Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #406
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
That castle is gorgeous. So cool that you are able to go up inside of it. Thanks for sharing that with us.
It is v cool that you can explore inside, have always wanted to do that for Cinderella Castle and see the Cinderella Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
I love the castle! What a great way to tell the Story of Sleeping Beauty (and brush up on your French!)

Looking forward to more, hope your day is going well!
I love that they tell the story of Sleeping Beauty in the castle and they play instrumental music from the film as well as you are walking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
Ooh, I'd forgotten how gorgeous the inside of the castle is!! I can't wait to show my DDs the castle as Sleeping Beauty is one of my DDs favourite films!! She's always asking to watch it and one of her favourite soft toys is the Aurora soft toy doll I bought her!!

Fab photos!!
Your DD will love the castle, she'll feel just like a princess
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #407
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Awesome photos of the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. Gorgeous!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #408
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, sorry I've been missing. I have to admit I skimmed the last couple of updates (we've had a little bit of excitement going on at our house so I'm behind on everything). Love the pictures of you and Dave at Disneyland Paris. I saw that you weren't feeling well...I hope you are 100% better by now.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #409
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Beautiful castle pics!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #410
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Awesome photos of the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. Gorgeous!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stefy, sorry I've been missing. I have to admit I skimmed the last couple of updates (we've had a little bit of excitement going on at our house so I'm behind on everything). Love the pictures of you and Dave at Disneyland Paris. I saw that you weren't feeling well...I hope you are 100% better by now.
Thanks Kathy, am hoping to get up to date now with updates. Look forward to reading your news on your thread

Am feeling ok, still got the remnants of a cough and my throat has started to hurt a bit, but am on the case and taking Echinacea

Hope you are good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Beautiful castle pics!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #411
Stefy

Hi Everyone

How are we all doing?

Yay for being mid week, not long til the weekend

So its time for another update yes?

We last left off with finishing our tour of Sleeping Beauty Castle. We move outside now, to show you the gorgeous architecture and turrets

Cntd...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #412
Stefy

...cntd

Tour finished, we made our way down stairs and headed into Fantasy Land.

Dave tried his hand to see if he was the future King of Disney

The Cinderella fountain is nearly the same here, except it doesn't have the crown above her head when you kneel down.

Our first ride of the day was...

We had the ride all to ourselves which was awesome. Did you know that this is our first ever Dumbo ride, we haven't even been on the one in WDW!!!

Dave took some photos on his phone. We have video too but need to do some tweaking first

Cntd...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #413
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yeah! You are back!

Great photos, Stefy! I just love "our" pink castle! Only 52 more days until we are back.
I checked for the new shows and parades - looks awesome!

Thanks for getting me in the mood!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #414
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Okay, you posted while I was typing!

Love the Dumbo photos! AWESOME to have the ride to yourselves! ... and, this is one ride we have not been on yet either! Not in DL, not in WDW and not in DLRP ...... maybe we SHOULD try it!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #415
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah! You are back!

Great photos, Stefy! I just love "our" pink castle! Only 52 more days until we are back.
I checked for the new shows and parades - looks awesome!

Thanks for getting me in the mood!
Thanks

The 20th Celebrations are going to be so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it

Quote:
Okay, you posted while I was typing!

Love the Dumbo photos! AWESOME to have the ride to yourselves! ... and, this is one ride we have not been on yet either! Not in DL, not in WDW and not in DLRP ...... maybe we SHOULD try it!
It was awesome being the only ones on Dumbo, its not a bad ride but you should go on it at least once just to say you have
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #416
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Thanks

The 20th Celebrations are going to be so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it

It was awesome being the only ones on Dumbo, its not a bad ride but you should go on it at least once just to say you have
I am gonna take your advice! Is Dumbo open during EMH? We have APs, so are eligable, even if we don't stay at a Disney resort.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #417
Stefy

...cntd

Exiting Dumbo we walked around and saw this little scene

It's Pascal!

Ooh the excitements bubbling out

Our next ride of the day was...

We love love love this ride, it is totally different and way way better than WDW. I can't remember the WDW one that well, but this one feels like it has so much more, more detail, effects etc. Our favourite part (which we weren't able to get a good pic of) was towards the end when Tink dusts the pirate ship and it lights up slowly in golden light, awesome!

After Peter Pan we made our way towards Discovery Land, as being early EMH not many rides were open. We took a leisurely stroll and lots of pics along the way.

This is Snow Whites Wishing Well

We finally made our way to our next ride...

Still waaay better than WDW, although my head took a battering which wasn't good first thing in the morning.

We rode Star Tours next, as we had never been on the original one in WDW. I don't know whether its because of our experience beforehand (ride must have broken down or something as the line was short but was taking forever to get to the line for the pod) but I didn't like it. I prefer the new updated version at WDW, waay better and its in 3D

Cntd...
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #418
Stefy

...cntd

We made our way over to Small World to see what the line was like.

This is the Italian themed part of the park. See how the building is leaning slightly, a nod towards Pisa we were told.

We saw Suzy and Perla in the distance with little line and made our way over for a photo.

However, once it was our "turn" a UK family came running over and jumped right in for a picture. We didn't bother getting a picture after that (as I got slightly annoyed), so we carried on to IASW.

The line was pretty much nonexistent and we hopped right in to a boat.

I love these posters

Again this is another ride we prefer to WDW's as its more colourful and bright and I feel like it has more, more dolls, more detail etc

Cntd...
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #419
Stefy

Quote:
I am gonna take your advice! Is Dumbo open during EMH? We have APs, so are eligable, even if we don't stay at a Disney resort.
Yes Dumbo is open during EMH, so defo go for it
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #420
Stefy

...cntd

We headed on back towards Fantasy Land for our next ride which was...

This is a cute little ride, which we enjoyed and rode a few times during our trip.

The detail in this park is just incredible, take Strombolis cart for instance.

This sign is so cute

After Pinocchio it was time for Pirates!

I prefer the WDW version to this one, as you have the added extras from the movies, oh and Jack too

After Pirates we made our way over to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones. Its a shame WDW doesn't have this ride in the studios, as its a fun ride, with loops and twists and turns.

It was time to tackle Phantom Manor, so onward we went. Unfortunately we found out it was down at that time, so we decided to come back later, but not before taking some more photos.

So where to next? Why Big Thunder of course.

We enjoyed this ride as much as WDW, nice little rollercoaster

We took some more photos around Frontierland

The reason for this random pic is I saw a rooster or chicken and I had to get photographic evidence as Dave hadn't seen it. He did think I was nuts however for taking a random photo of a food cart

Back to Fantasy Land for a ride on Snow White, a little bit different to WDW as its more darker, but both still very good.

We found the Christmas shop in the castle on our down towards Main Street. Suffice to say I was very happy as I was hoping to get some bargain Christmas decorations for our tree for this year.

No photos of our purchases, but I did get some bargain baubles and some other ornaments. We did get this as well for our next Christmas trip to WDW

Cntd...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: