Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #46
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

[QUOTE=MisterOJ;45702797]Hi y'all.

We've been booked on this cruise for a while, but haven't gotten around to posting on here.

In our group, it'll be me and my wife (we'll be in our 30s) and our daughters, who will be 9 and 7 at the time of the cruise. This will be our third DCL cruise - the other two were on the Wonder and Magic, so we are looking forward to trying out one of the bigger ships. (Although, to be honest, I am a little concerned about it being a little too big.)

Also, my parents will be going along as well.[/QUOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcemomof2 View Post
Hello!! We are really thinking of booking for this cruise! I had originally wanted to book on 31 Aug 13, but kids are concerned about missing the first week of school. On this one they would be missing a whole week, but think it would be better than the first week...so not 100% sure yet. Anyway, I'm Cathy and DH is James (36 and 38) and my kids will be DD 14, DS 12, and DS 4 Last cruise was an 11 day on the Wonder in 2006, so I have been dying to get back on board! Wanted to wait until little DH was old enough to enjoy the kids club. We had an awesome DIS group on my last cruise, and cant wait to be part of a DIS group again!!
Hi Guys welcome aboard. This will be our 6th cruise with DCL (when we cruise), 2nd on the Western schedule which we just love. My DH John and I are on a Eastern this October so we are wrapped up on that planning right now.

MisterOJ having already been on the Dream you don't need to worry about the size of the ship. I think it is perfect for a 7 day cruise, lots to do and lots of places to spread out.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 AM   #47
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone my name is Lauren.

I will be cruising on this cruise with my Boyfriend Ricky.

I will be 27 Ricky 23 at the time of cruise.

This will be our 3rd cruise we are doing the 2nd September 2013 Alaska and we did the 10th December 2011 Western Caribbean.

We are from Tasmania Australia and cant wait to meet you all.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #48
wdwgoose
DIS Veteran

W
E
L
C
O
M
E

GLAD TO SEE WEARE GROWING !!!!!!

we cruise earlier with a firefighter from eden hills and then a couple from melborn area,
WOW almost down to the 1 year mark

garRy

wdwgoose
offsite 82, 87
AT least annualy since 1991
Magic 11/24/00; Magic 10/13/01; Magic 05/11/02 (20th Anniversary); Magic 12/18/04
wdwgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #49
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Did I miss it or have we not talked about it.

Are we doing Fish Exchange??
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #50
wdwgoose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeld86 View Post
Did I miss it or have we not talked about it.

Are we doing Fish Exchange??

WEL YEAAAAAAA

just been waiting for more cruisers

garRy

wdwgoose
offsite 82, 87
AT least annualy since 1991
Magic 11/24/00; Magic 10/13/01; Magic 05/11/02 (20th Anniversary); Magic 12/18/04
wdwgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #51
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Oh one more thing... Im very creative (photographer in my spare time) and for our NYE cruise I've organized T-shirts/hats and would love to do it again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We just got off 4 days on the Disney Dream & booked this cruise while onboard! Gotta love those onboard booking benefits!

It will be DH & I cruising. We will be a little late in celebrating our 12 yr anniversary of our Disneyland wedding that was Sept 12, 2000. This past cruise we were able to celebrate on Castaway Cay. Next year we can do our usual WDW celebration on our actual anniv date, then carry the celebration right onto the Fantasy.

sgc1107, I think your tee shirts/hats idea sounds great! Would make it really easy to find each other on board.

We will be decorating our cabin door with magnets, but usually don't do FE. I am interested in the Facebook page, too, even though I never seem to go on Facebook. Guess I've survived so many years without it that I find it kind of scary, but I think I could be OK with this type of group. You may have to educate me! Meanwhile, if any of you are visiting WDW and want to set up a meet we only live 45 min away and can usually be ready to go at a moment's notice!

I have to go get ready to go out tonight, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to go set up my new countdown ticker. Well, maybe later tonight if we're not out too late!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #52
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShinn View Post
I am Vanessa and I will be joining you guys on this cruise with my dh Chris and our son Cj who will be 15 months old. I've done several cruises on the magic and we were married on castaway cay during a dream cruise last october.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone before we cruise!
Hi Vanessa. My son will be 16 months old! He was born on May 9th. He is named CJ too!! Cliff is his name but he is a Jr. so we have been calling him CJ. I'd love to hear your thoughts on cruising with a baby. Early dinner? Are you planning to book some nursery time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOJ View Post
Hi y'all.

We've been booked on this cruise for a while, but haven't gotten around to posting on here.

In our group, it'll be me and my wife (we'll be in our 30s) and our daughters, who will be 9 and 7 at the time of the cruise. This will be our third DCL cruise - the other two were on the Wonder and Magic, so we are looking forward to trying out one of the bigger ships. (Although, to be honest, I am a little concerned about it being a little too big.)

Also, my parents will be going along as well.
My DD will be 9 next year too. She is super excited about the kids club. This is our first Disney cruise and the largest ship we have been on.
elizablake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #53
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
We just booked this week! This will be our first Disney cruise. I will be traveling with my hubby, my daughter who will be 9, and my son who is not born yet-LOL. He will be about 16 months.

We are experienced cruisers but have never booked one this far out!
My parents booked the room next to use yesterday!!! I am super excited. They have been on one cruise before in 2008. My Father hates ships, crowds, water and sand....but he is going for my Mom.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
elizablake
DIS Veteran

One more thing.... I have a bit of graphic design experience and I am happy to help with autograph books, door magnets, etc.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #55
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My parents booked the room next to use yesterday!!! I am super excited. They have been on one cruise before in 2008. My Father hates ships, crowds, water and sand....but he is going for my Mom.
I can't seem to stop posting today

These are our rooms:

Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #56
perfectmatch300
United We Stand

Quote:

These are our rooms:

We are one deck above you!

We were on the Dream last week. Different ship, but we had the same room on our cruise on the Dream that you have for this cruise on the Fantasy. The one directly mid-ship!

Last edited by perfectmatch300; 09-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.
perfectmatch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #57
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

These are our rooms:

we are about the same area just on the other side
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #58
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
We are one deck above you!

We were on the Dream last week. Different ship, but we had the same room on our cruise on the Dream that you have for this cruise on the Fantasy. The one directly mid-ship!
Wow! We have 8188 (parents are 8186). Is that the room you were in on the Dream?! Do you have photos of the balcony?

Did you feel a lot of vibration? Was it a long walk to the shows at the front of the ship? I guess it couldn't have been too bad if you booked another aft cabin.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #59
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeld86 View Post
we are about the same area just on the other side
Same floor? Aft? Just curious, I promise I'm not going to come knocking on your cabin door. I'm sooooo excited about having a balcony this trip. Normally we save the $$ for other things but we will have a toddler and expect to spend more time in the cabin.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #60
perfectmatch300
United We Stand

Quote:
Wow! We have 8188 (parents are 8186). Is that the room you were in on the Dream?! Do you have photos of the balcony?

Did you feel a lot of vibration? Was it a long walk to the shows at the front of the ship? I guess it couldn't have been too bad if you booked another aft cabin.
Yes, we were in 8188. Would have booked it again if it were available. I'm sure we will be just as happy right above you. I do have pictures of the balcony and the cabin. If you want to see them, PM me your email & I'll send them to you that way. I'm not at all good at posting pics here so it takes me FOREVER to do it, that's why I'd rather email them. BTW, I really hope you DO knock on our door at some point, otherwise I'll have to come knock on yours!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: