Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #121
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm so afraid to go on Splash now, after getting soaked last November! I wish it just kind of splashed you, and not drenched you if you sit in the front.

Isn't the Boo to You parade so cute? I really love the music! Can't wait to hear what happened!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #122
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Shannon, I'm with you...the Boo to You Parade is one of my all-time favorites. Yes, I have first time experience with that long line for the Dwarfs.
I think if it were up to Tim we would have waited...he did last year during the Christmas party, the picture was really cute, but alas I am impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Awww man a cliff hanger....now I want to know what happened....
Sorry I kept this waiting so long too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Love the Haunted Mansion PP pictures! Tim really is good at looking scared
Thank you he is a good actor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I love sitting in the first seat for Space Mountain! It's so much fun!

Glad you found a good parade spot! The music in the parade is so catchy! I sing it like the whole month of October.. "boo to you and boo to you..." I could keep going!!

WAAAAITTT, I need to know what the peculiar thing was!
I had to ride behind people later on and I wasn't as excited on Space Mtn!!

as soon as I read that I started singing it again!!

Sorry I neglected to follow up quickly like I planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Always love a trip to my 3 favorite mountains!

I didn't get to ride on the front seat on Space this time, but I did get the back seat. Either one is great to me!

I know exactly what you mean about the front row on Splash too...

I'm glad you enjoyed the parade... can't wait to find out what happened!
I bet the back seat on Space is good too..because you arent pulling anyone behind you

Splash has always been my all time favorite, but getting that wet wasn't very fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
BTMRR at night is my favorite! Glad you enjoyed it, as well.

I agree, I like Splash Mtn, but I always sit in the back because I hate getting wet.

Happy to see you both enjoyed the parade. The music is very catchy! I love how the Headless Horseman comes out so much earlier than the rest of the parade.

Can't wait to see what peculiar thing happened!
The Headless Horseman was SO cool, I am so impressed how they do that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nice job hitting the mountain trifecta! Always nice when the lines allow you to do that. Even if you end up just slightly wetter than you expected.
We decided after this trip during Halloween and Christmas time the only way to tour MK without lines is a party...too bad its an extra ticket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm so afraid to go on Splash now, after getting soaked last November! I wish it just kind of splashed you, and not drenched you if you sit in the front.

Isn't the Boo to You parade so cute? I really love the music! Can't wait to hear what happened!
I felt so bad that I said it just splashed you and we ended up soaked...even more mad I did my hair and it was ruined

It was SO cute!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #123
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Back to the parade...we were dancing along to "Boo to you" enjoying the different floats...we loved the Hauned Mansion ghosts and villains

Just as Goofy's candy truck was coming from off stage (what I believe is the last float)...the parade well...just stopped abruptly

We kept hearing the same music loop over and over again...then we noticed villains from several floats gone by were walking back towards us, waving and heading off stage. As well there were non costumed cast members heading on stage down the parade route past us

The non costumed cast members tried to distract the crowd with clapping and singing to the music...but there was obviously something unusual happening!

Without any true ending to the parade...the floats were moved back off stage and cast members informed us the parade was over. We later found out the brakes had gone out on one of the floats and some costumed cast members had to jump off their float and walk back past us (hence the villains coming past us) This is the first time either of us have ever heard of something like this happening during a parade...it was really random!!

Since we pretty much saw 99% of the parade we did not return to the see the second parade later in the evening...we still really enjoyed it as well!!

Once all that excitement was over we headed over (still soaked) to Pirates!!!

I thought this was a pretty cool picture spot

After our fun ride visiting pirates...we headed to the hub area to check out the Villain's Mix and Mingle show...we ended up getting a spot very close to the stage. It was a good spot, plus we were first in line to meet one of the villains!!

The show was honestly one of our favorite stage shows...the music was so catchy we were both sort of dancing along to it...it was very cool!! After the show the villains come down very briefly to do a meet and greet..I snapped some shots

Which villain did we happen to meet from the show?!?

Last edited by Shannon84; 12-17-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #124
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to do the villian show and we always missed it. I wish we had done it at least once out of our two visits. Can't wait to hear which villian you get to meet.

Love the pic of you and Tim in front of Pirates.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #125
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

That's so strange that the parade just stopped like that! At least you got to see most of it!

I love that picture in front of the Pirates sign!

The Villains show was so cute, I'm glad we stopped to watch it, but it seemed kind of short, didn't it?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #126
amazingact21
Upendi

Talk about a memorable ending to the parade. At least you were able to see pretty much all of the parade.

The Villains show looked very cool, wish I had stopped to watch it.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #127
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

The parade stopped? Wow! I've never heard of anything like that! I'm glad everyone was okay, though!

You got some good villian pictures!! Can't wait to see who you got up close and personal with!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #128
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow... that's an odd way to end a parade.

I guess you can look at it as you got some "bonus" villain time when they came back by.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #129
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Cool! Villains! Never seen that show, so it looks pretty interesting. And that is a weird way to end a parade. What amazes me is that they seem to have a contingency plan for everything, and act like it's all part of the show!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #130
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow what a bizarre thing to happen during the parade! I can't believe that the brakes went on one of the floats however it means you guys had a unique viewing of the parade that no one else will get to see!

Love the POTC pic

Yay on getting such a good spot for the Villains Mix and Mingle show and getting the snaps afterwards. We never got to meet any of the villains because of rain but am looking forward to seeing who it was you met.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #131
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #132
Momto15
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #133
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #134
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Wow so weird about the parade...I was afraid you were going to say, "The brakes went out on one of the floats and ran over one of the CM's!" Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I can't believe how soaked you guys got! Even after watching the parade, you'd think you'd air out by then!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #135
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have always wanted to do the villian show and we always missed it. I wish we had done it at least once out of our two visits. Can't wait to hear which villian you get to meet.

Love the pic of you and Tim in front of Pirates.
It was fun to see all the different villians since they aren't out in the parks as much as all the other characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
That's so strange that the parade just stopped like that! At least you got to see most of it!

I love that picture in front of the Pirates sign!

The Villains show was so cute, I'm glad we stopped to watch it, but it seemed kind of short, didn't it?
The best part is we were stuck in the middle of a large crowd when the parade stopped..so we didn't know what to do

It was short...I was just getting into the music and embarassing Tim with my dance moves and it was over

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Talk about a memorable ending to the parade. At least you were able to see pretty much all of the parade.

The Villains show looked very cool, wish I had stopped to watch it.
Tim thought it was great, because he had never heard of that happening, but at least we got to see the whole parade pretty much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
The parade stopped? Wow! I've never heard of anything like that! I'm glad everyone was okay, though!

You got some good villian pictures!! Can't wait to see who you got up close and personal with!
I think the CMs handled it so well that most people didn't even really realize anything happened...but it was odd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow... that's an odd way to end a parade.

I guess you can look at it as you got some "bonus" villain time when they came back by.
They did stop and shake hands and spend some time with the crowd on their way back, so that was nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Cool! Villains! Never seen that show, so it looks pretty interesting. And that is a weird way to end a parade. What amazes me is that they seem to have a contingency plan for everything, and act like it's all part of the show!
It was great, not one CM looked worried or confused...they just smiled and clapped to the music which kept playing...I'd probably be the one CM to give away the problem by accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow what a bizarre thing to happen during the parade! I can't believe that the brakes went on one of the floats however it means you guys had a unique viewing of the parade that no one else will get to see!

Love the POTC pic

Yay on getting such a good spot for the Villains Mix and Mingle show and getting the snaps afterwards. We never got to meet any of the villains because of rain but am looking forward to seeing who it was you met.
That was exactly how Tim thought of it, I think he felt special that something random like that happened when we were watching

I just picked the open spot in front of the stage and I think we lucked out with a great villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto15 View Post
Congratulations! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow so weird about the parade...I was afraid you were going to say, "The brakes went out on one of the floats and ran over one of the CM's!" Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I can't believe how soaked you guys got! Even after watching the parade, you'd think you'd air out by then!
Oh no, nothing bad like that!! I don't think any damage or injuries occured...just a long pause in the parade

I know...my poor hair was ruined for the rest of the night, of course thats what I cared about!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: