Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #76
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I'm doing the Princess 5K too...I started running about this time last year to lose weight for my wedding and the Princess 5K was the first race I ever ran. It was soooo much fun!
My step-mom framed my registration paper and wrapped it so I could open it on Christmas...so I have the framed paper right next to my refrigerator so I'll stick to my diet. I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding! 7 pounds down so far!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #77
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Everything sounds great!! Heck yeah on re-using your cards since they goofed last year, bonus for you! And they are super cute!!

Thats awesome you are doing th 5K and good job/congrats on losing 7lbs so far! I ran cross country in hs and now get so bored even at a mile, so i give credit to all you runners! My early anxiety onset had me losing lb's without even trying, but my recent stress has me gaining it back, I need to get myself on a plan! We can all motivate each other to stay on track!!

I love all your different smiley's, so fun!!
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #78
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I'm on a military significant other support forum and I guess I've gotten partial to the smileys they use since I've been on there so long.

As far as running...its a love-hate relationship. Currently I have two ice packs on my shins due to shin splints that I've had for WEEKS! I wish they would go away. Every time I run I am in pain...I stretch...I rest...nothing helps. A trainer suggested I ice them. I wish I got bored at a mile...I'm just exhausted by two minutes! I just have to keep telling myself that it's not going to happen overnight...it's a process that takes time and work. I also have a heart mur-mur...doesn't really help things.

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #79
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Thanks. I'm on a military significant other support forum and I guess I've gotten partial to the smileys they use since I've been on there so long.

As far as running...its a love-hate relationship. Currently I have two ice packs on my shins due to shin splints that I've had for WEEKS! I wish they would go away. Every time I run I am in pain...I stretch...I rest...nothing helps. A trainer suggested I ice them. I wish I got bored at a mile...I'm just exhausted by two minutes! I just have to keep telling myself that it's not going to happen overnight...it's a process that takes time and work. I also have a heart mur-mur...doesn't really help things.
I feel your pain! I get shin splints in one leg. Have you been fitted/bought a pair of running shoes? It makes such a HUGE difference. Also, look into KT Tape! I've heard great things about it. I'm going to pick up some tomorrow I think as my leg just sucks.

Are you using a training program or are you just running? I totally recommend Couch to 5k!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #80
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

I went to a running store and got some awesome shoes. They help with pain I used to get in my feet, but not my shins. It doesn't help that I also have bilateral patella femoral syndrome (crazy long name for a form of knee tendinitis). My knee cap doesn't slide straight into the socket as its supposed to but goes towards the side, grinding on the side of the socket first. I probably shouldn't even run...but I've always wanted to be able to...so I press on. LOL

I also have a heart murmur...I went to a doctor to find out if this is why I get so winded after just a few minutes...he said it adds to it, but that running isn't impossible...it'll just take me longer to build endurance than someone without the type of murmur I have...so I have to use a modified version of couch to 5k. It gets frustrating because I'm not seeing results as fast as I'd like...but I just have to continue to tell myself to keep at it. It'll pay off eventually.

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #81
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
My step-mom framed my registration paper and wrapped it so I could open it on Christmas...so I have the framed paper right next to my refrigerator so I'll stick to my diet. I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding! 7 pounds down so far!
Woohoo! Go you! I started off using the couch to 5k but at some point it makes a huge jump in running times so I stopped and just started doing run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute and thats what we always do now!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #82
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Engagement CD Randomness

I just realized I never posted this!! All you brides who had Randy as a photographer should appreciate this. At least it made me giggle.

We got our engagement pictures CDs in the mail back in September....I'm looking through them....
cuteness, cuteness, cuteness, etc...

...and then....Fence?! wooden post?!

...and THENNNNN....SQUIRREL!

...and back to your regularly scheduled cuteness...

The funny thing is...there wasn't a fence anywhere near where the pictures were taken...so I'm thinking the files got crossed with some test shots he took at another time.

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #83
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

That's funny! Love your photos though.

Good luck with the running. Not an activity I can participate in with rheumatoid arthritis. Walking on the treadmill is more my speed.

Hope the shin splints feel better soon.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #84
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

So a few small updates...

I went up to GA yesterday to visit my parents. We talked about lots of wedding details!

Decided on a cake design.
- Going with the destination cake in fall colors.

Decided on the menus for our rehearsal party and reception.
- For the rehearsal we will be using the dessert menu that include ice cream and floats...
- Reception we will be using mostly the Briar Rose brunch menu...but with a few modifications.

Decided on our bar package.

Our save the date postcards we ordered came in as well! So we've been looking over our guest list to make sure we don't miss anyone. I also noticed I screwed them up a little...let me explain...

We ordered them through vistaprint, however we wanted to be able to use the Disney font on the back...where the address and little message goes. Vista doesn't have Disney font as an option, however my step-mom has it downloaded to her computer...so I put my hat on and went to work...
I typed out the address and message in Microsoft Word...then took a screenshot of it and saved it as an image in Paint. Then I simply uploaded the image to the card...and voila!
Except...I guess Word spell checked me and didn't like my grammar...but I missed it. So as you can see, there are small little squiggly lines under a few of the words.

I'm not too concerned about it since it's not terribly noticable...it just adds character, right?

In other very awesome news...I tried on my wedding dress and I'm well on my way to having to trade it in for a smaller size!! It was very loose...all this working out seems to be paying off!!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #85
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Oops! One other thing...

As I've mentioned a few times before...Thomas is deployed right now...his ship is currently ported in Greece...7 hours ahead of me. So in honor of him (and mainly because I think my dad just wanted to crack open the champagne early) we had a New Years toast at 5:00 PM Eastern Time...midnight where my fiance is!

The important thing to me about this picture...besides that I'm double fisting champagne...is that this is the first time I was able to notice a difference in my body due to all the working out I've been doing (this was prior to trying on my dress as I mentioned in the earlier post). I'm just so glad it's paying off!! I just have to keep it up!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #86
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

You are getting married this year!! And Thomas will be home soon!!

You look awesome! Good job!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #87
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

hi awesome lyndsay!

-ok possible he got files crossed or also not...if you notice he walks around a lot. I am pretty sure we will have some like this too and honestly I love it because I love those kind of pictures. it made me laugh when I saw them

-your body looks great so hooray good job! I usually don't comment when people have the weight and diet stuff because if you see me I am very small and I feel like people think I'm not being genuine but I am happy for you

-shin splints! with my line of work I can teach you a lot about these. 1st- they are caused by muscles pulling on the bones when you run. they can be caused by tight calf and posterior muscles in the leg and tight anterior muscles in the leg. stretching the calves can do a lot but I recommend this after really heating them up either in a shower or using a heating pad. You can ice your shins for pain but actually icing you calves may help more. Most likely you need better arch support in your shoes. Try getting fitted for better shoes also you can try buying some tape or stretchy type tape or even a tight arch wrap at a store or online and wearing that under some tight arch support socks.

-he will be home soon I have no idea how you handle him being gone it is so hard for me when greg is gone

-we need to talk some star wars! go to www.heruniverse.com this is where I get the majority of my shirts they feel great and they are made very well. The girl who created the company is a super star I absolutely love her and there are forums on there for star wars fan girls!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Love the engagement pictures!

I think your cake will be pretty! I love Fall colors. The menus sound great too!

I don't think the squiggly lines are too noticeable! I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm sure your guests won't notice and if they do they certainly won't say anything!

Congrats on the weightloss!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #89
jennamarie
Mouseketeer

Yay for your weight loss! Thats awesome! Help me get motivated! haha

I dont think the squiggles are noticeable, like you said, it adds character!!

Patiently waiting for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! December 2014!

jennamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #90
lgold1212
Earning My Ears

Sept 2012 Wedding!

HI All!!!

Looking for ANY help and advice for our upcoming wedding. I've noticed people recommend Randy from Chapman photography? Also, we are having just 25-35 people. Has anyone done a brunch for that many? If so, where? The Attic? Any help is appreciated!
lgold1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlantic dance hall, planning journal, wedding, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: