Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #211
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Disneyland Paris

Ok, so the first update for 2012 is that (as most of you are all probably aware) we are going to...

Disneyland Paris!

We are quite excited to be giving DLRP another go (after last years debacle). We will be staying four nights this time in...

The Disneyland Hotel!

Hopefully the time of year we are going it won't be too busy (more bearable) and staying at the DLH also gives you FP's each for every night you stay which is handy. I won't be doing a PTR, but will do a mini TR when we get back
Old 12-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #212
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
News ........

Patiently waiting, even though it is getting late here too!
Don't worry, am rolling them out now
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #213
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love that you give DLRP another chance!

Just don't forget, this is good ol' Europe ......
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #214
Stefy

Our second update is that we have booked 4 nights in September to celebrate our 1yr Anniversary in

Lake Garda!!!

We'll be staying at the same hotel and have requested the room my parents were in (ours was next door to theirs). We requested that one as its at the very end, which we prefer.

We are so excited to be going back and spending a few days in our special place. We are going to try and explore Garda further by going to new parts that we haven't been to before. Meet up with Pam (our wedding planner) for dinner and check out the market in town as I missed out badly this year on bracelets. I am obsessed with the glass murano bracelets they sell over there and my friends went to the market when it was on and told me they had them on sale for 3 Euros each, which is a frickin steal!

Only downer for the trip is that someone is getting married on our actual anniversary and have booked the whole entire restaurant we had the reception at. Am a bit sad because I really wanted to eat there on the actual day, but we can eat there another day and I am sure Pam can recommend somewhere that will be just as good.

Again, depending on where we are at on the boards, we would love to do some sort of mini TR to share with you guys
Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #215
Stefy

Quote:
Love that you give DLRP another chance!

Just don't forget, this is good ol' Europe ......
We are too, we have a mini plan of action, but nothing major. We are expecting crowds, but hopefully not as bad as it was in December
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #216
Stefy

The next update is a major life update. People keep asking "How is married life" and my honest answer is no different because a) we have been together for 10yrs before getting married and b) we have lived together for 2yrs also. For me, our married life is going to begin when we find a place to live which is going to be very soon in the New Year (we hope).

We have decided to move out of London as we are just so fed up with the area we live in right now and the new area we have chosen is only 12 miles out of London, which isn't too bad for travel to work. Its also very nice looking and the people are friendly. You kinda get the whole village vibe, local pub, takeaway, restaurants etc. More community like and laid back

I am very excited to start the next chapter in our life as I feel like this will be a new beginning where we get to set up our own home just the way we like it.

I am also very excited to have dinner parties and our very first Christmas as husband and wife (I'm not counting this year) which is going to involve basically going into Christmas overload with decorations, food etc

We are also aiming to learn to drive and pass our test around Easter, as being close to London for public transport is all well and good, but I would much rather drive in.

So that is what we have to look forward to in 2012, I do have one last update for you though and it is Disney related
Old 12-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #217
Stefy

So our very last update is a Disney related one.

Now from the last few updates you haven't seen anything for WDW. We have actually booked a 10 night stay for November 2012 at AKL, however, due to life commitments at home we have decided to cancel going to WDW next year and will be going back in 2013.

Now you may think that that is bad news, but on the contrary we have cheered ourselves up by planning 2013 and let me tell you this trip will defo make up for missing out on WDW in 2012.

The plan (so far) is this. We are thinking about arriving towards the end of October and will start the trip off with:-

2 Nights @ Loews Portofino Bay to finally check out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Then its on to WDW for 5 nights to catch the end of Halloween/MNSSHP and F&WF

But we are not done there no, after that we are going to do a

4 Night Bahamas Cruise on the Dream

Then its back to WDW for another 5 nights to celebrate Christmas

That is scenario 1. Scenario two will be the same, except instead of a split stay we will do US/IOA and 10 nights at WDW followed by the 4 Night Cruise.

We are undecided on which scenario as we love the idea of doing Halloween and Christmas. Can you imagine arriving for Halloween then going on a cruise to then coming back and see everything decked out for Christmas?!?

The only thing thing making us think twice about scenario 1 is that the end of October is always very busy and we have heard that the beginning of November can get busy what with everyone wanting to visit when Christmas is starting and also I think there is Jersey Week and Veterans Day as well during that time.

But we have some major research to do and luckily quite a bit of time to think it through properly. However, we would most certainly welcome any advice you guys have. Let us know what scenario you prefer and what advice you have for them.

Ok, I'll stop boring you all with non TR related stuff. Hopefully tomorrow I can get these pictures downloaded and ready for the next update
Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #218
KatMark
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!! So much news.

Love the idea of you going back to Garda for your anniversary. And it sounds great that you are moving to a new area. And you are going to Disney Paris and then another long trip in 2013. Wow!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #219
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Wow, those are SOME updates!

Firstly, I totally understand the "how's married life" questions. It was the same for Tom and me. Our answer was always, it's exactly the same! I'm so jealous you live in a place where you can plan a trip to France one weekend and Italy another. Even you talking about living in London sounds so glamorous! Good luck finding a nice home in the place you are interested in. It sounds fantastic!

Holy crap, that 2013 Disney trip sounds amazing! I reeeally like scenario 1 with a week in WDW for Halloween, cruise and then going to back WDW for Christmas. So cool!

But the most important question is, what does this all mean for your north-eastern United States trip? Is that not going to happen anymore? Maybe before this huge WDW trip, you can fly into NYC and spend a few days???
Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #220
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I just found your report but Wow! What a beautiful wedding! I love Italy and and Italian wedding would be perfect. I've always said that if (when) I win the lottery I'm buying a villa in Tuscany.

Can't wait to read about the rest!

Jill in CO
Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #221
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
WOW!!!! So much news.

Love the idea of you going back to Garda for your anniversary. And it sounds great that you are moving to a new area. And you are going to Disney Paris and then another long trip in 2013. Wow!
Thanks We can't wait to go back to Garda and relax and take some time. This year was very hectic and I don't think we spent any time alone together, which was fine as we had family and friends with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Wow, those are SOME updates!

Firstly, I totally understand the "how's married life" questions. It was the same for Tom and me. Our answer was always, it's exactly the same! I'm so jealous you live in a place where you can plan a trip to France one weekend and Italy another. Even you talking about living in London sounds so glamorous! Good luck finding a nice home in the place you are interested in. It sounds fantastic!

Holy crap, that 2013 Disney trip sounds amazing! I reeeally like scenario 1 with a week in WDW for Halloween, cruise and then going to back WDW for Christmas. So cool!

But the most important question is, what does this all mean for your north-eastern United States trip? Is that not going to happen anymore? Maybe before this huge WDW trip, you can fly into NYC and spend a few days???
I don't mind the questions, but like you say you wish you had more to answer than "pretty much the same as always"

It is cool living so close to DLRP, but trust me the price to go there is ridiculous! Be cheaper to go to WDW But we are lucky to live so close to Europe, is funny though as we haven't really explored that much of it which is shocking!

We love the idea of scenario 1, we hope we can do it. But the booking system over here for Disney in the UK is different to the US. Split stays can be difficult. We only really have packages (unless you have Tables in Wonderland and Annual Passes) we book resort, tickets and dining together. So if we split stay, we have to book 5 day tickets and dining for one booking and then another booking for the other 5 nights. We can't book all in one for two separate dates. So we also need to research what the difference is in cost to do two separate bookings to one booking (hope that made sense).

As for NYC, we won't be making it over next year but I promise you we will get there one day, its on my bucket list of places to visit and I so want to meet you and Tom too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I just found your report but Wow! What a beautiful wedding! I love Italy and and Italian wedding would be perfect. I've always said that if (when) I win the lottery I'm buying a villa in Tuscany.

Can't wait to read about the rest!

Jill in CO
Hi and Glad to have you along

Ah yes a villa in Tuscany would be heaven as its such a beautiful place, fingers crossed for you
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #222
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great updates I'm glad you are giving DLP another chance and are returning to Lake Garda for your anniversary

As for WDW I prefer scenario one...have you thought about booking the first part via a package booking and then renting DVC points for the second half. You may have already considered this...it's what I'm hoping to do for our 2013 trip.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #223
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

First off - GREAT NEWS, Stefy!

I cannot wait to find out what area you are targeting on getting a home at, but my aunt lives in Orpington and it is such a wonderful nice quiet place and then you are in the bustling city in half an hour!

A Lake Garda vacation next year sounds wonderful. I know the area, we have spent quite a bit of time there when we were younger. I am even thinking that instead of going back to Lignano we could even go to a small village at Lake Garda, who knows, we still have a few months to decide.

Love your plans for 2013, even though we will miss you again!
I especially love the fact that you follow "our" vacation style.
Dividing your vacation into several parts is the best you can do ...... lots of fun and always something to look forward to.

As a little advice (don't know if you want to use a TA or not) BUT, Universal does have specials on their rooms but they usually run around 3 nights. So you might want to consider that (they offered a room discount AND free entry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
We love the idea of scenario 1, we hope we can do it. But the booking system over here for Disney in the UK is different to the US. Split stays can be difficult. We only really have packages (unless you have Tables in Wonderland and Annual Passes) we book resort, tickets and dining together. So if we split stay, we have to book 5 day tickets and dining for one booking and then another booking for the other 5 nights. We can't book all in one for two separate dates. So we also need to research what the difference is in cost to do two separate bookings to one booking (hope that made sense).
I don't know where you book Stefy, but if you book with Disney.co.uk there IS the option of booking room only. They just don't offer many discounts for it.

My advice:
a) book a package for the first part and take the ultimate ticket, book a room only with either the British or US Disney company - preferably US, as the discounts are usually better.
b) consider buying an AP (staying longer than 10 days makes it worth while) Get a room only with either a GP or AP discount for the two parts of your vacation. (Having an AP has many advantages - you can buy a TiW card, get discounts at many stores and IF you should go back in 2014 and you time it right, you can get a second visit out of your AP - by going in late September 2014 before your AP expires)

I always have to try and get the best deal otherwise we would not be able to travel the way we do!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #224
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Stefy!

Excited to hear about your plans for 2012.. hope the trip to Disneyland Paris is good, the hotel looks beautiful - like the Grand Floridian but with a European style?

The 2013 trip to WDW and a cruise sound fantastic! It'll seem ages away (like my next cruise seems lol) but it's nice to have plenty of time to save up and plan - great idea to see the Halloween and Christmas decorations in one trip too!

Hope the house-hunting goes well, moving out of central London sounds like a good idea (I know what you mean about the "how's married life?" questions too! DH and I have been together 7 years and lived together for four of those, so apart from changing my title & surname, it's just the same hehe)
Good luck with the driving lessons! That will be something fun and a real achievement for the new year.. I grew up in a quiet, remote village so pretty much had to learn to drive as soon as I turned 17 if I wanted to get anywhere! I probably wouldn't have learnt though if I'd lived in a city.. I used to dread my lessons but love being able to drive now lol.

Hope you're having a good Monday and getting excited for Christmas!

Emma x
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #225
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great updates I'm glad you are giving DLP another chance and are returning to Lake Garda for your anniversary

As for WDW I prefer scenario one...have you thought about booking the first part via a package booking and then renting DVC points for the second half. You may have already considered this...it's what I'm hoping to do for our 2013 trip.
Thanks Is a nice break to look forward to after coming back to work from the Christmas break.

I don't know if we would do DVC as we like to have the free dining when its offered and the deal on the park tickets is usually good. I don't know whether it would be a big enough saving or not to do it that way

Quote:
First off - GREAT NEWS, Stefy!

I cannot wait to find out what area you are targeting on getting a home at, but my aunt lives in Orpington and it is such a wonderful nice quiet place and then you are in the bustling city in half an hour!

We are thinking of Elstree & Borehamwood, is only 12 miles from London, transport connections are good and driving wise is a straight run really.

A Lake Garda vacation next year sounds wonderful. I know the area, we have spent quite a bit of time there when we were younger. I am even thinking that instead of going back to Lignano we could even go to a small village at Lake Garda, who knows, we still have a few months to decide.

Ooh you must visit, its such a beautiful location.

Love your plans for 2013, even though we will miss you again!
I especially love the fact that you follow "our" vacation style.
Dividing your vacation into several parts is the best you can do ...... lots of fun and always something to look forward to.

Ah yeah you do vaca like that, guess it is rubbing off on us too

As a little advice (don't know if you want to use a TA or not) BUT, Universal does have specials on their rooms but they usually run around 3 nights. So you might want to consider that (they offered a room discount AND free entry)

Thanks for that, will have to wait and see what the prices are when they release 2013 dates. Wish they would hurry up already

I don't know where you book Stefy, but if you book with Disney.co.uk there IS the option of booking room only. They just don't offer many discounts for it.

My advice:
a) book a package for the first part and take the ultimate ticket, book a room only with either the British or US Disney company - preferably US, as the discounts are usually better.
b) consider buying an AP (staying longer than 10 days makes it worth while) Get a room only with either a GP or AP discount for the two parts of your vacation. (Having an AP has many advantages - you can buy a TiW card, get discounts at many stores and IF you should go back in 2014 and you time it right, you can get a second visit out of your AP - by going in late September 2014 before your AP expires)

We book with UK Disney, I like to get the free dining and cheaper tickets. Have tried to price with AP's etc but it always works out more expensive because you are buying the AP for the first time so you have that lump sum to swallow. Then there is dining, you can't get the dining plan anymore with an AP can you?

I always have to try and get the best deal otherwise we would not be able to travel the way we do!
Believe me we always want to get the best deals, just a shame our deals in the UK suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Stefy!

Excited to hear about your plans for 2012.. hope the trip to Disneyland Paris is good, the hotel looks beautiful - like the Grand Floridian but with a European style?

The 2013 trip to WDW and a cruise sound fantastic! It'll seem ages away (like my next cruise seems lol) but it's nice to have plenty of time to save up and plan - great idea to see the Halloween and Christmas decorations in one trip too!

Hope the house-hunting goes well, moving out of central London sounds like a good idea (I know what you mean about the "how's married life?" questions too! DH and I have been together 7 years and lived together for four of those, so apart from changing my title & surname, it's just the same hehe)
Good luck with the driving lessons! That will be something fun and a real achievement for the new year.. I grew up in a quiet, remote village so pretty much had to learn to drive as soon as I turned 17 if I wanted to get anywhere! I probably wouldn't have learnt though if I'd lived in a city.. I used to dread my lessons but love being able to drive now lol.

Hope you're having a good Monday and getting excited for Christmas!

Emma x
Thanks 2013 is going to be great and luckily I won't be sitting twiddling my thumbs waiting for it as 2012 is going to be a major busy year for us too. So hopefully before we know it our trip will have creeped up on us

I started taking lessons earlier in the year, but due to family stuffs I had to stop as I just couldn't focus. But 2012 I am all ready to conquer that task

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: