Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #91
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Hi Everyone How are we all doing? Good weekends I hope

So lets get back to this TR, sorry its taken so long to update, we've been busy social butterflies with birthday celebrations etc

Now where did we leave off...ah yes Day 2 in Italy which was...

Tuesday September 6th
Today we were going to be quite busy doing wedding bits. We met up with Pam (Our wedding coordinator) at 10am. She met us at the hotel and came with all the goodies we had been arranging/talking about. Once our meeting was over, we made our way into town to say hello to the florist, stylist and sign the necessary paperwork at the Town Hall.

Me and Pam looking at flowers photos

We also visited the castle to go over where the music set up would be and also what would be happening. Afterwards we grabbed some gelato

We also checked out the little bar we had arranged for our guests to go to after the ceremony, it's so quaint and hidden, perfect

Along the way we bumped into two of our guests and arranged to meet for some lunch later on that day, as we were headed for my hair and makeup trial. Dave went around on his own whilst I was in the chair. He took some photos, but sadly they were on the card that decided to not work anymore

After the trial was done, we said our goodbyes to Pam and headed off to find our friends.

Let me say that today was one of the best days we have had in Malcesine (apart from the wedding of course) as it was very impromptu and so much fun. After we had finished eating my friend (Amber) said that we should rent a speed boat. I thought she was joking and laughed it off, but she was dead serious and it was only 55 Euros (haggled) for an hour. So off we went...

That's Ian just as we were setting off out of the harbour

That's Amber

My turn behind the wheel

Me and Dave with the castle in the background

It was so much fun on that boat and a little scary. But its so fast and when you hit the slip stream of another boat it is a fun bumpy ride

Once our hour was up we headed to the nearest bar for a drink

Dave's giant beer

We all took a slow stroll back after that along the lake and stopped off at another bar and ordered some mini pizzas and cocktails to share

Then it was time to hit the hay as tomorrow was when most of our guests would be arriving.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #92
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, Steph, everything looks so beautiful! You really found the perfect location for the wedding. See how everything always works out in the end? What a fun day with good friends and good drinks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #93
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Everything is so beautiful! It really looks like somewhere straight out of a fairy tale!

Mmm, I love gelato! The boat looks like it was fun, and all your drinks look so good!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #94
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow, Steph, everything looks so beautiful! You really found the perfect location for the wedding. See how everything always works out in the end? What a fun day with good friends and good drinks!
Thanks It was a wonderful day with Amber and Ian, renting that speed boat was the best idea ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Everything is so beautiful! It really looks like somewhere straight out of a fairy tale!

Mmm, I love gelato! The boat looks like it was fun, and all your drinks look so good!
Thanks Italian gelato is amazing, so flavourful and yummy
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #95
Stefy

Ok last quick update before The big update

Wednesday September 7th
Today we were taking it easy and waiting for our guests to arrive. So we decided to stick to the hotel for the day and lounge by the pool. Amber and Ian joined us for a little while and we looked at the video we had captured the day before. I will get Dave to edit these so we can upload for you guys to see, as its pretty fun

There was a bit of confusion on my part at some point as I thought that my friends would be turning up very soon, turns out I still had a few hours. Dave's family had just turned up, so we said our hellos and they went off to grab a quick bite before coming back to the pool for a swim. I left Dave too it and went into town with my dad for some lunch.

We were also waiting for our photographer to arrive, so I told Dave to bring her down with the suitcase we had to give to the reception venue with our centrepieces etc.

I don't really have any pictures from my lunch with dad. But we had a lovely time, ate in a restaurant right on the water. After lunch we went to wait for Dave and Katy (photographer) to arrive on the tourist bust, so we sat in a little cafe and had some gelato. I think I had strawberry this time, my god it was good, with real strawberries pieces too

Apparently, Dave forgot the suitcase or something and they missed the bus. Now its a disaster missing these buses as they run on the hour every hour. Luckily Amber and Ian saved the day and dropped them off in their rental car.

We walked down to the reception venue and dropped off the centrepieces and made our way to the castle to show Katy around and also so she could check out the venue for possible photo ops the next day.

We happened to catch a wedding going on whilst we were there and I remember saying to Dave "that's us tomorrow"

Katy left after that to go and explore and we went to find Ian and Amber who had again very kindly said they would take us back to the hotel. Once we arrived back it looked like everyone else had turned up as well, suffice to say there was lots of girly screaming and hugs.

I gave Amber a present I had just bought. She was eying it up the day before. I also got a little something for Dave, what you think?

We all went back to our rooms afterwards to freshen up, Dave had to pack his bags and leave as he was ordered to stay with his dad for the night (notice how I didn't say I ordered him). Was sad to see him leave as I haven't spent a night without him in like forever.

Cheered up by my friends we all went for dinner together, the lads would be joining Dave afterwards with his family for another impromptu stag.

Dinner was great, was fun having everyone around one big table chatting and laughing away.

Before long it was time to go, I think some of the girls wanted to go on partying but I bowed out claiming I needed to wash my hair. Not wanting to leave me alone the girls came back and we all had a few drinks outside on the hotel patio. Then it was off to bed, because tomorrow was going to be a very very big day
Old 11-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #96
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Stef. The boat looks like so much fun. And so nice that you were able to have some time with friends before the big day.

Your drinks look yummy too.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #97
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Stefy!

You picked a lovely place for your wedding - that part of Italy is just so romantic, isn't it.
I am glad you had a few friends around to join you on your big day! And I am pretty happy you got lots of lovely Italian gelato!

LOVE the presents you got for Amber and Dave!

How much fun it must have been to watch the wedding the day before .... .... but I guess your wedding was even nicer!

Can't wait for the next update!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #98
Kleese
Mouseketeer

Looks like I just made it in time for the big day! I also see that I'm going to have another trip to read about in a few. Congrats on the new trip your taking and of course your beautiful new marriage. Cheers
Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #99
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Great update! I am dying to try the Bounty Gelato

I really can't wait to hear about the wedding!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #100
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Mmm the gelato looks soo good!

Sounds like you had fun on the speedboat and all the scenery looks so pretty

Lol love the presents and can't wait for the next update
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #101
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

OMG, just found your report Stefy and I can't wait to get all caught up.

I'm so excited to go back and see about what I have missed so far!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #102
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

LOVE reading about the days leading up to the wedding. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends and family!
Can't wait to hear how the big day went!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #103
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ok, caught up and all I can say is this has been a beautiful report so far. Your wedding desitation is absolutely breathtaking for me. So pretty. And you are having such wonderful time with your friends and everything that it is just a joy to read about.

Can't wait to see more wedding photos!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #104
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Those mugs of beer are GINORMOUS!

Mmm, that gelato looks heavenly. One day i'll be able to try the real thing

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #105
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

All the pre wedding festivities looked so fun. Great pics on the boat. Can't wait to see the BIG update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: