Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #166
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Feel better soon!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirl79 View Post
I just LOVE your wedding dress!!! I love the sleeves on it as I found it hard to find one with some sort of sleeves as most of the ones I saw when I was looking were sleeveless which I don't like as they don't suit me!!!

Your day so far sounds so relaxed which is lovely!!!

Are the pork cube things called lardons?! I remember having those when I studied abroad in Europe as that was all we could find which resembled bacon!!! I love the fact you wanted to make bacon sandwiches - it's the best way to start a day!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
Thank you I just love my dress, I remember trying on a couple before I knew it was the one. Wish I could wear it again
Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #167
Stefy

Hey guys

How are we all today? Can't believe it's Monday already

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, hope you haven't all left out of boredom. I was meant to finish up the wedding at the weekend, but things did not go so well for me and I wasn't able to get round to it. Hopefully I can tonight though

Enjoy your Monday and speak to you all soon

Stefy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #168
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Hey Stefy!! I have been a very inconsistent DISer lately, but I'm so glad you sent me the message. I'm going to get caught up! I can't wait to get started reading!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #169
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Hey Stefy!! I have been a very inconsistent DISer lately, but I'm so glad you sent me the message. I'm going to get caught up! I can't wait to get started reading!
Yay you made it Thanks for stopping by. Our normal schedule should be starting back up soon
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #170
Kleese
Mouseketeer

You both have such a beautiful and loving family. I'm so happy that your day was so special minus the bites of course. Way to go Dave on the photo book! The cufflinks were very adorable. Did you have them made stef?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #171
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleese View Post
You both have such a beautiful and loving family. I'm so happy that your day was so special minus the bites of course. Way to go Dave on the photo book! The cufflinks were very adorable. Did you have them made stef?
Thanks hun The cufflinks I got from the Disney Store over here in the UK. I got them well in advance and had them hidden for like 6 months. But when I saw them I knew I had to get them for him
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #172
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Phew, ok, now I am all caught up and can't wait to read more.

Stef - You looked absolutely amazing, and I adore the little cap sleeves on the dress...so delicate! It looks like you had a really relaxing time leading up to the wedding, and what a beautiful location.

Dave - Glad to see you are going to give "your side" of the story as well. She hooked you up with some amazing cufflinks... and I hope the bacon cubes had a much nicer description in Italian!

Can't wait to read more from you both!

Jen
Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #173
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Stefy! Haven't deserted you - just a busy week with Thanksgiving and everything - you should start Thanksgiving there- it's a great excuse to pig out! We aren't leaving you now - we've waited a long time to read about your big day!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:52 AM   #174
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Stefy! Haven't deserted you - just a busy week with Thanksgiving and everything - you should start Thanksgiving there- it's a great excuse to pig out! We aren't leaving you now - we've waited a long time to read about your big day!!!!
I'll make sure she does a big update tomorrow
Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #175
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Phew, ok, now I am all caught up and can't wait to read more.

Stef - You looked absolutely amazing, and I adore the little cap sleeves on the dress...so delicate! It looks like you had a really relaxing time leading up to the wedding, and what a beautiful location.

Dave - Glad to see you are going to give "your side" of the story as well. She hooked you up with some amazing cufflinks... and I hope the bacon cubes had a much nicer description in Italian!

Can't wait to read more from you both!

Jen
Thank you It was such a beautiful day and I wish we could do it all over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great to know you're still here and don't worry am going to get this TR off the ground.

Hey guys

How are we all doing? Weekend going good?

Well I am going to get off my butt and finish the wedding part of the TR as I feel terrible for not having updated in so long. So here goes
Old 12-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #176
Stefy

Wedding Update

We left off with me setting off to the castle. We were running late and were in a bit of a rush, but we had to stop off quickly to touch up my hair and make up.

Touch up done, we were off. Was so surreal driving through town. Lots of people were waving and saying congratulations and blessing me. Was really sweet.

At one point we had to stop as our driver got a call from Pam saying we had to hold off for 5mins. I asked what the hold up was and he said that we weren't allowed to go up just yet. What?!? What you mean we can't go up just yet?!? Turns out that there was something wrong with the playlist I had made up, they couldn't work out how to use it or something. Dave can elaborate more as he was the one that saved the day

Whilst we were waiting we had attracted quite a crowd, but before long we were off. Katy was waiting at the entrance for us to take some more photos.

What we arrived in

I got stuck at this point, as my heel had gone straight through a gap on the step down

Can you believe that crowd behind us, so glad that I didn't take too much notice as I would have freaked out! Dad was saying it was like a crowd of paparazzi taking pictures.

Its a bit of a walk and this is only the halfway point. We had to stop here for a bit, before we were able to go on. So Katy took some more pictures.

I kept getting caught on the pebbles throughout the whole day, I was laughing here because I had gotten caught and the lady in the background kindly helped me out.

We got to the top and I was all ready to wow Dave on his first glimpse, but low and behold my clumsyness came into play and I got stuck yet again!

Not sure if he was crying there, Dave?

My mum was my witness, was glad I could include her in the ceremony

Cntd...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #177
Stefy

...cntd

Our officiant

We both decided to add the Italian tradition of kissing the rings, which was really sweet.

and we were officially married!

But it wasn't over yet as we had other official bits to got through.

Dave's aunt was his witness.

Signing the register

Then it was done and we were officially officially married

Then it was time for group shots. I won't post all of them, just a couple of family ones and the big group one

My mummy and daddy

Dave's mum and partner and his dad and his partner.

Cntd...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #178
Stefy

...cntd

Love this group shot.

We had to get a shot with Pam too.

We sent everyone off to a little bar where we had prosecco and ice cream waiting for them, so we could take our shots around the castle.

This is my favourite photo, am using it as my background on my laptop

Dave acting silly with my bouquet

It was at this point that Pam turned up with some ice cream and a welcome break as we were all starting to get hot from the heat.

Then it was back to work

I love this one

Cntd...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #179
Stefy

...cntd

Dave wanted to get this shot of me looking out towards the lake with my dress coming through the gap

More silliness

My hidden Mickey

Then it was time for the confetti shot. We had to do it walking up the steps because coming down we would have gotten a shot of some advertisings in the picture.

After the shots, we all walked down together to the reception. Dave's little cousin Katie had the important job of holding my train whilst we walked. She took it so seriously bless her

We have a few more photos of us walking, as it took a little while to get there. We finally arrived at the restaurant.

Our place settings

Our favours

Cntd...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #180
Stefy

...cntd

Menus

Centrepieces, which turned out fantastic, was so pleased with them

My dad had bought this for us the day before

The starter, which was an anti pasti buffet

There was a bit of a kerfuffle of everyone trying to do my bustle, but we got there in the end

This is from our photo frame which we asked people to sign

Confetti still in my hair. Was still pulling the stuff out of everywhere by the end of the night

Father and son

I love this one, Dave's lil bro looks like he's be caught about to do something naughty

Our candles all lit up

The centrepieces in the evening, were even more gorgeous as the candle light glistened off of the table crystals. Was perfect

Dave's dad's girlfriend asked if we could have a photo together so off we went. Then all the others came over and asked for some photos, I felt like a Disney Character with people waiting in line

Cntd...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: