Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #31
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Happy New year everyone I am Ellen, tigger2u's DW. We are so excited about this cruise and sailing on the new ship!!! When we cruised in 2006 on the Magic, we didn't really do any extra excursions, other than exploring the ports on our own, so we are really looking forward to taking part in some fun adventures!

We were also interested in joining a fish extenders group if anyone was organizing one, we have never done this before, but from what I've read here on the Dis, they look like fun!

It is 26 degrees here in Md, so it's nice to think about swaying in a hammock under a palm tree,drinking a konk cooler on Castaway Cay
Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
Happy New year everyone I am Ellen, tigger2u's DW.

We were also interested in joining a fish extenders group if anyone was organizing one, we have never done this before, but from what I've read here on the Dis, they look like fun!

It is 26 degrees here in Md, so it's nice to think about swaying in a hammock under a palm tree,drinking a konk cooler on Castaway Cay
Welcome aboard!

I am sure that the FE group will be started for this cruise. It is a really fun exercise and I am sure you love it.

It's a cool 70 degress here in Florida!

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #33
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Hi All!

I'm jlamanna's DS-- got him started with the Disney cruising bug! Can't wait to cruise on the Fantasy: it will make all 4 ships for us as well, as we just did the MR on the Wonder (previously DD on the Dream and Western Carib on the Magic).

Can't wait to hear all about the Fantasy: I'll be interested in hearing what changes they've made since the Dream. I was a bit disappointed to see it doesn't look like they changed the adult pool: I like the adult pool on the Magic/Wonder better than the Dream.
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
TiggerAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #34
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

I just booked this cruise a few days ago for myself, James, and our son Tyler and daughter Isabelle whom we call "Belle."

This will be our first time cruising. I know a lot about Disney World since I've been there several times, but don't know much about DCL, so I intend to read over the DCL TR's and pay extra special attention to Western Caribbean intineraries and future TR's of the Fantasy.

We will be celebrating Tyler's 9th birthday on the cruise. His actual birthday is January 1...my New Year's baby. Isabelle will be turning 2 a few weeks after we come home, so perhaps we'll just celebrate her birthday as well.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning how to plan every little tiny itty bitty detail of this trip.

Just call me Carrie. I don't know if there is a way to edit your username on here or not, I'm assuming not. But I haven't really been TyTy's Mommy in a while. He grew out of that nickname a while back.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #35
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
I just booked this cruise a few days ago for myself, James, and our son Tyler and daughter Isabelle whom we call "Belle."

Just call me Carrie.
Welcome Aboard Carrie!

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #36
MorganR
Bambi's #1 fan

Introducing me! ;D

Hi all! My name is Morgan and I, along with my family, will be going on this cruise with you guys!!
We are going to spend a week before the cruise at WDW and then go on this cruise
Going with me is DH(Joel,19)...DS(Jordan,11 mnths)...DMom(ShannonR)...DDad(Rick)...DBrother(Mi tchell,16)...and DSister(Melissa,8)
I'm super exited! Because not only will this be Jordans first time to Disney but my DH's first time as well!! :D
DMom(Shannon) DDad(Rick)
DBrother(Mitchell) DSister(Melissa)
MorganR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #37
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganR View Post
Hi all! My name is Morgan and I, along with my family, will be going on this cruise with you guys!!
We are going to spend a week before the cruise at WDW and then go on this cruise
Going with me is DH(Joel,19)...DS(Jordan,11 mnths)...DMom(ShannonR)...DDad(Rick)...DBrother(Mi tchell,16)...and DSister(Melissa,8)
I'm super exited! Because not only will this be Jordans first time to Disney but my DH's first time as well!! :D
Hi Morgan!

How exciting for you and your family, what a great intro to Disney! WDW and the cruise is the best vacation ever!! When we went on our first cruise, we spent a week in WDW 1st then a eastern cruise, this time we are switching it up and taking the cruise first and then WDW! we are all so excited!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganR View Post
Hello MorganR,
Welcome. I don't know if anyone has cruised before, but if not and as time goes by you will learn a lot from those who have cruised, especially the DCL. Just ask and you will get an answer.
Lynn and I were stationed at Chase Naval Air Station at Beeville, up the road from you all down there, when I was in the Navy. Loved it in that part of Texas.

Chris
Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #39
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Hello everyone!! My name is ShannonR and I am MorganR's mom! We will be sailing on this cruise as well. We were originally planning to sail on the 12/29/12 cruise, but because of DS's school schedule, we had to change things around a bit and will now be sailing on 1/5/13. Along with this cruise, we will be visiting WDW prior to cruising.....yay!!

Our family consists of me (Shannon), DH Rick, DD Morgan19, DSIL Joel 19, DS Mitchell16, DD Melissa8 and our newest addition as of 1/14/12 DGS Jordan11 months

I can't wait to get to know all of you in the upcoming months!! This vacation can't come fast enough for our family haha

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonR View Post
Hello everyone!! My name is ShannonR and I am MorganR's mom! We will be sailing on this cruise as well. We were originally planning to sail on the 12/29/12 cruise, but because of DS's school schedule, we had to change things around a bit and will now be sailing on 1/5/13. Along with this cruise, we will be visiting WDW prior to cruising.....yay!!

Our family consists of me (Shannon), DH Rick, DD Morgan19, DSIL Joel 19, DS Mitchell16, DD Melissa8 and our newest addition as of 1/14/12 DGS Jordan11 months

I can't wait to get to know all of you in the upcoming months!! This vacation can't come fast enough for our family haha

Shannon
Welcome Aboard to the whole family.

Looking forward to learning more about you all in the coming months.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #41
mwillow4
Earning My Ears

So Excited!!

Hi All,

I'm planning our Jan. 5th cruise and can't wait!! I have been planning on going on the new Disney Fantasy ever since I heard about it!

I'm new to posting. What does DH, DW, DS, DD refer to? Does it mean Disney (family member)? Such as Disney Husband, Disney Son?

I'll be traveling with my husband and 16 year old daughter. It would be great if my daughter could "chat" with other kids going and have someone she would know when we got on board.

We've gone on two other Disney cruises and loved every minute of it!! I'll be counting down the days!!
mwillow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #42
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwillow4 View Post
Hi All,

I'm planning our Jan. 5th cruise and can't wait!! I have been planning on going on the new Disney Fantasy ever since I heard about it!

I'm new to posting. What does DH, DW, DS, DD refer to? Does it mean Disney (family member)? Such as Disney Husband, Disney Son?

I'll be traveling with my husband and 16 year old daughter. It would be great if my daughter could "chat" with other kids going and have someone she would know when we got on board.

We've gone on two other Disney cruises and loved every minute of it!! I'll be counting down the days!!
Welcome mwillow4, and you have the abbreviations (DH, etc.) correct. As for your 16 year old daughter getting to know teens ahead of time, she could start her own thread, or just post here and hope other kids will pick up on it. Most kids like to have their own thread so they can be themselves and stay in better and easier contact with each other.

Chris
Old 01-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #43
MorganR
Bambi's #1 fan

Teens?? :o

Hi Guys its me again!

Ive been reading back on all the posts and there are A LOT of people Me and my husbands age on this cruise!

NEVER on any of the other threads from the other cruises i have been on have there been this many people in my age group! So THANK GOODNESS there are FINALLY people to talk to for me and my husband! Hahaha

Well it would be GREAT if anyone could message me and me and my husband could start talking to you or your kids! That would be awesome!
DMom(Shannon) DDad(Rick)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
MorganR
Bambi's #1 fan

Teens?? :o

Hi Guys its me again!

Ive been reading back on all the posts and there are A LOT of people Me and my husbands age on this cruise!

NEVER on any of the other threads from the other cruises i have been on have there been this many people in my age group! So THANK GOODNESS there are FINALLY people to talk to for me and my husband! Hahaha

Well it would be GREAT if anyone could message me and me and my husband could start talking to you or your kids! That would be awesome!
DMom(Shannon) DDad(Rick)
Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #45
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Good morning everyone!

This will be our 4th Disney cruise, and my kids have always enjoyed chatting with other kids their age.....they end up hanging out on the ship and its great! With a couple of kids, the correspondence continued long after the cruise had ended haha

I will have two 19 year olds and one 16 year old on this cruise so if anyone's teenage kids would like to chat with them, I think it would fun for all of them!

We have been on one Spring Break cruise and two Christmas cruises ....we participated in DIS group activities on the first two and did not on our last cruise in 2010. DDMorgan missed joining in on the fun, so I am all for joining any festivity and/or activity we decide to do as a group. I plan to spend ALL my time with DGS Jordan and want him to have as much fun as possible!!

Does anyone have any ideas about different things we can do? On our 2nd cruise, our 1st Christmas cruise.....we did SO MANY DIS activities, it exhausted and burned us out hence the "not participate" on cruise #3. I think 2 or 3 activities would be great and DDMorgan would love to help organize anything anybody might have in mind. She is great at that kind of thing and does a top notch job!!

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: