Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #136
ShannonR
mickey's #1 fan

Hi there! How is everyone's summer going so far? We are having record breaking heat as well as raging wildfires here in Colorado Springs! :eek

We are fast approaching the "only 6 months to go" timeframe......yay!!
Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet? Time, place, theme?
We are planning a meet and greet for our Halloween 2013 cruise and everyone has agreed to bring a candy from their state to keep in the trick-or-treat frame of mind haha Maybe we could come up with something similar that goes along with a January cruise?

How about tshirt progress? Have we decided a final design? We are getting more excited as each day passes and are ready to start making plans, plans, plans!!

Shannon

2007-7 Day Western Cruise-St. Patrick's Magic-3 day WDW at Pop Century
2008-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Magic-3 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2010-7 Day Western Cruise-Christmas Wonder-5 day WDW at Port Orleans Riverside
2013-7 Day Western Cruise-New Year's Fantasy-5 day WDW at Art of Animation
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Valentine's Day Fantasy -5 day WDW All Star Music
2014-7 Day Eastern Cruise-Halloween Magic-5 day WDW All Star Movies
2015-7 Day Eastern Cruise-4th of July Fantasy-4 day WDW Port Orleans Riverside
2016-7 Day Western Cruise-Birthday Dream-5 day WDW Caribbean Beach Resort
ShannonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #137
brackjr
AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonR View Post
Hi there! How is everyone's summer going so far? We are having record breaking heat as well as raging wildfires here in Colorado Springs! :eek

We are fast approaching the "only 6 months to go" timeframe......yay!!
Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet? Time, place, theme?
We are planning a meet and greet for our Halloween 2013 cruise and everyone has agreed to bring a candy from their state to keep in the trick-or-treat frame of mind haha Maybe we could come up with something similar that goes along with a January cruise?

How about tshirt progress? Have we decided a final design? We are getting more excited as each day passes and are ready to start making plans, plans, plans!!

Shannon
Tampa Bay is still experiencing TS Debbie. Which is good and bad ..... lots of flooding but our ponds are finally full.

We are up for any meet; including any before the cruise. Maybe some are coming to WDW sometime before the cruise. We had a cruise meet one year in Pennsylvania.

Finally Platinum Castaway Club!
"A day without Mickey ..... what's the point?"
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
brackjr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #138
winniedapooh
Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney Cherubs!
I am so proud of my princess!
A smart lady who knows better than to question the wisdom of the tag fairy

Hello all...so excited I just found this. There will either 9 or 10 of us...think 23 yo DS and his girl are done. The party includes myself, DH, our 5 children--DS 23 , DD 22, DS 19, DS 17, DS GF, DD 15 and a friend of the family who came with us on our last cruise in January.

Just saw something on another thread about the Champagne girls. I will read through this whole thread later to see if I can find out if any of you are doing this. Only 190 daus left, but who is counting!?

winniedapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #139
winniedapooh
Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney Cherubs!
I am so proud of my princess!
A smart lady who knows better than to question the wisdom of the tag fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackjr View Post

We are up for any meet; including any before the cruise. Maybe some are coming to WDW sometime before the cruise. We had a cruise meet one year in Pennsylvania.

We will be at WDW Dec 28-Jan 4 where we will then head out for MCO to pick up 3 of this kids and onto Port Canaveral for an overnight and then onto the Fantasy!

winniedapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #140
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniedapooh View Post
We will be at WDW Dec 28-Jan 4 where we will then head out for MCO to pick up 3 of this kids and onto Port Canaveral for an overnight and then onto the Fantasy!
We've been talking about staying at a DVC resort those days too. I just have to hammer out the details.

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #141
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsel (Chris/Lynn) View Post
Lynn and I like the re-work. We still would go for two shirts. Thank you Coach Rick and Brackjr for this. Let us know when we have a consensus and can order. If there should be a change of mind to go with different colors that's fine with us also.

Chris
Lynn and I want to say that we are for the re-work version of T-shirt with its reference to the Mayan calender being wrong since we are here. I recently read an article by the Weekly World News from June 29 in regards to the end of world. It had to do with geologists discovering more inscribe tablets that confirm the Dec. 21 end of world the Mayan's believed in.

Chris
Old 07-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #142
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone, Chris (Morsel) mentioned this thread to me in an email today and I thought I had better get on here and introduce myself and my family because we will be on this cruise too. There are 3 of us, myself Cheryl, DH Al and DD Rachel 18. This will be our 10th Disney cruise and after this cruise we will have been on all 4 of the DCL ships. I'm really starting to look forward to this cruise now that it is less than 6 months away!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #143
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Hello Cheryl, Al, Rach (RED),

Welcome to the thread. Hope work went well today. Take a look at Page 6, post by Brackjr on 4/02/12 for the t-shirt re-work design. It makes reference to the Mayan calender being wrong. Very cute. See you on the thread .

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl N. WI View Post
Hello everyone, Chris (Morsel) mentioned this thread to me in an email today and I thought I had better get on here and introduce myself and my family because we will be on this cruise too. There are 3 of us, myself Cheryl, DH Al and DD Rachel 18. This will be our 10th Disney cruise and after this cruise we will have been on all 4 of the DCL ships. I'm really starting to look forward to this cruise now that it is less than 6 months away!

Last edited by Morsel (Chris/Lynn); 07-08-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Morsel (Chris/Lynn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #144
brackjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl N. WI View Post
Welcome aboard!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #145
MFinch
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone! We will also be on this cruise! It will be me(21) and my parents. This will be our 7th cruise and like many others will result in us traveling on all 4 ships!
MFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #146
Morsel (Chris/Lynn)
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFinch View Post
Hello Everyone! We will also be on this cruise! It will be me(21) and my parents. This will be our 7th cruise and like many others will result in us traveling on all 4 ships!
Howdy to mid New York State shipmates. Lynn and I are located just outside Rochester. When are you going down, and where will you be staying if going early? Like you and others it will be 4 boats for us. Now, if Dis could just build another.

Chris
Old 07-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #147
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

We are in!!!!

We are confirming our reservation on the phone right now....

We will be traveliing with the group, and our first time on the new ship.

DW Rose
DH Mike

DD Taylor
FIL Dale
MIL Elaine

We have two cat 9 staterooms and look forward to getting to know all of you before the cruise and meeting you onboard...

I will read through everything on the thread and get in on the fish extender exchange as well.

Mike

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #148
MFinch
Earning My Ears

We will be flying down a day ahead and staying at the Hyatt in the airport for the night.
MFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #149
GeneralMax
Mouseketeer

We just took the leap. This will be our family's 10 th Disney Cruise (me, DH, DD21 and DS 17). We will be traveling with my sister and her three year old.
GeneralMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #150
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

171 days until underway

wow, so long but oh so close to being underway.

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: