Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Congratulations!!!

I look forward to to reading about the trip!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...back to catch up later.

And now I can officialy say CONGRATULATIONS here (even though I already did it on Facebook!).
Umm...how am I not friends with either of you (Kathy or Shannon!) on FB??? I'm PM'ing you both right now!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Congrats on the engagement, and how awesome it is to a fellow DISer.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to hear about everything.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here!!! Omg congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful, it looks just like mine!
Thank you so much I keep staring at the ring, I love it and I can't believe it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Congrats on your engagement! It's such an awesome story that you guys met right here on the DIS! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your proposal!
Thank you!! We had a great trip and I can't wait to share all of our fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffyxoxo View Post
Congrats!!!........... Can I ask how you did the Mickey nail varnish? Was it a transfer? x
Thanks!! I actually went and had a manicure done at a nail salon and asked them to paint the Mickey on my nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
Hello, there!! I'm subbing in!! I can't wait to read more about your trip!! We are going in Oct. 2012 so it will be awesome to see how much fun you guys had!! CONGRATS on your engagement!! Marriage is totally awesome!! I just got married in Feb., and I'm loving it!! We went to DW for a disneymoon! I highly recommend it! Can't wait to read more!
Glad to have you reading along We had SO much fun and I LOVE fall time at WDW, I think you will love that time of year too!! We have already started planning the wedding and I am so excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
Congratulations on your engagement Im subbing in for the trip report
Thank you so much !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
YAY...you started your TR! Congrats on your engagement!!! Your ring is so beautiful!
Thank you!! He did a great job picking out just the ring for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...back to catch up later.

And now I can officialy say CONGRATULATIONS here (even though I already did it on Facebook!).
yay!! I am glad to have you reading along and thank you again for the congrats...I still love hearing it because I feel like its new every time someone finds out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Congratulations!!!

What an AWESOME start to a TR! Can't wait to read how it all happened!
Thank you!! I can't wait to share the story!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Congratulations Shannon! That's great news!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
Looking forward to reading your TR! We are staying at POP for the first time on our upcoming trip so I'm interested in hearing about your experience there.

Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!
We really love POP! I think you get a great moneys worth and its a fun resort!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I'm so excited, you started your TR!

Annnnddd.... [COLOR="Blue"]CONGRATULATIONS!COLOR]

It's so great to see you and Tim are engaged, and I can't wait to hear all about it. and that ring is gorgeous!
Thank you so much, I guess I sort of let the cat out of the bag on your report

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
AHHHHH! First, I'm super excited that you started a TR but more importantly...

Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it! I can't blame you for going ahead and letting it out instead of waiting to reveal it in the TR, it about killed me doing that in my TR You're ring is beautiful! See, we all said Tim was a keeper.. he just proved us right

Also, do you have a date yet?
Thank you!!! I don't know how you waited to reveal your engagement, it was killing me I just wanted to tell everyone We actually have set a date already, I know that was pretty quick lol but we decided on next September 21st 2012...I cannot wait!! He was very happy when I showed him your reply about being a keeper, made him smile!

Someone needs to tell me all about their running experiences and update their report *hint hint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Joining in!

Congratulations on your engagement - how exciting!! Looking forward to hearing all about the proposal
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Congratulations!!!

I look forward to to reading about the trip!
Thank you I never get tired of hearing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Umm...how am I not friends with either of you (Kathy or Shannon!) on FB??? I'm PM'ing you both right now!
Looks like we fixed that problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Congrats on the engagement, and how awesome it is to a fellow DISer.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Congratulations!!!!! I can't wait to hear about everything.
Thank you All these congrats have me even more excited now!!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
MsmChick
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!! That is soo exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it and read your TR!! I'm sure you definitely had a *MAGICAL* time! :

Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #22
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsmChick View Post
Congratulations!! That is soo exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it and read your TR!! I'm sure you definitely had a *MAGICAL* time! :
Thank you so much It was a very magical time, I wish we could go back and do it again
Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #23
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

We have to leave...but I only slept for 2 hours!!

I feel like this vacation was one we were super prepared for. Everything was packed and ready to go and I laid down in bed at 7 pm...and watched tv...and rolled around. I was exhausted from running 10 miles that morning...but could not fall asleep Tim fell asleep right away when he went to bed a few hours later. I am not sure if I ever fell asleep or just laid there with my eyes closed Either way our alarm went off at 3 am

As tired as we were, once that alarm went off we were up and getting ready right away We left our condo and hit the road to Tim's parents house. We changed cars and Tim's dad drove us to the airport super early (I just like to get through security as soon as possible)

I swear we were the first people at our gate waiting

Very excited to get to Orlando

Our flight was quick and ordinary which is always a good thing for flying I slept a tiny bit and tried reading. We were landing before I knew it and racing off to our ME bus!!

This was the first time I have ever had a real wait for a bus, but about 15 or 20 minutes later we were on board and in the very first set of seats

Usually my ME bus ride is pretty boring, but this time around we were SOOOO excited and had some random guy behind us that kept us entertained.

Once the video started and it explained the check in process...the guy behind us started getting a little irritated (he was speaking to his wife during these conversations) about the fact that he didn't know about online check in. So he proceeds to call people back home to get his confirmation number and attempt to do online check in from his phone about 40 minutes away from arriving at his resort He became even more irritated once the characters in the video announced check in time is 3 pm He was so angry he couldn't get in his room earlier (which of course just depends on the room availability)

I don't know why, but we found this hilarious...I mean at that point theres really no use for online check in...but not according to this guy!!

Because we grabbed the first seat I got some great pictures of the entrance sign which made me very happy

Random guy's wife starts taking pictures and he says "We've been here 4 times the last 3 years and now you want a picture of the sign" How come idiots like this get to go that often (plus he was staying at AKL which I was jealous of )

We stopped at Caribbean Beach to drop off a few guests, during which the guy became irritated for some reason and mumbled something to himself. We both started laughing...Tim was certain he said "Jesus Walt" but I disagree I am pretty sure he said "Eagle Vault" Neither make sense but I was crying I was laughing so hard

We were off to POP! and I was in a great mood
Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #24
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Gotta love the crazies!!! They're everywhere, I tell you. I would have been cracking up along with you. I have no understanding of people who seem to be irritated by the tiniest things. Just go with the flow people. It's not that serious.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #25
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your ME ride sounds like it was fun! I don't get how they have been there 4 times in 3 years and didn't know about online check in!

Love your pics of the entrance sign!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #26
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! How exciting! Enjoyed reading your PTR and looking forward to your trip report
Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #27
amazingact21
Upendi

Four visits in three years and no idea about on-line check-in? I'd hate to see how much that guy and his wife are missing at the parks if they are unaware about something as basic as check-in.

At least he gave you and Tim entertainment on the ME ride over. Can't wait to read more.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

Wow, the ME guy sounds like a treat to be around. Could you imagine vacationing with the guy?

Can't wait for the next update!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, I am totally using 'Eagle Vault' as my new 'I'm frustrated' phrase!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol love the random conversations you overheard on your ME journey!

Yay on getting a great pic of the WDW sign!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: