Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #46
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Awww that was nice of the CM to give you a flower!

Yay, love going to to DTD on the first Disney day! We never really schedule it that way, but we always seem to end up there!

Your windows were so cute, I wish I did that last year at POR!

Can't wait to see who's at the door...

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #47
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the engagement! Can't wait to read all about it!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a great time at DTD. It only takes one trade to be hooked on Vinylmations, and D Street is a perfect spot.
I love your window decorations, especially your Mickey head border.

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP.
I used to think trading pins or vinylmations were sort of silly..I was so wrong...I love it!!
Thank you!! I used different paint samples from Home Depot with the Mickey heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Hi Shannon!

Am following you over from IheartDDuck and Stefy's TR's!

Congratulations on the engagement! How exciting!
and Thank you for the congrats!! I am glad to have you reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Coming over from archdandy's PTR. I love engagement/disneymoon trip reports. Your signs are so cute!

I didn't know they gave out flowers! Is that normal at Pop (never been there)? Or just a random thing?

The Lego statues are probably my favorite thing about Downtown Disney.
Thank you for joining

I have stayed there around 4 or 5 times before and that is the first time I was ever surprised with a flower, very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have no idea HOW I missed your first updates -- the ride on the ME bus. I have to tell you I was cracking up and rolling my eyes at the same time. I think the guy was full of himself and obviously had never been on the DIS to know all that we know.

I love that your room was ready for you when you arrived and you were able to head over to DTD. How sweet they gave you a flower.
I think I was doing the same thing on the bus, I couldnt believe what he was saying but still it was hilarious to me!

It was a great beginning to our vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Who was at the door???
I promise I am posting an update next

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay at arriving to your room...it sure is an awesome feeling!

Love the window signs and am intrigued by the knock at the door.
It really is the best getting your first Disney moments in of the trip

Thank you!! I noticed a lot of people at our resort had decorated their windows...so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ok, I typed up a reply earlier and lost it when our internet went out, so let's try this again....

I love Pop, and actually we've stayed at the far reaches in the 90's on the third floor... Probably not a room I'd request, but it was actually kind of nice being all the way out there. It was preaceful at least. I'll always be a little less picky if they're going to put me in an available room right away.

DTD looks like it was fun. I still haven't bought any vinylmations, but that may be an investment I'll have to make in a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to the MNSSHP update and I have no idea who was at the door, so I'll go with the safest guess and say mousekeeping.
You are right, it was a long walk most days, but it sure was nice and quiet in our room and in our area of the resort

I couldn't believe the money we spent on those...I didnt realize how quickly it adds up but it was fun

MNSSHP was a highlight of our trip, very fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjennings View Post
I found your PTR and TR from Southern Tinkerbelle's "They Lived Happlily Ever After" TR. Congrats on your engagment! What an exciting time!!

We ate at Pollo Campero back in May and really liked it. I enjoy trying new foods at Disney Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
Welcome and thank you for joining in on our TR

It was really good and empty - not sure many people knew about it because all the other places were packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Woohoo! Two new updates! It's always the best feeling when you finally arrive in Disney! I'm sure if they could bottle that feeling they would make millions

How awesome that you got a flower when you arrived. It makes being in Disney that much sweeter

I can't wait to hear about the rest of you trip. It's always so exciting to read a trip report that has just started.
I would be first in line for a bottle of the arrival to Disney!!!

It was a sweet beginning to the trip, made me smile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Awww that was nice of the CM to give you a flower!

Yay, love going to to DTD on the first Disney day! We never really schedule it that way, but we always seem to end up there!

Your windows were so cute, I wish I did that last year at POR!

Can't wait to see who's at the door...
We were really excited to get our first taste of Disney without exhausting ourselves before the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Congrats on the engagement! Can't wait to read all about it!
Thank you very much
Old 11-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #49
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I probably built up the knock at the door to be a lot more exciting than it was

It was the Disney Florist with a delivery!! For Tim I picked out a nice Halloween gift to surprise him with! We are terrible with surprises so I did catch him off guard with this one which was very fun I ordered him a Halloween Mickey - he is decked out in RnR gear

Plus the Hidden Mickey book and a set of ears (not pictured here) and Halloween rice crispy treats in the shape of candy corn and mickey ears (not pictured - we snacked on these early in the trip and I forgot to get a picture )

I was so happy that I was able to surprise Tim I was pretty proud of myself (little did I know at that time he had a surprise of his own)

I forgot to mention while we were at DTD we spotted a guest services area and went in to get our MNSSHP tickets which we paid for and had waiting at will call. I also upgraded my ticket to an Annual Pass I was so excited!! Plus we purchased the Tables in Wonderland card to save money on our food

After our surprise we finished getting ready and were off to MK for the party...we were there right before 4 and there was a line to get in. Once we were in we noticed right away that Mickey had no line for his meet and greet area..we went to say hello

Our first character interaction and our fun Halloween shirts - which I think were a hit at the party and I am so happy we got these

Up next...we get to partying at MK
Old 11-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #50
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Omgosh LOVE the shirts! Where did you get them?!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 11-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #51
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Can't think of a better way to start the party than getting to say hi to Mickey himself!

The shirts look good. That was a great idea to use them for costumes for the party, without having to pack a bunch of extra stuff.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Shannon, I love the t-shirts...they are absolutely great!

What a nice surprise you got for Tim.

Cute picture of you guys with the main Mouse.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #53
Merida
DIS Veteran

The shirts are adorable!

Presents are exciting! Especially when they include books and food I didn't realize the Florists delivered such un-flower-y gifts! Were they the regular ears or halloween themed as well?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #54
amazingact21
Upendi

That was so sweet of you to get a surprise present for Tim. Very thoughtful!

What better way to start the Halloween Party than to see the man of the hour, himself? And you guys both look so excited and happy in the picture. Now I can't wait to hear how the party went.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #55
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love those shirts! I'm sure you were definitely a hit at the party.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #56
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on surprising Tim and being able to pull it off!!

Love the shirts and the meet and greet with Mickey. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the party.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #57
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I love your ring! I'm so happy for you all. Have you started looking at Disney weddings?

Sounds like the trip is off to a great start!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #58
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

Your shirts are adorable! I can't wait to read all about the party. We got to go for my DS's 5th birthday which was a whopping 6 years ago. That was the best time we ever had at Disney. I'd love to go back and do the party again but it just doesn't work out with DS's school schedule.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #59
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I really want to do Christmas again at WDW...but I think fall has to be my favorite time of year there

So far it has been fun planning, but I am sure there were be plenty of stressful moments...thankfully Tim is patient
I would absolutely LOVE to go to WDW around Christmas time!! I think that's what DH and I are planning to do in 2013!! I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it would just be even more magical that DW already is!

It is a whole lot of fun planning out your wedding! My favorite part was picking out the cake! haha (and of course the honeymoon destination! lol) I hope your planning continues to go well!

I just caught up with your TR and I'm loving it! That's sweet of the CM to give you a flower!
I also liked the present idea that you got Tim!! That's awesome! I bet he really liked it!
You guy's shirts for MNSSHP were so stinkin' cute!! I bet it was a hit at the party, becasue they are awesome! That was such a good idea!
Can't wait to read more!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #60
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like a nice gift for Tim...and I'm glad you pulled off the surprise! He'd better get his act together if he's going to top that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: