Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Figment43
Mouseketeer

Disneypalooza 2012 - The Countdown Started a Long Time Ago May 17-23

Hello and welcome to my first ever trip report! There are only two people going on this trip, so the introductions won’t take long.

That’s myself (Sarah) and my dad (David).

I am 27 years old now, but will turn 28 the day before our trip. Up until 2009, I was working as an Environmental Technician sampling groundwater and soil, operating an industrial wastewater treatment system, disposing of industrial waste (at an approved facility, not into the lake or anything). After getting laid off, I decided to go back to school to become a Registered Nurse.

My dad is 59 years old and currently works as an Environmental Technician. Clearly, his company is better than mine was because he hasn’t been laid off. He broke his leg in two places last summer and finally recuperated just in time to have foot surgery to correct a toe problem caused by being off his foot for a long time. He loves Disney World almost as much as I do...almost.

Disney World is our thing. We used to go every year, sometimes twice a year. The economy and my grandma’s battle with Alzheimer’s forced us to miss out on it the last few years, so we are really looking forward to this trip. This will be our trip of trying new things. Believe it or not, neither one of us has had a Dole Whip, a turkey leg, or a Disney churro. We’re going to try all three, this time. I’m also going to decorate our Resort window for the first time. I’m looking for ideas for window decorations now that I don’t have homework to distract me from important stuff like that. I was planning on using the Disney paint chips as part of it, but it looks like they won’t have those anymore. So, on to a new plan.

We will be staying at the fun and colorful Pop Century Resort. I’m driving up from South Florida and he’s flying down from Wisconsin (and boy will his arms be tired!).

9/8/12 Update: Wow! I totally meant to write this as soon as I got home, but I was busier than I thought. I'm going to upload my photos to a photo sharing site and I promise I will start on this trip report soon!

Last edited by Figment43; 09-08-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: