Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #151
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,213

I LOVE Tim's Beverly face!! He looks like "why did you make me do this, Shannon?"!!!

All of your pictures are fantastic! I guess you and I are both crazy-- no matter how late we get back we always get up for rope drop the next morning.

It looks like you had a great time!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #152
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,219

I'm glad that you're introducing Tim to EPCOT the right way... Soarin', Test Track, Beverly!

I'd be exhausted after that first day. I'd definitely still make myself get up and be at rope drop but I'd be tired. I hope it doesn't catch up with you later in the week.

I can't wait to read about your meal at the cellar.
afwdwfan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #153
Merida
DIS Veteran
 
Merida's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 735

The front row on Test Track is the best. Though I was kind of disappointed that they took away the brick wall (I think? I seem to remember a brick wall and it wasn't there when we rode).

We didn't do Club Cool; we've gone to the Coke place in Atlanta and have heard that Club Cool doesn't really compare at all. Is there other things in there besides the soda machines? Maybe I'll just save it for a Food and Wine trip to truly get the international snack experience
__________________
Merida is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #154
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,081

Oh my....I am over the expression on Tim's face after tasting the Beverly.

What a great update.

And, as we have a busy weekend, I wanted to wish you a

KatMark is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #155
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

They take the Test Track picture at such a weird place in the ride, it's too bad they don't take it when you're racing around the track! Everyone always looks bored in those pics!

So Tim didn't like the Beverly? Glad he tried it for you, even knowing it wouldn't be good!

Ahhh, I miss the Food and Wine festival! I wish I could go for 2 weeks, just to eat everything at those booths!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #156
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,652

Aaahh, Tim's expression over the Beverly is priceless! He just has this "what the...." face.

It sounds nuts...staying up late then waking up ridiculously early, but I completely understand because Alex and I do the same thing. You can sleep later...when you're not at WDW!

Those pork sliders from Hawaii sound sooo good. I keep kicking myself for not trying one.
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #157
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Hmm, not sure how I missed your Christmas eve update...anyway

GASP! DR. FACILIER!!! That's amazing! I had no idea he was in the parks! And I love that Gaston was out too. That's my hubbby's favorite villian. In fact, his DIS member name is Gaston something...can't remember he only posted like 3 times

Glad to hear he liked Soarin'. I completely understand what you mean by relaxing. The sights and smells of the ride is so comforting and it gives you a break from all the rushing about in the park. It's a good breather ride.

Mmm, the tuna sensation looks SENSATIONAL!....bear with me, i'm tired
Dr. Facilier was really spooky in person, loved him!! I think he is only out during MNSSHP...not sure though. Gaston is hilarious in person...Tim and I actually met through the disboards but he mostly lurks and doesn't post

The music and the smells on Soarin' just make me smile! The tuna sensation IS sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I LOVE Tim's Beverly face!! He looks like "why did you make me do this, Shannon?"!!!

All of your pictures are fantastic! I guess you and I are both crazy-- no matter how late we get back we always get up for rope drop the next morning.

It looks like you had a great time!
That's usually what he is saying

We were so determined to see everything possible during that trip...later in the week we threw in the towel we were exhausted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that you're introducing Tim to EPCOT the right way... Soarin', Test Track, Beverly!

I'd be exhausted after that first day. I'd definitely still make myself get up and be at rope drop but I'd be tired. I hope it doesn't catch up with you later in the week.

I can't wait to read about your meal at the cellar.
I know I really hit him with the good stuff right away that morning!! I don't know why but I tried Beverly again too..ick!!

It really caught up with us later in the week...but the crowds grew as the week went on, so it was a good decision to do all the big stuff first thing in the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
The front row on Test Track is the best. Though I was kind of disappointed that they took away the brick wall (I think? I seem to remember a brick wall and it wasn't there when we rode).

We didn't do Club Cool; we've gone to the Coke place in Atlanta and have heard that Club Cool doesn't really compare at all. Is there other things in there besides the soda machines? Maybe I'll just save it for a Food and Wine trip to truly get the international snack experience
Hmm I dont know about a brick wall...

My best friend from college lives down in Atlanta...we were near the Coke place and I have seen the outside, but we didnt go in it. In Club Cool there is the soda machines and merchandise...but hey its free soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh my....I am over the expression on Tim's face after tasting the Beverly.

What a great update.

And, as we have a busy weekend, I wanted to wish you a

He hated that Beverly...and I loved the reaction He took a whole cup full too and drank it all at once..silly guy!!

Hope you guys had a wonderful New Years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
They take the Test Track picture at such a weird place in the ride, it's too bad they don't take it when you're racing around the track! Everyone always looks bored in those pics!

So Tim didn't like the Beverly? Glad he tried it for you, even knowing it wouldn't be good!

Ahhh, I miss the Food and Wine festival! I wish I could go for 2 weeks, just to eat everything at those booths!
I wish they took it when you first go outside...at least you would get an interesting reaction!

He expected not to like it, i dont think he realized how bad it truly is until he drank it

I LOVE the food and wine festival, I have a hard time touring EPCOT without it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Aaahh, Tim's expression over the Beverly is priceless! He just has this "what the...." face.

It sounds nuts...staying up late then waking up ridiculously early, but I completely understand because Alex and I do the same thing. You can sleep later...when you're not at WDW!

Those pork sliders from Hawaii sound sooo good. I keep kicking myself for not trying one.
He was so mad I didn't warn him more...he knew it was going to be bad, but he took a big gulp of it!

We go to bed so early at home, it was hard staying up late, but we did it!

The pork sliders were my favorite from the whole thing...we went back for more later!
Shannon84 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #158
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,812

Hey sugar plum

I am officially caught up and having a ball reading your TR! I have to say everytime I look at a picture of you.,. I see my friend Christie....I think you guys could definitely be related!

I hope you had an amazing holiday season
Queenofallthings is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #159
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 508

Glad Tim liked Soarin'! It is probably my favorite ride ever! I am with you...it just relaxes me and makes me happy.

Love all the food and drink pictures...keep them coming!
__________________
(me)(dh)(dd,12)(ds ,9)
ditsypixie is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #160
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,907

Looks like the MNSSHP was a lot of fun. And you're doing a great job of giving Tim the EPCOT tour. Could you be any less excited on Test Track?

And the Beverly face is awesome!

Looking forward to Le Cellier...
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #161
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Happy New Year!

Yay on meeting Dr. Facilier - love the shots of the two of you with him!

You sure lucked out with the characters Lol love what Lady Tremaine said to the person trying to spoil your pic!

I totally get waht you're saying about being tired but still managing to get up early when at Disney World!! It's one of the few places I actually didn't mind being woken up by the alarm!

Sounds like you both had a great day at Epcot...yay on Tim trying Beverly!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #162
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey sugar plum

I am officially caught up and having a ball reading your TR! I have to say everytime I look at a picture of you.,. I see my friend Christie....I think you guys could definitely be related!

I hope you had an amazing holiday season
Hi!!! So glad to have you reading along still I hope you guys had an amazing holiday season!! We had a great Christmas and relaxed New Years...it was wonderful!!

That is too funny...maybe in some crazy way Christie and I are related Totally random...but my grandmother moved to the states when she was in her early 20's...so I am part Canadian


Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
Glad Tim liked Soarin'! It is probably my favorite ride ever! I am with you...it just relaxes me and makes me happy.

Love all the food and drink pictures...keep them coming!
I know, how can you not love that ride

I loved trying all the food and wine at the festival...too bad it wasn't all free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like the MNSSHP was a lot of fun. And you're doing a great job of giving Tim the EPCOT tour. Could you be any less excited on Test Track?

And the Beverly face is awesome!

Looking forward to Le Cellier...
I think we were still sleeping on the start of Test Track from our late night at MNSSHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Happy New Year!

Yay on meeting Dr. Facilier - love the shots of the two of you with him!

You sure lucked out with the characters Lol love what Lady Tremaine said to the person trying to spoil your pic!

I totally get waht you're saying about being tired but still managing to get up early when at Disney World!! It's one of the few places I actually didn't mind being woken up by the alarm!

Sounds like you both had a great day at Epcot...yay on Tim trying Beverly!
Happy New Year to you too!! I hope you had a great holiday season!!
We were really lucky to find all the characters in the hub area!!

I always tell myself I have to get up early, its not every day I'm at Disney!!
Shannon84 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #163
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,988



So I leave for WDW in 2 days!!! This trip is with my mom, I feel so bad leaving Tim behind, but my mom is super excited and she needs this vacation from work!!

I promise when I return next week I will be so good about updating this report in a timely manner..I am sorry it has been dragging on!!
Shannon84 is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #164
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,652

I don't know if I'll be on the DISboards much tomorrow, so I just wanted to make sure I stopped by today and said:


Good luck at the marathon this weekend!!!!!

I'll be rooting for you, and I cannot wait to hear all about it when you return!


Also, I hope you have an awesome time with your mother at WDW. I know it'll be a little sad without Tim, but mother/daughter time is priceless and such a great memory-maker.


Enjoy!!!
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #165
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post


So I leave for WDW in 2 days!!! This trip is with my mom, I feel so bad leaving Tim behind, but my mom is super excited and she needs this vacation from work!!

I promise when I return next week I will be so good about updating this report in a timely manner..I am sorry it has been dragging on!!
Hope you have an AMAZING trip with your mom Shannon...can't wait to hear all about it!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.