Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #481
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

...cntd

Our tour started off at the entrance to the park. Our guide (can't remember his - so bad!) started off by talking about the hotel. He asked us why do you think Disney painted the hotel pink? Its because it's a bright happy colour which would look well against not only summery bright blue, but also wouldn't look too drab against the grey sky either. He went on to point out Tinker Bell at the top of the entrance to the park.

Not a lot of people notice her way up there, some say she is there to add the magic and sparkle on to guests as they enter to start their magical journey in Disney.

Then he went on to point out the beautiful stain glass features on the train station. Each one represents the different lands that await you in the park. Again, this is another detail that can be overlooked when walking under the station.

Discoveryland

Frontierland

Fantasyland

Adventureland

The tour was very informative and well worth the money. Some things we remember and others are a bit sketchy so we will try and give you as much info as we can remember.

He briefly explained how Main Street is modelled after Walt's home town back in Marceline. Then we went into the stores where he explained the details that most people miss when browsing the items.

This store is made to resemble a well known seamstress' house, where you can see bits and pieces of what made it a home. For instance once section looks like the dining room in amongst all the merchandise.

The next store he pointed out the travel system where back in the day cashiers were allowed to work out the change that customers received from their purchases, it has to be transported to the back and worked out by another and then sent back to be given to the customer.

This ceiling shows all the inventors of our time.

The Wright Brothers (Sorry, not going to explain who each are, Google them if you are intrigued)

George Washington Carver (I think flash got in the way!)

George Eastman

Henry Ford

Hidden Mickey

He went on to show us this painting and asked us to spot the Hidden Mickey

This one is a little more special, can you tell why?

Then it was on to the Dapper Dan's. This was closed due to the barber actually being away on holiday. We were, however, allowed in for a little tour.

Back in the day people used to bring their own mugs with them.

Cntd...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #482
Stefy

...cntd

Then it was on to Walt's Restaurant.

Not much was said, apart from that this was inspired by Club 33 with the lift and is basically a tribute to Walt with bits and pieces collected by him on display (replicas). There is a story behind the birdcage, but I can't for the life of me remember. Sorry.

He went on to point out all the "interactive" windows. With the game of mahjong being played in the chinese laundry. Man singing in the bath and the ballet class or singing lesson going on.

In the hub he pointed out these on the spires of the castle.

Snails which are a tribute to Burgandy, where they have the most famous snail variety. Random, but fun fact.

Am going to leave it here for now, stay tuned for the next part of the tour which is in Frontierland.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #483
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Hey there
Still here and LOVING THE BLITZ GUYS!!! I love an empty park and it looks like you had a pretty good day so far! How was the tour when all was said and done? Would you do it again? Was it done in English?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #484
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hello! Nice to see you back Good luck with your house hunting - I know you will find one soon.

Great start to the tour - I haven't been to DLP, but funny how we can miss so many small details at the parks in our rush to get on to the rides! Looking forward to more.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #485
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yay! for Angel getting some love. And love Elvis Stitch!

Is Rocknrolelr Coaster also with Aerosmith?
They love Angel over there, between her and Stitch they could rule the park

Rockin Rollercoaster is associated with Aerosmith over there, but I prefer the WDW version to this one. I felt like this one was slow, whereas WDW is more fast and twisty and turn-y Dave on the other disagrees and prefers this one to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Hey there
Still here and LOVING THE BLITZ GUYS!!! I love an empty park and it looks like you had a pretty good day so far! How was the tour when all was said and done? Would you do it again? Was it done in English?
Hey you It was such a great time to go and going back through this trip makes me want to go again next year at the same time.

The tour is not over for you guys, but it was really worth it for us and we would defo do it again to see what another guide might tell us compared to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hello! Nice to see you back Good luck with your house hunting - I know you will find one soon.

Great start to the tour - I haven't been to DLP, but funny how we can miss so many small details at the parks in our rush to get on to the rides! Looking forward to more.
Hello Thanks, fingers crossed we do

It is funny how one can miss so many different details, which makes the tour all the more sweeter for discovering these things and then knowing that you can look out for them again next time Defo think we need to do a Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #486
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me joining the party so late. I have been lurking for a while. Loved, loved, loved your wedding. My first trip to Italy was to that region and your trip brought back great memories.

I am enjoying all your pics and real life updates as well.

Looking forward to your cruise. Best of luck in house hunting!

Thanks for sharing.

Irene

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #487
Kleese
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear that y'all are doing fine. I saw the pic of your sandwich this weekend it looked delish. for Earl of sandwich setting up a shop near u. So sad though that i don't twitter so i couldn't get the details. What kind was it?

Thanks for taking us along for your tour. As always I love your detail. God knows I won't ever go to Euro Disney. I loved the old time details in all of the buildings. I really liked the pic of the 21st New Orleans . I really wish though that all the rides that ED has DW would get. They look so fun it makes me sad.

Anywho I'm sorry about the house hunting but if I can give you some advice don't buy a house that needs work. We bought a house maybe 4 or 5 yrs ago and it just needed some updating. We moved in and nothing has been touched. You save money to do the work and something always comes up or you get lazy and put it off. So if it needs more then paint I would think twice about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #488
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I never knew there were two parks at Disneyland Paris! This makes me even more excited for a future trip there.

I also didn't know that you can ask for the animator's drawing at the end of class. I don't think i've ever seen anyone ask for it before. This would be a cool, free souvenir to have!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #489
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That's cool that they do a tour at DLRP too. I guess I never considered that they would, but it absolutely makes sense. Awesome details.

Elvis Stitch?! Man, it really makes me think that the characters in the US are lame!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #490
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Very much enjoying your DLP pictures!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #491
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp'ersmom View Post
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me joining the party so late. I have been lurking for a while. Loved, loved, loved your wedding. My first trip to Italy was to that region and your trip brought back great memories.

I am enjoying all your pics and real life updates as well.

Looking forward to your cruise. Best of luck in house hunting!

Thanks for sharing.

Irene
Hi and Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, always nice to see new faces

Thank you for the lovely comments, you have stayed in Garda before? Which part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleese View Post
Glad to hear that y'all are doing fine. I saw the pic of your sandwich this weekend it looked delish. for Earl of sandwich setting up a shop near u. So sad though that i don't twitter so i couldn't get the details. What kind was it?

Thanks for taking us along for your tour. As always I love your detail. God knows I won't ever go to Euro Disney. I loved the old time details in all of the buildings. I really liked the pic of the 21st New Orleans . I really wish though that all the rides that ED has DW would get. They look so fun it makes me sad.

Anywho I'm sorry about the house hunting but if I can give you some advice don't buy a house that needs work. We bought a house maybe 4 or 5 yrs ago and it just needed some updating. We moved in and nothing has been touched. You save money to do the work and something always comes up or you get lazy and put it off. So if it needs more then paint I would think twice about it.
I was so excited to see EoS in London, I looked it up and apparently it opened in April 2011, so not that long ago. That sandwich was the Hawaiian, I got Dave the Meatball one.

I think each park has unique rides etc to each and that's what makes them special, although I hear you about wanting this specific ride to be in that park. I so want WDW to get World of Colour as I looks so cool!

We actually want to do somewhere up, choose our own kitchen, bathroom, create the house how we would want to. Of course as with most DIY I will be getting someone else to do it, although saying that I don't mind the odd painting here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I never knew there were two parks at Disneyland Paris! This makes me even more excited for a future trip there.

I also didn't know that you can ask for the animator's drawing at the end of class. I don't think i've ever seen anyone ask for it before. This would be a cool, free souvenir to have!
Yep only the two parks, but equally as fun just remember that because there is only two you don't need to stay there for very long. We found that 4 nights was a bit long, esp when the park was so quiet, but I'm not complaining, as that's the way we like it

Yeah I didn't either, most prob because the ones that are clued up have already been in and out to get it like Dash from the Incredibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's cool that they do a tour at DLRP too. I guess I never considered that they would, but it absolutely makes sense. Awesome details.

Elvis Stitch?! Man, it really makes me think that the characters in the US are lame!
The tour was really good and such a bargain, 15 Euros each!

The characters they have out are pretty awesome compared to WDW, but there is no system and most of the time the poor characters get mobbed and its a free for all, you literally have to bust your way in to get a picture. Me and Dave kept saying why can't they have a system and make people line up, we later learned from our tour guide that the CM's try to do this, but no one listens. If that was me and I had a group scrambling to get pics, I would be like"Right! Either form a line or Remy is going home!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Very much enjoying your DLP pictures!!!
Thanks Hope you guys are doing good
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #492
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the main entrance photos but wow on the rain - looks even worse than the UK!

Aaw the paw prints leading up to the Duffy store are too cute.

Great pics and the tour sounds interesting
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #493
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Actually I am mistaken, I stayed in Lake Como and Bellagio.

My maiden name is Scali and it was on this trip that I found out the meaning of it. In that region they travel by boat as we travel by bus. I bought my boat ticket and to my surprise on the top it said Scali and then listed all the stops the boat made, so I discovered my last name translated to Boat Stop!! , I got a chuckle out of that.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #494
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Finally, finally catching up!

I'm really enjoying your TR.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #495
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Miss the updates, hope all is well

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: