Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #121
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradodumbo View Post
Has anyone been on the dream and had to deal with long lines when reboarding at the ports of call? On past cruises my family and I have noticed long lines for reboarding other ships such as Carnival, especially at Grand Cayman because of the tendering. Since the Dream and Fantasy are 40% larger than the Magic and Wonder I was wandering about crowds for reboarding. Disney is an expert is would seem in crowd control and making sure that their lines are moving but since you have to go through the metal detector, sanitize your hands, have your kttwc swiped I was just curious about how long the lines at port might be?
We, Lynn and I, have been on the Dream twice. Never experienced any lines reboarding at any ports, including Castaway. Then again we do not wait to the last minute to reboard and that may be when lines may form. The process for boarding at the port has been improved so that the terminal is no longer crowded which was in violation of fire codes. A limited number of people are allowed in the terminal at 30 minute intervals. Once a group starts boarding then another group is allowed into the terminal. Your terminal entry and boarding time is chosen by you when you have completed your on-line cruise check-in. Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 05-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #122
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Hi all!

How is everyone's spring going so far? We just bought a new house, so we are about to become busy with moving......what a nice way to pass the time, hunh?

TO Coloradodumbo.......Did you happen to get my PM? Where abouts in Colorado Springs are you located? We happen to reside there as well.... Small world!

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #123
coloradodumbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonR View Post
Hi all!

How is everyone's spring going so far? We just bought a new house, so we are about to become busy with moving......what a nice way to pass the time, hunh?

TO Coloradodumbo.......Did you happen to get my PM? Where abouts in Colorado Springs are you located? We happen to reside there as well.... Small world!

Shannon

Nope no PM appeared on my account so who knows what happened there.? We live in Briargate. Hope the move is going smoothly, the rain this weekend won't help much. 118 days until we can start online check in!

Last edited by coloradodumbo; 05-11-2012 at 01:23 PM.
coloradodumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #124
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Oh wow.....I know exactly where Briargate is We live near Dublin and Austin Bluffs now, but our new house is close to Woodmen, off Austin Bluffs.

Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet yet? We decided not to participate in the FE gift exchange, but would love to meet and greet everyone!

Has anyone thought about excursions yet? since we have only done Western cruises, we have done just about all the excursions, so we have decided to just do the dolphin swim in Cozumel and we always always always do parasailing at Castaway Cay.....its our favorite!!

It's cloudy and cold here in Colorado Springs today ugh! How about in everyone else's part of the world?

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #125
coloradodumbo
Mouseketeer

Red face FE's

Since some of the previous posts talk about the fish extenders I thought I would volunteer to start the FE thread. I have never done the FE's before just as a warning. If nobody has any objections I will start the thread and post the link on here.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #126
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Since some of the previous posts talk about the fish extenders I thought I would volunteer to start the FE thread. I have never done the FE's before just as a warning. If nobody has any objections I will start the thread and post the link on here.
Thanks!

There is an FE thread on Facebook that might help you with ideas.

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #127
coloradodumbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackjr View Post
Thanks!

There is an FE thread on Facebook that might help you with ideas.
I looked at the March 16 Fantasy cruise since they have a link to their FE group. I think that they have made an excellent outline of how to start a FE thread. They ask for DisBoard name, cabin number if you know it, first names, ages, and gender is you are comfortable giving out that information, and any celebrations that you are celebrating on the cruise. They also give examples of what to do if you don't want to give your real name, they say to put gender and age so it would be male, 12. Is there anything they are missing?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #128
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! My family would like to participate once you get it started!!

Last edited by glasslipper; 05-15-2012 at 10:45 AM.
glasslipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #129
coloradodumbo
Mouseketeer

Here is the link to our FE thread, I hope it is okay:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post44893130

If you want to participate head over to the FE thread, I need the first names of everyone in your party, ages, gender of the kids, stateroom number, any allergies, everybody's favorite Disney character. Also if you have multiple staterooms please clarify how many fish extenders your party will have.

Last edited by coloradodumbo; 05-16-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #130
coloradodumbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
Here is one thought I had:

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Did anybody else see the news article about archaeologists discovering new writings in a newly discovered dig site? The article talked about how the Mayans didn't say the world was coming to an end but that it was the end of a cycle and that a new cycle would be starting. So sorry to any doomsday prepers it looks like the earth will just be starting a new cycle. I thought about coachs design saying the Mayans were wrong after that news story.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #131
brackjr

Just checking in.

Our DS and DDIL ARE ON THE Magic this week. Sad only because we couldn't go too!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 05-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #132
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Yes I am in favor of the rework. And thank you to Brackjr for the assistance. Is anyone in objection to using the reworked design for our shirts?

I will be posting a link some time in August to purchase your shirts. I want to have them all done and shipped prior to November, so you can pack them well in advance.

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #133
MorganR
Bambi's #1 fan

Quote:
Did anybody else see the news article about archaeologists discovering new writings in a newly discovered dig site? The article talked about how the Mayans didn't say the world was coming to an end but that it was the end of a cycle and that a new cycle would be starting. So sorry to any doomsday prepers it looks like the earth will just be starting a new cycle. I thought about coachs design saying the Mayans were wrong after that news story.
I think you should out the saying you have on the front ("We are here, so the calendar must have been wrong") On the back in big letters along with the persons last name on top like a jersey
I love designing things like clothes and such, so if u need any help i would love to help
DMom(Shannon) DDad(Rick)
DBrother(Mitchell) DSister(Melissa)
MorganR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #134
brackjr

Always love odd encounters .... having lunch at First Watch today and our waiter's girl friend works on the Disney Dream. She was onboard during our cruise in February and we recognized her from his photo.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #135
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
Yes I am in favor of the rework. And thank you to Brackjr for the assistance. Is anyone in objection to using the reworked design for our shirts?

I will be posting a link some time in August to purchase your shirts. I want to have them all done and shipped prior to November, so you can pack them well in advance.
Sorry for being gone so long. Just getting caught up on this thread. I also read that further Mayan digs discovered what seems to be refrences to cycle end and start instead of the end of the world. In light of this how about removing the reference to being here thus the calender must have been wrong, and in its place list the ports we will be visiting: Casamel, Costa Maya, Grand Caymen, and Castaway Cay. I tried to think of something relating to cycles but could not, thus the ports of call idea. Either way, Lynn and I are a go even if we stay with the rework.

Chris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: