordered another drink. And the kids had fun playing with my light up ice cubes.

For desert DD had her cookies that came with her kids meal. DS had vanilla ice cream.

[I wanted the Smores cheesecake but our waitress told us they had switched just last week. I was bummed because we had that in June and it was really good. Why is Disney always trying to fix what isn’t broke ?? GAH !!! So I ordered the chocolate cake.

For realz...what up with getting rid of the mahi mahi at Wolfgang Puck Cafe?! Okay I realize that is not Disney owned, but it is there and it is the same principle.

DH got some kind of berry cheesecake which he really liked.

We enjoy Whispering Canyon and plan to go back for breakfast on our trip during Thanksgiving.

You'll love b'fast! That's what we did back in May.
Backtracking to you WPE post, that spaghetti looked really good. I'll have give that one a try. I've had a couple of misses there, but more often than not that place is da bomb. We usually go there at least once a trip.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #43
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Girl you are as bad as I am! However, if you would like to share info on these ADRs perhaps you will find a friendly face in the restaurant.

ETA: So, if I had been a good little message boarder and read all the posts before commenting, I would have seen that you posted your upcoming ADRs. That's what I get for trying to post cogent messages.
We got Garden Grill for Thanksgiving !! I was so pleased to snag that at the last minute. I was shocked to see it come up on the list. Someone must have just cancelled it. I grabbed it as quick as I could. I am so happy we are having turkey for dinner after all on that day. And even better that I won't have to cook and clean.

Circling back to the first part of that ..... does that mean you guys are staying longer ?? Will we get to see you ????

Quote:
Backtracking to you WPE post, that spaghetti looked really good. I'll have give that one a try. I've had a couple of misses there, but more often than not that place is da bomb. We usually go there at least once a trip.
With the exception of DD's kid's pizza, everything we have had there has been really good.I think another WPE review is coming up next, so you can see what else we got. I liked the second thing we got even better than the spaghetti. But the spaghetti was really good.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #44
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Circling back to the first part of that ..... does that mean you guys are staying longer ?? Will we get to see you ????
That means we will be there the same time as you guys! What? Shut up! No way!

Yes way! I decided I really needed to make money the days we were going, and with this whole TX job thing, I decided it was better to be sure I was available when most people were working in case I get the job. Soooo we switched days, and will arrive on Thanksgiving (so not the exact dates as ya'll) and leave on Sunday.

We are super excited b/c ALL the Christmas stuff will be up. DD is so funny b/c I told her this meant we had to be up early and be at the parks before they opened. With exasperation she asked if we could at least take a break in the middle of the day like ya'll do. I told her we'd leave and come back. The plan is to tour the resorts, and to be honest, I am more excited about that part than anything else. I've see the GF all done up (ah-mazing!), but want to see the other gingberbread houses and choclate sculputres.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #45
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That means we will be there the same time as you guys! What? Shut up! No way!

Yes way! I decided I really needed to make money the days we were going, and with this whole TX job thing, I decided it was better to be sure I was available when most people were working in case I get the job. Soooo we switched days, and will arrive on Thanksgiving (so not the exact dates as ya'll) and leave on Sunday.

We are super excited b/c ALL the Christmas stuff will be up. DD is so funny b/c I told her this meant we had to be up early and be at the parks before they opened. With exasperation she asked if we could at least take a break in the middle of the day like ya'll do. I told her we'd leave and come back. The plan is to tour the resorts, and to be honest, I am more excited about that part than anything else. I've see the GF all done up (ah-mazing!), but want to see the other gingberbread houses and choclate sculputres.
YYYAAAAAYYYYYYYY !!!!! I am soooo happy to find this out !! I'll send you my spread sheet and maybe we can have more time together this time. The kids will be so happy to see your DD and if it is warm enough, you can come back to our resort and swim with us.

I am excited about seeing the Christmas decorations as well. Can't wait for that and to see the Osborne lights. I am sooo happy !!! Yay !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: