Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #226
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Uh Oh!

Hey Guys

Sorry for the lack of update last night, got a bit distracted playing Disney Universe. Dave bought me a controller for his PS3 and it turned up yesterday and now we are hooked on DU, its so much fun and so cute, anyone else have the game?

Anywho, the pics downloaded ok yesterday and we are good to go, so will try and get the update out tonight.

Ciao for now
Stefy xxx!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #227
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Don't you just love a morning off, so I can get right back to you.

Stefy, I just priced out the AP and it's about 100 GBP more than the 7 day tickets I usually HAVE TO buy with my OKW package. (used an online converter)
BUT ......... with your AP you can get a discount on your room rate AND you CAN get the DDP!!!!! (just not have to buy tickets). You would have to pay for the DDP, but if you buy in the US it is not as expensive as the British offer it for. OR you could get a TiW card, which gives you 20% off of your meals (adult beverages too).
Oh, and I forgot ....... you like to shop, don't you? There is a 10% discount at the WoD (and at the moment they are offering 10% off at ALL WDW stores - more savings)

Where your AP really comes to shine is when you go for a second time (which would easily be doable for you) within the one year.
2013 mid October to November vacation
2014 mid September to mid October vacation ........ easy ........ and your entry to the parks is virtually FREE!!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #228
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound fabulous! I hope you do a mini TR of DLRP, I have been there once several years ago but I didn't get much accomplished!

We are doing something similar to your 2013 plans, we are doing WDW for a few days before and after a 4 night Dream cruise on 10/20. My parents are joining us for either the before or the after for F&W. We probably will only do a few days on either end though. Sounds like 2012 will be a busy year for you guys!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #229
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Stefy and Dave, your pictures are absolutely amazing!!! Wow, I'm just in awe of your wedding!!! Finally caught up as I was away on a cruise myself... so I am excited to hear about a future one for you two! Cannot wait to read more!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #230
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Don't you just love a morning off, so I can get right back to you.

Stefy, I just priced out the AP and it's about 100 GBP more than the 7 day tickets I usually HAVE TO buy with my OKW package. (used an online converter)
BUT ......... with your AP you can get a discount on your room rate AND you CAN get the DDP!!!!! (just not have to buy tickets). You would have to pay for the DDP, but if you buy in the US it is not as expensive as the British offer it for. OR you could get a TiW card, which gives you 20% off of your meals (adult beverages too).
Oh, and I forgot ....... you like to shop, don't you? There is a 10% discount at the WoD (and at the moment they are offering 10% off at ALL WDW stores - more savings)

Where your AP really comes to shine is when you go for a second time (which would easily be doable for you) within the one year.
2013 mid October to November vacation
2014 mid September to mid October vacation ........ easy ........ and your entry to the parks is virtually FREE!!!!!!!!!
Thank for the info I think Dave is or has PM'd you to chat about a bit more, see if its an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Your plans sound fabulous! I hope you do a mini TR of DLRP, I have been there once several years ago but I didn't get much accomplished!

We are doing something similar to your 2013 plans, we are doing WDW for a few days before and after a 4 night Dream cruise on 10/20. My parents are joining us for either the before or the after for F&W. We probably will only do a few days on either end though. Sounds like 2012 will be a busy year for you guys!
Thanks We are very excited for 2013, can't wait to see WDW at Christmas

Your upcoming trip sounds great, 2012 or 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Stefy and Dave, your pictures are absolutely amazing!!! Wow, I'm just in awe of your wedding!!! Finally caught up as I was away on a cruise myself... so I am excited to hear about a future one for you two! Cannot wait to read more!!!
Aww thanks

How was your cruise? Where did you go?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #231
Stefy

Hi All

How are we all doing? Can't believe another weekend has come and gone. Hope you have all had a good one

Well let's get this TR back on track shall we Last I left off we had just got married Today we woke up as husband and wife. The plan was to spend the day together, but our friends wanted to go up to Mount Baldo and we thought, why not as its not everyday all your friends are together on holiday. So off we went.

We hopped on the tourist bus which stops outside, but at this particular time the bus was very busy and crowded which made us miss our stop. We got off on the next one, which luckily wasn't too far a walk.

A word of advice, if you want to visit Mount Baldo you need to go early morning as we were there around 11am and it was packed! The line for tickets was huge, took us about 40mins to just get tickets, then after that we had to join another line up the stairs to get into the cable cars.

Here are some pics from the ticket line.

We were just there yesterday

The first ride to midway point

Another thing about going early, so worth it as when it is busy they really pack you in to these cable cars and unless you are lucky enough to get to stand near the glass bits, if you're short like me its very difficult to hold on

We made it to midway point and waited for the next car

We finally made it and this was the view in front of us

It really is beautiful up there and very peaceful

A pic with my girls

Cntd...
Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #232
Stefy

...cntd

My budding photographer

We split up with some of our group after lunch and went back down to town and said goodbye to our friends there as we had to pick up our bits and pieces from the restaurant.

Mario greeted us when we got there and congratulated us again. We left to go back to the hotel and chill (and open presents ). Can't really remember what we did after that, think we went down to the lake with Dave's dad and girlfriend which actually was so much fun as the boys were so silly nearly falling on their butts in the water We got some great video footage.

I think after that we went back to the hotel and had dinner with a couple of our friends across the road from the hotel. This place is awesome and I think we have found another great little eatery. Its nothing special, but does the most amazing pizza and takeaway too

We said our goodnights and said we would say goodbye in the morning.

The next day we were flying home so we spent most of it packing and saying goodbye to everyone, but not before heading back over the road for one of these

Pam came to say goodbye and our driver turned up to take us to the airport. We had a few hours wait before our gate opened so we just sat around people watching and picked up a few bits and pieces. I saw this baby and just had to try it

Finally it was time to board the plane, we were making our way up the stairs and I asked the stewardess if there was somewhere we could stow my dress and the suits. She looked at me like I was speaking a different language and was totally unhelpful. So my dad and Dave took my dress and the suits and went back downstairs and boarded the plane from the front where they encountered a lovely stewardess who found somewhere to store everything. They got chatting and my dad bought up that it we had just got married and asked her if she could announce it over the tannoy. She said she couldn't, but did come back with these

It was really sweet of her, we cracked one of them open and toasted. The other one we have here as a memento

The flight home was uneventful and we were back in London before we knew and headed home to our beds.

Next up, we fly to Disney!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #233
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update, Stefy!

I love all your pictures ....... the view from up there is wonderful!

I am going to answer Dave's PM tomorrow or the day after, I am on sickleave at the moment (lost my voice ) and even though I am home, it takes me forever to get things done.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #234
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great update, Stefy!

I love all your pictures ....... the view from up there is wonderful!

I am going to answer Dave's PM tomorrow or the day after, I am on sickleave at the moment (lost my voice ) and even though I am home, it takes me forever to get things done.
Oh no, sorry to hear you aren't feeling very well. Get better soon

Thanks, Mount Baldo is amazing and the views are fantastic. I think next time we will try and go for when it opens, that way its not so stressful actually getting up there and feeling like a sardine.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #235
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Looked like a lovely day Stefy

Wasn't it great waking up the day after the wedding and thinking "we're married!" hehe.

Can't wait for the next updates as you make your way to WDW !

Emma x
Old 12-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #236
Stefy

We're Going To Disney!!!

Now we are on to the WDW portion of the trip. Are you ready?

We got back from Italy on a Saturday evening. We had to work Monday and Tuesday (half Tues for me) and then it was time for Disney!!!

The reason I had a half day on Tuesday is because I am notorious with my packing and usually need half a day to pack. I hate doing it with a vengeance and if I could pay someone to do it for me, I would. I remember taking a pic and emailing Dave my progress as he thought I was procrastinating over it.

I think I did quite well that day

Then it was off to bed ready for Disney the next day.

We woke up early and got ready and do last minute packing. Done and dusted, our car turned up and we were off

As a treat to ourselves we booked a luxury transfer

A Mercedes S-Class, it was such a smooth spacious ride. I think I'm hooked and want to use this company again as they were excellent and so friendly and also based on the fact that the ride home from the airport 2 weeks later was a nightmare! But that's for later on.

So off we went, missed out on a lot of traffic, but I think its because our driver took the long route. But it was fine as we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Another treat (and I think regular thing) we gave ourselves was booking time in the lounge at the airport.

Not the greatest pic sorry

I loved the lounge, it was a great way to kill time after doing all our shopping bits. As part of the package we could have unlimited food and drink and one hot food each from the menu, plus champagne

Dave got a bacon sarnie

I got eggs benedict

We spent most of our time in here chilling and snacking. I think what also made this a great idea was the fact that our flight was delayed by two hours. I would have been stir crazy if we hadn't been in here and downstairs on the hard benches Its getting really frustrating these days with Virgin as they are constantly delayed and I really don't understand why. You expect it from the budget domestic airlines, not the big chartered long haul airlines. But oh well, what can you do?

Our gate finally opened up and we made our way down. Our number was called and before we knew it we were sitting in the "bubble" waiting to take off.

Complimentary champagne or orange juice

Then we were cruising down the runway and up in the air

Shortly after dinner was served

Me and my Stitchy

Not long to go now

They served lunch

Then it was time to descend.

Next up: Surprise No. 1
Old 12-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #237
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Looked like a lovely day Stefy

Wasn't it great waking up the day after the wedding and thinking "we're married!" hehe.

Can't wait for the next updates as you make your way to WDW !

Emma x
Thanks

It was strange saying good morning husband, but it also felt great
Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #238
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

wow we had very similar honeymoon travel days!

So glad you two enjoyed the lounge at Gatwick.. I definitely prefer it to the Virgin Holidays V-Room, and like you say - nice to sit somewhere comfortable rather than those hard benches in the departure lounge

Emma x
Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #239
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Stefy.

The pictures in Italy are beautiful.

I can't believe you took that many pairs of shoes to Disney. My husband has put me on a huge restriction of how many shoes I can take on our trips.

Can't wait to hear about your arrival at Disney.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #240
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You take as many pairs of shoes to Disney as I do!

The last trip I took, I only took one pair of tennis shoes and two pairs of flip flops because I only used a carryon and I about died! I missed my choices.

Beautiful Italy pictures. Can't wait to hear about your arrival in Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: