Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #76
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Good morning everyone! Can you believe the Fantasy sets sail for her first "official" cruise tomorrow? Wow.....I bet that group of DISers are soooo excited!! I can't wait to hear how their cruise went!

We would be interested in t-shirts, a DIS meet and greet, and the FE event as well. We sat out on all the DIS festivities last time around because on our 2nd cruise, first Christmas cruise , we had so many DIS activities, that we literally ran ourselves ragged and were exhausted by the end of the cruise. We felt we never really got to enjoy the cruise and/or Christmas for that matter ugh

But knowing my DD18 like I do, I know she will want to do it all since it is my DSIL18 first experience with all things Disney! Besides, we will have little baby Jordan with us this time around and I want him to see and do EVERYTHING!! (Do I sound like an excited grandparent or what??)

Today, my DS15 and I are off to see Wrath of the Titans!

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #77
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
Where abouts in Maryland are you located. Lynn and I spent two years at the Navy Communication Station at the Naval Academy when I was in the Navy. I know, Maryland is a big state but it does not hurt to ask.
Coach Rick is from where I was born and spent my summers when growing up. Small world at times.

Chris
We are in Bel Air, about an hr and a half north of Annapolis. Annapolis is a beautiful town, especially in the spring!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #78
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Has anyone thought about starting a facebook page for our group? I know other groups have done this with overwhelming interest and success. It makes the group more accessible and personable.

If anyone is interested... let me know and I can have DD18 set one up. We can have a security component to it as well, to ensure only members of our group are on. It may help to get the tweens and teens talking as well !!

Let me know!

Shannon

Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #79
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
Sure, I have no issues or egos...well maybe some egos, but I dismissed them for the cruise. What ever they do I will need the file as a vector image to print it. I went with one color for cost reasons. I can add colors to it, but each color adds $$'s and I thought after spending all that money on the cruise, and in the ships gift shops, something a bit less expensive would be nice.

Not sure they can do any better but I thought I would ask. I will tell them to save as a vector image. They use Photoshop so I'm sure it's not a problem.

I like the one color look. Plus I'm into saving money to give to DCL!

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #80
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonR View Post
Has anyone thought about starting a facebook page for our group? I know other groups have done this with overwhelming interest and success. It makes the group more accessible and personable.

If anyone is interested... let me know and I can have DD18 set one up. We can have a security component to it as well, to ensure only members of our group are on. It may help to get the tweens and teens talking as well !!

Let me know!

Shannon
We've had one for our last two cruises and loved it. You have my vote!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #81
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

facebook page

If no one has any objections, I will have DD18 set up a facebook page for us. I will wait another week or so to get more feedback from our group and then will give her the go ahead! I just want to make sure we are all in agreeance before I give her the green light!

Shannon

Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #82
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If no one has any objections, I will have DD18 set up a facebook page for us. I will wait another week or so to get more feedback from our group and then will give her the go ahead! I just want to make sure we are all in agreeance before I give her the green light!

Shannon
I'm for it...

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #83
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Shannon
I use Facebook at times but have a few questions about using it for the cruise group communications.
Will it replace most of our communicating through the Dis Boards?
How secure will it be from just anyone outside of the cruise people jumping in on our exchanges?
Lastly, as the cruise gets closer more people who are on the cruise will be joining in on this thread to talk. How will they become aware of the Facebook account?

Chris
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #84
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Good morning everyone!!

Today is the Fantasy's maiden voyage......YAY!!
i am so excited for her first group of passengers (not half as excited as they are, I'm sure )

I have read on other meets, that they have used faccebook and LOVED it. In fact, the group that is setting sail today has a facebook page. They continue to chat on the DIS board, but use facebook for more in depth and personal topics. They set up security measures to ensure that only their group was allowed in and/or could see what was being discussed. I know absolutely nothing about how to set this up, but facebook is my DD18's life and she claims it can be done quite easily. But, it's 100% up to the group. I am more than happy with the way things are, I just thought it would be a way for the group to get to know each other easier and feel more secure about what they post. Especially the tweens and teens. I know that every other group that has used facebook has loved it....but it has never been used on any of the DCL cruises we have taken, so it would be something new to us as well.

I will be watching the port web cam today to see our ship leave.....wishing it was us!!!

Shannon

Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #85
Tigger2u
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Let me know!

Shannon

We are good with the facebook idea.
Tigger2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #86
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

Today is the Fantasy's maiden voyage......YAY!!
i am so excited for her first group of passengers (not half as excited as they are, I'm sure )

I have read on other meets, that they have used faccebook and LOVED it. In fact, the group that is setting sail today has a facebook page. They continue to chat on the DIS board, but use facebook for more in depth and personal topics. They set up security measures to ensure that only their group was allowed in and/or could see what was being discussed. I know absolutely nothing about how to set this up, but facebook is my DD18's life and she claims it can be done quite easily. But, it's 100% up to the group. I am more than happy with the way things are, I just thought it would be a way for the group to get to know each other easier and feel more secure about what they post. Especially the tweens and teens. I know that every other group that has used facebook has loved it....but it has never been used on any of the DCL cruises we have taken, so it would be something new to us as well.

I will be watching the port web cam today to see our ship leave.....wishing it was us!!!

Shannon
Thank you Shannon for the info. Lynn and I are a go for using facebook. The last two days we have been looking at our watches or clocks and saying the people on the Fantasy should be doing such-a-such thing at this time. We have the RCCL New England & Canada cruise coming up in October but the Fantasy cruise can't come soon enough.

Chris
Old 04-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #87
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Hi everyone!

We have been doing the same thing Chris! We watched the Fantasy take off yesterday via the web cam (and I must admit, we welled up a little at the sight ) And all day today, we have been saying the same thing..... they should be here, they should be doing this, etc....the whole timing wishing it was us haha

I will have DD18 Morgan set up a facebook book page for us soon and have her let everyone know the details as soon as its up and ready to go..... the name, security code, etc...

Shannon

Last edited by ShannonR; 04-01-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #88
MorganR
Bambi's #1 fan

Facebook ;d

Hi Everyone!
Well i Made a Facebook as you may already know from ShannonR
And im here to give out the Security Code and Group name :D

The Group is Called " *Disney Fantasy Cruise* January 5th - January 12th* "
The security "Email" code is " DisneyFantasy2013@groups.facebook.com "

And dont worry ONLY I can accept people going into the group so i will no if they are REALLY from our group or not!! :D

And if you cant find the group you can alwasy find me and ask me to add you in myself
My Facebook name is Morgan JoEllen Gonzalez and if you cant find me threw my name you can put in my email "morganreeves57@yahoo.com"
DMom(Shannon) DDad(Rick)
DBrother(Mitchell) DSister(Melissa)
MorganR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #89
brackjr

This is a reworked version of the cruise design. I wanted to keep the original artwork because I really liked. Our Graphics Department just rearranged the words and added a little bit. I have the .svg version that I can email if this is what everyone wants to use.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #90
mlayton14
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone, subscribing.

Anyway, we are booked for this cruise (1st cruise ever). Anyway, would appreciate everyones thoughts (esp veteran DCL cruisers) about what Excursions are worth doing on the West Carr. itinerary. Keep in mind we are 3 generations (6 people) ranging in age from 4 to 82. Beach/swimming , historical/sightseeing tours are definitely in .. speedboats and scuba diving are out !! LOL ..

Looking forward to reading the thread. Very excited.
mlayton14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: