Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #331
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Stefy and Dave! Looking forward to hearing more about your Disneyland Paris trip ... we went on the Eurostar back in 2005 (when it used to go from Waterloo!) to Paris - not Disneyland though but we had an amazing mini-break

Snow not too bad here now... I'm not looking forward to driving in the morning though... think it'll be icy! lol

Emma x
Hey Emma

Our very first DLRP trip we went from Waterloo to Gare de Nord and it was a nightmare trying to figure our where to get our train from. We were younger at the time and with another couple, did not have a clue But we eventually made it

Glad the snow isn't too bad, hopefully it won't be too icy, but the sky was very white looking and we could see more snowfall tonight.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #332
Stefy

...cntd

There was a hoarding in the main hub where the stage show usually is. They had posters up advertising the 20th Anniversary Celebrations in April.

This place is awesome, its the Dwarves cottage turned into a store (more details later), the theming is just amazing, so detailed and so different.

The dragon that lives under the castle

This is the Disney Family Crest, but the original Disney name (more on that later).

Cntd...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #333
Stefy

...cntd

They have the Cinderella fountain, but it doesn't have the hidden crown like WDW.

This is Skull Rock from Peter Pan

We discovered some hidden caverns and decided to explore

The pics stopped here as we had to concentrate on finding our way out

There are rumours that this may become a Tarzan attraction

I thought this hat was cute

Am going to leave it here for now, but hopefully I can get some more up tomorrow

Next up: Agrabah
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #334
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

love all the photos!!!!!!

The DL hotel looks really nice. I love all the detail, thanks for taking the time to take all those pics - I never wanted to stay there, but your photos really make me think about spending a few nights there.
We already have a booking in place for April in the villa where we usually stay, but maybe we could fit in a few days in the fall.

I love riding the train around and the leisurely pace you are taking to explore is just so nice!

Thanks for all the photos, they bring back a lot of memories ..... and I cannot wait to see the new show they have planned for their 20th anniversary in April!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #335
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Looks good so far guys! Dave, you're really getting the hand of that camera of yours! How is it carrying around the parks, weight wise? That lens adds a little bit huh? Every once in a while, throw on the kit lens just to see how light it gets.

Just out of curiosity, how would you rate the difficulty of getting around for someone who only speaks English?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #336
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Looks good so far guys! Dave, you're really getting the hand of that camera of yours! How is it carrying around the parks, weight wise? That lens adds a little bit huh? Every once in a while, throw on the kit lens just to see how light it gets.

Just out of curiosity, how would you rate the difficulty of getting around for someone who only speaks English?
It doesn't feel heavy to me anymore, I had contemplated putting on the kit lens but I don't think I could. I just like the extra zoom way way too much. It isn't easy using the sling strap though with a big thick coat, much easier in Florida for sure.

English is fine there, loads of Cast Members are actually English anyways so there was never a problem really.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #337
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's pretty easy - we only communicate in English as well when we go there and it works perfectly well.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 02-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #338
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oooh, I've never read a Disneyland Paris TR, this is exciting!

I love how the train lets you out right in front of the resort!! Even better that a CM came inside the train to hand out packages, speeds up the process.

Everything looks so nice and different. I had heard of but never seen the dragon. And so many places to explore. Wow! I really hope one day we get the chance to visit all Disney parks around the globe, but I doubt that'll happen unless we win the lottery...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #339
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Love the DLRP pictures. I am hoping that we will be making a stop there on our trip to Europe in July.

BTW, I LOVE Revenge. Obsessed with it actually.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #340
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful update on your trip to Disneyland Paris. The hotel room looks really pretty, and I love that you just wandered the parks and skipped the rides and took all those beautiful pictures (especially since I'll never get there ).
Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #341
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

YAY! an update! How fun to see your DLP trip! Thanks for sharing all the pics. Is the area where the "dwarf store" is inside the castle? I have always thought the castles should be interesting and fun instead of just a walk way. Don't stay away too long!
Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #342
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh it's lovely to read about your DLP visit

I was there myself a couple of weeks ago and am just in the middle of my own TR

Isn't the Disneyland Hotel lovely? and you certainly can't beat the location
Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #343
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
love all the photos!!!!!!

The DL hotel looks really nice. I love all the detail, thanks for taking the time to take all those pics - I never wanted to stay there, but your photos really make me think about spending a few nights there.
We already have a booking in place for April in the villa where we usually stay, but maybe we could fit in a few days in the fall.

I love riding the train around and the leisurely pace you are taking to explore is just so nice!

Thanks for all the photos, they bring back a lot of memories ..... and I cannot wait to see the new show they have planned for their 20th anniversary in April!
Thanks We love the DLH, its so convenient and so pretty and we got a pretty sweet deal too. Next trip we have to meet up with you guys

You are gonna have a blast for the 20th Anniversary Celebrations. A tip for you, they are going to be doing evening shows where you need tickets for them, no ticket no show. So make sure you enquire about getting some as from what we were told/heard DLRP are going all out!

Quote:

Thanks The language barrier wasn't too bad, most CM's speak English, but we had the odd few that had to get someone else to help us out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oooh, I've never read a Disneyland Paris TR, this is exciting!

I love how the train lets you out right in front of the resort!! Even better that a CM came inside the train to hand out packages, speeds up the process.

Everything looks so nice and different. I had heard of but never seen the dragon. And so many places to explore. Wow! I really hope one day we get the chance to visit all Disney parks around the globe, but I doubt that'll happen unless we win the lottery...
Thanks It is handy when the CM's come round the train as you can basically go straight to the parks

The dragon was pretty cool and only just started working properly last year I think. Or it got refurbed slightly

Visiting all the parks around the globe would be a dream wouldn't it Don't give up because you never know what is around the corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Love the DLRP pictures. I am hoping that we will be making a stop there on our trip to Europe in July.

BTW, I LOVE Revenge. Obsessed with it actually.
Thanks Ooh you are visiting in July? Whereabouts are you going?

Revenge is very good and its starting to hot up, think this weeks ep picks up from the pilot episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a wonderful update on your trip to Disneyland Paris. The hotel room looks really pretty, and I love that you just wandered the parks and skipped the rides and took all those beautiful pictures (especially since I'll never get there ).
Thanks We enjoyed just wandering around taking it all in. Really made a nice change to the last time we were there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
YAY! an update! How fun to see your DLP trip! Thanks for sharing all the pics. Is the area where the "dwarf store" is inside the castle? I have always thought the castles should be interesting and fun instead of just a walk way. Don't stay away too long!
Lol Yep finally got round to it, so glad I haven't lost you all too. Although I wouldn't blame you.

The dwarf store is just outside the castle to the side. We have more pics to show later so stay tuned

I love that we were able to walk through and around the castle, always thought it was a shame you couldn't do the same in WDW. Just you wait, we have more castle pics from inside and out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ooh it's lovely to read about your DLP visit

I was there myself a couple of weeks ago and am just in the middle of my own TR

Isn't the Disneyland Hotel lovely? and you certainly can't beat the location
Ooh will have to check your TR out, am so behind on my subbed ones at the mo though

I love the DLH, is so pretty and the smell as well when you walk in, like talcum powder. Was really nice to walk into that when coming in from the cold.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #344
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Thanks Lol Yep finally got round to it, so glad I haven't lost you all too. Although I wouldn't blame you.

The dwarf store is just outside the castle to the side. We have more pics to show later so stay tuned

I love that we were able to walk through and around the castle, always thought it was a shame you couldn't do the same in WDW. Just you wait, we have more castle pics from inside and out
Looking forward to the pics! I guess I get mixed up about the castle, because at DLR in Calif. you do walk through the castle to Fantastyland, which is cool, but there is nothing in there except a restroom.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #345
Stefy

Morning All

How are we all doing today? Can't believe it is Monday already, bleugh

Well how about I start your Monday morning off with more DLRP pics?

We left off with us wandering the park taking photos. We had come to the Agrabah part of the park and our next stop was Aladdin.

This is basically a walk through of scenes from Aladdin

Where's Genie?

Is not a bad little walkthrough and the scenes are pretty cool and its very well themed in there.

We wandered around a store opposite and then headed back towards the Castle. I saw this and wanted some pics.

Cntd...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: