Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #136
Merida
DIS Veteran

Rides like Big Thunder are so fun at night! I think it's because it's harder to see the tracks and everything; though I love that they light up the fossil, etc.

How neat to get so close to the stage. I hope you met Facilier, he's my favorite of the ones that were available to meet (also, no weird mask).
Old 12-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #137
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Rides like Big Thunder are so fun at night! I think it's because it's harder to see the tracks and everything; though I love that they light up the fossil, etc.

How neat to get so close to the stage. I hope you met Facilier, he's my favorite of the ones that were available to meet (also, no weird mask).
Exactly that ride is so much fun at night...all the things that light up and like you said you cant see the track
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #138
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

So we were first in line to meet….

I loved Dr. Facilier in person!! We had watched Princess and the Frog during one of our theme nights and both loved it He was larger than life in person and I am so glad we were able to meet him!!

We didn’t have time to get in line and meet any of the other villains from the show…but since we were already in the hub area we found some more awesome characters to meet.

I LOVED Gaston he was so funny, when Tim said it was great to meet him, he replied “The pleasure is all yours”
Since Beauty and the Beast is my favorite princess movie this was one of my favorites to meet

Love the expressions!!

We started to wait in line for another set of characters when they had to leave for a break. Since we were already in a great spot we stayed there to watch HalloWishes. I didn’t take any firework pictures, because I promised this year I would just take in the moments and also our camera does not take great night time or fireworks pictures. I really enjoyed this version of the fireworks and the music

Right after the fireworks ended some of Tim’s favorite gals showed back up...someone walked through our picture and Lady Tremaine yelled out "No, no don't worry we aren't taking pictures here"

After we had met our share of villains we returned to Tomorrowland...we didn't go in this attraction...but I made Tim stop for a picture just because of our shirts

We made it on Buzz after waiting a while, something was wrong with some of the vehicles and they had to cycle the ride a few times...luckily our ride went smoothly and we were very into it obviously...

This poor ride...I tried to convince Tim it was awesome but it could seriously use a rehab on the ride vehicles especially

We rode Space Mountain again...the CM was the same one from earlier and was excited to see our shirts again...he made us feel special...Tim got to ride in the front this time and loved it After we left that ride we stumbled into a dance party with Stitch and Chip and Dale...we danced with them and had a great time

At this point we were both exhausted from the long day and running around the party...we saw that Tiana was out with Naveen and I just stared for a few minutes before Tim realized I was just out of it and staring off into space

We took a few more pictures on our way out and headed back to POP and I had to show off all the border options

At some point we decided to check out some of the empty candy lines during the night...I just remembered when Tim reminded me to add that in, plus you can see Tim was carrying around a bag with candy for us There were tons of great candy options...I have read some complaints in the boards about the candy...but there were name brands and they gave us plenty even though we were adults alone. On our way out for the night they give you more candy

I know it was busy in the bus area...but didn't take us too long to get back to the resort and we fell asleep right away
Old 12-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #139
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I know what it's like to reach the end of the day and be so tired you're just completely spacing out. It sounds like you guys had a really great day though.

I love the fact that the villains are out during MNSSHP. You never get to meet them normally. I think they should rectify that situation.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #140
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update. I love all the pictures with all the characters (love the face on Gaston).

Merry Christmas to you and Tim.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #141
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh man, I know what it's like to reach the end of the day and be so tired you're just completely spacing out. It sounds like you guys had a really great day though.

I love the fact that the villains are out during MNSSHP. You never get to meet them normally. I think they should rectify that situation.
I hated to leave the party it was so much fun!! But it was way past my bed time

I really wish you could meet the villains more often too! They really fit in great with the Halloween theme at the party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. I love all the pictures with all the characters (love the face on Gaston).

Merry Christmas to you and Tim.

That Gaston was a hoot

Merry Christmas to you, Mark, and the whole family too We hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #142
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!

Great update! You met so many characters, I was too afraid to meet any of the ones that could talk to you! I would have loved to meet Dr. Facilier, I love Princess and the Frog! I can't stand Gaston, though, to me, he's not even a villain, he's just a jerk.

Great pics in front of the castle!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #143
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Merry Christmas!

Great update! You met so many characters, I was too afraid to meet any of the ones that could talk to you! I would have loved to meet Dr. Facilier, I love Princess and the Frog! I can't stand Gaston, though, to me, he's not even a villain, he's just a jerk.

Great pics in front of the castle!
Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!

You have to meet villains, they are sooo cool to meet, trust me I get scared to meet the princesses! We can go on a girls trip and I'll make you meet characters!! Gaston was so funny talking with Tim...but I agree in the movie he is a big jerk!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #144
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That would be fun to get to meet with some of the villains like that. MNSSHP looks like a great experience. It is on the bucket list!

How much candy did you end up getting???
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #145
solana131
DIS Veteran

Looks like alot of fun! Do they always do the villains show, or is it just for Halloween? Would love to meet some of them

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #146
Merida
DIS Veteran

Yay for Facilier! Definitely my favorite out of the ones available to meet, though Gaston or the Tremaines (but they're available other places..) would be fun. I think that, over all, Princess and the Frog has some of the best meet and greets (followed closely by Tangled and Peter Pan, but they have fewer characters out).

I love the Buzz Lightyear ride so much, even the slight disrepair is forgivable because it evens the playing field between my boyfriend and I (he's a way better marksman so slightly wonky cars means we're both aiming blindly!).

Space Stitch! For all that people complain about Stitch being everywhere, I didn't see him at all on our trip. I was sad since he looks so plush and huggable!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #147
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Ahhh Gaston! *swoons* Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies as well and I love Gastons song in it! It sounds like you guys had a great time at the party. I can't wait to go for the first time next fall.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #148
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That would be fun to get to meet with some of the villains like that. MNSSHP looks like a great experience. It is on the bucket list!

How much candy did you end up getting???
You must do MNSSHP...I think we may try and do it again next year!!

We only hit up 2 candy lines and then the people on the way out..and we ended up with a half full bag of candy...I bet on busier nights its tougher to get more candy but we had enough for each of us to eat a couple pieces every night before bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Looks like alot of fun! Do they always do the villains show, or is it just for Halloween? Would love to meet some of them
The villains show is just during the halloween party...I think they have certain villains like the evil step sisters out during different times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yay for Facilier! Definitely my favorite out of the ones available to meet, though Gaston or the Tremaines (but they're available other places..) would be fun. I think that, over all, Princess and the Frog has some of the best meet and greets (followed closely by Tangled and Peter Pan, but they have fewer characters out).

I love the Buzz Lightyear ride so much, even the slight disrepair is forgivable because it evens the playing field between my boyfriend and I (he's a way better marksman so slightly wonky cars means we're both aiming blindly!).

Space Stitch! For all that people complain about Stitch being everywhere, I didn't see him at all on our trip. I was sad since he looks so plush and huggable!
He was the best!! He was my favorite out of the ones in the show
The Princess and the Frog does have great meet and greets...all the characters from the movie have really big personalities!!

Tim kept spinning the cars to throw me off...he didnt need to try that hard I dont have good aim I LOVE stitch...we did see him a lot during our trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Ahhh Gaston! *swoons* Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies as well and I love Gastons song in it! It sounds like you guys had a great time at the party. I can't wait to go for the first time next fall.
Yes Gaston was dreamy in person He really was so much fun to meet!! The party was amazing I hope we do it again next year!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #149
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Even after being up since 4 am or however early we decided to get up for the airport..traveling..DTD and MNSSHP...we still were up bright and early for EPCOT the next day! We were excited to have our first full day at the parks. We had breakfast at POP and headed out to get there for rope drop...they did a sort of countdown and confetti and let us through the entrance. We headed over to Soarin' first...it was a mess of people since there wasn't a rope drop inside the park. We got fastpasses for later and went right into the stand by entrance.

This was Tim's first time on the ride and we got second row...I was really hoping for first row. Tim really enjoyed it a lot and I was happy to hear that because that ride just makes me smile...it really just relaxes me and makes me happy!! After Soarin' we headed over to Test Track and ended up riding that stand by without much of a wait. This was Tim's first time on this ride...ok well thats pretty much the truth for all of EPCOT...he has never really toured EPCOT before...shocking!! We LOVED our ride on Test Track in the front row...though our picture looks like we are bored

We decided to head over to the Food and Wine festival which opened up at 11 a.m.

On our way to the World Showcase we saw this huge cranberry bog...so cool!! There was always someone in there working and answering questions

I also made Tim check out Club Cool...which he had never been to before! Of course he does lots of Disney research so he has heard of Beverly but he still was a good sport and tried it

The first thing we tried at the Food and Wine festival was at the Hawaii booth, the Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise. We enjoyed it SOOO much that we forgot to take a picture...it was sooooo good!! probably my favorite item from the entire festival!

After the pork slider we made our way to Ireland where I ordered the Kerrygold Cheese Selection and Tim ordered the Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's pie...both were so yummy!! I was so excited we were picking such great items to try!

In France Tim tried the escargot which he LOVED and I got us slushies - grand marnier and cosmo -they melted quickly...but we handled that well I think I liked the Grand Marnier the best and Tim liked the Cosmo a little better

Here is Tim being cheesy in Japan

Tim ordered the spicy Tuna sushi in Japan...I ordered the Tuna sensation there was tuna and salmon with avocado with a soy sauce yum again!

Up next- MORE food and wine...plus more EPCOT!! And our dinner at Le Cellier

Please note Tim is wearing a shirt that says Friday on this day even though it was Monday because he thought that would be funny, but I didn't want to confuse you guys

Last edited by Shannon84; 12-30-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #150
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Hmm, not sure how I missed your Christmas eve update...anyway

GASP! DR. FACILIER!!! That's amazing! I had no idea he was in the parks! And I love that Gaston was out too. That's my hubbby's favorite villian. In fact, his DIS member name is Gaston something...can't remember he only posted like 3 times

Glad to hear he liked Soarin'. I completely understand what you mean by relaxing. The sights and smells of the ride is so comforting and it gives you a break from all the rushing about in the park. It's a good breather ride.

Mmm, the tuna sensation looks SENSATIONAL!....bear with me, i'm tired

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: