Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Our Sara-topia Dining Report-MNSSHP/F&W(Sep 24-Oct 2)(Pizza Planet-Complete 11/17)

So just like last time, I finished my tip report and I really wasn’t ready to be finished, so I decided to write another Dining Review. Our trip was from September 24 – October 2. For the first night we stayed at Pop Century and then we moved over to a RCI resort for 4 days. After that we spent the rest of our trip enjoying the deluxe accommodations at Saratoga Springs. OR, as DD would say – Sara-topia. If you want to read about the whole trip, here is the link to that TR.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2799213

Cast of characters

Me - 43 yr old Mother of two. Irrigation Designer by day and Disney zealot by night. Also in this photo my DS12.

Also, along on the trip, my DD9 and DH

up next ..... our ADR's.

Last edited by jecskc; 11-17-2011 at 08:28 PM.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
jecskc
DIS Veteran

ADR’s and other stuff we ate.

Day 1 – Everything Pop – Dinner

Day 2 – Everything Pop – Breakfast

Day 2 – Pizzafari – Lunch

Day 2 – Grand Floridian Café

Day 4 – Drinks at the Lunching Pad

Day 4 – Candy at MNSSHP

Day 6 – Wolfgang Puck’s – Lunch

Day 6 – Whispering Canyon – Dinner

Day 7 – Kona – Breakfast

Day 7 – World Showcase and Food and Wine Offerings

Day 7 – Artists Palette

Day 8 – Tony’s Town Square – Lunch

Day 8 – Wolfgang Puck’s Express – Dinner

Day 9 - Writer’s Stop - Morning Snacks

Day 9 – Pizza Planet - Lunch

Last edited by jecskc; 11-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Everything Pop - Dinner

For this night, we were on the dining plan. DH and I LOVE the dining plan. I love not having to cart food around and DH loves not having to think about how much everything costs. So we did our best to make the dining plan work for us for this one night we are staying at Pop Century. On the way to dinner at Everything Pop.

We decided to use three counter service credits on this night and use the remaining one for breakfast the next day.

DH and I shared the Chicken Penne Alfredo

Penne Pasta, chicken breast, Alfredo sauce and a breadstick.
This was actually pretty good. And it was plenty of food for the both of us.

DS got chicken nuggets and french fries

Which he really liked.

DD just got Penne Alfredo – or as she calls it “noodles with white sauce”.

Penne Pasta, Alfredo Sauce and a breadstick.

She ate a good bit of this and DH finished the rest.

For dessert, DH and I had tie-dye cheesecake.

It looks really strange but it tastes just like plain cheesecake. It was good.

DD had a Oreo Cupcake

I don't think you can see it well in the photo, but it had an Oreo cookie on each side of the top to depict Mickey Ears. She really enjoyed this and I had a bite. It was really moist and tasty.

DS had some yogurt. Didn't get a photo of that.

DD LOVES kettle corn so I had to buy her some of this. Isn't it pretty ??

I really liked this as well. Each color had a different flavor. Red = cherry, purple = grape ... like that.

Our was good and filling and we enjoyed our dinner at Everything Pop.

Last edited by jecskc; 11-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Everything Pop - Breakfast

So we get up about 7:30 AM and head over to Everything Pop for breakfast. Some morning photos.

DH and I shared the bounty platter.

Eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes and a biscuit. Everything was pretty good.

DS had French toast

It came with bacon which he gave to DH. I am not sure he liked this very much. He only ate a few bites and it thought it looked like it had too much sugar on it. He likes it with just powdered sugar and this had cinnamon sugar on it.

DD had a Pop waffle and some bacon

She ate about half of this and DH and I finished the rest. She liked it though and it was a pretty tasty waffle.

And I had a chocolate croissant.

This .... was awesome. Next time we go to Disney, I am getting one of these with my morning coffee. Really good. I ate it really fast so I wouldn't have to share.

All of the food was OK. It was breakfast. It filled us up. The chocolate croissant was really good though and DH fussed at me for not sharing any of it with him, so I guess I'll get two next time.

Last edited by jecskc; 11-02-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Your chicken alfredo looks yummy! The one night we stayed at POP thats what I wanted but the line was so long...wish I just stayed in the line!
Thanks so much for stopping in to say hello !! The chicken alfredo actually tasted really good. The chicken was nice and breaded. I just finished reading your latest Dining Report. LOVED it !!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – Grand Floridian Café - Dinner

Our next ADR was at the Grand Floridian Café. And I was excited about it because I LOVE GF and REALLY want to stay there one day. We hop in the car and head on over to the Grand Floridian.

DH didn’t want to spring $12 for valet parking, so we parked in self parking across the street.

Walking in to the resort.

Did I tell ya how bad I want to stay here one day ?? Well, I do. Bad. I was happy to hear that they were building a DVC section. I bet the points will be crazy for it though ….

We got there early so we could cruise all of the gift shops. We hit them all, but didn’t buy anything. I was tempted to buy a bath pillow at Basin and now I wish I had because the Basin in DTD didn’t have them in stock.

More resort photos.

I just love these luxurious touches. Towels right inside the door in case you get all wet when it rains

We checked in for our ADR and we were given a buzzer. We waited a good half hour before our table was ready. Some photos while we waited.

Then finally ….. dinner. We were starving. Our server was Geoff and he was amazing !! He brought us drinks. Sodas for the kids and a Magical Star Cocktail for me.

DH and our waiter got into a cerebral discussion about red wine. I can’t drink it because it always gives me a migraine, but DH ordered a wine the waiter suggested. It was a blend. I don’t remember the name of it and I can’t find a wine menu for this restaurant online.

In any case, DH really liked it. A fresh rose on the table.

Our waiter brought this basket of bread. Some plain sourdough rolls and these AMAZING whole grain rolls with currants in them. And they we soooo good !!

For starters, our waiter highly recommended the French Onion soup. So DH and I ordered one each.

Caramelized Onion Soup au Gratin - Quattro Formaggio and Fried Leeks.

This had four kinds of cheeses in it and was the BEST I had ever tasted.

For dinner DD ordered the kids pizza.

DS got the burger, but he ordered it plain. And the waiter suggested the fries, which were perfect !!

DH and I ordered the New York Strip

It came with potatoes, carrots and edamame. THIS was amazing !! Cooked perfectly. And it came on the bone and it was huge. The carrots could have been cooked a little more, but other than that, a most excellent meal.

DH ordered another red wine – a Cabernet this time. He liked it but he said the blend was better.

For dessert, DD got the worms and dirt which she loved.

DS got vanilla ice cream

And DH and I got the sampler for two.

And it was sooo delicious. There was key lime, lemon cheesecake, Boston cream pie cake and a fruit tart. And to top it all off a dark chocolate Mickey.

We very much enjoyed our dinner here and would definitely go again. In fact, it was the best meal of our trip !! I agree that Grand Floridian Café is a hidden gem !!

Last edited by jecskc; 11-03-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - Drinks at the Lunching Pad

On this day at Magic Kingdom, DS wanted to see Stitch’s Greatest Escape. DD and I hate this attraction see we decided to get us some frozen drinks because it was soooooo HOT !!! We went to the Lunching Pad

and got these

A Raspberry Lemonade for me and a Blue Raspberry for DS.

DD wanted Blue Raspberry and Cherry combined and the super nice CM made it like this

Very yummy looking. And very yummy tasting. Also, cold and refreshing on a super hot day.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

Day 2 Everything Pop - Breakfast

And I had a chocolate croissant.

This .... was awesome. Next time we go to Disney, I am getting one of these with my morning coffee. Really good. I ate it really fast so I wouldn't have to share.

I can't wait to try this when we go on our trip, and that cracks me up because I totally would've done the same thing

Enjoying your reviews!
jenandjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #11
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjuice View Post
I can't wait to try this when we go on our trip, and that cracks me up because I totally would've done the same thing

Enjoying your reviews!
Thanks so much for reading and stopping in to say hello. One of those croissants would go so good with my coffee this morning. They look so benign, but MAN .... they are good. I am so getting one for breakfast the first morning we are there for our Thanksgiving trip.

Last edited by jecskc; 11-05-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – MNSSHP Candy

By the time everyone was lining up for the first parade, we took advantage of the short lines at the treat trails and got some candy.

They had good candy and gave out about 3-4 pieces each time. DD is allergic to peanuts and they were really careful not to give her any peanut candy.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

Mmmmmm....carbs.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I'm going to attempt to make a resservation at Grand Floridian Cafe now. I love that resort too! We walked by that restaurant during one of our visits, and I was intriguied.

That dessert platter looks like the platter DD created for herself at Boma. I told her you had a reservation there coming up and she said to tell you to be sure and get the carmel cheesecake thing. It was the best dessert there.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Mmmmmm....carbs.
I miss carbs ....BAD. Those whole grain rolls with the currants were AMAZING !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I'm going to attempt to make a resservation at Grand Floridian Cafe now. I love that resort too! We walked by that restaurant during one of our visits, and I was intriguied.

That dessert platter looks like the platter DD created for herself at Boma. I told her you had a reservation there coming up and she said to tell you to be sure and get the carmel cheesecake thing. It was the best dessert there.
Grand Floridian Cafe is GOOD !! You should definitely go there !! We are looking forward to Boma in April for sure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: