Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #301
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great updates

The photos are just wonderful, your DH is a very good photographer

I'm really excited to read about your cruise
Thanks Cruise update will be up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
You could have found a more flattering pic of him :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by npstudent2012 View Post
I am new to Dis, but just wanted to say I am thoroughly enjoying your TR. You were a gorgeous bride!
Cannot wait for more updates!
Hi and Thanks for joining us and thank you for the lovely comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Off to a great start! Love all the surprises and especially how excited Dave was for the animals. We're just learning our new DSL camera too and it's so much fun! AKL sounds like the perfect place to experiment!
I love surprising Dave, so much fun AKL is perfect for pictures, defo go there next to get some great shots with your DSL camera
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #302
snoopygirl79
Mouseketeer

Dave - congrats on the new job!! How fab!!

Great update Stefy and love the surprises for Dave!! I can't wait to hear about your cruise as I love cruising!!!

WDW - 2000, 2002, 2006
DLR 2003
DLP - 1997, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014

Can't wait to take our DDs to WDW in 2015!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #303
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
Yay she updated!

All of the surprises were awesome, getting to the resort by town car was great because it was quiet, relaxing and because we were 2 hrs delayed, so this was much quicker than Magical Express. I loved taking pics outside but there were so many bees and bugs flying around, not to mention it was already so hot and humid that day (a recurring theme).

So my news.....I have worked for the same guy for 9.5 years now and this has been my only job ever, I started when I was 16. The company is a lot smaller now and there has been a possible chance of redundancy looming over my head, so in December I had a job interview, my first actually as I walked right into my current job. It went great and on Wednesday I was told they didn't want to see me for a second interview, but they wanted to offer me a job, which I have accepted and will start on the 30th January! I am a mixture of excited and scared at this point but it's more money which means we can move quicker and start saving for mortgage deposit and future Disney trips.
Completely missed this, but congratulations! How exciting!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #304
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stefy, I love the updates. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the AKL (it has become our new favorite resort, over CSR and the Polynesian and we can't wait to stay there again in 2013 for our 30th wedding anniversary).

Dave looks so cute looking through the fence waiting for the animals to come out.

So glad you guys enjoyed Boma. It's one of our favs!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #305
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love all the surprises! I wish I could surprise Brandon with an upgrade of a resort, but he probably wouldn't care, so it's kind of pointless!

The AKL room is beautiful, but what's with the bathroom? Where was the shower? Love the pictures of the resort, it's so pretty there!

Boma is probably my favorite breakfast at WDW right now, it's so good!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #306
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Concierge at AKL, what a wonderful, double, surprise! We stayed at AKL for the first time in Oct, and fell in love! I'd really like to do concierge someday!

Yum, Boma breakfast! That is where DH and I ate the morning after we got engaged, so it will always hold a special place in in my heart!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #307
VBsHustla
DIS Veteran

Just caught up and loved all the updates so far! Your wedding was just beautiful! You look so pretty, and that location is lovely. I especially love the floating lanterns and the awesome pic of you on the balcony overlooking the sea. So pretty!

An AKL CL room is such a great surprise! I'd love to stay there with a balcony overlooking the savannah. The CL lounge looks so cool overlooking that amazing lobby. Loved all of Dave's pics from that morning, too!

Can't wait to hear about your cruise. We're (sort of) considering a cruise, but we don't think we'd be able to handle it haha, so I'm very interested in hearing what you guys thought!
Next time I see you, I'm giving you a high five. 'Cause hugs are overrated, just FYI.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #308
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
Dave - congrats on the new job!! How fab!!

Great update Stefy and love the surprises for Dave!! I can't wait to hear about your cruise as I love cruising!!!
Thanks We love cruising now too and can't wait to do another

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Stefy, I love the updates. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the AKL (it has become our new favorite resort, over CSR and the Polynesian and we can't wait to stay there again in 2013 for our 30th wedding anniversary).

Dave looks so cute looking through the fence waiting for the animals to come out.

So glad you guys enjoyed Boma. It's one of our favs!
Thanks We really loved AKL and defo want to try it again for longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates! Love all the surprises! I wish I could surprise Brandon with an upgrade of a resort, but he probably wouldn't care, so it's kind of pointless!

The AKL room is beautiful, but what's with the bathroom? Where was the shower? Love the pictures of the resort, it's so pretty there!

Boma is probably my favorite breakfast at WDW right now, it's so good!
Thanks I am sure if you surprised him with the Poly or GF he would be well chuffed

Dave was standing in the shower for that shot of the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Concierge at AKL, what a wonderful, double, surprise! We stayed at AKL for the first time in Oct, and fell in love! I'd really like to do concierge someday!

Yum, Boma breakfast! That is where DH and I ate the morning after we got engaged, so it will always hold a special place in in my heart!
It was nice to do CL, although we didn't get to enjoy the lounge as much as we arrived late, but we made use of it before we left for the cruise Defo want to stay CL again as we want to do the exclusive safaris they offer which sound awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBsHustla View Post
Just caught up and loved all the updates so far! Your wedding was just beautiful! You look so pretty, and that location is lovely. I especially love the floating lanterns and the awesome pic of you on the balcony overlooking the sea. So pretty!

An AKL CL room is such a great surprise! I'd love to stay there with a balcony overlooking the savannah. The CL lounge looks so cool overlooking that amazing lobby. Loved all of Dave's pics from that morning, too!

Can't wait to hear about your cruise. We're (sort of) considering a cruise, but we don't think we'd be able to handle it haha, so I'm very interested in hearing what you guys thought!
Hey you made it over Thanks for joining in and for the lovely comments I wish we could get married again as it was such an amazing day, but we got the next best thing, celebrating our 1yr Anniversary there in September

You guys should defo do a cruise, its so much fun totally different to the parks. Hopefully I will be doing an update soon, we're hooked on Supernatural at the moment so that is keeping me away from the laptop in the evenings
Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #309
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a lovely surprise for Dave with the car service. What a welcome site after your flight delay.

And CONGRATS Dave on the new job! It must be so exciting for you. Good Luck!

And cruising is the best, ain't it?! We love to cruise. I think that is my most favorite way to vacation any more. Glad you had a good time and I can't wait to hear about it.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #310
burly
DIS Veteran

Been away from the boards for a while.
Just read the whole report.
Beautiful wedding!

Looking forward to more.

Kim
Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #311
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a lovely surprise for Dave with the car service. What a welcome site after your flight delay.

And CONGRATS Dave on the new job! It must be so exciting for you. Good Luck!

And cruising is the best, ain't it?! We love to cruise. I think that is my most favorite way to vacation any more. Glad you had a good time and I can't wait to hear about it.
I was so glad we had the car service because at that time of night and travelling on the ME would have just done me in

Cruising is awesome and a totally different experience to the parks as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Been away from the boards for a while.
Just read the whole report.
Beautiful wedding!

Looking forward to more.

Kim
Hi and Thanks for joining in and for the lovely comments

Am hoping to get an update done before we go to DLRP, so stay tuned
Old 01-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #312
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your last two updates. I read them yesterday so I forget some of the details. All I know is there were wonderful pictures involved and the surprise upgrade to AKL was a huge hit. Looking forward to reading about the cruise.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #313
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Dave on the new job!

Also, what a lovely idea with the car and the AKL upgrades! We're now completely spoiled and will never do anything other than a car when we travel to Disney. It's worth the money not to stress.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #314
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your last two updates. I read them yesterday so I forget some of the details. All I know is there were wonderful pictures involved and the surprise upgrade to AKL was a huge hit. Looking forward to reading about the cruise.
Thanks AKL is a beautiful resort with so many photo ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Congrats to Dave on the new job!

Also, what a lovely idea with the car and the AKL upgrades! We're now completely spoiled and will never do anything other than a car when we travel to Disney. It's worth the money not to stress.

Looking forward to hearing more!
As much as I love the ME, I loved the car service even more. It was quicker and more relaxed. We defo will be doing it again next trip
Old 01-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #315
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Stefy, I just came here to wish you safe travels to Disneyland Paris and a wonderful and stressfree stay there.
Enjoy the visit (keep in mind this is good old Europe and people shove and jump lines )
Have a sandwich at EoS for me! (and maybe an adult drink too )

Enjoy yourselves!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: