Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
goofymama
DIS Veteran

Question Hot tubs on Dream/Fantasy

I looked thru the pictures of the day thread and saw lots of shots of pool areas but didn't see any hot tubs. I recall several nice raised hot tubs on the Magic. Are there not any on the new ships or just in a different location?

DL: 1965 WDW offsite:1975,1979,1981,1995 WDW Poly: May 2003 WDW POFQ: April 2005 WDW Dolphin: Oct 2007
Magic (W): May 2004 Magic (W): Jan 2006 RCCL (E): June 2009 Fantasy (W): May 2012

goofymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymama View Post
I looked thru the pictures of the day thread and saw lots of shots of pool areas but didn't see any hot tubs. I recall several nice raised hot tubs on the Magic. Are there not any on the new ships or just in a different location?
On the dream there are hot tubs--I think at least one on each side. The cool thing is they have a plexiglass bottom so you can see the ocean down below through the water!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

They are in different locations. Most of them are retangular in shape, and are sort of pushed up against the glass walls that look out each side of the ship. If no one else has any pictures handy, I'll try to upload at least one of mine that I took of DD in the hot tub.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Here are some pics of the adult hot tub.....and then the family hot tubs that were pretty much filled with young kids....

Family hot tub.......

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
DisFanJen
Disney Phreak

Urg!!

I'm a very private person and concious of the fact that I'm Pooh sized. So although I do swim at WDW I always wait till late (10\11pm) so I have the pool to myself.

I don't think there's ANY chance on me using the pools or hot tubs on the Dream if they are that packed...

Follow my tweets for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at: http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen

5/98 - DL(Off Site), 5/03 - WDW(Off Site), 2/04 - WDW(Off Site), 9/04 - WDW(Off Site), 12/05 - WDW(Off Site), 10/06 - WDW(AKL), 5/07 - WDW(SSR), 9/07 - WDW(SSR), 12/07 - WDW(SSR), 2/08 - WDW(Poly & GF), 12/08 - WDW(OKW, Wonder), 3/10 - WDW(AKL), 2/11 - WDW(OKW), 12/11 - WDW(SSR, OKW, Dream), 9/12 - WDW (OKW, Dream), 1/14 WDW (OKW, Fantasy), 11,14 (OKW, Dream)
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanJen View Post
Urg!!

I'm a very private person and concious of the fact that I'm Pooh sized. So although I do swim at WDW I always wait till late (10\11pm) so I have the pool to myself.

I don't think there's ANY chance on me using the pools or hot tubs on the Dream if they are that packed...
I hear at night time the crowds ease up, also at between 6:30 and 8:30 when many guests are at dinner or a show.

I understand that almost everyone has things they feel self conscious about but please don't let your size deter you from using the hot tubs at your leisure.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Tass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
I hear at night time the crowds ease up, also at between 6:30 and 8:30 when many guests are at dinner or a show.

I understand that almost everyone has things they feel self conscious about but please don't let your size deter you from using the hot tubs at your leisure.
After leaving CC (at the very last possible minute!) we rode the Aquaduck with a minimal wait, after which we went to the family hot tub and had it completely to ourselves for quite a while.

Also as SoCaOC-Mom said above, try not to let your feelings about your size affect the fun you have on the ship. As is the case most places, there are folks of every shape and size all around - have fun!
Tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
bmahokie
Mouseketeer

There are also hot tubs in the Spa, which you can access by purchasing a daily Rainforest pass for $15. And you get to go to the fabulous Rainforest showers as well as some aromatherapy rooms. And you can also partake of the ever-popular heated tile lounge chairs. I found it a VERY relaxing place to hide for a couple of hours!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanJen View Post
Urg!!

We were in the hot tub many times by ourselves this July. Mostly on the Castaway Cay days, but there were plenty of times that no one or just one or two people were in there.

I also wouldn't worry about your size....there are people of all shapes and sizes on the ships.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: