Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
Hi everybody-HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!! Well we pulled off the surprise with the scavenger hunt and there were lots of tears-my parents are so excited.My kids had an idea something was going on but they are still excited.My DDs will be 21 and 18 when we sail and they just love it.

376 days to go if I counted right. Dad wants to make the chain of rings like we always do to do the countdown.

Linda
Hello Linda,
How did you do the scavenger hunt, as in clues, etc.? Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Chris
Old 12-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #17
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hi Chris-It was my 2 DDs and my parents.I had 3 items that reminded us of our trip with each having a clue to the next location.

I had everything in small gift bags- the first clue went something like I am used to get you clean with lots of bubbles and suds to scrub a dub dub- the first item was a glass fish ornament like the real fish we have seen in Grand Caymen and it was in the tub!!!

The next one we had hanging on a door knob and it was H2O spa lotion like on the cruise I found in a shop in CT.Clue related to door knob and they found it quick

The next one was in the fridge and it had our room numbers listed.

The reveal was a wrapped package with the itinerary printed out in Disney font with ribbons etc...

We had lots of tears-my DDs suspected something but my parents were completely surprised.My DH filmed it all and I watched it last night-it was great.

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
Tigger2u
Earning My Ears

Let the countdown begin !

A year seems like a long time but will be worth the wait I'm sure.This will be our second cruise (we sailed on the Magic in 2006).I am Jeff and will be joined by my DW (Ellen)DD (Emily 20)and DS (Jeffrey 25).Looking forward to following this thread through out the next year and getting to know as many of you as I can.

Last edited by Tigger2u; 01-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Tigger2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
tesser21
Earning My Ears

Any other college students going on this cruise? As my DD posted above I am Emily and am going to be 20, can't wait!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #20
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Chris-It was my 2 DDs and my parents.I had 3 items that reminded us of our trip with each having a clue to the next location.

I had everything in small gift bags- the first clue went something like I am used to get you clean with lots of bubbles and suds to scrub a dub dub- the first item was a glass fish ornament like the real fish we have seen in Grand Caymen and it was in the tub!!!

The next one we had hanging on a door knob and it was H2O spa lotion like on the cruise I found in a shop in CT.Clue related to door knob and they found it quick

The next one was in the fridge and it had our room numbers listed.

The reveal was a wrapped package with the itinerary printed out in Disney font with ribbons etc...

We had lots of tears-my DDs suspected something but my parents were completely surprised.My DH filmed it all and I watched it last night-it was great.

Linda
Good Morning Linda,
Sounds like a lot of fun. We went through a similar approach when we decided to take our two grandboys to WDW. Christmas was a clue to making a reservation. February birthdays for the boys brought them clues as to making resort reservations. We had to work with them on that so they would not break the bank on staying somewhere too lavish. Then as the year went on we worked with them to select the food plan plus they made the ressies for Rain Forest and T-Rex. It's a lot of fun working it out in this type of manner, which you also have found out.
Chris
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2u View Post
A year seems like a long time but will be worth the wait I'm sure.This will be our second cruise (we sailed on the Magic in 2006).I am Jeff and will be joined by my DW (Ellen)DD (Emily 20)and DS (Jeffrey 25).Looking forward to following this thread thought the next year and getting to know as many of you as I can.
Howdy and Welcome Jeff and Family,
That name should not be hard to remember since it is our son's name. If you enjoyed the Magic then you will enjoy the Fantasy. My wife, Lynn, and I did the Dream this past April and will be doing it again in March of 2012. The Dream is definitely a nice improvement. The only thing we did not like was that the family pool and the children's pool areas were combined to be in the same area of the ship, midship. Two pools in that area made for a very crowded experience. Other than that we expect the Fantasy to carry on with the DCL tradition of a great ship and very good service.

Chris
Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Christmas is almost done so it's now time to focus on this cruise.

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Well, add us to the list. As of right now there are only 3 of us to include myself (55), DW (54), and youngest DD (18). Undecided is my DS (22) and oldest DD (28)... We'll see on those two. My DM is thinking strongly about coming also.

I am a retired school teacher, now a full time travel agent just opening my own store, and very much hoping there will be a travel agent familiarization cruise on the Fantasy so I can report first hand all the newest additions to the new ship. If that doesn't happen, this cruise will be more of a working one.

Not sure if you guys had heard the Fantasy was recently damaged due to vandals opening a water valve flooding the chamber the ship is being built in. Reports are there was 1.2 million in damage, but will not delay delivery or the January 7th float out.

Anyhow, looking forward to this one.

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
Well, add us to the list. As of right now there are only 3 of us to include myself (55), DW (54), and youngest DD (18). Undecided is my DS (22) and oldest DD (28)... We'll see on those two. My DM is thinking strongly about coming also.

I am a retired school teacher, now a full time travel agent just opening my own store, and very much hoping there will be a travel agent familiarization cruise on the Fantasy so I can report first hand all the newest additions to the new ship. If that doesn't happen, this cruise will be more of a working one.

Not sure if you guys had heard the Fantasy was recently damaged due to vandals opening a water valve flooding the chamber the ship is being built in. Reports are there was 1.2 million in damage, but will not delay delivery or the January 7th float out.

Anyhow, looking forward to this one.
Hello Coach (Ret.),
I thought I had replied earler but I do not see it here.
Where abouts in Rhode Island are you? I was born in Woonsocket. When growing up my brother and I spent summers in Woonsocket and North Smithfield visiting the grandparents.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #25
cdnmetonvacation
Earning My Ears

Hello

Hello everyone,

We have decided that we will be attempting to sail on the Jan 5th, 2013 Fantasy Western cruise

The plan, to go with DH, DD (14) and DD 13. Also joining us, will be my parents and sister (21). Possibly joining in on the fun, DH's sister and kids (17) and (14).

The problem...Both DH and I are in the Canadian military and we have to ensure we are not on training, deployed, tasked out and can take leave for that time frame. So, needless to say there will be a lot of finger crossing and lurking until we can detemine if we can get the time to go and then if there is room left on she ship by the time we find out.

So, hello everyone, we hope to be joining you on the cruise, I hope you don't mind if I pop in every so often and chat. This will be our second DC, the first one was on the Magic in Dec 2005. We can't wait to go again!!
cdnmetonvacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
jlamanna
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

I (James) will be getting married on the 1/5/13 cruise to my beautiful and wonderful fiance Krystyna!! We just booked everything this weekend, so we should be starting the wedding coordination with DCL soon!

I believe our whole party is 24 people at the moment and I think we have all the rooms on deck 9 between the fore and mid elevators reserved on the starboard side of the ship

This will be our 2nd cruise together, but my DS is the cruising pro. She's currently departing on the Wonder as we speak for MR.

Can't wait for it!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #27
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!!!! Official 365 countdown coming soon!!!!!!

I need help with my computer skills- I was able to use the quote icon before but now when I try I type everything out and it doest work-any ideas?

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmetonvacation View Post
Hello everyone,

We have decided that we will be attempting to sail on the Jan 5th, 2013 Fantasy Western cruise

The plan, to go with DH, DD (14) and DD 13. Also joining us, will be my parents and sister (21). Possibly joining in on the fun, DH's sister and kids (17) and (14).

The problem...Both DH and I are in the Canadian military and we have to ensure we are not on training, deployed, tasked out and can take leave for that time frame. So, needless to say there will be a lot of finger crossing and lurking until we can detemine if we can get the time to go and then if there is room left on she ship by the time we find out.

So, hello everyone, we hope to be joining you on the cruise, I hope you don't mind if I pop in every so often and chat. This will be our second DC, the first one was on the Magic in Dec 2005. We can't wait to go again!!
Crossing fingers with you.

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Our ship just floated out at 12am Germany time-shes a BEAUTY!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!

Linda

Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #30
cdnmetonvacation
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Our ship just floated out at 12am Germany time-shes a BEAUTY!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!

Linda
YAY!! She is HUGE too The horn will sound even better in person
cdnmetonvacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: