Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #61
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

HAHA I love the story about the crazy guy sitting behind you. I'm at work so I was trying hard not to laugh out loud. Looks like a great start to your trip, I'm glad to hear you liked Pollo Campero because I've been wanting to try it and it's reassuring to hear that it was good.

Also, I want you to know that reading your PTR got me hooked on trading vinylmations as well and I had so much fun on my trip to DL and last trip to WDW!
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #62
archdandy
DIS Veteran

You're shirts are adorable! I always loved that movie. I can't wait to hear about the party. I hope you guys had fun!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #63
pinkfairy1684
Mouseketeer

Hi! Just catching up on your TR! Congratulations on your engagement! Can't wait to read more!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #64
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Omgosh LOVE the shirts! Where did you get them?!
Thank you Tim was looking around online and found them on hot topic's website..very random but a great find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Can't think of a better way to start the party than getting to say hi to Mickey himself!

The shirts look good. That was a great idea to use them for costumes for the party, without having to pack a bunch of extra stuff.
We saw some amazing costumes, but it was great to just be comfortable and enjoy the party as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Shannon, I love the t-shirts...they are absolutely great!

What a nice surprise you got for Tim.

Cute picture of you guys with the main Mouse.
Thank you I was trying so hard to surprise him, the gift didn't really matter, just the fact that he was surprised was awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
The shirts are adorable!

Presents are exciting! Especially when they include books and food I didn't realize the Florists delivered such un-flower-y gifts! Were they the regular ears or halloween themed as well?
The ears were just the standard Mickey ones...but they have soooo many different options on their webpage and can personalize it by switching out things or adding things...really cool stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
That was so sweet of you to get a surprise present for Tim. Very thoughtful!

What better way to start the Halloween Party than to see the man of the hour, himself? And you guys both look so excited and happy in the picture. Now I can't wait to hear how the party went.
We were pretty pumped to see Mickey and be in a park, especially MK! At this point the fact that I had 2 hours of sleep hadn't kicked in yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love those shirts! I'm sure you were definitely a hit at the party.
Thank you we got so many compliments it was fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on surprising Tim and being able to pull it off!!

Love the shirts and the meet and greet with Mickey. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the party.
I think the party was a big highlight of the trip, wish I could do it over again now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I love your ring! I'm so happy for you all. Have you started looking at Disney weddings?

Sounds like the trip is off to a great start!
Thank you we actually have done some wedding planning already...maybe I will do a mini update on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
Your shirts are adorable! I can't wait to read all about the party. We got to go for my DS's 5th birthday which was a whopping 6 years ago. That was the best time we ever had at Disney. I'd love to go back and do the party again but it just doesn't work out with DS's school schedule.
The party was so much fun, thats too bad you aren't able to fit it in your schedule though! It was our first time going to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
I would absolutely LOVE to go to WDW around Christmas time!! I think that's what DH and I are planning to do in 2013!! I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it would just be even more magical that DW already is!

It is a whole lot of fun planning out your wedding! My favorite part was picking out the cake! haha (and of course the honeymoon destination! lol) I hope your planning continues to go well!

I just caught up with your TR and I'm loving it! That's sweet of the CM to give you a flower!
I also liked the present idea that you got Tim!! That's awesome! I bet he really liked it!
You guy's shirts for MNSSHP were so stinkin' cute!! I bet it was a hit at the party, becasue they are awesome! That was such a good idea!
Can't wait to read more!
We have been doing a lot of planning, its so much fun!! but oh my gosh the prices add up and we have a strict budget, its a little crazy!!

It was so nice to have shirts instead of full out costumes, though I really admired the costumes people put together!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like a nice gift for Tim...and I'm glad you pulled off the surprise! He'd better get his act together if he's going to top that.
We had rice crispy treats for breakfast the next morning so it was good for both of us

Yeah he is such a slacker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
HAHA I love the story about the crazy guy sitting behind you. I'm at work so I was trying hard not to laugh out loud. Looks like a great start to your trip, I'm glad to hear you liked Pollo Campero because I've been wanting to try it and it's reassuring to hear that it was good.

Also, I want you to know that reading your PTR got me hooked on trading vinylmations as well and I had so much fun on my trip to DL and last trip to WDW!
We still talk about the guy...it cracks me up!! I think my fried chicken at Pollo Campero was better than DF's chicken fingers if you do go

I am so glad you guys tried Vinlymation trading, its addictive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
You're shirts are adorable! I always loved that movie. I can't wait to hear about the party. I hope you guys had fun!
The party was a blast!! in fact I was almost trying to convince Tim to do a second party that week

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Hi! Just catching up on your TR! Congratulations on your engagement! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you so much, I still can't believe it and its been almost a month since it happened
Old 11-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #65
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

mini life update!

I figured hey why not do a mini life update...we have been having lots of fun lately so why not share that - plus most of it is Disney related

Our friends took us out recently wine tasting around different vineyards in VA to celebrate our engagement

Last weekend I ran a half marathon in Richmond and Tim was nice enough to brave the cold to take pictures and cheer me on!! I am training for the marathon in WDW in January

After the half marathon...we went to a DISmeet here in Virginia and got to meet Pete Werner - the host of Disunplugged Podcast and such a sweet man in person!! He took time to talk with us about our wedding and his recent trip to Aulani, plus we got to meet other DIS people in our area Also the meet was to raise money for Give Kids the World

Pete holds a special place in our heart, because his podcast talked about the singles threads here on the DISboards, which Tim heard and in turn posted something. Which I found a few months later...and thats how we ended up together. Plus during the podcast 5th anniversary show they read Tim's email about his plan to propose he played it for me during our trip after the proposal of course and it was so sweet it made me cry!!

Heres a pic of us with Pete:

We have actually been having a lot of fun planning our wedding. We decided against a traditional wedding, so next September we are getting married here (with different decor)

The beach area of Swan and Dolphin

We knew right away a Disney Cruise was our honeymoon choice. So that brought us to Florida We looked at Disney weddings and they are restrictive about the number of people for small weddings...so even though their venues are beautiful it didn't work for us....plus I have always wanted to get married on the beach...so there you have it, still Disney property and a beach all together!

We are only inviting some immediate family and close friends trying to stay under 50 people total ..very laid back!

I am SO excited...plus while we are on the cruise our family and friends are taking this opportunity to have vacations after the wedding in Disney World

...I promise I will do a trip update asap

Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #66
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you're training for the marathon in January! I still haven't completed the Couch to 5K! My goal for next year is to complete it and run a 5K in Disney World. I'd really love to do the Royal Family 5K, since it's in Epcot, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get down there in Feb.

That's so cool that you got to meet the Podcast guy! I admit, I know nothing about the podcasts! I love that you and Tim met on the DISboards!

AHHH I'm so jealous you're getting married in Disney! Aren't the actual Disney weddings ridiculous? I was thinking of doing an Escape wedding, and I looked into it and priced it and everything, but it was just way too much money for like 10 people. I looked into the Swan and Dolphin too, it looks like you're going to have a beautiful location!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #67
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love that you got to meet Pete and that you were able to hear the podcast of "Tim's" proposal.

I think the area you picked for the wedding is lovely? When in September? We'll be there in September and would love to say hello if you had the time.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #68
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't believe you're training for the marathon in January! I still haven't completed the Couch to 5K! My goal for next year is to complete it and run a 5K in Disney World. I'd really love to do the Royal Family 5K, since it's in Epcot, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get down there in Feb.
Ugh, I have to start the Couch to 5K soon, too. and, hey, if you need more time to train, there's always the Expedition Everst 5K in May...

Shannon, that is so cool that you got to meet Pete and that you're planning to marry at the Swan and Dolphin. It's such a beautiful resort, and DFTWs are ridiculously expensive! Especially if you have to invite more than 10-20 people. Besides, at the Swan, you and Tim are still going to be getting that Disney feel. A cruise is such a nice honeymoon choice. Perfect way to follow up a wedding at WDW.

I'm cheering you on (mentally) for your WDW marathon in January. That just seems like such a long distance; I always have instant respect for anyone who's competed in one. Being an amateur runner, you guys have such a strong dedication and personal motivation to train and prepare for something like that.

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #69
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 11-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #70
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

That's nice of your friends to take you wine tasting - looks like you had a great day!

Wow at running a half marathon!! I did a 5k a while ago and that was enough!

Love that you got to meet Pete and he took time out to speak to the both of you about the wedding

Having the wedding at the beach area of Swan and Dolphin sounds like an excellent idea! It looks so pretty
Old 11-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #71
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the location for the wedding! That is just so beautiful. What a great idea. It's going to be awesome.

That's the kind of wedding that I would like too. Laid back, small, not too much fuss. Just perfect. And a Disney Cruise for the honeymoon?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #72
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I like your idea for the wedding location. Plans look great!

That's cool that you got to go to the Dis meet and meet Pete. I'm sure he probably appreciated the story of how his podcast tied into the two of you meeting and getting engaged.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #73
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

That's so cool that you got to meet the Podcast guy! I admit, I know nothing about the podcasts! I love that you and Tim met on the DISboards!

AHHH I'm so jealous you're getting married in Disney! Aren't the actual Disney weddings ridiculous? I was thinking of doing an Escape wedding, and I looked into it and priced it and everything, but it was just way too much money for like 10 people. I looked into the Swan and Dolphin too, it looks like you're going to have a beautiful location!
I am hoping I can do it...even though I have been running for the last couple years, I am still so slow

I knew nothing about podcasts before I met Tim, so no worries

I am so excited about the wedding, now I have to wait a year!

I played around with the prices for an actual Disney wedding and the prices are crazy (then again prices for any wedding add up quick) but hey a girl can pretend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love that you got to meet Pete and that you were able to hear the podcast of "Tim's" proposal.

I think the area you picked for the wedding is lovely? When in September? We'll be there in September and would love to say hello if you had the time.
We will be arriving Thur. September 20th and the wedding itself is Friday September 21st We would love to meet you and say hello, when are you guys going to be down there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ugh, I have to start the Couch to 5K soon, too. and, hey, if you need more time to train, there's always the Expedition Everst 5K in May...

Shannon, that is so cool that you got to meet Pete and that you're planning to marry at the Swan and Dolphin. It's such a beautiful resort, and DFTWs are ridiculously expensive! Especially if you have to invite more than 10-20 people. Besides, at the Swan, you and Tim are still going to be getting that Disney feel. A cruise is such a nice honeymoon choice. Perfect way to follow up a wedding at WDW.

I'm cheering you on (mentally) for your WDW marathon in January. That just seems like such a long distance; I always have instant respect for anyone who's competed in one. Being an amateur runner, you guys have such a strong dedication and personal motivation to train and prepare for something like that.
Thank you so much Really though I need to stop and start fresh with the couch to 5k plan or something, because I swear most people can walk faster than I run I usually do a walk/run, because I can't actually run longer than 6 or 7 miles without a walk break.

I have been having so much fun planning the wedding so far, but now I am impatient waiting for the year to go by

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
That's nice of your friends to take you wine tasting - looks like you had a great day!

Wow at running a half marathon!! I did a 5k a while ago and that was enough!

Love that you got to meet Pete and he took time out to speak to the both of you about the wedding

Having the wedding at the beach area of Swan and Dolphin sounds like an excellent idea! It looks so pretty
I said the same thing after my first 5k...so you never know!!

Thank you, we are very excited about our location...fingers crossed it won't rain, if it does we have a nice back up location inside the resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love the location for the wedding! That is just so beautiful. What a great idea. It's going to be awesome.

That's the kind of wedding that I would like too. Laid back, small, not too much fuss. Just perfect. And a Disney Cruise for the honeymoon?
Thank you we are a very laid back couple and I get a little flustered when there are too many variables so this is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I like your idea for the wedding location. Plans look great!

That's cool that you got to go to the Dis meet and meet Pete. I'm sure he probably appreciated the story of how his podcast tied into the two of you meeting and getting engaged.
Thank you its been fun planning!!

He was such a nice guy and it was fun to meet DIS people in our area!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #74
ditsypixie
Mouseketeer

The beach and Disney sound perfect!: I cant' wait to hear all the planning. I love hearing and reading about weddings especially since mine was so long ago (14 years!)

And good job on running! I have only run 5k's here and there...too scared to bump it up to next level
Old 11-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #75
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
We actually have set a date already, I know that was pretty quick lol but we decided on next September 21st 2012...I cannot wait!!
I'm subbing in. Your TR looks great so far! I'm pretty new at DIS, but I already love it and am totally hooked

Love your wedding date....we were married Sept 21, 2002. So we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in Disney while you are getting married

Your ring is gorgeous! Even though it was a very long time ago, I still remember days of just sitting there watching the sunlight glitter off my new ring

Congrats and can't wait to hear more about the trip and the wedding!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: