Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #76
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,193

You had a rough start with forgetting the cash passport and security trying to mush your dress! Glad it all got sorted out and you were on your way!

I never did make it to Verona in during my travels in Italy, but it looks lovely!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #77
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,764

Love all the photos of Italy!

Oh no on all the drama! I can understand not wanting your wedding dress going through the scanner - they sure are tiny.
TanzUnited99 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #78
Disneymoon23
Mouseketeer
 
Disneymoon23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 150

It's okay to have a few bridezilla moments. I had some myself. It's all very stressful and us brides have stuff planned down to a T so when something goes wrong everyone better watch out .

I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and hear all about your wonderful honeymoon!
Disneymoon23 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #79
Soopafly
DIS Veteran
 
Soopafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon23 View Post
It's okay to have a few bridezilla moments. I had some myself. It's all very stressful and us brides have stuff planned down to a T so when something goes wrong everyone better watch out .

I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and hear all about your wonderful honeymoon!
The funny thing is that when Stef & her parents vanished into the little room, I was still picking my stuff off the scanner belt and putting it all back into my pocket. This one guard looked at me and sort of rolled his eyes in a jokey way, so I just told him straight "Sorry buddy but I'd rather she went bridezilla and pissed you off rather than me"

Though to be fair, Stef didn't really have any bridezilla moments....at least that I'm aware of, but she would have killed me if she saw the pitch black steps of death that I walked up drunk as hell at 2am the night before the wedding lol. I'll see if my dad has a pic that I can share...
Soopafly is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #80
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
Italy looks so pretty! I cant believe they would try to send your dress through the scanners It would never fit... I am so glad they did it a different way!
Lake Garda is gorgeous, I can't believe that last year was the first time I had ever visited Italy! I don't know what I would have done if they tried to force it through

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
You had a rough start with forgetting the cash passport and security trying to mush your dress! Glad it all got sorted out and you were on your way!

I never did make it to Verona in during my travels in Italy, but it looks lovely!
They say things never run smoothly when getting married, better for it to go wrong before than on the actual day right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love all the photos of Italy!

Oh no on all the drama! I can understand not wanting your wedding dress going through the scanner - they sure are tiny.
Thanks Tell me about it and you saw the size of that bag, there was no way it was going through without being squished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon23 View Post
It's okay to have a few bridezilla moments. I had some myself. It's all very stressful and us brides have stuff planned down to a T so when something goes wrong everyone better watch out .

I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and hear all about your wonderful honeymoon!
I don't think I was that bad with my bridezilla moments, definitely nothing compared to those brides on "Bridezilla" OMG I'm surprised their partners actually go through with the wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
The funny thing is that when Stef & her parents vanished into the little room, I was still picking my stuff off the scanner belt and putting it all back into my pocket. This one guard looked at me and sort of rolled his eyes in a jokey way, so I just told him straight "Sorry buddy but I'd rather she went bridezilla and pissed you off rather than me"

Though to be fair, Stef didn't really have any bridezilla moments....at least that I'm aware of, but she would have killed me if she saw the pitch black steps of death that I walked up drunk as hell at 2am the night before the wedding lol. I'll see if my dad has a pic that I can share...
Hmmmmm Yes defo would not have been happy witnessing your last night before the wedding. You are so lucky you didn't die that night boy!
Stefy is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #81
snoopygirl79
Mouseketeer
 
snoopygirl79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 125

I'm just like you with the checking and re-checking of passports, tickets etc.!! Lucky you live close enough to Gatwick to go back as if I'd forgotten something, it's a long drive back to Devon to pick ut up!!!!

Lovely photos of Italy, it's somewhere I've always wanted to spend more time in. I did a day trip to Venice on a cruise and we're going to Rome, Florence and Pisa on a cruise next year (unfortunately not a Disney one ) but would love to have a proper holiday there.

Dave - you sound like my DH the night before our wedding!!! He got completely drunk and struggled to find the way back to his room!! He was very pale and felt sick at the altar and he blamed nerves, not the hangover of course!!!!!
__________________
Me 34 DH 42 Twins aged 5 DD1 and DD2

WDW - 2000, 2002, 2006
DLR 2003
DLP - 1997, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014

Can't wait to take our DDs to WDW in 2015!!
snoopygirl79 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #82
Soopafly
DIS Veteran
 
Soopafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
I'm just like you with the checking and re-checking of passports, tickets etc.!! Lucky you live close enough to Gatwick to go back as if I'd forgotten something, it's a long drive back to Devon to pick ut up!!!!

Lovely photos of Italy, it's somewhere I've always wanted to spend more time in. I did a day trip to Venice on a cruise and we're going to Rome, Florence and Pisa on a cruise next year (unfortunately not a Disney one ) but would love to have a proper holiday there.

Dave - you sound like my DH the night before our wedding!!! He got completely drunk and struggled to find the way back to his room!! He was very pale and felt sick at the altar and he blamed nerves, not the hangover of course!!!!!
It was just one of those moments that you try so hard to avoid, but with everything else we had to remember, that one was something new and just slipped from memory. All worked out ok though.

Well I guess in a way I had 2 drink ups haha. One was before we flew to Italy, I went out with Stefs boss and a few of the guys from the office and ultimately got plastered there as well. Then obviously the night before the wedding which wasn't supposed to happen that way but who can say no to another drink?

I wasn't too bad in the morning myself, though the walk into town with my dad to get bacon was highly amusing as they do not have bacon over there! We had to get little pork cubes which i guess is their version of bacon, but after that and a cup of tea everything was right in the world again

I think I was more wanting the day to stop dragging so we could get on with the show, i was quite excited.
Soopafly is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #83
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
jeremysdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,966

Wow, Italy is beautiful!

That is horrible about airport security and your dress. Glad it all worked out in the end.
__________________
[/url]

jeremysdisneymom is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #84
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,107

I cannot believe the grief security gave you with your wedding dress.

The pictures of Italy are beautiful.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #85
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran
 
irishdancer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 508

Hi Stefy, so glad I caught up on page 6!

The venue looks so beautiful, oooh a bridezilla moment was called for in the airport I think, at least they didn't force the issue!

Soooo looking forward to seeing some more wedding photos! and the cruise disneymoon etc!

PS have you or Dave seen any of the 'Don't tell the bride' series on BBC3?

xox
irishdancer86 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #86
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,982

Hi there, I am joining in on your TR and cant wait to read more
Shannon84 is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #87
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
I'm just like you with the checking and re-checking of passports, tickets etc.!! Lucky you live close enough to Gatwick to go back as if I'd forgotten something, it's a long drive back to Devon to pick ut up!!!!

Lovely photos of Italy, it's somewhere I've always wanted to spend more time in. I did a day trip to Venice on a cruise and we're going to Rome, Florence and Pisa on a cruise next year (unfortunately not a Disney one ) but would love to have a proper holiday there.

Dave - you sound like my DH the night before our wedding!!! He got completely drunk and struggled to find the way back to his room!! He was very pale and felt sick at the altar and he blamed nerves, not the hangover of course!!!!!
I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't have gone back, as there was no other way to get it.

Ooh cruising in Italy sounds lovely. I really want to spend a good few weeks travelling Italy by train, would be so awesome

Dave held up well considering his adventures the night before. Everyone told me afterwards that he couldn't keep his eyes off me (or hands) throughout the whole ceremony and he had this wonderful cheesy grin throughout too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
I think I was more wanting the day to stop dragging so we could get on with the show, i was quite excited.
Aww bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, Italy is beautiful!

That is horrible about airport security and your dress. Glad it all worked out in the end.
Thanks Was not fun, esp when you also consider what time it was too (not a morning person).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I cannot believe the grief security gave you with your wedding dress.

The pictures of Italy are beautiful.
Thanks Typical airport security, don't give a crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Hi Stefy, so glad I caught up on page 6!

The venue looks so beautiful, oooh a bridezilla moment was called for in the airport I think, at least they didn't force the issue!

Soooo looking forward to seeing some more wedding photos! and the cruise disneymoon etc!

PS have you or Dave seen any of the 'Don't tell the bride' series on BBC3?

xox
Yay you made it over Should be doing another update tonight, so stay tuned Haven't seen that show no, but have heard of it. Sounds like great car crash tv though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Hi there, I am joining in on your TR and cant wait to read more
Hi and Thanks for joining in
Stefy is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #88
Merida
DIS Veteran
 
Merida's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 735

Subbing! Disneymoon trip reports are my weakness. Love your location, Italy looks lovely.
__________________
Merida is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #89
snoopygirl79
Mouseketeer
 
snoopygirl79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Dave held up well considering his adventures the night before. Everyone told me afterwards that he couldn't keep his eyes off me (or hands) throughout the whole ceremony and he had this wonderful cheesy grin throughout too
Aaawwwww, how sweet!!!

I see you've booked to go to Disneyland Paris - I'm so jealous!!! We took out twins last November there when they were 18 months old and they loved it!! We're trying to get them into Disney early - their favourite TV channel is already Disney Junior!! We're hoping to take them next November for my birthday so they'll be 3 and a half so a great age to enjoy it!!!!!
__________________
Me 34 DH 42 Twins aged 5 DD1 and DD2

WDW - 2000, 2002, 2006
DLR 2003
DLP - 1997, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014

Can't wait to take our DDs to WDW in 2015!!
snoopygirl79 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #90
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing! Disneymoon trip reports are my weakness. Love your location, Italy looks lovely.
Hi and Thanks for joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
Aaawwwww, how sweet!!!

I see you've booked to go to Disneyland Paris - I'm so jealous!!! We took out twins last November there when they were 18 months old and they loved it!! We're trying to get them into Disney early - their favourite TV channel is already Disney Junior!! We're hoping to take them next November for my birthday so they'll be 3 and a half so a great age to enjoy it!!!!!
Yep, giving it another go after our awful trip last December, might do a mini PTR/TR on here

Its good to get them started young and 3 is the perfect age to take them, see how they like the characters to prepare them for WDW
Stefy is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: