Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #316
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates!!! And a huge congrats to Dave on his new job! I'm sure it will go great!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #317
Kleese
Mouseketeer

I thought I would be futher behind then I am. You both had such a beautiful wedding and the honeymoon so far is a dream. I can't wait to hear more. Congrats on the job! How was your first day?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #318
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, I'm back from my mini-trip to Florida and wanted to check in to see if I missed any upates. Hope you had a great time at DisneyParis.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #319
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. Stef is going to do an update later but isn't sure if she should carry on and do the cruise arrival etc or, the recent Disneyland Paris trip. What do you think?

Oh and thanks for all the well wishes on the new job, everything is going really well and my department has some cool people in it
Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #320
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
Hey everyone! Hope you are all well. Stef is going to do an update later but isn't sure if she should carry on and do the cruise arrival etc or, the recent Disneyland Paris trip. What do you think?

Oh and thanks for all the well wishes on the new job, everything is going really well and my department has some cool people in it

Why, both of course!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #321
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Why, both of course!
I definitely second that!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #322
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Stefy, I just came here to wish you safe travels to Disneyland Paris and a wonderful and stressfree stay there.
Enjoy the visit (keep in mind this is good old Europe and people shove and jump lines )
Have a sandwich at EoS for me! (and maybe an adult drink too )

Enjoy yourselves!
Thanks We had a wonderful time, so much better than last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Wonderful updates!!! And a huge congrats to Dave on his new job! I'm sure it will go great!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleese View Post
I thought I would be futher behind then I am. You both had such a beautiful wedding and the honeymoon so far is a dream. I can't wait to hear more. Congrats on the job! How was your first day?
Thanks

Nope not too far behind, more like I'm far behind on everything Dis these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stefy, I'm back from my mini-trip to Florida and wanted to check in to see if I missed any upates. Hope you had a great time at DisneyParis.
Glad you had a good time, was following along on Facebook living vicariously through you for my Disney fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Why, both of course!
Quote:
I definitely second that!
Lol, hmmm well I guess I could do DLRP first and then get back on track with arriving at PC
Old 02-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #323
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Lol, hmmm well I guess I could do DLRP first and then get back on track with arriving at PC
I am ALL for that!!!!

Just one personal question - do you still live at the same address? You know maybe there is mail from a certain friend who is about to visit the DREAM.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 02-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #324
Stefy

Quote:
I am ALL for that!!!!

Just one personal question - do you still live at the same address? You know maybe there is mail from a certain friend who is about to visit the DREAM.
Lol

Yep still at the same address, hopefully until April then we'll have a new one

Can't believe you guys are off in a week, can't wait to hear all about it
Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #325
Stefy

Disneyland Paris

Hi Guys

How are you all doing? Weekends going good?

Ours has been good, finally got some snow and its quite thick. Hopefully everything won't come to a standstill tomorrow when everyone goes back to work, but we shall see.

So, shall we get this party started? Will try and blitz our DLRP for you and then we can resume our normal schedule

We had an awesome time in DLRP, it was lovely and quiet. Everything was practically walk on and the weather wasn't as cold as we were expecting it to be. Apparently a week after we went is when it got freezing cold, so we were lucky on that account too

Sunday January 22
We woke up bright and early, got ready and waited for our car to pick us up to take us to St Pancreas. I had made some cookies the night before for the train journey and they turned out quite well, what you think?

We arrived at the station and headed towards the Eurostar bookings office, as I was curious about upgrading our tickets. Spoke to a lovely lady who told me that there were seats available and we upgraded to Standard Premier seats. Originally when we booked our train we just went for the standard seats as the upgrade at the time was ridiculous and we wanted to keep a low budget for this trip. But the call of a larger, quieter carriage was calling me and Dave, bless him, gave in and said we could upgrade

After the ticket office we made a few pitstops to pick up some lunch and snacks for the train. Then we made our way over to Starbucks for my must have peppermint hot chocolate.

Then it was time to head on over to departures. We made it through quickly and headed to our gate.

Apparently there was only one other passenger in our carriage, so we pretty much had it to ourselves. But then a few Eurostar staff decided to settle in, so we weren't completely alone, but as good as

We were served a continental breakfast, which was a croissant, bread, jams etc

Then we sat back and watched the countryside fly by.

I had loaded up my iPad with the latest Pretty Little Liars episode and Revenge, so watched those to pass the time. Anyone else watch these shows? So good!

Before we knew it, we were at Marne le Vallee and carting out cases over to this beauty.

Cntd...

Old 02-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #326
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Not sure if you said, but how long is the train ride?

Is that the Disneyland Hotel?! Holy cow, that's gorgeous!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #327
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

for upgrading and having the coach to yourself (well, almost),

Food looks good and isn't it so convenient the train nearly runs "into" the Disneyland hotel?
Can't wait to hear what kind of view you had and what you did first after you had arrived.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #328
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Not sure if you said, but how long is the train ride?

Is that the Disneyland Hotel?! Holy cow, that's gorgeous!
The train ride is about 2hrs30, used to be longer but they came out with the new "faster" trains last year I think.

The Disneyland Hotel is a gorgeous hotel and aptly nicknamed the Pink Palace. Stay tuned as I have another update coming up, just uploading pics

Quote:
for upgrading and having the coach to yourself (well, almost),

Food looks good and isn't it so convenient the train nearly runs "into" the Disneyland hotel?
Can't wait to hear what kind of view you had and what you did first after you had arrived.
I love that the train gets you literally to the parks

Stay tuned, update coming right up
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #329
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Stefy and Dave! Looking forward to hearing more about your Disneyland Paris trip ... we went on the Eurostar back in 2005 (when it used to go from Waterloo!) to Paris - not Disneyland though but we had an amazing mini-break

Snow not too bad here now... I'm not looking forward to driving in the morning though... think it'll be icy! lol

Emma x
Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #330
Stefy

...cntd

We arrived at check in and got our room key sorted. A CM had come by on the train earlier to give us our park tickets and give us the opportunity to use the Disney Express to have our bags taken care of. But we thought that would be a waste and a long wait as the hotel is literally right next to the station.

We found our room and took the oblig pictures

Is a lovely large spacious room and the beds were really comfy, apart from being a bit too small. View wise wasn't the greatest and we didn't take a pic, it overlooked the entrance (but to the side). But all in all we loved the room

Room explored, we made our way out to Disneyland Park.

We decided to hop on to the Disneyland Railroad as the line was short and we figured a round trip around the park would be cool.

Big Thunder Mesa

Space Mountain II

Train journey over, we started back on Main Street and made our way down slowly, taking pics. We decided that we would not worry about the rides and just explore the park taking pictures. Nice and relaxed

Cntd...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: